Start by marking “Behave: What to Do When Your Child Won't” as Want to Read:
Behave: What to Do When Your Child Won't

Behave: What to Do When Your Child Won't

Review: 'A book with clear signposts and helpful, practical tools to guide parents in a non-judgemental, positive way. Through a combination of "real-life" stories and easy-to-follow techniques, Val Mullally's book tackles parenting challenges by enabling the reader to look at the wider dynamics of each situation. She encourages parents to perceive "bad behaviour" as an op ...more
Published November 3rd 2015 by Koemba

To ask other readers questions about Behave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behave

Staci Peron
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some very wise advice that will help both parents and kids. As a child psychologist, I will recommend this to many of the parents I see.
Frank Becker
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The main goal of the book is to improve ones parenting skills by connecting better with your child. It focuses on the parents reaction (response) to the childs behaviour and explains steps from both the childs and the parents view. The "steps" (if you can call em that) get acronyms to make them more memorable and are described with little stories and exaples.
The book is well structured, the chapters build on each other and it reads well. Good for parents is that it is short (only slightly more t
Nita
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of the best and good book i've had here in good reads. First, I am really so thankful to be one of the winners of this book, to get a chance to read it. Thank you! Second, I'm not a mother yet, nor even have kids, I'm 101% single, living with my parent to be exact, though i have 2 nieces and 2 nephews, this book really helped me to understand how to deal with youngters, who mostly hard to to discipline nowadays. This book explained and showed how easy to teach them to be good, and to ...more
Lisa Lewis
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is a helpful, well written, concise wealth of information. The advice is based on years of the author's experience and research.

As an American pediatrician who enjoys studying cross-cultural parenting, I note some cultural examples that are British / Irish in origin. (I won't state them here and spoil your analysis!) Delightfully easy to read and gives parents hope to solve the problem of perceived misbehaving.
Christine Wright
Read this book slowly! There is so much to absorb. It is not simply about "good" behaviour,though there is much excellent advice for those trying to do the most difficult jobs there is - being a parent. And the advice is realistic. Val Mullally knows how tricky raising children is. However, "Behave" is based on respect for children and their needs; not about slick ways of controlling them. The goal is a harmonious family where parents help their children grow into capable and confident people.
Priyanka
I have read a couple of books and articles under the "Parenting' category and most of them speak the same. This book has some simple and effective ideas. Only once I bring them into practice will I know if they work or not.
Alan
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a recent Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

This book made interesting reading and one that I feel may help my daughter cope better with her young children. Recommended.
Yvonne beacom
Nov 01, 2017
Bismillah
Feb 24, 2016
Liz Horne
rated it did not like it
Sep 01, 2017
Rebekah A Kaplan
Feb 25, 2018
Maeve Murray
Val Mullally
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting, self-help
Stella Clarkson
Kimberly Camille Tiu
Lydia
Mar 06, 2016
Val Mullally is founder of Koemba Parenting. She is a Relationship Coach, Keynote Speaker, Parenting Author and Workshop Facilitator (offering face-to-face and online courses) .
Her passion is supporting parents and professionals to help families to:
think more clearly
connect more compassionately
behave more response-ably
and live more joyfully.
She is an experienced teacher, principal and trainer. S