Start by marking “Armed and Devastating (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #2; The Precinct #8)” as Want to Read:

Armed and Devastating (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #2)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  233 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
She Was Just A Secretary...A Virgin No less - And He Was All Male With Sex Appeal To Burn!

When did plain, mousy personal assistant Brooke Hanford sprout miles of long, smooth, creamy legs? And more important, why did Detective Atticus Kincaid suddenly notice? Their relationship had always been the "good friend" variety. But now Brooke was in his thoughts and under his skin

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Intrigue #1073, 217 pages
Published July 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Armed and Devastating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Armed and Devastating

Mojca
With this story, Ms. Miller confirmed her status as one of my favorite romantic suspense authors out there. Though this is the second book in a four-book miniseries about the four Kincaid brothers searching for their father’s murderer, I didn’t get the feeling I should’ve read the first book as well (the gist of it was illustrated in this one).

The prologue (John Kincaid’s April funeral) hinted at things to come – mainly the decision for the four brothers to find their father’s murder and make hi
Suzy
Apr 29, 2014 rated it liked it
A little slower than her usual fare. Had to back track a few times because I lost track of what what happening. That said, Julie Miller at her worst is better than 75% of the authors on the market. This series is like paying a visit to old friends as characters from previous books wander in and out of subsequent books.
Mary Lee
Apr 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Julie Miller never disappoints, but with Armed and Devastating, she delivers even more. There's awesome romance, great suspense, a hero named Atticus and Aunts. I know that sounds weird, but these are the best Aunts ever.
LOVED the book. You should definitely read it!
Sherry
Feb 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
I have yet to read a Julie Miller book that wasn't a good read.
Erin
Apr 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: intrigue
Loved this read. It was a hot, sexy action thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat. I read this book in one sitting it was so good.
AG Reads
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reread
Paula Legate
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-suspence
This was a fast pass book that kept me turning each page. One sample of this book ( I called for backup, but if I go down before they get here, I want you to take my gun and shoot the son of a bitch. He really stunk at pep talks. But Brooke nodded her understanding and clung to the wood as Atticus removed his hand and turned toward the footsteps. His gun was drawn, his arm rock steady.) If you like a little bit of romance thrown into your action books, I think you will enjoy this book as much as ...more
Griz Girl
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have had the pleasure of reading ALL Julie Miller's KCPD books one right after the other--and they are awesome! She's a fantastic romantic suspense author. Her mysteries stay fresh book to book, and her characters are realistic.

Hunky heroes, smart heroines, a swoon-worthy romance all wrapped up in just the right amount of mystery and danger. What more could I ask for?
Karine
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2000-2009
Ya I know that there is a bit of a taboo about reading Mills & Boon novels, well there is here in Australia anyway. But I must say that was really was a good mystery novel, and there were some funny parts in it too. It wasn't until the very end of the book that I discovered who the mystery ‘boss’ was; that is if I think it is them at all.
Joanna
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really good, this all I have to say. I am not much for the Intrigue Series, but this one had me from the beginning. Atticus is pretty hot. Brooke is kinda too mousy for my taste, the whole damsel in distress thing gets old, but it works her for some reason.
Annie
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So far, I like how the author is advancing the mystery around John Kincaid's murder. And while this one was a bit predictable, I still enjoyed it very much. I always like it when the mousy girl gets the hunk.
Hannah  Ruth
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Was a great! I can't wait to see what happens next with "Holden" Is he gonna get the witness?
And Brooke is so cool, I am so much like her I totally felt like I was her while reading this book. I loved it!
charmaine White
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Each book just gets better and better.Julie Miller has out done herself.I'm going to get the rest of this series.
Chrissy
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another hit

What can I say? I loved this book, it had action and romance. Hot Cops, wow. Sparks fly, bullets flys. This is a must read. Get it today.
ScarlettOwl
Danielle
Mar 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
It was so boring... I was at 60% and I was still waiting for something to happen... I thought her other books in the series were a lot better
Dorothy
Aug 25, 2015
Lorena
Oct 09, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • GI Cowboy (Daddy Corps, #1)
  • Case File: Canyon Creek, Wyoming  (Cooper, #1)
  • Matchmaking with a Mission  (Whitehorse Montana, #5)
  • Scene of the Crime: Bachelor Moon
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • Bayou Bodyguard
  • The Missing Twin
  • Undercover Wife (Colby Agency, #9)
  • Engaged with the Boss (Situation: Christmas, #2)
  • Bodyguard/Husband
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)

USA TODAY bestselling author Julie Miller writes breathtaking romantic suspense. She has earned a National Readers Choice Award and two Daphne du Maurier Awards among many other prizes for both her series and single title books. She was also honored to receive the RT BookR
More about Julie Miller...

The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge (4 books)
  • Protective Instincts (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #1; The Precinct #7)
  • Private S.W.A.T. Takeover (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #3; The Precinct #9)
  • Kansas City Christmas (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #4; The Precinct #10)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)
  • Dancing in the Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Never Marry a Viscount (Scandal at the House of Russell, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Secrets (The Sinclairs #6)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Extreme Measures (Aegis Security, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)