Start by marking “House of Paine” as Want to Read:
House of Paine

House of Paine

(House of Paine #1)

House of Paine is a full length bad boy novel with a HEA! 100k words

Paige Acosta's world is flipped upside down when she learns her brother Greg, a undercover NYPD cop has died from an accidental heroine overdose. Paige knows this was no 'ACCIDENT'.

Greg was obsessed with bringing down the two largest crime rings in New York. The Paine and Kramer families.

Paige is
Published January 31st 2016 by Kylie Walker (first published July 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about House of Paine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House of Paine

Start your review of House of Paine
Carissa
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s-2016
2.5 - 3 stars
So, this is a straightforward story, without any twists or turns. I predicted it from the start.

Young girl - a loving sister, devoted daughter, wants to do good so heads down the medical pathway. When she learns of her brother's untimely death, especially the circumstances surrounding his death. The grief and anger, coupled with the disillusionment of the situation has her seeking revenge. Incorporating herself within the second deadliest crime family, Paige learns that sometimes
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
House of Paine (House of Paine #1-2) by Kylie Walker
4 stars!!

She felt like her quest for revenge had caused a chain reaction that was ruining many more lives than she counted on.

Kylie Walker is a new to me author and upon seeing the synopsis for House of Paine I was drawn in and decided to pop my Kylie Walker cherry.

House of Paine is a mafia style romantic suspense type read and Kylie Walker definitely delivered. If I wasnt chewing my nails I was swooning, she would build you up with angst
Vasiliki
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3 stars!

ARC kindly provided by Rockstar PR Lit in exchange of an honest review

This is a story of Paige, the girl who lost her brother and she wants revenge. The story is quite straight forward. There is a lot of tension and action in this book. Sometimes it even felt unnecessary. The book is written from multiple POV's but it was always clear who was concerned.

The story is said in two parts in my mind (and in previous editions). The first part is Paige's actions and the second part is the
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
House of Paine by Kylie Walker
This novel was a unique mix of genres, Crime Syndicate, Step Brother, and Bad Boy all rolled up into one. It was a Fantastic read.

Paige Acosta Is a medical student studying at Princeton, when her brother and best friend Greg, an undercover cop is found dead of a drug overdose in his apartment. Paige is heartbroken and unbelieving that her brother would do drugs. Noting that something had been wronged with her brother on her last visit and that communication with him
A. Cook
House of Paine This shot off and just never slowed down. Look, I didn't put it down until I finished. Great characters and great storyline. Read it, absorb it and enjoy it.
Darcy
I gave this one up after I ran into a situation that was too unbelievable even for fiction land. Things started out good for me. I get that Paige was in pain after loosing her brother, how her last visit was bad because it seemed like he was spinning out of control. Where the book lost me was after Paige talked to her brother's partner, a veteran cop, who just told her that her brother was murdered while under cover and he worried that somehow the bad guys learned he was a cop and were after him ...more
mnknmnkn
Jul 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It was too far fetched. There were things that didnt make sense, things that didn't add up, or things that just had you sayjng, WTH REALLY? ...more
LunalandBooks
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of House of Paine by Kylie Walker in exchange for an honest review.
Kylie Walker is an absolute genius. I loved House of Paine and the characters involved in this whirlwind of a book. This was a brilliant dark romance that had fantastic edge to it about a woman who is seeking revenge for the death of her brother who was an undercover cop.

This book is very emotional, action packed, gritty, romantic and even humours at times. Everything you could possibly want in this genre was
Dani
When revenge brings you more than you bargained for!

This story was dark, intriguing, and left me wanting more. There are some intense topics covered in this story which might be triggers for some.

Paige has just lost her brother, but theres something off about the way he was killed. She ends up in New York, trying to find the truth behind what happened to her brother. When she goes undercover, working for one of the most notorious crime families in NYC she meets Damien Paine. Hes dark, sexy,

Linda Levine
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paige is on a mission to avenge her brother. She is willing to risk everything to find out who murdered him. She understands a little of the world her brother who was an undercover police officer had to inhabit to bring down the criminals. She even had a major criminal in her own family until her mother finally divorced her step-father. Paige is playing a dangerous game and it gets even more intense when she starts to get personally involved with the men who inhabit this dangerous world.

This is
Panty Scorching: 4
Over All Rating: 4
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Lindsey

Wowza! This is seriously one action packed read. And that cover... hot! This book was a lot of fun to read. There's action, angst, maybe a few tears, and some laughs. Lots of emotions going on with this book!

Damien... well hot damn! He's all alpha male with a kick of organized crime. And it's fucking hot. I really loved reading him. He does have some serious book boyfriend potential.

Paige.
Jayne
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I had a few issues with the facts in this book and the plausibility of the story line.

If the heroine is based in New Jersey, why is she flying into JFK?
The Pulitzer prize is for writing books, not drug development

You can't fake being a nightclub manager if your training for the past few years has been in Medical school. Very different skill sets
There is no way the step daughter of one Crime lord is not known by the family of another crime lord.

I'm all for the suspension of belief, but there's
Sherry Haynes
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gifted an ARC in exchange for an honest review:

Paige isn't the type of person to sit back and do nothing when her brother dies under suspicious conditions. Especially when she finds out that the situation involves her ex-step-father the notorious drug lord. Taking the situation in her hands she places herself undercover to find out who killed her brother and to avenge his death. This is a page turner and will keep your attention throughout. Suspenseful all the way to the cliff.

Triggers: There
Char Davis
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an exciting action packed suspense filled romance story.Paige and her mom were up early for some reason they couldn't sleep.When the doorbell ran Paige was wondering who the hell would be coming over this early.Her mom looked through the peep hole then fell in the floor screaming and crying.Paige looked an opened the door asking how bad her brother was hurt and where did they need to go.When the Captain said he was dead Paige ran to her room an cried wrapping her arms around her legs ...more
Jessica Mitchell
House of Paine by Kylie Walker

This book is basically a bull shooting out of the gate. Once you start you won't be able to start. Coming outta the gate you will learn the main character is a woman named Paige who will stop at nothing to learn the truth about her brother's death. Who was a NYPD Detective before he past away.
Insert a bad boy named Damian Paine. He is the youngest son of the King Pin of New York City. The ruthless Jackson Paine. Once he sees Paige at the funeral, he can't get his
Sharon
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is an emotional roller coaster from beginning to end! Its a mafia romance and so, as to be expected there is some violence, fear, suspense, questionable consent and drama along with the love and romance. Its a face paced book so be prepared to sit there with your Kindle in hand for quite some time as if you are like me, you shall find it incredibly difficult to put this book down until you have finished it! There is a great plot with great sub plots and wonderfully developed ...more
Cheryl Sanders
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This fantastic story features Damien and Paige. The separate twists and turns their lives took from birth was insane. Being a mobsters reluctant son was hard for Damien. Throughout the story I never knew who was going to shoot who. Family loyalty was huge for Damiens father but when it came down to it, it was sketchy at best.

The action and suspense were awesome. The steam factor was off the charts! What a ride! The story keeps you on the edge of your seat. Im very curious to see how their life
Berit Busch
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed these book and I absolutely loved it. The story held me captive from the start. Is your trust with the right person? Is everything black and white or is something a little gray? How Paige managed to stay on top and not give in and how she survives in the dent of the lions is incredible. She has made up her mind and it seems nobody can stop her even though she could cause a war, or? I really love that Kylie Walker has such a strong heroine and is showing us what we all can ...more
Ida Jolley
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read House Of Paine because I like this authors writing. I think this was an awesome read. It was full of tension, terror, sexual activity going on, and it had me on the edge of my seat till the end. Paige felt she needed revenge to go after who was responsible for her brothers murder. So she went to New York and got involved with one of the crime families, plus a man who was also related to the family. But he turned out to be a help to her instead. This book was everything I wanted to read ...more
Latifa Morrisette
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quest for revenge turns into a deadly game.

After the Death of her brother Greg, Paige, a medical student, swears her revenge on the ones responsible. What she didn't count on was the dangers that she would ha e to reach her way around or Damien. Can she bring down the ones responsible and still fall in love?
I love a good gritty dark romance. I don't read many but I will be glad to add this to my collection
Tabitha Moncada
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book. This is the first book that I have read by Kylie Walker. I was not disappointed in this book. It is well written book. The characters are well developed. It is a great book. Some of the scene graphic. This book has some very violate. I had a hard time putting this book down. I need see what was going to happen next. I can't wait to read more books by Walker. I will recommend this book.
Candice
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Paige is trying to solve who killed her undercover police officer Greg. Her ex stepfather is a dug kingpin in New York. She wants to know if he has anything to do with the murder. Hes trying to protect her so he has his son Damien keep a watch on her. Will the two give in to temptation? Will she find out who killed her brother?

Jennifer Libby
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book draws you into a world that many people have never dreamt about. Take the determination of a young woman to prove her brother innocence and the young man in a place he never wanted to be. The ride that they go on enough to make your head spin. Follow along as they work together and navigate through family business.

Jeanne Richardson
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've read a lot of books written by Kylie Walker; she has done a great job at writing a fantastic book; she is one of my favorite authors. I cant wait to read more of books her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

I received a free copy of this book via booksprout and Im voluntarily leaving a review.
Wanda
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book takes the suspense of a Mofia romance to a whole other level! Every time you think things are settling down, something happens to ramp up the suspense with twists and surprises. You get it all in this book...heat, emotional moments, dark moments even a laugh or two. Damien and Paige are strong characters but so are the rest. I would live to see a book centered around Alex next!

Wendy
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Paine Son

In giving this 4 stars only because the typos and grammatical errors are more than just a few.
I did enjoy the story, a lot actually. Paige needs to avenge her brother's murder and heads to NY to do just that
Damien, the son of a crime boss, is ordered by his father to keep her safe and not to let her out of his sight.
Will they be able to overcome their differences?
Tameka
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved every minute of reading this book. Paige and Damien was dynamite together. The sexual energy of the two characters was hot. There was so much secrets that was revealed. This book is filled with action revenge and just take no prisoners grit. This book had me mesmerized and Im just hoping that theres a continuation with possibly the telling of Alexs story

Stacie
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is so much to this book with so many ups and downs! Its a real nail bitter! But I think there are so many plots that it would make a great series and would of been even better if it was broken down a little.

Ariana
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
From the start it grab me, couldn't;t put it down. Full of drama, betrayal, loyalty, angst, and se ual tension. Paige is a strong female lead and I loved that, because I can't abide weak women. This book was great and I recommend it. If you love mafia romance then get this book you won't be disappointed.

Landy
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. The storyline and characters had me so engrossed I wanted more. Paige is so brave like her brother. The this she had to do and say to achieve what you wanted. I hope there is a story about Alex coming soon.

« previous 1 3 next »

• Unexpected Surprise (Irresistible Billionaires Book 1)
  • Resolve: A High School Bully Romance - Bridal Creek High Book 3
  • Ward, A Dark Romance
  • Highest Bidder
  • Saving the SEAL Baby Daddy
  • Taken as Collateral (Mafia Masters, #2)
  • Reckless Kiss (White Rose Billionaires #1)
  • Dirty Little Secret (Reighton Preparatory Academy #3)
  • Wicked Dreams (Fallen Royals, #1)
  • Marked (Evergreen Academy #1)
  • SINS: The Complete Series
  • Unrequited
  • A Debt Owed (The Debt Duet, #1)
  • Savage Lessons: A Reverse Harem High School Bully Romance (Vicious Boys of Marter High Book 1)
  • A Debt Repaid (The Debt Duet, #2)
  • Breaking Beauty: A Second Chance Romance
  • Stolen Innocence
  • Beautiful Mistake (Irresistible Billionaires Book 2)
Kylie Walker is from a small city north of Toronto, Ontario. She loves to write contemporary romance with a whole lot of steam and suspense that will keep you guessing and wanting more!

She is always holding giveaways for her subscribers - you can signup to learn more below: --->>> http://authorkyliewalker.com/kylies-n...

She loves to connect with her readers! Feel free to add her on

House of Paine (2 books)