Start by marking “Saga, Vol. 6 (Saga, #6)” as Want to Read:
Saga, Vol. 6 (Saga, #6)

Saga, Vol. 6 (Saga #6)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  27,549 Ratings  ·  2,631 Reviews
After a dramatic time jump, the three-time Eisner Award winner for Best Continuing Series continues to evolve, as Hazel begins the most exciting adventure of her life: kindergarten. Meanwhile, her starcrossed family learns hard lessons of their own.

Collecting: Saga 31-36
Paperback, Trade, 152 pages
Published July 5th 2016 by Image Comics (first published June 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Saga, Vol. 6, please sign up.
Bram Ryckaert Vaughan has said that he definitely wants to make this longer than his other series. Seeing as this is Hazel's story, I'd say the series is just…moreVaughan has said that he definitely wants to make this longer than his other series. Seeing as this is Hazel's story, I'd say the series is just getting started, since she's still a kid.

"I do indeed have an ending in mind for SAGA, but ideally, it won't be until the distant future. If there are enough of you out there to support our ongoing journey, I hope this be the most epic story I've ever written, longer than Y and Ex Machina combined."

20 ish volumes confirmed :p (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Richelle If you buy through Amazon or have an amazon Prime account you can read comics and graphic novels fairly easily through the comiXology app. Also, check…moreIf you buy through Amazon or have an amazon Prime account you can read comics and graphic novels fairly easily through the comiXology app. Also, check if your local library offers it in digital, some do for comics. (less)

Patrick
It's rare that a comic (or a story in any medium, really) can skip forward in time while maintaining narrative tension. But this volume of Saga does it. It breaks this rule as it breaks so many others, and it comes out on the other side, shining and smelling like a rose.

Seriously. This comic is like a master's class in how to write compelling, long-term, emotional character arcs. Vaughan is probably the best comic writer in the business these days. There's nothing he produces that doesn't absolu
karen
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
congratulations! semifinalist in goodreads' best graphic novels & comics category 2016!

photo IMG_4733_zpsgfp0fxef.jpg

let's catch up - what's this series about again?

photo IMG_4732_zpspeszzppz.jpg

oh, right!

despite how adorable i continue to find hazel (and for me to find a child character in anything "adorable" is already a rare feat),

photo IMG_4731_zpsfyzb8agm.jpg

this one was a little less-fun than some other volumes. part of it is how scattered it is - developing storylines for characters i do not care about, like these two.

photo IMG_4777_zpsplxlityj.jpg

no one cares about these two.

it also introduces
Anne
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh. My. God.
The Will got fat! Bahahahahahahaha!

description

Even with the whole We Gotta Find/Rescue Our Kid storyline, the thing that made the biggest impression on me was The Will's drug-induced weight gain. And really, kids, that's what you need to take away from volume 6 of Saga.
Not all drugs make you skinny.
Yup. Today's free life lesson is this: choose your drugs wisely, or you could end up bloated and talking to imaginary friends - like a chubby Gary Busey, minus the hair.

Alright. Saga.
Is there anyon
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, favourites, 2018
“Anyone who thinks one book has all the answers hasn’t read enough books.”

“I mean, I know diversity is an overused word these days, but without it, what would we be?”

Absolute perfection, as per usual!
Nat
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
description
This review contains *spoilers*.

I love these graphic novels, so it definitely took a lot of patience waiting for all the issues in this volume to come out. (But it was worth it!!)

I seriously missed these characters so damn much. My love for this series grows with each issue. And I’m completely in love with the love Alana and Marko have for one another and their family.

description

In volume 6 the search for Hazel continues throughout heart-stopping moments. I felt deeply for Alana and Marko as parents that
Sean Gibson
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’ve generally enjoyed Saga from the outset, but reading the past few volumes has made me feel a little bit like a first-time guest at a clown orgy: a little bit intrigued, very perplexed as to how such acts can be carried out by so many people in a very small car, a little bit horrified, and just generally bewildered (and, perhaps, the slightest bit aroused). I’m happy to report that Vol. 6 is a welcome return to form, and I’m no longer contemplating anything that involves the words “Bozo” and ...more
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
"...hope the next one's ending isn't too brutal."

Ha.
Hahahahahhahahha.

description

I'm calling it now guys, the day I find myself six feet under, these will be the words you see baring my tombstone:

FELL OFF CLIFF.

Because I'm convinced that's what these books are all set out to do to me, I'm sure of it.

...Not that I'm complaining. (Nah, I'm just silently dying in agony on the inside.) Let the wait begin!
Matthew
Ah, Saga, you continue to be intriguing and wildly weird. Lessons about family. Lessons about race. Lessons about loss and letting go. All of this packaged in a bizzaro universe of strange creatures, cool spaceships, fascinating characters! (Yup, I just used ALL the adjectives!)

I have given this disclaimer before, but this series is a bit extreme with sex and violence. It's not up to me to decide what is too much for you, and maybe you won't find it all that extreme. But, I felt like I should me
Melanie
Vol. 1 ★★★★
Vol. 2 ★★★★
Vol. 3 ★★★★★
Vol. 4 ★★★★
Vol. 5 ★★★★★

“...anyone who thinks one book has all the answers hasn't read enough books.”

For those who have yet to experience the phenomenon that is Saga, the basic premise is that two star-crossed lovers, one from a planet and one from its moon, fell in love during a time of war with each other. Not only is associating with the enemy viewed as unspeakable, falling in love is a whole other ballpark. So imagine their surprise when they got pregnan
Megan Johnson
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
The good news is that this is the last volume that is currently out right now so you don't have to see my reviews for this serious pop up all the time anymore. The bad news (to me) is that this is the last volume that is currently out right now so there's no more for me to enjoy + review.

It's bittersweet, really.

Anyways.

This latest volume was everything that I had hoped it would be and like many other fans I can't wait to see where the story goes from here. If there's one thing that Mr. Vaugh
Lola
I thought the time jump would affect my enjoyment of this series by confusing me.

But it’s not at all confusing, and I honestly prefer having narrator Hazel actually play a role in the story, instead of being a cute little baby everyone has to care for.

It feels like she’s becoming powerful in a certain way and I’m sure one day she’ll be as strong and courageous as her mama.

Oh but what parents she has. Although they’ve both wronged each other, they are determined to stick together in order to fin
Whitney Atkinson
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! gays!!!!!!!!!!!
Bradley
Re-Read 5/16/18:

My god. Right in the feels.

There's just something about this series that grabs hold of you and whips you from side to side as it gnaws on you before spitting you out, licking the stumps of your missing legs before licking your face.

I love you, but I seem to have eaten you. Sorry!

The end of this volume is so happy! So. Happy!

Can I "allegedly" murder someone now?

Original Review:

Saga is STILL the biggest place to be if you want smart stories, fantastic art, deliciously evil humor
Adam Silvera
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
I NEED MORE!!
 ⚔ Sh3lly - Grumpy Name-Changing Wanderer ⚔
Crappy, short review time. I liked this one. Hazel is so cute and she may be my favorite thing about this as she gets older. I also loved her teacher, Noreen. Sooo sweet my dried up, shriveled heart actually cracked a little bit. I love everyone that is backing up and protecting Hazel.

The Will getting fat on the hallucinogenic food was funny.

I'm not really a fan of the tabloid guys plot, though. Meh.

Petrichor should make things interesting.
Ɗắɳ  2.☊
This very well could mark the end of my journey with Saga. If so, I’d just like to pause for a minute and say, “Thanks for the memories.” We shared some good times, you and I. As they say, you’ll never forget your first. So, thank you. Sincerely. But, I’m afraid it may be time to go our separate ways.

As I sit here and reflect, I can’t help but wonder how could something that once seemed so fresh have grown so stale? What happened to that fun little adventure I fell in love with? The artwork is s
Hannah
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Each volume just gets better and better
HFK
May 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paidkindle, graphics
I have to say that I was really looking forward to reading the newest installment within this fabulous, humorous and heartfelt series, and sadly it is the installment that earns my first three star rating among all the four stars I have gotten used to giving to Saga.

I personally felt as if the spark has diminished between the characters. There was not enough of the familiar sarcastic humor, the laugh worth punch lines, the chemistry was off more than it was on. I get this volume was more serious
Kemper
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I guess that 5 star streak for all the Saga collections had to come to an end sometime.

This is still the best comic book space adventure/fairy tale/romance you’re likely to read, It also still has enough weird alien characters to populate a cantina in Star Wars as well as more violence, profanity, sex, and nudity than most R rated movies. However, it seemed to lack of a bit of the pop that made the rest of the series so next level. Part of this is probably due to so many story threads being sca
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I'm still loving this series. There are appearances by some of the same crowd. There are some new people/thing we get to meet in the prison where Hazel and her grandmother are living. The Will is in it, but he's really gotten huge and really drugged out. TV head is in it and his tv head son. :-)

Marko and Alana find out where Hazel is and they go on a mission to save her with the help of TV head.

I thought the book was really good and I loved how it ended! It was a Yay moment for me, but I will
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not my favourite, but I liked it a lot better than #5!

I'm really enjoying this series!

I really love the art work, and the story is so creative, I particularly liked how there was a time jump between this one and the last one too

Ps Hazel is adorable ☺
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Petrik
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Finally finished the last available volume in Saga and I find this volume to be less entertaining than Volume 4 & 5. I don't think I'll be continuing with this series until it's completely finished and that will still be a long time, so this will be my last mini-review for Saga in the next 5 or 10 years. I would totally recommend this to a fan of graphic novel, it's a good series, but it's not something great for me.

Some cons I have on the series:
-Some of the creatures in this series are di
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
YOOOOOO THAT ENDING
Algernon
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, comics

... things to do until the next Saga album is finished:

fishing

go fishing, twiddle your thumbs, play some massive online games or follow the advice of BKV at the end of issue 36 and read some of the other comics currently being published, preferably by his sponsors and editors at Image. Me, I thought I was getting into a good rhythm by reading two albums in a row, but once again, I reached the final chapter with a "Is that all?" expression on my face. The current album is no better and no worse than the
David Schaafsma
Well, if you are not yet reading this series, get on it! I see even Alan Moore says it is great, on the book cover now, one of the great comics achievements. . . Alan Moore, the godfather of comics said this! And this particular volume is the most feel-good one so far, nice things happen, all the angst from previous volumes lightens up a bit, but I won't spoil it for you. I will say, if you are thinking of sharing with kids, maybe don't. It has some pretty explicit sex in it, which might be star ...more
Red Panda
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In volume six of the ever-amazing Saga our star-crossed lovers have to find their missing daughter... That's right: there's gonna be a jaaaaiiiiillllbreak!

I'll pause a moment to let the tragically hip creators of this book get over the fact that I just referenced a band as un-hip as AC/DC in a review of their book.

OK, that'll do. There's really nothing more I can say to try and get people to read this book. It's the best space opera, in ANY medium, since Star Wars. If that doesn't get you to rea
Tatiana
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, graphic-novels
Has Saga become too much of a space SOAP opera? I feel like nothing particularly interesting happened in this volume. Is there an actual ending planned to happen soon, or the creators of this comic are going to make stuff up as they go, until they are completely sick of it?
Trina (Between Chapters)
Still really enjoying this story and the characters. Still think the nude scenes feel invasive and serve little purpose.
❄️Nani❄️
4.5⭐

What a fun way to kick start the year because this was SO GOOD!

I don’t know if it’s ‘cause it’s been a while since I’d read the previous Vol. but this turned out to be a heck of a lot more fun than I was anticipating.

And yup. Ghüs is still my adorable sweet little muffin!!💕😍

Missed you, loves!😍
BooktubeSFF Awards: This topic has been closed to new comments. Saga Volume 6 3 29 May 16, 2017 11:57AM
Goodreads Choice ...: Saga, Volume 6 - Jan 2017 10 46 Jan 24, 2017 05:58PM
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 5: Super Famous
  • Sex Criminals, Vol. 3: Three the Hard Way
  • Descender, Vol. 2: Machine Moon
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 3: Demons
  • East of West, Vol. 5: All These Secrets
  • Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening (Monstress, #1)
  • Lazarus, Vol. 3: Conclave
  • Chew, Vol. 11: The Last Suppers
  • Bitch Planet, Vol. 2: President Bitch
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 2: Fandemonium
  • MIND MGMT, Volume Two: The Futurist
  • Velvet, Vol. 2: The Secret Lives of Dead Men (Velvet, #2)
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 8: Orpheus in the Underworld
  • Alex + Ada, Vol. 2
  • Injection, Vol. 1 (Injection, #1)
Born in Cleveland in 1976, Brian K. Vaughan is the Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning writer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed comics series Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and Ex Machina (picked as one of the ten best works of fiction of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly).

Recently named "Writer of the Year" by Wizard Magazine, and one of the “top ten comic writers of all time” by Comic Boo
More about Brian K. Vaughan

Saga (9 books)
  • Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1)
  • Saga, Vol. 2 (Saga, #2)
  • Saga, Vol. 3 (Saga, #3)
  • Saga, Vol. 4 (Saga, #4)
  • Saga, Vol. 5 (Saga, #5)
  • Saga, Vol. 7 (Saga, #7)
  • Saga, Vol. 8 (Saga, #8)
  • Saga, Vol. 9 (Saga, #9)
“...anyone who thinks one book has all the answers hasn't read enough books.” 106 likes
“You'll never understand the way the worlds really work until you surround yourself with people from all sorts of weird backgrounds.” 30 likes