Start by marking “Ghosts (The Accidental Turn, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Ghosts (The Accidental Turn, #1.5)

Ghosts

(The Accidental Turn 0.5)

For seventeen years, Bevel Dom has been the author of his own story. Or, rather, he's been the author of The Tales of Kintyre Turn, the illustrated scrolls chronicling his adventures as first the squire, then the colleague, and then finally the friend of legendary hero Kintyre Turn. But there are some stories that Bevel doesn't write down, doesn't tell to eager audiences o ...more
Published by REUTS Publications, LLC (first published April 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts

Start your review of Ghosts (The Accidental Turn, #1.5)
Alexandra
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, 2017, favorites
Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

There has been a lot of bookish raving from my side about "The Untold Tale", the high fantasy meta-fiction novel by J. M. Frey. This is a book I would love to see very much turned into a TV series, just like "Throne of Glass" by Sarah J. Maas.
I have used it in the Feature & Follow Friday and sometimes I am having an Internet/Tumblr/Pinterest expedition just to find pieces of fanart.

"Ghosts" is the prequel novella which follows the du
Jolie
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I do not like to read short stories unless they are part of a series and if I have read the books in the series. Thankfully, I have read the first two books of The Accidental Turn series. So I had no issues following Ghosts storyline.

Ghosts are set in the kingdom of Hain which in turn is set in the book “The Tales of Kintyre Turn“. Told from Bevel’s first-person perspective, I learned that Bevel was in love with Kintyre. Kintyre only acknowledged his feelings for Bevel during the man
Rita
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it

Full review at Just Love

I am a big fan of The Accidental Turn series. If you haven’t read it but would like to know more, check out my review of the first two books here. When I finished reading The Forgotten Tale I wanted to know more of Kintyre and Bevel’s story so you can imagine my delight when I learned about these novellas.

Just as with The Untold Tale and The Forgotten Tale, Frey continues the story in the gorgeous world she has built. This is the stuff of epic fantasies bu
Kisa Whipkey
First, let me just say that I adore Frey’s work. Not only is it intelligent, inclusive, and well-written, it’s also a refreshingly solid addition to the fantasy genre and a heck of a lot of fun. It’s the perfect example of fantasy written for modern times, with all the charm and appeal of its predecessors, and none of the staleness. And as a long-time fan of the fantasy genre, that trait alone is highly appealing.

But I think the thing that truly sets Frey’s work apart is the depth of
Madelon
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is fitting, I suppose, to have saved this tale for reading last; to have picked it up immediately upon finishing the third book in The Accidental Turn Trilogy. I would highly recommend that others do as I have and save this tale of Kintyre Turn for last. Although the events occur before the first book, THE UNTOLD TALE, to read it in its chronology would truly spoil appreciation of a most unique book.

After reading the last book, THE SILENCED TALE, I had but one wish, well two actua
Adam Webling
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Have you ever liked someone who doesn’t like you back? Everyone has and it’s the worst. Especially if they’re the same gender as you.

Ghosts is a prequel novella to J. M. Frey’s The Untold Tale and delves into the secret feelings one of the book’s characters and I loved it. It was great giving him a voice and getting to know one of the books relationships from the inside on a deeper level. And the story weaves in some action to keep the fantasy world from the main book alive.
Chasia Lloyd
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Heart-wrenching prequel novella to The Untold Tale, our fictional world inside a book. Short, middle-aged Bev is our poetic narrator, pining desperately for the hero he's been following for 17 years. Good story that really captures hopelessness. Much better read if after The Untold Tale, not before.
Corrina
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
See my full review at wadingthroughbooks.wordpress.com!

J.M. sent me an ebook ARC of her upcoming novel, The Forgotten Tale, and I bought Ghosts to fill in the blanks between the first and second books in the series. It takes place during The Untold Tale, right before Kintyre and Bevel go to Turn Hall and meet Lucy Piper and Forsythe Turn, and it also connects with events that take place in The Forgotten Tale.

This time when I was talking to J.M. I told her that Ghosts made me sympath
Anna Tan
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I feel like I'm shortchanging this story by giving it only 3-stars. Yet at the same time, I wasn't terribly excited about it as I read it.

This is mostly because I read it out of sequence. It probably shouldn't matter since this prequel novella (stated as #0.5) was obviously only releasedafter #1 The Untold Tale (duh) and #2 The Forgotten Tale. BUTTTT I read it after reading #2.5 Arrivals which really was the culmination of everything that happens in Ghosts.

At any rate, it feels a little waffly overall. Because poor Bevel ireleased
Yuè
Dec 12, 2016
Jason Meyer
Aug 12, 2017
J.M. Frey
Feb 02, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: by-me
Jess Scott
Sep 05, 2018
Amanda
Oct 02, 2018
Frey is an author and professional smartypants, spent three years as the entertainment contributor on AMI Radio's Live From Studio 5 morning show, and was an occasional talking head in documentaries and on the SPACE Channel's premier chat show InnerSPACE. She holds a BA in Dramatic Literature and an MA in Communications Culture, and has lectured at the Pop Culture Association of America's Annual Conference (S ...more

The Accidental Turn (4 books)
  • The Untold Tale (The Accidental Turn, #1)
  • The Forgotten Tale (The Accidental Turn, #2)
  • The Silenced Tale (The Accidental Turn, #3)
  • The Accidental Collection (The Accidental Turn #4)