Start by marking “Feliz Navidead (Santa Fe Cafe Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Feliz Navidead (Santa Fe Cafe Mystery #3)

Feliz Navidead

(Santa Fe Cafe Mystery #3)

Holly, jolly, and downright deadly—the third Santa Fe Café mystery unwraps surprises both naughty and nice . . . It’s the most picturesque time of theyear in Santa Fe, and Chef Rita Lafitte of Tres Amigas Café hopes the twinkling lights and tasty holiday treats will charm her visiting mom. Rita is also planning fun activities, such as watching her teenage daughter, Celia, ...more
Published October 25th 2016 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Feliz Navidead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feliz Navidead

Michele
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

With a good dose of Southwestern flair, some fantastic sounding cuisine, and a murder mystery involving Santa and Satan–yep, you read that correctly–Feliz Navidead was a lively Christmas story worth reading.

It’s always fun sitting down with a cozy mystery and knowing I’ll get a chuckle as well as a whodunit out of a book. And with the charming characters and their unusual holiday situation here, that was definitely true. Our protagonist Rita was a smart, inquisitive, and
Heidi
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Four stars: A delightful holiday tale that delivers a solid mystery with plenty of Southwestern holiday cheer.

Rita is hoping to pull off a cozy, Southwestern Christmas, but hosting her mother might make it difficult. Rita's mother is all about the traditional Christmas so asking her to embrace chili peppers, outdoor plays with devils and all things celebrated in Santa Fe might be a steep order. To make matters worse, the night Rita's daughter debuts as one of the devils in the town's Christmas
Jessica Bronder
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rita Lafitte’s mother is visiting Santa Fe for Christmas and Rita is trying to make this the best visit ever. Mind you Christmas is a little different in the desert with no snow and devils. But there is a bunch of great food that should make up for it. That is until an actor in the Christmas pageant that Rita’s daughter Celia plays a devil in, is discovered dead. It seems that some Native American artifacts are being returned to their tribes and someone doesn’t want this to happen. Rita tries he ...more
Teresa Kander
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I recently read all three of the books in this series, and was entertained by all of them. Rita and her cohorts at Tres Amigas Cafe are a fun bunch of people, and there are a variety of other enjoyable folks around town as well.

In this book, Rita has invited her mother to come from the Midwest to celebrate Christmas in Santa Fe. Mom wants her traditional Christmas, while Rita wants to introduce her to some traditions of the Southwest, which leads to some "discussions" between them.

When a body is
Linda Brue
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third in the Santa Fe Café mystery series. Rita Lafitte is a chef at the Tres Amigas Café, and is hosting Christmas for her Mom, who has never been to Santa Fe before. She is hoping the visit goes well, planning lots of activities to show off her adopted city to her Midwestern Mom, who is unhappy that she is living so far away with her daughter, Celia. Celia is appearing in the Christmas pageant, Las Posadas, which takes place in the streets, acting as one of the three devils. Things ...more
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
What great fun! This book was a riot. I loved the characters, especially the way Rita was with her mom. They had a great relationship and Rita was really good with her. I also loved Flori, Rita's friend! She was hilarious, outspoken, fearless, my kinda gal!

My favorite part of this book and what really made it for me was all the talk about knitting! I, myself am a knitter. So this was great (a nice unexpected surprise!). The first time knitting was mentioned I was like - "OH! knitting!" and then
Chi Dubinski
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chef Rita LaFitte works at Tres Amigas Café in Santa Fe, New Mexico. This Christmas season her mother is visiting from Illinois, uneasy with the different traditions and the spicy foods. She is especially upset that her teenage granddaughter Celia is playing a devil in the holiday pageant. It seems like her fears may have come to pass when the man playing one of the other devils is murdered during the first performance.
Rita’s ex-husband Manny is the cop investigating the crime and her current b
Avanders
This is the 3rd book in a cozy mystery series set in Santa Fe, NM. I am sad it's also the last book (so far!) in the series... and I hope she writes more! It's well paced and well-charactered, and the mysteries are not obvious (which I like!). I enjoyed this one in particular ... because it's Christmas, because it's familiar (Santa Fe) and because the mystery was well-paced, written, and resolved! Hoping for more!
⭐⭐⭐⭐
Cheryl
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
It is Christmas time and Rita is planning on watching her teenage daughter in an outdoor play and entertain her mother, who isn't impressed with Santa Fe.Rita find a dead actor during the first performance. Getting involved will upset her mother and put them in danger but the wife of the suspect begs her to look into it. The book was ok, but it seemed rushed without enough time to really getting into the characters.
Susan
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rita is at it again and this time, Celia could be in danger. One of the actors in the Christmas pageant is murdered and Rita vows to make sure that Celia is safe. This one has Indian artifacts, Rita's mom and lots of tasty food to make you wish you could be in Santa Fe at Christmas, too.

The mystery is fun and the food sounds great and the added bonus is Flori and her wacky pals as they lend a hand...

a really fun read.
Shonda Franks
Dec 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
I dont want to give this book a terrible rating so im just going to say this. I read the first 3 chapters. Its not in my wheelhouse of comfort. I am trying to read a goal of 125 books by Jan 1 so I can not take the time to read books that I find tedious to complete. I have just been stopping when I realize its not holding my attention. For all I know its a lovely book.

Happy reading
Lauren E. Smith
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast-paced Holiday Mystery

This well-written holiday mystery takes place in Santa Fe., New Mexico. Rita, who moved here with her teenaged daughter, gets drawn into solving a mystery that involves attacks on town residents. She also gets closer to her mother who she's invited to come for a long visit. Great, fast-paced read!
Vicki Holmsten
Fun. Zippy writing, nice descriptions of Santa Fe at Christmas time, yummy food, funny/quirky sleuth with cast of more quirky characters. Good cozy mystery read
Alicia
Dec 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
A fun read for the long holiday weekend. The mystery was interesting and all of the characters were pretty likeable. I also enjoyed all the food references, especially around the holidays!
Heidi Burkhart
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the setting in the SW. It added a lot of interest to the story. Other than feeling that this cozy mystery was a little long it was entertaining.
Samantha
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
Summary from Goodreads:

"Holly, jolly, and downright deadly—the third Santa Fe Café mystery unwraps surprises both naughty and nice . . . It’s the most picturesque time of theyear in Santa Fe, and Chef Rita Lafitte of Tres Amigas Café hopes the twinkling lights and tasty holiday treats will charm her visiting mom. Rita is also planning fun activities, such as watching her teenage daughter, Celia, perform in an outdoor Christmas play.

What she doesn’t plan for is murder.

Rita discovers a dead actor
Amber Foxx
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This third installment in the Santa Fe Café mystery series is tightly plotted, funny, and as full of local color and eccentric characters as the others. Ann Myers does a great job with the flow of the series—neither too much nor too little backstory. It’s a delicate balance that not all series authors have mastered. A new reader could pick this up and not be lost, and someone who has followed the series can enjoy it without any sense of interruption.

Protagonist Rita Lafitte’s very conventional
Joan
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This cozy mystery was a delight to read. It has all the elements I require for a satisfying novel.

Reading this novel was my introduction to the Santa Fe Cafe series. This one takes place at the Christmas season. Chef Rita Lafitte of Tres Amigas Cafe is trying to entertain her mom, visiting from Minnesota. She's also keeping track of her teenage daughter performing in the outdoor Christmas play. When Rita discovers a dead actor during the first performance, she swears she is not going to investig
Sylvia McIvers
Fun book. Great mystery, I guessed a bad guy, I was almost right, and then there was a surprise twist.

Wonderful Santa Fe background. It seems respectful of the Native characters and themes, but I don't know enough to say for sure. Not blatantly gross, at any rate.
Also, I need chocolate cream pie with cayenne pepper RIGHT NOW.

Really well done family scenes, both up and down the generations.

Obligatory love triangle is mostly one hot boyfriend + Mom pushing an old flame.

My usual complaint about hol
Nancy
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting Christmas indeed! Someone killed the devil – at least one of them. Rita’s daughter, Celia, is still alive, but she may well be in danger.

The traditional Santa Fe Las Posadas and and Celia’s part in it is a surprise to Helen, Rita’s very conventional mother. Helen has the exact same Christmas every year. Until now, that is. Rita’s sister is spending Christmas at the beach, and Helen is here to celebrate a Santa Fe Christmas.

Toss in Las Posadas, a dead devil, an ex-husband, a bu
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
***3.5 Stars***

Reviewed at Brooke Blogs.

Feliz Navidead by Ann Myers is the third book in the Santa Fe Cafe mystery series. This cozy is set at Christmas and it was a joy to read. Rita's mother is in town, and I really liked her. Rita's daughter, Celia, is playing a devil in the outdoor Christmas play. When one of the devils winds up dead, and the others receive threatening notes, Rita finds herself embroiled in solving the mystery.

I liked reading this Southwestern-set cozy mystery. The setting
Cooper
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Clever and entertaining little holiday cozy mystery. This it the 3rd in the series but the first read for me. The family dynamics between Rita and her mother was rather amusing and for someone trying to stay out investigating murders, she does a lousy job of it...ha! Probably something her ex-husband would agree to.

I've never been to Santa Fe, but Ms. Myers description would definitely place the city on my bucket list. The characters are fun, the knitting group reminded me of a Golden Girls meet
Laura Reading
The holidays are supposed to be about Peace on Earth, families, kindness to others, respect and tolerance. Adding three devils to the nativity pageant seems strange enough to Rita's mother but when Rita discovers one of them dead, secrets begin to be revealed. This holiday cozy has everything you want. Mystery, challenging relationships, kooky senior citizens, knitting and a fickle donkey.
You'll gasp, you'll laugh, and you'll think you have it figured out but I think you may change your convicti
Kathleen
I did not read the other two in the series but found this a good standalone book. I live in the southwest and could enjoy the fond memories the scenery and meal descriptions invoke. I enjoyed learning about the Christmas holiday season from the New Mexico tradition. Plus it was a well written mystery with good characters. Will be checking out the first two stories in the series. Mr Peppers was a hoot and typical of a burro.
Sue E
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in the series...

I love this book as much as the first two! Writers who not only tell a great story, but are descriptive with both the scenery and atmosphere of the characters environment is hard to come by anymore. I always feel like I'm right there and have a pretty good visual image of what's happening on the pages that I'm reading . Can't wait for the next one.
Linda
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love this series! Another winner! Keep them coming, Ann!
Brenda Schneider
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great characters. Enjoyed the plot.
Michele
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery, holiday
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars
Mary
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
A lovely read for Christmases! As I sit broiling in 60° Oklahoma, it is so nice to imagine oneself in Santa Fe while a murder is committed. I intend to make Meyer's Posole recipe later this week.
Alice King
Jan 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
A cooking mystery, not my usual fair but it was a Christmas mystery
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Santa Fe Cafe Mystery (3 books)
  • Bread of the Dead (Santa Fe Cafe Mystery, #1)
  • Cinco de Mayhem (Santa Fe Cafe Mystery, #2)