Start by marking “Susanna Don't You Cry” as Want to Read:
Susanna Don't You Cry

Susanna Don't You Cry

"I'll never forgive him - never!"

Chuck Kincaid made a vow of hate the day his father walked out, and he still keeps it ten years later. His sister’s bad choices, his mother’s drug addiction - he knows who to blame for all of it.

But when Susanna and Kelly get their lives turned around by Jesus, Chuck doesn’t know what to think. And why is the rich stranger with the scar
Published February 2nd 2016 by Elisha Press

To ask other readers questions about Susanna Don't You Cry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Susanna Don't You Cry

Start your review of Susanna Don't You Cry
Sarah Grace Grzy
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 14+ for mature themes
*DISCLAIMER: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

This story was amazing! Seeing God move in lives that seem too far gone is always so inspiring. I liked each of the characters, and felt a certain connection to each one. My favorite being Jacob. How one could give up all he holds dear for the sake of the One who gave up all for us was so neat.

Overall, I liked this book and would give it 4 out of 5 stars. The beginning completely grabbed me. I was hooked! The word pictures and descriptions were so b
Amanda Tero
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
"...they had been like three strangers living in the same house, each engrossed in their own bitterness, fears, and heartaches."

Starting with Ross' decision to leave his home, "Susanna, Don't You Cry" follows the life of all four family members affected: dad, mom, brother, and sister.

Most of the plot was predictable once chapter three rolled around, and it was one of those reads that didn't shower me with uncomfortable situations. Rather, it follows the journey of this fa
Lydia Howe
I just re-read this book (finishing on 10/26/16), and crazy as it sounds, I enjoyed it much more the second time around.

The first time I read the book I was doing it for review, and so therefore my analytical mind was jumping in and finding things I disagreed with. This time I already knew what I did and didn't agree with, so I focused more on the story. (Plus it helps that after reading it the first time I emailed some with the author and was able to clear up some confusion I had.)

Here's a li
Bethany
Recommended: Ages 15+

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I first started reading this book, but very soon I found myself greatly enjoying it. The story was interesting and very believable, and the different characters and their various struggles were realistic and human. This is also the first book I’ve read where I actually liked the way the story changes from the different POV’s between the characters, it was done so easily and naturally that it actually enhanced and clarified the story line inst
Janell R.
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From the first scene of this book I was drawn in and held until I finished the last page. No, it wasn't a 'mystery', 'thriller', or any other sensational genre, but it was the story of a family written in such a way that I didn't want to put it down until it all satisfactorily came to a conclusion (no, I did not read it all in one sitting, but I wanted to). The transition from the events of the past to the present was so smooth that I barely even realized when it happened.

The themes
I appreciated how this book addressed many topics like drug abuse/addiction, alcoholism, the pursuit of money, and much more in the light of God's redemption. I love how it showed how lives are transformed by Jesus. The writing wasn't very strong and often felt stilted.
I still feel there are a lot of people who will enjoy this book.
Carrie
Barry Collins
Anaya Jones
Dawn Obrien
Oct 19, 2016
I'm a redeemed child of God through Jesus Christ, blessed with a great curiosity about the world He created and all the people in it. My favorite subjects are Christian doctrine, history, and economics, so if anyone knows of a history of economics from a Christian perspective, please friend me! :-)

Ahead of all other interests, I have a great passion to communicate Biblical truth in rel