Start by marking “The Savage Dawn (The Girl at Midnight, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Savage Dawn (The Girl at Midnight, #3)

The Savage Dawn

(The Girl at Midnight #3)

The war between light and dark has begun. The sides have been chosen and the battle lines drawn.

After awakening the firebird, Echo is now the only one with the power to face the darkness she unwittingly unleashed upon the world…right into the waiting hands of Tanith, the new Dragon Prince. Tanith has one goal in mind: destroy her enemies, raze their lands, and reign suprem
Published July 11th 2017 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about The Savage Dawn, please sign up.
Louise --Contains spoilers, ish, read at own risk.--

--Contains spoilers, ish, read at own risk.--

It's a semi-not good ending, and a semi-good ending. Something in between, I would say, but you can decide for yourself, what you think of the ending when you get there! The ending is a cliffhanger, I personally think. It all just ends like BAM.(less)
Manasvini
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lord of Shadows by Cassandra ClareKing's Cage by Victoria AveyardCarve the Mark by Veronica RothCaraval by Stephanie GarberFlame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
YA Novels of 2017
1,085 books — 8,355 voters
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. MaasA Conjuring of Light by V.E. SchwabKing's Cage by Victoria AveyardLord of Shadows by Cassandra ClareOur Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
2017 - Sequels
134 books — 440 voters

More lists with this book...

Hollis
Arg, my heart. What just happened. I was so set on giving this a four and then the ending happened, followed by the epilogue, and I'm just sitting here confused and stunned. Mostly confused.

He mended the holes in the world only to tear one open in her chest. <-- me, right now

This felt stronger than book two, though lacking in the simpler and almost effortless fun of book one (which, I mean, makes sense due to escalations and reveals), buuuuut.. I just don't know. Seriously. All the confuse.

Ashley Daviau
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the absolute perfect conclusion to what has become one of my new favourite series! I don’t see it around often and I think it’s a downright shame because it is truly such a fantastic series. The world building is stunning and the characters and their development throughout the series is just phenomenal! And I like that it doesn’t end up all sunshine and roses and that there is loss and sadness, it makes the story that much more beautiful and real.
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Be prepared for me to be the black sheep with this one. WHY? It went on for too bloody long. It felt like this story was one giant simile. I bet if you took them all out, as most of them were completely pointless, this story would be cut in half. This did not need to be nearly 500 pages.

FRTC.

----------------

Full review can be found here: https://agingerlyreview.wordpress.com...

I can now happily mark this series off of my TBR list. I feel proud of myself as this final book was pushing 500 pages.
Jaime Arkin
This was an amazing end to an incredible series that I can't help but want more of!! Thank you for sharing these characters and this story with us!!

Full review to come soon
Kim Dyer
Jul 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
Actual rating: 1.5 out of 5

My feelings towards this series have been mixed at best. While I quite enjoyed the first book, since then I have unfortunately found them to be a downward slid towards this. Yet I didn't hate everything about it. The book did have a couple of excellent and exciting scenes, the best by far being Echo, Dorian and Jasper's mission to rescue Caius. It also managed to do away with the two love triangles that popped up in The Shadow Hour, so at least there's that.

However, th
---
Looooove the title!
Yissel
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best book in the series. I'm sad the journey's over, and I'll miss these characters deeply, but my god what an amazing, beautifully written, fun and emotional journey it was.

From here on out, every time I walk by the 5th Avenue library, I'll think of Echo and Ivy and Caius and Dorian and Jasper... I'll slow my steps and feel for that tug. That lingering little bit of magic that Melissa has so easily (expertly) convinced me to wholeheartedly believe in.
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)
Nov 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cover-lust
LKAJDFH;GKAJDF;ASKDF LOOK. LOOK AT THAT COVER. It's so stunning an dark and I NEEEEED THIS BOOK ASAP. *grabby hands*
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
soooo they’re a literal star now? i see
Rachel Strolle
OH MY HEART
Candice
Oct 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
I find it hard to believe that the person who wrote The Girl At Midnight also wrote this. It's the same characters and the same story, but The Savage Dawn feels like a fanfiction with absolutely no editing. It goes on forever in parts you don't care about. In scenes where interesting things are finally happening there are large sections dedicated to boring introspection and unnecessary back story. I'm not sure if the editor Krista Marino (thanked in the acknowledgments) just gave up after The Sh ...more
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

The Savage Dawn, by author Melissa Grey, is the third and final installment in the author's The Girl at Midnight trilogy. As the story picks up, Echo is fearful for the safety of Caius who was taken by his sister Tanith. The same Tanith who dethroned him as Dragon Prince, and also allowed the dangerous darkness known as Kucedra to enter her body. Echo has been hearing about the fated Firebird prophecy from Ala, the Avicen who s
Alaina

THAT IS HOW YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING END THIS SERIES?!?!

You could've just stabbed me in the fucking heart instead.

My heart is broken. I don't like how this series ended. I will forever have trust issues.

OTHER THAN THE ENDING THAT BROKE ME, the rest of the book was amazing. So good. The one thing I would change about this book would be the fucking ending.
Andrea
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
I'm taking a star off for the ending. It's petty because this was awesome but I'm sad about it. So much happened in this book and I just want more of Echo and Caius forever. I love them so much. And of course Jasper and Dorian. THE SLOW BURN ALMOST KILLED ME! Definitely a great series and I'll be watching for Ms. Grey's other books from now on. I thought this book would drag since it was the last in the series and almost 500 pages at that, but it didn't. I enjoyed every twist, turn and new disco ...more
nick
Jul 11, 2017 marked it as abandoned-series

Super bummed but this is not the ending for me.
Patricia Mainard
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! I just love this series and absolutely loved this book!! If you haven't started this series yet, please do so!
Sophie
Cassie-la
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2017/08/05/...

The conclusion to Melissa Grey's The Girl at Midnight series has arrived, and I promise you, you are not emotionally ready. From the witty dialogue to the lyrical prose, the compelling characters and the superb world building, the final book in the trilogy is far and above my favorite. While it's hard to say goodbye to Echo and her superb squad, the bittersweet ending is a beautiful and fitting conclusion.
Vanessa
I have such strange feelings for this series and this book in particular. On one hand, it was engaging enough to finish in no time, but on the other hand dear lord this was a mess.

I actually almost wanted to give this three stars, just because something that happened in the end made me very happy (Probably table for one here), but dear lord this was a mess².

Simply put: This trilogy hasn't met one romantic trope that it didn't want to use straight. Now, I don't mind tropes at all. There are quite
Elizabeth "Liza"
Quite the Novel Idea https://quitethenovelidea.com https://quitethenovelidea.com/?p=13934*Sigh*  I debated back and forth on how to rate The Savage Dawn.  I really loved The Girl at Midnight  and even though its sequel was not perfect, I was still more than eager to read the last installment, especially after the excruciating cliffhanger.  I was not entirely happy with The Savage Dawn and thus I will try to keep this review short, to the point and spoiler free.

I loved that we get to see the who
Caitlyn
I was COUGH, COUGH spoiled by a review that didn't utilize the spoiler tag, AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I WANT TO FINISH THIS NOW. (view spoiler)
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the publisher for being a part of the blog tour team for an honest review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

The Savage Dawn brings a conclusion to the world Melissa Grey created two years ago. Having read the first two installments of this trilogy as ARCs made it a tad difficult to dive into this one a bit later. As usual I struggled to get my memory caught up with what had happened and what needed to happen. But soon I was hooked into the story as Echo and h
Kat
BOOKS. WITH. ENDINGS. LIKE. THIS. ARE. WHY. I. HAVE. TRUST. ISSUES.

Like, okay, be forewarned because I really don't want to spoil the series for anyone reading, so everything after this paragraph I'm going to mark as a spoiler because I am about to RAGE. Non-spoilery things: The book was exciting and romantic and if you've liked the characters up til now, you'll like them in this one too. I think there was a little lack of development for everyone except Dorian, but this book is really much more
Kathleen
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2,5* Dit had goed kunnen zijn maar helaas was dat niet het geval. Veel was een herhaling van boek 2 en het einde was verwarrend omdat een aantal verhaallijnen niet worden afgewerkt en omdat er nog heel wat vragen zijn. Het voelt alsof de reeks niet af is...
Jamie Coudeville
I was a bit underwhelmed by this book. I really struggled to connect with the characters and the story. Maybe I'm just trying to compare it too much to other books of the same genre. I don't know. I did like this world, I was just missing something.
Belkis
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Yeah, I'm glad this series is done but this last book was sadly quite disappointing. Way too long. So much of it just dragged and dragged. Sometimes I felt like it looped in senseless circles. I don't know. I'm rather frustrated over the ending. I'm quite gutted :(
Eden Grey
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I DON'T HAVE THE WORDS RIGHT NOW
Pratyu
Jul 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
The Savage Dawn is the conclusion to The Girl at Midnight trilogy, and I was pretty uncertain about reading it after getting my hands on The Shadow Hour, which I found to be a weak story. Apparently I was so disappointed that I never wrote a blog post about it. Oh well. I'm not going back to reread it. By the way: major spoilers ahead, like always. Do not read any of this if you don't want spoilers.

So. This book was incredibly disappointing.

First of all, the story was so. So. Long. The book is 4
  • Avenged (Ruined, #2)
  • Seeker (Riders, #2)
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
  • Untitled (The Bone Season, #7)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • Untitled (Gates of Thread and Stone, #3)
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Endless Water, Starless Sky (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #2)
  • Freedom's Slave (Dark Caravan Cycle, #3)
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • Wicked Like a Wildfire (Hibiscus Daughter, #1)
  • Reign the Earth (The Elementae, #1)
  • League of American Traitors
  • Empress of a Thousand Skies (Empress of a Thousand Skies, #1)
Melissa Grey penned her first short story at the age of twelve and hasn't stopped writing since. As an undergrad at Yale, she learned how ride a horse and shoot a bow and arrow at the same time. She also has a Masters in Art History but that's a much less useful skill.

She is the author of The Girl at Midnight, The Shadow Hour, and the Savage Dawn, out now from Random House.

To learn more about Me

The Girl at Midnight (3 books)
  • The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1)
  • The Shadow Hour (The Girl at Midnight, #2)
“Kindness wasn’t a passive quality. It was a choice one had to make, and right then, Ivy didn’t feel much like making it.” 5 likes
“Hi, I’m the firebird, you may know me from folklore of various cultures all over the globe. And these are my friends, members of magical species you had no idea existed until twenty-seven seconds ago. We teleported here to fight evil! The” 2 likes