Start by marking “Watercolour Smile (Seraph Black, #2)” as Want to Read:
Watercolour Smile (Seraph Black, #2)

Read Book

Watercolour Smile

(Seraph Black #2)

“Maybe I was stupid to have agreed to this, but when all of the options that you have in life are dangerous ones, you can only choose to do something reckless, or turn a blind eye and allow the cards to fall as they may… and I was sick of being blind.”

Seraph Black has endured a vicious stalker, a change of schools, a bonding, a triple-murder, and more than her fair share o
Published February 29th 2016

Helen 2.0
2.5 stars.
What a rare surprise for a YA series - book 2 was better than book 1! (ok, so I gave book 1 a single star... this still counts as an improvement.)

Some things haven't changed. Seph is still the special-est of special snowflakes, everybody still worships every cell in her perfect body, and the relationship dynamics are still iffy at best. Massively abusive at worst.

But now we have plenty of interesting story to balance the negatives.
Liiiiiike:
-Silas
-Zevgheri intrigue & politics
-ins
Sh3lly
FIRST READ NOVEMBER 2017: ★★★★★
SECOND READ JULY 2018: ★★★★★

I don't really have any new thoughts except I loved it just as much! This one has the hotinfamous hotel scene with Silas. SWOON! And the beach inlet scene. SWOON! And the love bites. SWOON! lol

Still a fangirl. In the Seraph Black bubble.

Previous review:

Book two of a series actually didn't suck! SCORE! SO, I view this one as the New Moon of the series. You know, when the author throws some angst in there, tries to take away the romantic l
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and I couldn't wait to read this one. I liked the main characters and I was excited to see the relationships develop in the second book. Sadly, that is not what happened. If anything most of the relationships seemed stunted. It was extremely frustrating to read. Questions that you are hoping to get answers to in this book don't really get answered. You are just left with more questions for the most part. Despite that, I was mostly enjoying this boo ...more
Rhema PHILIP
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy shit. I cannot believe that just happened. When I started reading this book I was honestly trying to figure out how this would go. I thought the storyline would be easy enough, typically bad guy/protect the girl stuff and it sort of started that way at first, easy enough with scenes from every girl's not so serious pervy fantasy and the background plot. but noooo it turned out to be a complete and utter mind fuck, especially if your half way through. it'll get you utterly frustrated (especi ...more
Kriss
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Watercolor Smile picks up right where Charcoal Tears ends and behaves much like another installment of a serial instead of a separate arc of the same tale, expanding upon the things we were teased about in book #1 and revealing some bigger pieces of the puzzle surrounding the antagonizing factors of the story and how all these things are connected.

It’s actually kind of hard to write a review about this one without any spoilers, since the book doesn’t want to reveal major plot points even in its
Rhea_Sways
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: angsty-tingss
My thoughts about this book are similar to those of the first book..
refer to this

I believe this book was more heavily focused on developing the relationships and characters and roles of the individuals thats the author had previously introduced to us.

I enjoyed the same writing style of the author however, I do believe this book included more dark matter as well as melancholy. The writing and world building was ever as confusing before..
Some of my questions were answered however I have new ones
Gwen
****WARNING - Prepare for GIF overload ****
Hey look there, is that a bird, is it a plane or is it...... yes it is, it's that damn flock of flying pigs!!! this seriously not funny anymore - I think I am being stalked by Bacon...

Well where were we?- yes another 4 stars for a YA book, I know, I know, this is two in a row and it's starting to look like a Black Swan event and a sure sign of the end of the world, but let's not worry about that and concentrate on my review.
I must admit I didn't start
Lburt
May 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
So I enjoyed book one of this series but it left a lot of questions unanswered. So when this book came out I jumped at the chance to read it. I'm so frustrated with this book. First it just goes around in circles. She keeps pushing the boys away but I don't even understand why. Then between Weston and her Stalker with no real answers and just confusion. Nobody ever tells her anything. I'm
So confused. Then with memory loss thing. Omg! Sure why don't we just start over again! I'm literally getting
Maria Dimitrova
Why do I always like the sociopaths?
This was the question that haunted my mind throughout the series. Usually I like the reverse harem trope and I cheer for all the guys more or less equally. However, this time I have a major preference for one of the guys and of course it has to be the brooding mass murderer.

What surprised me most is that we get character growth. Most of these type of books have almost no character development, especially when it comes to the female lead. Once she falls in lo
Jasmine
After finishing this book I'm almost at a loss for words. Because it was everything I could have hoped for and more.
And also because it ripped my heart out a few times and, as if that wasn't enough, shoved it in an incinerator, sending me in a cycle of never ending pain.
You don't do that to someone's heart.
And now I have a Silas-size hole in said damaged heart, in my aching head, and in my wounded soul. It's a pretty big hole in case you're wondering.

Anyway.
I'm not gonna lie-- underneath the ex
⭐️KasiaTopia⭐️
THAT LAST CHAPTER JUST MADE ME SO SAD
description
K.S. Marsden
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Despite leaving her abusive father, and escaping her violent stalker, Seraph's life is only getting more dangerous. She has to hide her powers, and hide her growing connection to the four guys that would do anything to protect her.

I received a free copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

First of all, let me say that this all comes down to a matter of taste. The book itself is well-written, and I can see why it's popular. It just didn't do it for me.

The premise is interesting - Sera
Ree
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Princess J. Antoinette
I'm not sure how I feel about this book... I mean the 1st installment of this series was good. The author held me captive with the main characters and the storyline that I was excited to read this book (the 2nd installment) but I don't know what happened in the middle of this book, it's like the author went totally left with the storyline, which I must say I'm quite disappointed about it.

Well since I've started this series I might as well continue reading unto the 3rd book of this series and ho
Sharon
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
The sequel to Charcoal Tears is quite possibly even more fantastical as Seraph grows in her confidence and strange super powers.

Along for the ride are some hilarious support characters including Poison and Clarin who provide some comic relief in an otherwise intense story.

Meanwhile the mysterious stalker continues to threaten Seraph's new life, and even the four guys fated as her "pairs" are unable to protect her.
Rhiannon Chillingworth
This wavered between 2 and 3 starts for me and I didn't like it as much as the first.

Way too much bond/connection/sort-of-romance-but-not drama-rama.

I also consider myself a reasonably intelligent person, but I feel so much of this book just didn't make sense. It felt like a bit of a mess, plot wise.

It also feels even more absurd that the men, in fact everyone, in this damn series are so pointlessly secretive with each other. I mean, the whole situation is pretty much totally fucked up by the en
Suzana Thompson
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Free copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I liked the first book so much that I was both excited and wary to read this one. I'm not a big fan of series books, because most of them lose steam for me the further I get into them. That did not happen here, and my excitement for the series actually increased with this second book. Many authors drag their stories out with filler to lengthen them enough to fill several books. I expected at least a little bit of filler here, but
Ryouko
Holy shit!
So much going on.
So many answered questions only to raise so many more.
So much hate for
so many assholes.
So much betrayal.
So much fucking love for Silas!
So many revenge plots I have in my head.
So many emotions right now.
So much dreading the wait for number three.
Denisse Ambrosio
Silas... Jesus ...
Kate Fischer
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!! Is it too soon for an expected release date on Lead Heart???
Iris (Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews)
Amazing ya.... Cliff hanger ending tho.... Cant wait for the next installment
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
Excuse me as I pen a letter full of feels intended for the cruel author of this here novel.
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
SERAPH BLACK series - This one is definitely more YA, with god-like gifts being bestowed upon mere mortals. It's not really mythology-based, but the Zev society hidden among humans does have its own mythology, if that makes sense. The summaries for these books just do not do them justice. They are a thing unto themselves and it only gets crazier as the series progresses.

Charcoal Tears - So, after trying several reverse harem stories and ultimately being disappointed by each, I wasn't expecting m
Maddison Dru
I take back what I said in my review of the first book! And Ima go edit that booger to include that. I was wrong. I can admit when I'm wrong, I'm a big girl like that.

This is NOT AN ACADEMY RIP OFF! I repeat NOT AN ACADEMY RIP OFF!!!

This series is leaps and bounds different and infinitely better. The plot is WOW. Sooooo much more thought out and intricate. The twists, the turns; YASSS GOOD STUFF.

Seraph is a strong heroine without being obnoxious about it. The guys are so unique and I love the
Dianne
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It would seem that life and its warped sense of humor isn’t finished with Seraph yet, aren’t surviving stalkers, murders and bonding enough to dish out to any teen? The messenger isn’t finished with her, and he is back with wicked poetry, threats and worse, as Seraph’s life continues to be ground up and pulverized like yesterday’s bad fish. The boys are there, but something has happened, as if they have been brainwashed not to believe in her, but why and by whom? Just when she needs all of the p ...more
Dana
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites, paranormal
"Even if I closed my eyes and pretended it was you, it'd be like a cocaine-addict shooting up with water—"
"Super weird analogy," Cabe interjected.

You're still keeping secrets Jane. I think you're worse than the Adairs.
I've reread that scene at the cove multiple times now; I even tried looking in between the lines. Then I finished the book and had to go straight back to read it again. I don't know why I'm so hung up on that scene, it's not the most known pivotal event in Watercolour Smile. But
Sam
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

When I read Jane Washington's books, as soon as I sit down and start reading, I immediately get sucked into the world she is writing about, which is a great feeling.
I really, really loved this book, even though a few times certain things happened to rip my heart into shreds and just feel horrible for Seph. Which admittedly, I liked, because it made for a better story. I really loved the secondary characters Poison and Clarin, we ge
Bella
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

What an unexpected surprise this book was! It’s been so long since I read the first book in this series that I almost forgot it existed. But alas… book two is finally out! And it was AWESOME.

I love reverse harem books (there aren’t enough of them in the world). Seraph and all her guys make for addictive reading, and I’m loving the dynamics that are happening between them all.

There were so many unexpected surprises throughout this story! My mind was spinning at all the thing
  • Electric Moon (Raven Investigations, #2)
  • Crescent Moon (Phoebe Harkness, #2)
  • Necromancing Nim (Necromancing Nim, #1)
  • Battle Cry (Loki's Wolves, #3)
  • War Witch
  • Destruction's Ascent (Dragon Ridden Chronicles, #3)
  • Of Scions and Men
  • The First Time in Forever (Songbird Series, #1)
  • Reign of the Vampires (The Society #1)
  • Solatium (Emanations #2)
  • Black As Night (Quentin Black Mystery #2)
  • Angel Blackwood (FairyTales Don't Exist, #2)
  • Heart of Fire (Alice Worth #2)
  • Outlaw: A Dark Fantasy Novel
  • Beta (War of the Alphas, #2)
  • Between Jobs (The City Between, #1)
  • Pyxis (The Stardust Series, #3)
  • Keeping My Pack (My Pack, #2)
Jane is a caffeine-addicted manic stuffed into the body of a passably-functioning human being. She also happens to be a Wall Street Journal bestselling author, and has sold over a million ebooks worldwide. Living in Australia with a few cacti and a miniature dachshund [see: dictator], she spends her time writing books … and then telling everyone not to read them.

Seraph Black (4 books)
  • Charcoal Tears (Seraph Black, #1)
  • Lead Heart (Seraph Black, #3)
  • A Portrait of Pain (Seraph Black, #4)