Start by marking “Saga, Vol. 6” as Want to Read:
Saga, Vol. 6

Saga, Vol. 6

(Saga (Collected Editions) #6)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  35,517 ratings  ·  3,084 reviews
After a dramatic time jump, the three-time Eisner Award winner for Best Continuing Series continues to evolve, as Hazel begins the most exciting adventure of her life: kindergarten. Meanwhile, her starcrossed family learns hard lessons of their own.

Collecting: Saga 31-36
Paperback, Trade, 152 pages
Published July 5th 2016 by Image Comics (first published June 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Saga, Vol. 6, please sign up.
Bram Ryckaert Vaughan has said that he definitely wants to make this longer than his other series. Seeing as this is Hazel's story, I'd say the series is just…moreVaughan has said that he definitely wants to make this longer than his other series. Seeing as this is Hazel's story, I'd say the series is just getting started, since she's still a kid.

"I do indeed have an ending in mind for SAGA, but ideally, it won't be until the distant future. If there are enough of you out there to support our ongoing journey, I hope this be the most epic story I've ever written, longer than Y and Ex Machina combined."

20 ish volumes confirmed :p (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Richelle If you buy through Amazon or have an amazon Prime account you can read comics and graphic novels fairly easily through the comiXology app. Also, check…moreIf you buy through Amazon or have an amazon Prime account you can read comics and graphic novels fairly easily through the comiXology app. Also, check if your local library offers it in digital, some do for comics. (less)

·  35,517 ratings  ·  3,084 reviews

Start your review of Saga, Vol. 6
Patrick
It's rare that a comic (or a story in any medium, really) can skip forward in time while maintaining narrative tension. But this volume of Saga does it. It breaks this rule as it breaks so many others, and it comes out on the other side, shining and smelling like a rose.

Seriously. This comic is like a master's class in how to write compelling, long-term, emotional character arcs. Vaughan is probably the best comic writer in the business these days. There's nothing he produces that do
Federico DN
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
"Anyone who thinks one book has all the answers hasn't read enough books."

A few years have gone by. Hazel is confined to a Landfall re-education center. Marko and Alana desperately trying to find her exact location and get her back. Her true nature remains hidden, but the secret is out, and luck only lasts for so long...

I guess it was good, overall, some very decent moments, some very memorable quotes. Hazel's openness and brutal innocence is the cutest thing ever, and I
Anne
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh. My. God.
The Will got fat! Bahahahahahahaha!

description

Even with the whole We Gotta Find/Rescue Our Kid storyline, the thing that made the biggest impression on me was The Will's drug-induced weight gain. And really, kids, that's what you need to take away from volume 6 of Saga.
Not all drugs make you skinny.
Yup. Today's free life lesson is this: choose your drugs wisely, or you coul
karen
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
congratulations! semifinalist in goodreads' best graphic novels & comics category 2016!

photo IMG_4733_zpsgfp0fxef.jpg

let's catch up - what's this series about again?

photo IMG_4732_zpspeszzppz.jpg

oh, right!

despite how adorable i continue to find hazel (and fo
April (Aprilius Maximus)
7.) Saga Volume 7 ★★★★★
8.) Saga Volume 8 ★★★★.5
9.) Saga Volume 9 ★★★★★

-----------------------------------------------

“Anyone who thinks one book has all the answers hasn’t read enough books.”

“I mean, I know diversity is an overused word these days, but without it, what would
Nat
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
description
This review contains *spoilers*.

I love these graphic novels, so it definitely took a lot of patience waiting for all the issues in this volume to come out. (But it was worth it!!)

I seriously missed these characters so damn much. My love for this series grows with each issue. And I’m completely in love with the love Alana and Marko have for one another and their family.

description

In volume 6 the search for Hazel continues throughout heart-stopping moments. I felt deeply fo
Sean Gibson
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’ve generally enjoyed Saga from the outset, but reading the past few volumes has made me feel a little bit like a first-time guest at a clown orgy: a little bit intrigued, very perplexed as to how such acts can be carried out by so many people in a very small car, a little bit horrified, and just generally bewildered (and, perhaps, the slightest bit aroused). I’m happy to report that Vol. 6 is a welcome return to form, and I’m no longer contemplating anything that involves the words “Bozo” and ...more
Matthew
Ah, Saga, you continue to be intriguing and wildly weird. Lessons about family. Lessons about race. Lessons about loss and letting go. All of this packaged in a bizzaro universe of strange creatures, cool spaceships, fascinating characters! (Yup, I just used ALL the adjectives!)

I have given this disclaimer before, but this series is a bit extreme with sex and violence. It's not up to me to dec
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
"...hope the next one's ending isn't too brutal."

Ha.
Hahahahahhahahha.

description

I'm calling it now guys, the day I find myself six feet under, these will be the words you see baring my tombstone:

FELL OFF CLIFF.

Because I'm convinced that's what these books are all set out to do to me, I'm sure of it.

...Not that I'm complaining. (Nah, I'm just silently dying in agony on the inside.) Let the wait begin!
Melanie
Vol. 1 ★★★★
Vol. 2 ★★★★
Vol. 3 ★★★★★
Vol. 4 ★★★★
Vol. 5 ★★★★★

“...anyone who thinks one book has all the answers hasn't read enough books.”

For those who have yet to experience the phenomenon that is Saga, the basic premise is that two star-crossed lov★★★★★
Megan Johnson
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
The good news is that this is the last volume that is currently out right now so you don't have to see my reviews for this serious pop up all the time anymore. The bad news (to me) is that this is the last volume that is currently out right now so there's no more for me to enjoy + review.

It's bittersweet, really.

Anyways.

This latest volume was everything that I had hoped it would be and like many other fans I can't wait to see where the story goes from here. If there's one thing that Mr. Vaugh
Lola
I thought the time jump would affect my enjoyment of this series by confusing me.

But it’s not at all confusing, and I honestly prefer having narrator Hazel actually play a role in the story, instead of being a cute little baby everyone has to care for.

It feels like she’s becoming powerful in a certain way and I’m sure one day she’ll be as strong and courageous as her mama.

Oh but what parents she has. Although they’ve both wronged each other, they are determined to stick
Bradley
Re-Read 5/16/18:

My god. Right in the feels.

There's just something about this series that grabs hold of you and whips you from side to side as it gnaws on you before spitting you out, licking the stumps of your missing legs before licking your face.

I love you, but I seem to have eaten you. Sorry!

The end of this volume is so happy! So. Happy!

Can I "allegedly" murder someone now?

Original Review:

Saga is STILL the biggest place to be
Sean Barrs the Bookdragon
“Anyone who thinks one book has all the answers hasn’t read enough books.”

description

And isn’t that the truth? It's such a great quote and extends to so many real life things.

I’m impressed with everything in this volume, the story has progressed forward nicely and has developed with the time shift and, surprisingly, none of the tension has been lost.

This is precisely what makes this series so damn good. All the alien sex and weirdness remain, stamped out with unique and slick visuals, but what really makes this so c
Hannah
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Each volume just gets better and better
Adam Silvera
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
I NEED MORE!!
Whitney Atkinson
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! gays!!!!!!!!!!!
Sh3lly
Crappy, short review time. I liked this one. Hazel is so cute and she may be my favorite thing about this as she gets older. I also loved her teacher, Noreen. Sooo sweet my dried up, shriveled heart actually cracked a little bit. I love everyone that is backing up and protecting Hazel.

The Will getting fat on the hallucinogenic food was funny.

I'm not really a fan of the tabloid guys plot, though. Meh.

Petrichor should make things interesting.
Ɗẳɳ  2.☊
This very well could mark the end of my journey with Saga. If so, I’d just like to pause for a minute and say, “Thanks for the memories.” We shared some good times, you and I. As they say, you’ll never forget your first. So, thank you. Sincerely. But, I’m afraid it may be time to go our separate ways.

As I sit here and reflect, I can’t help but wonder how could something that once seemed so fresh have grown so stale? What happened to that fun little adventure I fell in love with? The artwork is still as
Kemper
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I guess that 5 star streak for all the Saga collections had to come to an end sometime.

This is still the best comic book space adventure/fairy tale/romance you’re likely to read, It also still has enough weird alien characters to populate a cantina in Star Wars as well as more violence, profanity, sex, and nudity than most R rated movies. However, it seemed to lack of a bit of the pop that made the rest of the series so next level. Part of this is probably due to so many story threads being scattered a
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I'm still loving this series. There are appearances by some of the same crowd. There are some new people/thing we get to meet in the prison where Hazel and her grandmother are living. The Will is in it, but he's really gotten huge and really drugged out. TV head is in it and his tv head son. :-)

Marko and Alana find out where Hazel is and they go on a mission to save her with the help of TV head.

I thought the book was really good and I loved how it ended! It was a Yay moment for me, but I will
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
YOOOOOO THAT ENDING
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not my favourite, but I liked it a lot better than #5!

I'm really enjoying this series!

I really love the art work, and the story is so creative, I particularly liked how there was a time jump between this one and the last one too

Ps Hazel is adorable ☺
Caz (littlebookowl)
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
David Schaafsma
Well, if you are not yet reading this series, get on it! I see even Alan Moore says it is great, on the book cover now, one of the great comics achievements. . . Alan Moore, the godfather of comics said this! And this particular volume is the most feel-good one so far, nice things happen, all the angst from previous volumes lightens up a bit, but I won't spoil it for you. I will say, if you are thinking of sharing with kids, maybe don't. It has some pretty explicit sex in it, which might be star ...more
Petrik
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Finally finished the last available volume in Saga and I find this volume to be less entertaining than Volume 4 & 5. I don't think I'll be continuing with this series until it's completely finished and that will still be a long time, so this will be my last mini-review for Saga in the next 5 or 10 years. I would totally recommend this to a fan of graphic novel, it's a good series, but it's not something great for me.

Some cons I have on the series:
-Some of the creatures in this s
Algernon (Darth Anyan)
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, comics

... things to do until the next Saga album is finished:

fishing

go fishing, twiddle your thumbs, play some massive online games or follow the advice of BKV at the end of issue 36 and read some of the other comics currently being published, preferably by his sponsors and editors at Image. Me, I thought I was getting into a good rhythm by reading two albums in a row, but once again, I reached the
Tatiana
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, graphic-novels
Has Saga become too much of a space SOAP opera? I feel like nothing particularly interesting happened in this volume. Is there an actual ending planned to happen soon, or the creators of this comic are going to make stuff up as they go, until they are completely sick of it?
Chad
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you're not on board with Saga yet, where have you been hiding yourself? Every bit as good as the previous volumes. In this volume we jump ahead to Hazel's kindergarten years, while her parents search the galaxy for her.
Lilith Black
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. GOD! Just how good can this become with every volume?! I wish that Goodreads to have some kind of excellence star rating or something like that. OMG! Next to the 7th one ❤😍
BooktubeSFF Awards: This topic has been closed to new comments. Saga Volume 6 3 30 May 16, 2017 11:57AM
Goodreads Choice ...: Saga, Volume 6 - Jan 2017 10 46 Jan 24, 2017 05:58PM

• Descender, Vol. 3: Singularities
  • Rising Action (The Wicked + The Divine #4)
  • Bitch Planet, Vol. 2: President Bitch
  • Sex Criminals: Volume Three: Three the Hard Way
  • Alex + Ada, Vol. 2
  • Chew, Vol. 11: The Last Suppers
  • Lazarus, Vol. 2: Lift
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 6: Tommy Taylor and the War of Words
  • Monstress, Vol. 2: The Blood
  • East of West, Vol. 5: All These Secrets
  • Out of Time (Lumberjanes, Vol. 4)
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes for film and

Saga (Collected Editions) (9 books)
  • Saga, Vol. 1
  • Saga, Vol. 2
  • Saga, Vol. 3
  • Saga, Vol. 4
  • Saga, Vol. 5
  • Saga, Vol. 7
  • Saga, Vol. 8
  • Saga, Vol. 9
“...anyone who thinks one book has all the answers hasn't read enough books.” 143 likes
“You'll never understand the way the worlds really work until you surround yourself with people from all sorts of weird backgrounds.” 39 likes