Jump to ratings and reviews
Wynter Greene has finally hit her groove. She’s back at work in the Muse department and doing a fantastic job. Her newly reunited family gives her a sense of belonging and self-confidence she’s never had before. And she hasn’t annihilated any romantic relationships in quite a while—mostly because she’s avoided them.

But if mythology teaches anything, it’s not to get cocky when the gods are listening.

Wynter’s clients have been taken away, replaced by a morose artist with an ominous deadline. And her grandmother’s crush on a mortal puts the goddess’s powers on the fritz, which places Phyllis the philodendron in danger. While Wynter’s busy trying to help everyone else, her own fear of heartbreak could destroy her chance at true love forever.

The Fates seem to be trying to tell her something. But is love really the answer to everything?

ebook

First published May 19, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

R.L. Naquin

32 books279 followers
Rachel is the author of the urban fantasy Monster Haven series from Carina Press. She believes in magic, the power of love, good cheese, lucky socks, and putting things off until stress gets them done faster at the last minute. Her home is Disneyland, despite her current location in Kansas.
Be among the special peeps who get all the R.L. Naquin updates first by signing up for the official newsletter here: http://rlnaquin.us6.list-manage.com/s...

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 17 of 17 reviews
Profile Image for Ami.
5,814 reviews499 followers
August 7, 2017
My biggest problem with this series is, unfortunately, Wynter herself. In my reviews for previous two books, I complained about Wynter's attitude... how she seemed to be so disenchanted about her work (or relationship). I thought she was better in book 2, Unamused Muse... unfortunately in here I thought she was back to sort of uninspiring muse (hah, I guess that's what the title means?!?).

I mean sure, Wynter is suddenly being tasked to ONE person and must give her other tasks to other Muses, but it's like she doesn't even try to research Gordon's life?? It's SO OBVIOUS that Gordon's depression has to do with grief. Even I, as a reader, know that! It was frustrating for me to read. Not to mention how Wyn avoid Mark after they share a kiss.

The only salvation for me is the part with Wynter and Phyllis. I thought that had more heart. So while I loved what Wyn did for Gordon in the end, I had trouble with her almost 3/4th of the book.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Gawelleb.
592 reviews22 followers
September 13, 2018
4,5 j’ai beaucoup beaucoup aimé mais je pense que cela aurait pu être encore mieux, même si cela se termine mieux que je ne le pensais.
On dit au revoir à Wynter ... une série qui se finit ..
Profile Image for Pandora Black.
260 reviews28 followers
September 13, 2018
Une série très chouette, avec une héroïne qui évolue au fil des tomes, et un univers dans lequel on a envie de rester plus longtemps, plein de petites trouvailles. C'est fun et agréable, positif mais sans niaiserie, et ça fait du bien. J'aime définitivement beaucoup ce qui se mijote dans le cerveau de R.L. Naquin :)
Profile Image for Nicole Luiken.
Author 20 books157 followers
August 17, 2017
Happy to return to this series, which was on hiatus last year. This book gives a satisfying end to Wynter Greene's story, but the author has hinted that she has plenty more stories in the Mt. Olympus Employment Agency to tell.

If you like humour, talking plants, trips to the Underworld and bubble wands of artistic inspiration, give this series a try!
Profile Image for Christine.
116 reviews1 follower
August 15, 2017
Worth the Wait

This third and final sequel was well worth waiting for. I was hooked by the first book, kept entertained by the second and couldn't put down the third. The twist in the end ties up the several storylines artfully with surprise. If you were brought up reading Greek mythology like I was, this series is just the one for you.
Profile Image for Relina Skye.
Author 10 books45 followers
June 8, 2017
"Uninspired Muse" is the third book in the "Mt. Olympus Employment Agency" Series by R.L. Naquin. The good news is that Wynter Greene's progress as a muse is coming along nicely. She has five clients that she enjoys working with and has adjusted many aspects of her life that were sadly neglected before the start of the first novel. The bad news is that while she served on jury duty in the Underworld, the state of her love life and how she's consistently sabotaged it is brought to her attention when one of her ex-boyfriends shows up in court. If that wasn't bad enough, she has to deal with several more negative experiences that add more to her plate.
Overall, I really enjoyed reading this series. I'm saddened to find out that this is the last Wynter Greene novel. But at least Ms. Naquin has reassured her readers that Wynter will show up in other Mt. Olympus related pieces.
So, if you are the type of person who enjoys reading a book series that has a mythological twist to it, but take place during the present, then you will love this series.
R.L. Naquin is an excellent author who writes well developed plot lines and interesting characters. I highly recommend reading this series and all of Ms. Naquin's other novels and novellas.
Profile Image for Kevin Robinson.
Author 42 books4 followers
June 29, 2017
Musings on an Amusing Muse

Okay, I admit that I cheated a little. I blasted joyfully through Book 2 without writing a review. I loved it every bit as much as the 1st book (which I did review), but I just couldn't stop. Wynter, the muse in question, made me laugh out loud, page after page. So,I just kept reading. Thoroughly enjoying a great book/series is like that. But the Uninspired Muse took the whole experience up a notch. This novel was just as witty, but it was deeper and richer too. It had real heart, and darned if I wasn't sitting on my back deck weeping joyfully through the closing chapters. This series is a must-read, hands down and heart-happy.
Profile Image for Pernille Olsen.
132 reviews
July 28, 2017
I would have really liked it, if it wasn't for the discrepancies in relation to the former books. Some of the earlier described rules for muses, seemed to have been forgotten in the meenwhile, and it vexed me a bit. I mean one of the things Wynter got sendt to the underworld for, was taking home her equipment, and in this book she just did it all the time, no consequenses. That doesn't make sence. And in book two it was stated, that the bubles only work with to gold wand from the muse department, but Wynter uses her toy-ones repeatedly, and it worked!!. Maybe there just wasn't enough editing...
230 reviews
September 2, 2017
Recommend this series

I'm a fan- from the Monster Haven series to the My Olympus series, I enjoy reading Naquin's stories. This is a light and enjoyable read. The heroine is pretty clueless when it comes to her own life and that can get a little frustrating. But, I like the world building and will be back for more
Profile Image for Kat Klein.
856 reviews28 followers
June 7, 2018
Wynter is back at her job as a Muse, and believes she's found her calling. Then Fate decides to interfere again. When her clients are all taken away, and she's left with one problem client.... and life is falling apart almost faster than she can hold it together Wynter will need all the confidence she's gained, and all the friends she's made to put things back on track
Profile Image for Angie Hackett.
953 reviews4 followers
May 24, 2017
I love this book, I love the previous books too and it was nice seeing what happens with our beloved heroine. It was well written and the plot was solid. The only thing i found was that the name of a character changed towards the end but otherwise all was really good with this book.
Profile Image for Elentarri.
1,497 reviews11 followers
June 20, 2017
This is a lovely, light-hearted, fun and enjoyable urban fantasy novel that closes out the story of the muse Wynter Greene. The Mt. Olympus Employment Agency world building is original and adds a nice twist to the old Greek mythological figures.
Profile Image for Charmed.
7 reviews
July 12, 2017
Loved it felt sorry for the manager wished she had a happy ending also Phyllis slept with Hades was priceless
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
718 reviews6 followers
May 25, 2017
Great!

I confess. R.L. Naquin is my favorite author. I've read every single word that she's published. Apparently, her brand of whimsy absolutely fits that spot in my imagination that fires up a smile and a song in my heart. I can't tell you how gratified I was to find a new book even though it was the "end" of Wynter's story. It is a great ending, when the warp and weft woven by the Fates suddenly reveals itself to be a whole cloth of great beauty, surprising here in our "light fiction" universe. Thank you, Rachel! And for heaven's sake, get busy writing my next fix!
Profile Image for seasalt.
982 reviews1 follower
December 2, 2018
I disappointed with how the way the book ended, the author left tons of unanswered questions hanging in the air.
Displaying 1 - 17 of 17 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.