Start by marking “Double Black (Stark Springs Academy #2)” as Want to Read:
Double Black (Stark Springs Academy #2)

Double Black

(Stark Springs Academy #2)

* This is the second book in the Stark Springs Academy series, which should be read in order. You should read Black Diamond before reading the description below. *

If you don’t like the rules, make new ones.

If you want to the best, show no fear.

And if Ryker Black is your boyfriend, you better be ready to fight. On and off the slopes.

Overnight, Roxie Slade went from an outs

To ask other readers questions about Double Black, please sign up.
Ali Dean Three. The third one is called Black Ice and is coming in late June.

Snow
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Oh la la...
I never thought i d get so excited while reading a YA sport angsty drama without any sex in it, obviously LOL

But it just so happens that this author not only presents the story fluently, and easy flowing, she also steps up a notch in developing the characters as just slightly mature than they d be for their age... which gives the plot further credibility, even though that same "age" issue had set me back in book 1.

In this case, for me that fact worked perfectly as i could get involved
Mo
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Ryker's world is exhausting with political maneuvers. I feel for him. I don't know what Roxie is going to do to survive.
J.L.
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, all-ya
4 Stars
Danny {literary_owl}
I never imagined a high school so filled with drama.

In this second book of the series, we see Roxie taking charge and becoming the new 'leader' of Stark (even if it was a power she did not ask for) but, as she gains power and the ability to change the previous rules, the high school becomes a place without borders. People can do whatever, meet and sit with whomever and stop worrying about the posse and power authorities.
Roxie made a really good change in Stark Academy and everyone loved her for
T.H. Hernandez
3-1/2 stars. After the intense, angsty beginning to this series in Black Diamond, the sequel didn't quite live up to my expectations. There is some conflict between Ryker and Roxie, but it centered more on the secrets that Ryker is keeping. Secrets that put distance between them, but not a lot of drama. These secrets aren't revealed until the final chapter, but I never felt like they were building to a boiling point and if they weren't released, an explosion would occur. There's also a lack of c ...more
Clau
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Un poco mejor que el primero. El "gran secreto" de Ryker era bastante obvio, por cierto. No me sorprendió para nada.
The Mysterious Reader
I love Ali Dean’s sports romances. It’s been that way since I read the first in her Pepper Jones series and walked away totally addicted both to the romance and the feeling of really being an insider on the sport (cross country in that case). That’s probably why I glommed on Black Diamond when I saw it. If anything this book was even better than the Pepper Jones books (a very high bar as those books are so superb that I’ve re-read that series several times). So much so that I’ve addictively bing ...more
Cristina
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tami Laplante
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You will need to read Black Diamond to follow these two. Roxie and Ryker Black have an agreement and they will date and see where it goes. With her hanging out with Ryker, this has upped her status at Stark Springs Academy. But all Roxie wants is to ski her best and rock the skiing world. She has already won one competition but that just makes her want more. Plus Roxie is making changes (for the best) to not have a the clique and to be accepted by all. But enter the mystery of business and certa ...more
Lexee Toste
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story!!! I loved getting more of Ryker and Roxie together in this book. It’s the second book in the series and I do recommend reading the first book before this one. This one picks up pretty much the other one leaves off. It does leave us with a little bit of a cliffhanger. Nothing too bad but they definitely drop some news and then the books done. I’ve really enjoyed both the main characters and the secondary ones. They are fully developed and all add something to the stor ...more
Yessenia Andaverde
Something I loved of this book was the competition. I don't know about you, but my hear starts racing when Roxie is about to compete or give it all while training. And when she beats the others? I get giddy with happiness.

Besides the competition, this book is pure drama with Roxie and Ryker's relationship. I mean, she is about to go to Europe and him to Canada, but she will be close to an ex-boyfriend and an almost-boyfriend, so you can expect Ryker's about to explode with jealousy.

Oh, and let'
Jeanne Richardson
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Ali Dean; she has done an great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Celicia Fowlkes
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series keeps getting better. She went through a lot in this book. Hands down. After everything she has been through so far, I am shocked. It takes a strong person to come back from this and not hate that person. Very good read. Ready for more.

Siyka
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved that the book started where the first one ended.
I liked that the characters were both the same and developing and changing.
Roxie sounded as strong as before and strong enough to change the rules. Ryker was willing to change for her and that was great indeed.
I recommend the series to any lover of sports romance.

Elvira
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in a continued story. Girl from the wrong side of the street goes to an exclusive school and meets the dominant alpha of the in group. The characters are well developed and engaging. Storyline flows with ease. Don't miss out.

Maeschelle
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Addictive storyline

When I read this book, I thought it was a cross between mafia book and Tijan's Fallen Crest Series. Ryker being the hot tough guy, Roxie as the beautiful new girl, secrets that people want to remain hidden and all the drama makes this story so very intriguing. As soon as I finished this book I was already purchasing the next two books.
Kimberly
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good teen and young adult romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good.

Raika Owens
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I never thought that I would find something this good this early in the year. I'm glad that I was proven wrong.

Tanya
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her life is getting confusing and her profile is rising at the school while maybe dating the bad boy of the school. How is she going to cope.with it all? Can she get everything she wants? See how she is going to get on
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book two continued from where we left of with book one. Lots more drama, angst and suspense surround Ryker, Dixie and all their friends.

MeIsBookNerd
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That cliffhanger, ugghhh! This book has been a little mellow for me. I felt nothing happened much and there were too many narrations about what happened in book 1. I didn't love the continued push-pull because it was already too much.
Invisible  Magic
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
More of a 3.5. I love the plot better here, I really don’t want Ryker to step down but that’s more of a personal opinion. Anyways I enjoyed this book and many of the events. I LOVE PLAYER, if it wasn’t Ryker vs Brad it probably be Ryker vs Player!!! The ending was a shocker and a huge one at that!
Carol
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good second in the series. Let's you understand the characters even more. Can't wait for the next. It kept my interest through the whole book. I received it from booksprout and voluntarily left my review.
Travis
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read that is rich in the Stark Academy world Full of twists and turns and doesn’t disappoint!
Nadea Croix
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this story to be a very enjoyable read. An amazingly attention grabber with great characters, details and depth kept your interest and totally engaged throughout really well

Darlene Avery
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Double Black picks up where the first book in the Stark Springs Academy ended. These books are fast paced reads with lots of angst and drama. Enjoyable and interesting characters, especially if your looking for a easy fast read.

3.5 Stars
Samantha (WLABB)
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, romance, ya
This book picks up with the new rules, that there are no rules. Roxy had managed to shake up the social structure at Stark, and emerged as a new leader.

Again, the best parts are when Roxy is training and competing. I have read a lot of "sports romances", where an athlete is involved, but there really isn't any sports. I like that Dean brings us into the head of the athlete, and we get to see a lot of action. Roxy's races, successes, and failures are something I really enjoyed sharing. This book
Traci
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it

description

li Dean is one author that I have all her books on preorder, so this one was no different.

When I read Black Diamond I was lost in so much of the terminology and lingo of skiers, but I think this go around I got a better grip on what they are referring too.

Ryker and Roxanna (Roxie) are an item. It has only been a few days and things are already drastically changing. Those at the academy are noticing the shift in power of the “Pose” group (a.k.a the popular kids). Roxie has put her foot down on
books are love
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

What can be said. First the ending I loved the tender moment with Ryker and Roxie but what happened with Petra was just wow...I wasn’t a fan of hers and didn’t agree with her ways of doing things but still just wow.

Ryker has grown so much since the first book. We see who he really is and why he was how he was. We see him show compassion, kindness, love and start to be his age. We see all that he has on his plate and how well he handles things. I loved wat
  • The Girl Who Heard Demons
  • Isabella and the Slipper
  • Notice Me
  • Black Orchid
  • A Game Worth Watching (Worth Series, #1)
  • The Perks of Dating You
  • Break Through
  • Kiss with Cherry Flavor (Grover Beach Team, #4)
  • Played (Hooked, #2)
  • See No Evil (Brotherhood, #1)
  • The Kissing Deadline
  • Ninja Girl
  • Fallen Grace (Grace, #4)
  • Until You Find Me (Untamed, #1)
  • Pierced Love
  • Just One of the Boys (The Chicago Falcons, #1)
  • Masquerade (The Rosewoods, #2)
  • Swept Away Volume One (Swept Away #1)
Ali hails from Vermont and now lives in Colorado with her husband, boy-girl twins, and golden retriever Pancake. Ali has always loved to read, but found that there weren't enough fiction books out there featuring girl athletes. So, she decided to work on that. Like the heroines in her books, Ali is an athlete, with running and skiing her favorite sports these days. When she's not pursuing an outdo ...more

Stark Springs Academy (3 books)
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
  • Black Ice (Stark Springs Academy #3)