Start by marking “El fugitivo (Theodore Boone 5)” as Want to Read:
El fugitivo (Theodore Boone 5)

El fugitivo (Theodore Boone #5)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  4,312 Ratings  ·  356 Reviews
Theo thought the danger had passed, but he’s about to face off against an old adversary: accused murderer and fugitive Pete Duffy.

On a field trip to Washington, DC, Theo spots a familiar face on the Metro: Duffy, who jumped bail and was never seen again. Theo’s quick thinking helps bring Duffy back to Strattenburg to stand trial. But now that Duffy knows who he is, Theo is
Published February 11th 2016 by MONTENA (first published May 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about El fugitivo, please sign up.

Wendy
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Theodore Boone The Fugitive

All of my favorite older authors are now writing a YA or Tween series and this the Theodore Boone series is my favorite. The series is the most realistic about a young boy named Teddy and his parents who are both lawyers and of course you can't forget about his Uncle Ike. As I said this is my favorite little series and I'm always waiting for the next book when I want a quick cute read.
Tom
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book interesting exciting I loved it
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
Theodore Boone is in eighth grade now and as he goes on a field trip to Washington D.C, who does he spot? Pete Duffy! - the one who jumped bail and was never seen again. Theo’s quick thinking and a little help from Ike, Pete is apprehended and brought to trial. But the only person who can testify is an illegal immigrant who has already been threatened against it. It is up to Theo to convince Bobby to testify while shielding his identity. Theo’s own life is in danger as Pete now knows his identit ...more
Alasandra Alawine
While on a school field trip to D.C. Theo spots Pete Duffy, after contacting his Uncle Ike the FBI is brought in and Duffy is apprehended. With the testimony of illegal immigrant Bobby Escobar Duffy is sure to be convicted. Duffy's lawyer's hired goons try to scare Bobby off, but at the last minute Bobby shows up for the trial. After the jury hears Bobby's testimony, Duffy pleads guilty to life in prison.

Ike, Theo and Bobby share the reward for Duffy's arrest and conviction.
Andreia
I have to remind myself at times that Theodore is not an adult. Sometimes I find myself yelling at him
Aiden_B
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jonathan
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, read-06-15, ya
In the latest installment to John Grisham's YA mystery series Theodore Boone has his hands full from finding a fugitive to convincing an illegal immigrant to testify after that immigrant's been threatened. This book was a fast-paced good read!

I really liked Theo in the first four books in this series, but in this book he came off as a know-it-all. He simply wasn't my favorite character in this book. Also, he missed so much school in this book it was pitiful. His parents, however, and his uncle,
Claires2
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
John Grisham is an amazing author, and these books for younger readers are great. I really enjoyed this series of Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer. This is book number five, and I’m so glad that they finally brought Pete Duffy back into the picture. I really enjoyed reading Pete Duffy’s trial, and I feel like Theo bringing him down is quite fitting. I also enjoyed reading the scenes when Theo is in Washington, D.C. Think this is a great book, and anyone who like judicial books should read it.
Grace
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will simply say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was very simplistic, but it held my attention at all times. I really liked how it was a continuation of the first book too. I do hope that John Grisham comes out with a sixth book because the ending, to me, was a cliff hanger. Overall, this was a captivating read, and one that anyone can enjoy (after reading the first 4).
Una Tiers
Nice writing, but hard to believe YA book.
Julia
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes there's a fifth book!!!!!!! Can't wait to read it :D
Oliver
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Theo is preparing for his eighth-grade field trip to Washington D.C. He is very excited to spend a weekend in the U.S. capitol, and is looking forward to visiting historic sites such as the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington monument. On one subway ride, he thinks he sees someone that he recognizes. He checks once, twice, he is very sure. He takes out his phone, and takes a video. He follows the person off the subway, and trails him until he is lost in the crowd. Who is this person? Pete Duffy ...more
Cj W
Another good story in the world of Theo Boone!

I shan't get into too much, as I don't want to spoil anything, but they get to the bottom of the Pete Duffy mess, which my son and I have been wondering about since the first book! ha ha.

A great look into a 13 year old kid-lawyer who. .... probably wouldn't have had even close to the same opportunities he's had thus far, if he lived anywhere but the quaint little town he does indeed live in. ... haha. Luck of the draw mixed with dedication, determi
Scott
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
The fifth book of the adventures of Theodore Boone everyone's favorite want to be kid lawyer.

Quite a few times during this book there were hard to believe scenerio's that would never happen but if you suspend disbelief then this is a really good page turner.

Kids are on class trip, Theo spots the fugitive from an earlier book, FBI gets involved, twists & turns, tension & drama ensue.

I listened to this as an audio book and being a runner it is just the right book to listen to while runnin
Dodie
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 5th book in the series. The fourth book was not available at the library so I decided to read the next book. Even through it referred to a case in a previous book you don’t need to have read it to follow this story line. A fun and light read.
Shelby
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual, I really enjoyed a Theodore Boone book and I am probably going to try some of John Grisham's other works.
Lynn
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another delightful installment in this series! I’m sure I would adored reading these as a child, too!
Debra
For my written review, please check out the link below:
Debra's Book Cafe

Debs :-)
kandy teixeira
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good read

good read... geared at 4-9 grade... but as an adult I enjoyed it! John Grisham is always good and interesting...
Matt
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Grisham returns with another Theodore Boone novel that will have adults and youths alike talking and speculating. On his eighth-grade trip to Washington, D.C., Theo Boone spots a local criminal on the lam, a large reward tied to his recapture. Pete Duffy is wanted for murder back in Strattenburg, having fled during his retrial. During a brief reconnaissance mission, Theo is able to assist the FBI with Duffy's recapture, using a disguise to protect his identity. If only that were the end of the s ...more
Aiden Housman
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you have a favorite author? If you do, who is it? My favorite author is John Grisham. I just got done reading Theodore Boone The Fugitive by John Grisham, and it was great.
The book is about Theodore and his classmate going on a field trip to Washington D.C., but this is not any ordinary field trip. OHHHHH NOOOO! When up in Washington D.C. Theo ran into a familiar face. It was none other than Pete Duffy. Pete Duffy is a criminal who had gotten away. Pete Duffy had been on trial for the murder
Lyndon
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hardback
Each of these middle grade legal thrillers (more adventure than thriller) focuses on an aspect of the law and explains, via the story, some basic legal concepts for young teen readers. None have been overly heavy handed; most work the lawyer talk into the context of the mystery quite nicely. So kudos to Grisham for writing a series of gripping tales while providing a bit of legal education along the way.

(view spoiler)
Ms. Yingling
When Theo is with his 8th grade class on a field trip to Washington, D.C., he thinks he sees Pete Duffy, who has fled Strattenburg after being charged with murder. Theo contacts his Uncle Ike for help, and thinks for sure that the FBI will bring him in, but Duffy can't be found. Ike and Theo are asked to go back to D.C. to try to catch him, and they do. He is taken back to Strattenburg and a trial is set, but the problem now is getting Bobby Escobar to testify. Bobby is afraid that he will be de ...more
gem
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Theo Boone is back on the trail of Pete Duffy, the accused murderer we first met back in Book 1. Now on book 5, I am well versed in Theo's tenacious, if not slightly reckless, approach to solving whatever problems comes his way and this particular book is a great example of his determination to do the right thing and allow justice to run it's course.
As always the story is pacey and exciting, and I was rooting for Duffy to finally get his comeuppance without Theo getting into any real danger.
Th
Ethan H
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oscar Despard
Theodore Boone: The Fugitive, by John Grisham

The book was an exciting and relatively fast-moving book. It returned to the premise of the first book, the trial for the murder of Myra Duffy. It was an excellent book, and the plot, despite being somewhat unlikely, felt real and possible. There were some events where doubt could have been raised as to the likelihood of the moment occurring, but they were few and not too challenging to the believability of the story.

In short, The Fugitive was an exc
Clara Roberts
Sep 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
John Grisham is not a great storyteller but his is a very good propagandist for left wing policies.. This one dealt with whether the American taxpayer should pay for college education for illegal aliens.
Amy
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. One of my favorite YA series. I think it's great for middle school age kids and up because they learn so much about the law. I would definitely suggest this to others that love YA books and/or have kids looking for good reads.
Carlos
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book, it's about law a stuff, a kid that travel tos Washington start to look haw to put a criminal/fugitive in jail. Both of his parents are laws, I recommended if you like law and police shows
Sandra
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Loved getting lost in this episode with Theo. But would have loved him to have control of the money for serval valid and character building reasons.
  • Under Cover (Agent 21, #5)
  • The New Enemy (Liam Scott, #3)
  • Dead or Alive (Special Operations, #4)
  • The Map Trap
  • Last in a Long Line of Rebels
  • The Book of Secrets (Mister Max, #2)
  • Code of Honor
  • The Worst Class Trip Ever (The Worst, #1)
  • Strays Like Us
  • Mystery on Museum Mile (Eddie Red Undercover #1)
  • Road Trip
  • Found (Mickey Bolitar, #3)
  • The Phantom of the Post Office (43 Old Cemetery Road, #4)
  • Fenway Fever
  • Ramona Boxed Set: Ramona and Her Father / Ramona the Pest / Ramona the Brave / Beezus and Ramona (#1-4)
  • 2232 (Percipience, #3)
  • Koridwen (U4 #4)
  • The Crazy Game
"Long before his name became synonymous with the modern legal thriller, he was working 60-70 hours a week at a small Southaven, Mississippi law practice, squeezing in time before going to the office and during courtroom recesses to work on his hobby—writing his first novel.

Born on February 8, 1955 in Jonesboro, Arkansas, to a construction worker and a homemaker, John Grisham as a child dreamed of
More about John Grisham

Theodore Boone (6 books)
  • Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer (Theodore Boone, #1)
  • The Abduction (Theodore Boone, #2)
  • The Accused (Theodore Boone, #3)
  • The Activist (Theodore Boone, #4)
  • The Scandal (Theodore Boone, #6)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Roseanna (Martin Beck, #1)
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)
    $10.99 $1.99
“Smithsonian is actually a group of nineteen different museums and a zoo,” 0 likes
“General Grant” 0 likes