Start by marking “The Terrible Two Go Wild (The Terrible Two, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Terrible Two Go Wild (The Terrible Two, #3)

The Terrible Two Go Wild

(The Terrible Two #3)

Everyones favorite pranksters are at it again! Schools out, and Miles and Niles are running wild in the woods outside town: climbing trees, exploring caves, and, yes, pranking. But these leafy, lazy days of mischief darken when bully Josh Barkin and his cadets from a nearby kids boot camp discover the merrymakersand vow to destroy them. Are our heroes sharp minds any match ...more
Published January 9th 2018 by Harry N. Abrams

Start your review of The Terrible Two Go Wild (The Terrible Two, #3)
Eileen
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-to-buy
My favorite book in the series, which is saying a lot because it's a fantastic series!
Amber Scaife
Mar 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Charlie's latest nightly read-aloud selection. I didn't love this one as much as the others in the series, but it was still a hoot.
Brenda
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
In the newest book, Niles and Miles have set up their secret summer headquarters in a cave within the Yawnee Valley Regional Park and Outdoor Recreational Area. Nearby, Josh Barkin, principal Barkin's son is a camp counselor at the Yawnee Valley Yelling and Push-Ups Camp. Josh runs Papa Company, where he whips his cadets, twins Splinters and Mudflap into shape. The pranks in the series are meant to be over the top, usually with very little consequences and are also meant to be light and fun. ...more
Liz
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
This book series is so much fun, especially as a quick listen in the car.
Lani
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, audio-book
My 10 year old son and I really enjoy this series. We love the pranks Miles and Niles play on Principal Barkin and now Josh Barkin! We hope there are more to come.
Natalia_c1
The Terrible Two Go Wild is a really funny book. It's about two boys that pull pranks on a boy and their principle. This book is very funny and gives you pointer on pranking people. If you like to read funny and realistic fiction then this is the book for you.
Theresa Grissom
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 5th, 4th, 3rd
The students at school enjoy this hilarious series. Can't wait to introduce this 3rd installment!
Jonathan
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this one just as much as the other two, which is a lot! There are so many different types of humor mixed in, from slapstick, puns, riddles, and sarcasm, it's bound to make everyone chuckle at some point (if not completely laugh out loud). Another big aspect of all of the books in this series are the lessons they teach and "Go Wild" is not lacking in that field. Although it is approached in a humorous way, the issue of bullying is addressed in a heartfelt (and funny) way.

This series is
Ms. Yingling
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Library copy

Niles and Miles are on summer break, and they are spending most of their time spying on Josh Barkin, who is at the Yawnee Valley Yelling and Push- Ups Camp with several of his friends. He was originally sent to the camp as punishment, but it fit his warped personality. His father, Principal Barkin, loves to hike and camp as well, but he can't go with Josh, and his wife has also declined, so he is spending his time away from his office wandering in the same woods. Miles and Niles
Sarah FitzHenry
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
What do two epic school pranksters, known for driving their principal nuts and running their school building, do when class lets out for the summer? They take their pranking off the grid, of course! Miles and Niles, otherwise known as the Terrible Two, are back in the third installment of the series. This time, The Terrible Two and their nemeses (I had to Google how to make that plural) have the wild woods of a childhood summer as the backdrop for their planning, scheming, and joking. The ...more
Mikey Golczynski
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's my favorite middle grade book series. I don't really have the words to describe how it's written, but it just speaks to me. I love how the dynamic between Barkin and the boys has shifted. It has helped from turning this into a one note joke. Barkin's development in general is great. He has issues with his son, and vice versa. We learn more about the Terrible Two, we get a better sense of how intense Niles can be as he grows up. We learn more about Miles' insecurity towards his friend's ...more
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid-stuff
Since the titular Two are in full summer vacation mode, their target has shifted from their usual inept blustering principal to his blowhard scowling son. They even form a truce of sorts with the woods-wandering principal, recognizing his loneliness and mellowed nature and pranking him in an inclusive way that lets him in on the joke. But the prank plans directed at the son just felt more mean-spirited and full of potential danger. It's supposed to be hilarious and cathartic when he gets his ...more
Brenda
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I wasn't sure how I felt about this series. I liked the surprise in the first book. I thought the second was mean and I didn't want kids to feel as though that type of behavior was okay. But the third one (notice I kept reading them) gives you a lot to think about. Friendship, feelings of self worth, power, leadership and these themes are explored through the actions, choices and wonderings of both child and adult characters. I've got the 4th in my to-be-read pile. I'll read it soon - I've got ...more
Kendal
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
These are great books. Read them with your kids. They go much deeper than the 'two prankster kids hang out together' premise. These books explore themes of ethics, personal responsibility, & abuse of power(and how to resist abusive power) , but never in a heavy handed or boring manner.

There is also a lot cultural art & literary references that give you a chance to discuss the sources with your kids. I have read the first three books aloud to my kids and every time they mention Niles
Pam
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grades
The writing remains clever but the humor takes a darker turn between the peers in this volume. Summertime changes the dynamics for all of the relationships as the Two take on Josh Barkin again and we see more cruelty from both the "bully" and the pranksters. An interesting side story is the connection forming between Principal Barkin and Niles and Miles during off school time.
Middle readers will enjoy the humor in this series. I do look forward to the next book in the series.
Rick Santos
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and cool read

It was an amazing read. Funny,smart,cool,and original I wood totally recommend this book and me and my friends totally loved it 💗👍
^
( The joke is it took place in a forest 😜😂)-----------------
Natalia
This was a fun short read. I should say that I liked previous 2 books better with the 1st one being my favorite. I feel there is not enough of principal Barkin there and not that many characters other than the main characters of the story. However the pranks were delightful and the prose was pleasure to read. I thought is was good enough, although I expected more after such a long wait.
Earl
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The dynamic duo is back and defending the reputation of pranksters against a camp bully. I love how the series can be first and foremost funny and then poignant. It's not just a summer of jokes- although there are lots of laughs to be had- but a time of growing up, a coming of age between two friends. While I enjoy the illustrations, I would love it if the books had less of them if it means more- and faster- stories!
Anna
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
After the previous books, this one felt like a letdown when most of the attention went to a side character.
The series seems to work better in a school setting although the further development of Principal Barkin and the pranking duo will be interesting to see now that his strict edge had worn down.

Also the side romance was unexpected but those characters work well.
Emily Ross
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, how does this series just keep getting better???!!! I love the terrible two and Principal Barkin, the summer was an excellent setting. I hope we get to see more of them back at school soon!
Steph
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I LOVE THE TERRIBLE TWO! What crafty work Jory John an Mac Barnett have done. Such a unique duo (Both Jory/Mac AND Miles/Niles!) Thrilled to see that this series continues to be creative, quirky, and smart!
Erica
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's summer time and Nyles and Myles are still a little prank happy. What happens when school is out though, who will they prank? Josh Barkin makes it much to easy, especially out in the good ol' woods of Yawnee Valley. Who will win "the prank war"?
Kevin W
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
While Principal Barkin continues to become more lovable and hilarious (and there are plenty of other funny moments throughout), the book as a whole felt a bit lacking in overall story. Looking forward to the next installment, as the characters are still a lot of fun to spend time with.
Miss Erica
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lance Benoit
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not my favorite of the three books but still a good read. Story line was a bit slower than previous books. I hope there is a forth book in this series in the future to see where Miles and Niles goes next with the pranks.
Mary Thomas
Another good one. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the acronyms and made-up words, but it was very humorous. It took me longer to read than the other two, but I think that's because I had a hard copy instead of the Kindle (which I can more easily access while holding a baby!).
Mighty
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Again, Mac Barnett does a great job. Although the main characters did not develop much in this book, Principal Barkin's character was developed more. These books are great. I won't say any more to avoid spoilers.
JoEllen
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
So happy to see that this series continues their pranks and adventures through a summer setting. Fans will love. More laughs and smiles for these friends. Bonus play on words with Josh's obsession with acronyms. Lol
Gigi
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I think if it were up to my kids, this series would get more stars. I liked them well enough to read them all to my kids, but this isnt the type of story I would read on my own (and, yes, I do read children/YA fiction). Still like the theme of friendship that all these stories circle around. ...more
Ligia Boyd
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely better than the second in the series, and a close call between first and third- felt it expanded the characters in a great way, outside of the confines of the school setting- great summer read!
« previous 1 3 next »

• I Funny TV: A Middle School Story (I Funny, #4)
  • I Totally Funniest: A Middle School Story (I Funny, #3)
  • I Funny: School of Laughs: (I Funny, #5)
  • The Nerdiest, Wimpiest, Dorkiest I Funny Ever (I Funny, #6)
  • Waste of Space (Moon Base Alpha, #3)
  • Spy School (Spy School, #1)
  • Spy Camp (Spy School #2)
  • Spy School Goes South (Spy School, #6)
  • Big Nate Blasts Off (Big Nate Novels, #8)
  • My Life as a Book (My Life, #1)
  • Spy School British Invasion (Spy School #7)
  • Dog Diaries (Dog Diaries, #1)
  • Max and the Midknights
  • Supergifted (Ungifted, #2)
  • Big Nate Lives It Up (Big Nate Novels, #7)
  • Big Nate: Payback Time!
  • Quest for the City of Gold (Treasure Hunters, #5)
  • The 78-Storey Treehouse
Born to non-farmers in a California farming community, Mac Barnett now lives near San Francisco. He's on the board of directors of 826LA, a nonprofit writing center for students in Los Angeles, and he founded the Echo Park Time Travel Mart, a convenience store for time travelers.

The Terrible Two (4 books)
  • The Terrible Two (The Terrible Two, #1)
  • The Terrible Two Get Worse (The Terrible Two, #2)
  • The Terrible Two's Last Laugh (The Terrible Two, #4)

Related Articles

“Is RECON another acronym?” asked Mudflap. (RECON is not an acronym. It’s short for reconnaissance, because reconnaissance is a tough word to spell correctly.) “Um,” said Josh. “Yes. Yes, RECON is an acronym. Now—” “What does it stand for?” asked Splinters. Josh sighed. “Well . . . it . . . stands for . . .” Josh stared at the ceiling of his barracks. He felt instinctively that this was an important test of his leadership. Josh firmly believed that good leaders never admit when they don’t know something. And the fact was, Josh didn’t know what this acronym stood for. (Again, it wasn’t an acronym.) He began to blush a pale plum color. This was a tough spot. What could he do? “RECON stands for . . . Really . . .” He was off to a good start! “Enormous . . . Counterstrike . . .” O. O. O. “On . . .” Aha! Josh was almost there. He screwed up his eyes and willed all his blood to his brain. Josh’s face darkened and became the shade of a turnip. Just one letter left! His eyes lit up. The word came to him like a gift from his ancestors, inscribed in his mind with the ballpoint pen of principals past. “NIMBUSES!” 0 likes
“Summertime is here again. School principals are free. The birds are singing in the trees And so are the school principals. Not in the trees, but on the ground. School principals cannot fly.” 0 likes