Start by marking “Thin Lies (Donati Bloodlines, #1)” as Want to Read:
Thin Lies (Donati Bloodlines, #1)

Thin Lies

(Donati Bloodlines #1)

Calisto Donati

She was just a woman. That’s what Calisto wanted to tell himself; that’s what he wanted to believe. Emma was nothing more than a woman. There were other women for him to want. To obsess over.
It couldn’t be Emma Sorrento.
Not for Calisto.
She was taken.
She was claimed.
She was not his.
In a few days, Calisto would hand her off, and that would be that. He wondered
Published May 2nd 2016 by Bethany-Kris

To ask other readers questions about Thin Lies, please sign up.
Bethany-Kris Yep. Thin Lies, Thin Lines, Thin Lives. The series follows the same couple to their HEA.

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
3-3.5 Stars

I didn't realized when I one-clicked this bad boy that it was by the same author as THIS book, which I didn't necessarily love.

That said, once I got going on this one, I definitely got into it. It drew me in and had a little more excitement for me than Lucian (Filthy Marcellos #1). In fact, I have already started book two.

I have to know how she plans on getting her characters out of the mess they are in, after all...

Find me at:

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

"He saved her, just to give her away."

description

Well, well, well, this was a good read that is currently on Kindle Unlimited as is the next book of the series. So forgive me as I keep this review short because I’m itching to jump into the next book.

description

Twenty year old Emma Sorrento is a Vegas mafia princess whose family has arranged her marriage to a man thirty years her senior in New York. It’s her duty to her family and though she can’t stand the idea she also blames herself for thinking this d
Bethany-Kris
Feb 02, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Thin Lies is 99cents for the first time on Amazon US for a limited time!

The secrets within the bloodlines of this famiglia are deadly.

Grab the first book in this mafia romance trilogy!

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E04RY2S

Donati Bloodlines
A Trilogy
Thin Lies - Thin Lines - Thin Lives
Emma Sorrento & Calisto Donati

description

They're not star-crossed. They're impossible.

***
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4.5 Duty and Respect Stars
 photo image_zpsj7f8wfoz.jpeg

I discovered this author with the Filthy Marcellos. She has a special touch in writing about mafia families. So when I had the opportunity to read Thin Lies, I jumped on it.

Emma Sorrento is 20, beautiful, feisty, and the niece of a Mob Boss in Las Vegas. She has been promised to a man 30 yrs older than her, a Mob Boss in NY. Affonso Donati needs a wife, he needs a son and marrying Emma is just business. Life in the mafia is all about duty. It doesn't matter that Emma
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 STARS

“DUTY was the first word a mafioso principessa learned growing up. Be good to the family. Bring them no shame. Smile for the crowd. And when the time comes, do your duty.”

What an amazing ride! This story grabbed my attention from the very first page and I couldn't put it down! The story was so interesting and the characters fantastic that I felt like I was a part of the story! Whatever they felt I felt it too. Thin Lies is about betrayal, lies, secrets and suspense. What I loved more
Radmila
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
4,25 stars!
Cristina
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mafia-men
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
*A 4.7 Not a saint Nutella jars*

This was more then an alliance, bruises turned black and blue, Family was everything especially cruel. It was wrong in many ways but empires were meant to crumble when greed was in the way. Born and bred the mafia ruled but how long would these secrets keep before lies became the truth.

Emma Sorrento at age 20 was spoiled rotten with everything provided to her except for a loving home the only thing she craved couldn't be bought. As the only Principessa to the D
Selene

Yes, I enjoyed this book!

photo IMG_3541_zpsw4bbuu5s.gif

There's nothing like forbidden romance and pending messy drama to put me in a splendid mood! On to book two! I hope Father Day will reprise his role in the rest of this series. That man is a refuge for ALL sorts of juicy secrets!
Snow
DEFINITELY 5 FUCKIN BRILLIANT STARS

This will most certainly mark the beginning of a fantastic mafia saga

But Bethany, just simply, stunning wow from me...you bought me...from the first page...

Calisto Donati and Emma Sorrento could easily pose as the new Romeo and Juliet of the mafia world…

Emma Sorrento was the mafia principessa, a 20 year old spoiled with wealth and gifts, she enjoyed the life, the pampered, carefree lifestyle were she was cherished and adored by all BUT actually she was bred an
Bev
Will review all three books in series once I'm done. That said, I think this has a very different feel to BK's other mafia books, it's a lot slower and I'm not sure their story needed to be drawn out over three books? I'm reserving judgement till I'm done.

4(ish) stars
Dusti Hanrahan
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell how do I forget how much I love mafia stories?!! There is something about these forbidden men that keeps me all tingly!
description

B-K did not disappoint..Just like with her other Cosa Nostra series, she has given insight to a secret world filled w extreme rules, violence, sacrifice and -of course- sex.

Emma-In the beginning I was worried she would be a typical rich, spoiled, whiny brat but she opened her eyes early on and recognized that she had been showered with a lavish life only to prime her f
S.M. West
5 Calisto STARS

Holy Hell that went by way too fast!!! If you want a Mafia love story, Bethany-Kris is THE author to go to. Wow, I didn't know this was coming out so imagine my surprise!

This new series is about the Donati family, a smaller outfit in New York . Emma Sorrento is young, beautiful and the niece of a mob boss. We got a peek at the Sorrento's based out of Las Vagas in Kim and Gio's story, Giovanni. Emma has no life. She has no choice. And she certainly has no freedom. She's set to mar
Elfina Renee
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
 photo Thin Lies 25.gif
Secrets, lies and betrayal is what you’ll find in this five star read. Reigning mafia writer Bethany-Kris commands attention in this action packed, adrenaline inducing Donati Bloodlines series. You'll have to peel back the thick layers of deceit to get to the juicy heart of the drama.
 photo Thin Lies 13.jpg
Calisto Donati job was relatively simple, babysit his Don’s fiancee. When the time was right, hand her off in New York. No muss, no fuss! You’d think that would be simple right?
 photo Thin Lies 05.jpg
Emma Sorrento knew how to fake it u
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 'Off-limits' Stars *****

description

Emma Sorrento is a princess in Las Vegas. Her parents have been buying her the best to keep her quiet, but a penthouse won't give her the affection she craves. Her world flips upside down when she's told to follow her duties and marry someone that will benefit la famiglia. This man is 30 years older than her, and he's also the Don of a mafia family in New York.

Calisto Donati is the nephew of that Don. He's dark, dangerous, and mysterious. There is no one in the
Shanny
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing

“Masks were meant to be worn. His was like stone.”

As usual Bethany never disappoints me. For me she is the go to author in the mafia genre!!
Thin Lies was the fastest book I have read of Miss Kris. I was sucked in the story after a few pages. yes it was that good!
This series will focus on Calisto and Emmy, two people who are attracted to each other but can't be together.
Emmy is a pampered mafia daughter who is promised to marry a cruel and older man Affonso. And Calisto is the nephew of this cr
Amanda
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first book of The Donati Bloodlines was off to a good start. I'm always game for a series that will focus on the same couple because I enjoy to be torture with the slow burn romance and the cliffhanger.

Emma Sorrento, 20, is the LA mafia princess that is soon to be married off to a man thirty years her senior, Affonso Donati, the current boss of New York. She only has a month left before her life now as she knows it is gonna be over.

Calisto Donati, 27, consigliere to his uncle, Affonso, was
MelaDWolf
Mar 10, 2016 marked it as to-read
If they are mafios from pen of Bethany-Kris, than it is must-read :)))
Paige
4 "Just the Beginning" Stars

I fell in love with Bethany-Kris and her Mafia heroes in The Chicago War series so when I saw that she was writing a Mafia trilogy, I was all over that. While this series is definitely different than the previous, it has everything I love about her writing: smoldering sexual tension, page flipping suspense and out-of-nowhere twists.

Emma Sorrento is a Mafia princess. She's been raised in the lap of luxury never really paying attention to anything happening around her
Ari Reavis
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So much happened in this book that I definitely didn't see coming. Emma was a spoiled princess, but then she realized what all the clothes and jewelry really cost her: an arranged marriage to a 49 yr old Don from New York. He was a creep and I was dreading her marriage to him. But his nephew, Calisto, on the other hand.... I couldn't wait until they got together. I'm interested to learn more about Cal's history, especially concerning his father's death. Emma's got a lot of fight in her, but I re ...more
Coco.V
Jul 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (7/23/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Calisto Donati

It couldn’t be Emma Sorrento.
Not for Calisto.
She was taken.
She was claimed.
She was not his.
In a few days, Calisto would hand her off, and that would be that. He wondered why it wouldn’t be that easy to let her go.
What good had saving her
Julia
IT'S LIVE

Ebook:Amazon

5 - not all women want to be queens -stars

What happens to the Princess when she realizes that her throne is made of glass? When everything she enjoyed and took for granted is being used against her?
What happens to the Prince (who never wanted to be one) when he learns that his choice was just a bunch of lies?

They happen and their story does.

Donati Bloodlines is a trilogy following the story of Emma Sorrento and Callisto Donati. Thin Lies is the first book in this series.
Yomi M.
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rating Clarification: 4.5 stars

I need the next book like ASAP!! It was so good, it had everything you could want in a mafia book.
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author in exchange for review*

This is now the second series I’ve read from Bethany-Kris, and let me tell you, she likes to put her H&h’s thru the wringer! I don’t think she likes the word easy:D

In this mafia world that Bethany-Kris has created, there are a lot of variables to think about, as it is, that plays into how the H&h’s relationship plays out. We’re talking a world of crime and tradition and a separate set of rules after all. But if that’s not enough, she likes
Roisin
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

How could you leave it like that Bethany????!!!! I am BEYOND heartbroken right now.

description

I think it's safe to say she's done it again. Bethany-Kris has invaded my life armed with a new mafia series and left my heart in tatters. *Sighs

description

I'm in love with both Cal and Emmy - what amazing characters!!! Their sexual tension is freakin' palpable! I was legit like: description
throughout the entire book.

Don't want to say much more because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. All I'm gon
London Miller
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's not just a book. It reminds you what it feels like to be alive. -London Miller

Bethany-Kris is still Queen.

But let me tell you about this book though...

You have Cal who is equal parts sexy as he is rude (especially since he's like the right hand for his Uncle Affonso)

Then there's Emma. And seriously, I loved her. Like the minute she learned what was happening behind the scenes, she didn't just roll over and take it. I love a heroine that can stand up for herself.

And the rebelliousness! (I
Tzelina
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just marvelous!! Loved it!!
Monique V
Apr 09, 2016 rated it liked it
I am not sure about my feelings for this book. I simply cannot put my finger on the reason why but I did not like this book. I don't know why I didn't like it though!! I guess it just wasn't for me.
Tanaka K
Wow.

Thin Lies was amazing. Wow. Bloody fantastic.

I have been reading quite a lot of mafia romance books. Some mafia romance books make a true impact on me as a reader. Sone mafia books have a storyline that lives a riveting and explosive plot that is both enchanting and addictive. Thin Lies was that to me. Thin Lies is my first book written by Bethany Kris abd what a mind blowing debut it was for me. Thin Lies was just fantastic and I am excited to be introduced to her writing and her books.

Emma
Denise
5 Impossible Stars

First off, let me say how much I keep enjoying Ms. Kris’ books. I love that she keeps it original. Her stories do not blend into the same plotline, characters, or romance you expect to read about after reading her series.

“Thin Lies” was new and refreshing. And I loved every minute of it while immersing myself.

Emma “Emmy” Sorrento is thrown into a situation she does not want to be in. She despises being forced to fulfill a duty for her family and to la famiglia, while her opinio
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Isolated (Evan Arden, #4)
  • Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • Ripple Effect:  Episode 3 (Ripple Effect, #3)
  • Redeeming Rhys
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • L'uragano di un batter d'ali
  • The Devil's Masquerade: The Poison (The Devil's Eyes, #4)
  • I Love You, Salvatore (The Five Families, #1)
  • Bad Blood (Royal Blood #2)
  • Unbuttoning the CEO (The Suits Undone #1)
  • Neverland
  • Salvation and Secrets (Chastity Falls #2)
  • Giving It Up (Brewhouse, #1)
  • Calm & Storm (The Night Horde SoCal, #6)
  • Shining Star (Beautiful Chaos #3)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

Donati Bloodlines (3 books)
  • Thin Lines (Donati Bloodlines, #2)
  • Thin Lives (Donati Bloodlines, #3)