Start by marking “Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay” as Want to Read:
Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay (Teachings of Presidents of the Church)

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  729 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Published 2003 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

To ask other readers questions about Teachings of Presidents of the Church, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teachings of Presidents of the Church

Brian
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love the stories from the lives of the great men that have led the church in this last dispensation. Pres. McKay was half-Welsh/half-Scottish and played football for the University of Utah. Reading about Pres. McKay made me feel like Nephi in Helamen 7:7. "Oh, that I could have had my days in (those) days".
Layne
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
Another excellent study guide.
Dad
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds
This served as an excellent text for lessons twice monthly in the Melchizedek Priesthood classes. I enjoyed them very much.
Pres. McKay was the president of the Church from the time I was born until I was 16 years old. Like the assassination of John F. Kennedy, when people remember where you were when you heard it, I remember where I was when I heard that David O. McKay died. I was sitting on the heater near the Roy 8th Ward clerk's office after Priesthood Meeting talking with two friends, one o
Daniel Clark
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing man, and prophet as well. This guy had the whole package--when people met him they could feel he was a prophet, and I love his ideas about our thoughts radiating outward, influencing in some degree the entire world. That is as good a reason as any to think wholesomely. His conviction of the life and Atonement of Jesus Christ are the highlight of his ministry, which is nicely reflected in this book.
Katie
Jun 21, 2013 rated it liked it
It's always inspiring to read the words of former prophets of the church. President McKay served from 1951-1970. There were several lessons in this compilation I enjoyed. A few of my favorites were his thoughts on "The power of prayer," "Priesthood, the Responsibility to Represent God," "Experiencing Happiness in Marriage," and "Agency and Responsibility." President McKay often preached with a softer tone, which I appreciated as I read.
Cheryl
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great prophet
Elaine
Jul 11, 2015 rated it liked it
As one would expect, there are some gems in here, but I think I'm going to have to hope that during my next reading of this, I'll be better prepared for its messages.
LaSchelle
Mar 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: church-religion
I was able to teach a number of these lessons. I really enjoyed learning more about this prophet who lead the church for quite a long period.
Marilyn
Apr 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I remember David O. McKay wearing a white suit. As a young girl I was touched by his devotion to his wife. I love this prophet and man!
Heidi-Marie
Feb 22, 2008 marked it as to-read
Shame on me. I didn't follow along with the RS lessons while I was teaching in Young Women. My copy looks veritably new. I'm going to have to change that.
Shauna
Paul
Mar 19, 2008
  • Discourses of President Gordon B. Hinckley, Vol. 1: 1995-1999
  • Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • Discourses of Brigham Young: Second President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  • A New Witness for the Articles of Faith
  • Gospel Doctrine: Sermons and Writings of President Joseph F. Smith (Classics in Mormon Literature)
  • The House of the Lord: A Study of Holy Sanctuaries Ancient and Modern
  • Faith Precedes the Miracle
  • The Lord's Way
  • Joseph Smith the Prophet
  • Teach Ye Diligently

Teachings of Presidents of the Church (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith