Start by marking “Beyond the Surf” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Surf

Beyond the Surf

A young woman's dream.
A mercenary tycoon seizing the opportunity.
Islands ripe with potential.
.... All in the throes of coming of age through political unrest .......

Kayte King lives to kitesurf. Financially broke in her windless hometown, Kayte's spirits sink to all new levels. When an all-expenses paid invite to The Martinez Islands presents itself, to promote tourism
Published March 11th 2016 by Henry Neild

Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Beyond the Surf is a YA novel and even though it can be enjoyed by adults also, I do think it will appeal to the YA market more.

The authors description of The Martinez Islands really brings the island to life. I could easily visualise Kayte and the others kite surfing and feeling the wind as well as hearing the waves crashing. To start with it certainly sounded like a great holiday destination.

It isn’t long though after Kayte arrives that alarm bells started to ring. As fabulous as the island co
Elke Dipper
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spell binding read

Enjoyed reading Beyond the Surf and once started had to finish it. The author took me to the island and had me there with the characters until the very end. Would recommend as great story telling
Alison
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
The cover of this book intrigued me as well as the fact that I am not at all sporty now that I am sick, so I thought it would be a grand adventure from an armchair.

Kayte is obsessed with kite surfing, she is disillusioned and broke but then gets offered the chance to compete in the delightful Martinez islands for mega bucks and the chance to maintain the coveted world record so of course she leaps at the opportunity.

So she jets off with boyfriend Steve determined to increase interest in her spor
Tracy Shephard
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kayte King and her boyfriend Steve are on a plane journey that will take them to the sun, sea and kitesurfing, and also the chance of winning 15,000 dollars. Kayte is happy at last to be receiving good news, her boyfriend Steve had an accident and now cannot enjoy the sport, so he his feeling rather miserable.

Off to paradise as the current female champion, she has been invited to the Martinez Islands to help promote the sport for the tourism industry. So with two tickets and an all expenses pai
Lilly Charysma
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I start by saying that this is my first book by Hwneild and that overall I am not sorry to have given it a try. The story evolves on multiple levels, so at some point I lost track of the main idea. Was it the strong urge to be better (in our case Katye's wish to break her record at kite surfing)? Or mainly how an ex-mercenary tries to settle in a beautiful island and live a quite life? Also Katye's romantic life is in discussion...

I believe the author tried to capture a lot of elements, better
Rochelle
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have
4.5*
I received a copy from the author for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion in any way.

Read my full review here: http://www.chocomeiske.com/2016/07/18...
Beyond The Surf is a perfect summer read. It will most definitely bring the sun, the sand and the smells of the open ocean right to you so that you can feel the warmth fo the ocean and feel the kiss of an ocean breeze. Island girl that I am, the author’s apt descriptions made me more than a little bit homesick. It also gives homa
Lourdes
Aug 04, 2016 rated it liked it
3.75/5 overall good story! Had an interesting plot line, cool characters, and good writing! Glad I picked it up! Solid read! Full review up on my blog!
V S Grayson
rated it did not like it
Jul 22, 2017
Sep 13, 2017
Erica Hiser
Sep 13, 2017
1 follower
Author, Henry Neild was brought up in several war-torn famine-struck countries. As an adult, he has lived and worked in countries as diverse as America, Malawi, Switzerland and Lebanon, and currently lives in South West France. He travels with his Patterdale terrier, Mister Bonaparte, and has two children, Shea, aged 25, and Isabella, aged 12.

Having turned his back on formal education at 16, Henry