Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Terrible Two Go Wild (The Terrible Two, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Terrible Two Go Wild (The Terrible Two, #3)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Terrible Two Go Wild

(The Terrible Two #3)

by
4.20  ·  Rating details ·  528 ratings  ·  80 reviews
Everyone’s favorite pranksters are at it again! School’s out, and Miles and Niles are running wild in the woods outside town: climbing trees, exploring caves, and, yes, pranking. But these leafy, lazy days of mischief darken when bully Josh Barkin and his cadets from a nearby kids’ boot camp discover the merrymakers—and vow to destroy them. Are our heroes’ sharp minds any ...more
Hardcover, 224 pages
Published January 9th 2018 by Harry N. Abrams
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Community Reviews

Showing 1-30
4.20  · 
Rating details
 ·  528 ratings  ·  80 reviews


More filters
 | 
Sort order
Eileen
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-to-buy
The best by far. (But not very far because this whole series is awesome.) Everything about this book is wonderful and good.

I finished reading it, and I wanted to start reading it again immediately. The worst part about this book is that there isn't more to it. They need to write about eleven more books for this series before I'll be satisfied, and even then, no guarantees.

Since this book takes place over summer vacation, it can be read out of order without confusing the reader, although it will
...more
Brenda
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
In the newest book, Niles and Miles have set up their secret summer headquarters in a cave within the Yawnee Valley Regional Park and Outdoor Recreational Area. Nearby, Josh Barkin, principal Barkin's son is a camp counselor at the Yawnee Valley Yelling and Push-Ups Camp. Josh runs Papa Company, where he whips his cadets, twins Splinters and Mudflap into shape. The pranks in the series are meant to be over the top, usually with very little consequences and are also meant to be light and fun. Nil ...more
Immie
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Miles & Niles, die beiden Trickser, die sich selber die Schrecklichen Zwei nennen, haben Sommerferien. Und diese Ferien verbringen sie im Wald, wo sie in einer Höhle ihr Trickserhauptquartier eingerichtet haben. Doch in ihrem Wald sind sie nicht allein.
Zunächst einmal verbringt ihr Erzfeind Josh Barkin, Sohn des Schulleiters Barkin, dort ebenfalls seine freie Zeit. Im Yawnee-Valley-Drillen-und Ducken-Camp soll er alles zum Thema Drillen und Ducken lernen, was ihm nicht nur große Freude bere
...more
Liz
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
This book series is so much fun, especially as a quick listen in the car.
Lani
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book, childrens
My 10 year old son and I really enjoy this series. We love the pranks Miles and Niles play on Principal Barkin and now Josh Barkin! We hope there are more to come.
Natalia_c1
The Terrible Two Go Wild is a really funny book. It's about two boys that pull pranks on a boy and their principle. This book is very funny and gives you pointer on pranking people. If you like to read funny and realistic fiction then this is the book for you.
Theresa Grissom
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3rd, 4th, 5th
The students at school enjoy this hilarious series. Can't wait to introduce this 3rd installment!
Sally_skellington
Meine Meinung
Vorab möchte ich zuerst sagen, ich kannte die ersten beiden Teile der Reihe nicht. Dies ist aber überhaupt kein Problem, auch wenn es die eine oder andere Anspielung zu den vorherigen Bänden gab.

Die beiden Jung Miles und Niles sind sehr unterschiedlich und trotzdem sind sie beste Freunde. Sie erleben in diesem Buch ein Sommerferien-Abenteuer, das sich jedes Kind einfach nur wünschen kann.
Die beiden sind mir direkt ans Herz gewachsen, die beiden haben echt Witz, Sympathie und wirkl
...more
Åsmund Ådnøy
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dette er hittil siste bok om Miles og Niles, så denne omtalen er en oppsummering av serien til nå. Jeg har lest dem i sommerferien, og blitt stor fan. Med enkelte små forbehold.

Miles flytter til Slumredal, og prøver å bli skolens største pøbel. Det viser seg at Niles allerede har denne posisjonen, men undercover - hans rolle på skolen er å være gullgutt og tillitselev. Serien skildrer forholdet mellom guttene, og deres påfunn.

Jeg liker et godt påfunn i barnebøker, som Emil. Andre blir mer slitso
...more
Eva-Maria Obermann
Nach zwei Schuljahren endlich einmal Sommerferien. Das haben Miles und Niles sich auch redlich verdient. Dass nicht nur ihr Erzfeind Josh Barkin, sondern auch sein Vater wieder eine wichtige Rolle spielt, erzeugt einen roten Faden durch die verschiedenen Bände. Gripps gegen Muckis, Freundschaft gegen Mobbing, sogar romantisch wird es diesmal. Miles und Niles entwickeln sich also weiter, was ich sehr toll finde. Viele Kinderbücher bleiben mit den ewig gleichen Charakteren stehen, hier geht es wei ...more
Jonathan
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this one just as much as the other two, which is a lot! There are so many different types of humor mixed in, from slapstick, puns, riddles, and sarcasm, it's bound to make everyone chuckle at some point (if not completely laugh out loud). Another big aspect of all of the books in this series are the lessons they teach and "Go Wild" is not lacking in that field. Although it is approached in a humorous way, the issue of bullying is addressed in a heartfelt (and funny) way.

This series is on
...more
Ms. Yingling
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Library copy

Niles and Miles are on summer break, and they are spending most of their time spying on Josh Barkin, who is at the Yawnee Valley Yelling and Push- Ups Camp with several of his friends. He was originally sent to the camp as punishment, but it fit his warped personality. His father, Principal Barkin, loves to hike and camp as well, but he can't go with Josh, and his wife has also declined, so he is spending his time away from his office wandering in the same woods. Miles and Niles hav
...more
Mikey Golczynski
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's my favorite middle grade book series. I don't really have the words to describe how it's written, but it just speaks to me. I love how the dynamic between Barkin and the boys has shifted. It has helped from turning this into a one note joke. Barkin's development in general is great. He has issues with his son, and vice versa. We learn more about the Terrible Two, we get a better sense of how intense Niles can be as he grows up. We learn more about Miles' insecurity towards his friend's inte ...more
Laura
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid-stuff
Since the titular Two are in full summer vacation mode, their target has shifted from their usual inept blustering principal to his blowhard scowling son. They even form a truce of sorts with the woods-wandering principal, recognizing his loneliness and mellowed nature and pranking him in an inclusive way that lets him in on the joke. But the prank plans directed at the son just felt more mean-spirited and full of potential danger. It's supposed to be hilarious and cathartic when he gets his com ...more
Brenda
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I wasn't sure how I felt about this series. I liked the surprise in the first book. I thought the second was mean and I didn't want kids to feel as though that type of behavior was okay. But the third one (notice I kept reading them) gives you a lot to think about. Friendship, feelings of self worth, power, leadership and these themes are explored through the actions, choices and wonderings of both child and adult characters. I've got the 4th in my to-be-read pile. I'll read it soon - I've got s ...more
Pam
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grades
The writing remains clever but the humor takes a darker turn between the peers in this volume. Summertime changes the dynamics for all of the relationships as the Two take on Josh Barkin again and we see more cruelty from both the "bully" and the pranksters. An interesting side story is the connection forming between Principal Barkin and Niles and Miles during off school time.
Middle readers will enjoy the humor in this series. I do look forward to the next book in the series.
Rick Santos
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and cool read

It was an amazing read. Funny,smart,cool,and original I wood totally recommend this book and me and my friends totally loved it 💗👍
^
|
( The joke is it took place in a forest 😜😂)-----------------
Natalia
This was a fun short read. I should say that I liked previous 2 books better with the 1st one being my favorite. I feel there is not enough of principal Barkin there and not that many characters other than the main characters of the story. However the pranks were delightful and the prose was pleasure to read. I thought is was good enough, although I expected more after such a long wait.
Anna
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
After the previous books, this one felt like a letdown when most of the attention went to a side character.
The series seems to work better in a school setting although the further development of Principal Barkin and the pranking duo will be interesting to see now that his strict edge had worn down.

Also the side romance was unexpected but those characters work well.
Earl
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The dynamic duo is back and defending the reputation of pranksters against a camp bully. I love how the series can be first and foremost funny and then poignant. It's not just a summer of jokes- although there are lots of laughs to be had- but a time of growing up, a coming of age between two friends. While I enjoy the illustrations, I would love it if the books had less of them if it means more- and faster- stories!
Steph
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I LOVE THE TERRIBLE TWO! What crafty work Jory John an Mac Barnett have done. Such a unique duo (Both Jory/Mac AND Miles/Niles!) Thrilled to see that this series continues to be creative, quirky, and smart!
Lance Benoit
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not my favorite of the three books but still a good read. Story line was a bit slower than previous books. I hope there is a forth book in this series in the future to see where Miles and Niles goes next with the pranks.
Ligia Boyd
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely better than the second in the series, and a close call between first and third- felt it expanded the characters in a great way, outside of the confines of the school setting- great summer read!
Emily Ross
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, how does this series just keep getting better???!!! I love the terrible two and Principal Barkin, the summer was an excellent setting. I hope we get to see more of them back at school soon!
Kevin W
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
While Principal Barkin continues to become more lovable and hilarious (and there are plenty of other funny moments throughout), the book as a whole felt a bit lacking in overall story. Looking forward to the next installment, as the characters are still a lot of fun to spend time with.
JoEllen
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
So happy to see that this series continues their pranks and adventures through a summer setting. Fans will love. More laughs and smiles for these friends. Bonus play on words with Josh's obsession with acronyms. Lol
Mighty
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Again, Mac Barnett does a great job. Although the main characters did not develop much in this book, Principal Barkin's character was developed more. These books are great. I won't say any more to avoid spoilers.
Mary Thomas
Another good one. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the acronyms and made-up words, but it was very humorous. It took me longer to read than the other two, but I think that's because I had a hard copy instead of the Kindle (which I can more easily access while holding a baby!).
Mrs. Downs
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's summer time and Nyles and Myles are still a little prank happy. What happens when school is out though, who will they prank? Josh Barkin makes it much to easy, especially out in the good ol' woods of Yawnee Valley. Who will win "the prank war"?
Erica
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's summer time and Nyles and Myles are still a little prank happy. What happens when school is out though, who will they prank? Josh Barkin makes it much to easy, especially out in the good ol' woods of Yawnee Valley. Who will win "the prank war"?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »

Readers also enjoyed

  • Enemy Spy (Shredderman, #4)
  • Up on Cloud Nine
  • Mac Undercover (Mac B., Kid Spy #1)
  • Big Trouble (Friday Barnes #3)
  • Applesauce Weather
  • Hip, Hip, Hooray! for Annie McRae
  • Little Apocalypse
  • The Ministry of S.U.I.T.S
  • Detention of Doom (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #3)
  • Steven Universe and the Crystal Gems
  • Baghead
  • I Hate Picture Books!
  • Just a Donkey Like You and Me (Ariol #1)
  • Smek for President! (Smek, #2)
  • The Perilous Princess Plot (Buckle and Squash #1)
  • The 14 Fibs of Gregory K.
  • Dash (Dogs of World War II)
  • Science Comics: Coral Reefs: Cities of the Ocean
See similar books…

Other books in the series

The Terrible Two (4 books)
  • The Terrible Two (The Terrible Two, #1)
  • The Terrible Two Get Worse (The Terrible Two, #2)
  • The Terrible Two's Last Laugh (The Terrible Two, #4)
“Is RECON another acronym?” asked Mudflap. (RECON is not an acronym. It’s short for reconnaissance, because reconnaissance is a tough word to spell correctly.) “Um,” said Josh. “Yes. Yes, RECON is an acronym. Now—” “What does it stand for?” asked Splinters. Josh sighed. “Well . . . it . . . stands for . . .” Josh stared at the ceiling of his barracks. He felt instinctively that this was an important test of his leadership. Josh firmly believed that good leaders never admit when they don’t know something. And the fact was, Josh didn’t know what this acronym stood for. (Again, it wasn’t an acronym.) He began to blush a pale plum color. This was a tough spot. What could he do? “RECON stands for . . . Really . . .” He was off to a good start! “Enormous . . . Counterstrike . . .” O. O. O. “On . . .” Aha! Josh was almost there. He screwed up his eyes and willed all his blood to his brain. Josh’s face darkened and became the shade of a turnip. Just one letter left! His eyes lit up. The word came to him like a gift from his ancestors, inscribed in his mind with the ballpoint pen of principals past. “NIMBUSES!” 0 likes
“Summertime is here again. School principals are free. The birds are singing in the trees And so are the school principals. Not in the trees, but on the ground. School principals cannot fly.” 0 likes
More quotes…