Start by marking “Head Above Water (Gemini, #2)” as Want to Read:
Head Above Water (Gemini, #2)

Head Above Water

(Gemini #2)

Gemini, Book 2

Camille Ellis has tracked many killers during her career,but this time it's personal. Cut off from conclave resources, she won't let a small thing like a suspension keep her from accepting Cord Graeson's offer of help.

Pretending to be mated to him is one way to secure allies, but the best that can be said of the Chandler Pack is they haven't killed o
Published April 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Head Above Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Head Above Water

Start your review of Head Above Water (Gemini, #2)
Denisa
Better than the previous one.

Still a 3-star read, but it's a bit better than the last book. Yeah, it has an annoying cliffhanger at the end, but it was a bit predictable (and I have the next book), so I didn't really mind.

The plot gets a bit more interesting and I like the romance side of the story: this book, in a way, is a bit of a filler, it doesn't really focus on the overall story but on the love interest between her and the werewolf/ warg guy.
[image error]

Interesting so far, I'll go on w
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

Head Above Water starts off right at the ending point in book one, Dead in the Water. The author hooked me from the begging to the end. I couldn’t put this one down and read way into the night.

The world and characters are phenomenal. Their is no shortage of action, mystery, and a relationship that is just blooming.

Cam is working on a case and the more she uncovers the more dangerous her life becomes. Besides all that the relationship between her and Cord is just growing, which they are dancing
Montzalee Wittmann
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Head Above Water by Hailey Edwards and narrated by Stephanie Einstein is a good paranormal adventure with romance and a mystery. Werewolves and far trying to learn to play nice together, some one killing paranormals and normals, a werewolf and a fae are upsetting the wolf pack by becoming an item. I would say there are good cat fights but more dog fights, lol!
The narration was good too!
Talltree
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-pnr-uf
3.75 stars!
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Urban Fantasy fans
3.25 – Character Development But Story Needs a Compass

Despite her suspension from the Earthen Conclave, Camille ‘Cam’ Davis is determined to find a missing friend and the killer whose motivation remains a mystery. Without the conclave’s backing she accepts warg Cord Graeson’s offer of help, but his pack’s animosity toward fae makes Cord’s offer debatable, as there’s conflict within the Chandler Pack. Cord is at the center of the rift in the pack. As Cam realizes Cord may be healing the part of h
Jen Davis
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

Yes! Another solid installment in the Gemini series. In fact, I think I liked this one even more than the last. Because we got a lot more Cam and Graeson action. (No, not that kind of action, but maybe in the next book...)

This story is built in and around Graeson's pack. He's chosen Cam as a mate, but his alpha is taking issue with it. After all, she's not a warg. Some of lady warg's are ticked off too. As beta, Graeson is prize, and a mate any of them would like to have for themselves.
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Shieldmaiden Darcy
May 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book is a mystery, but not in a good way.

Why on earth did I read the whole thing?

It reads like a YA. The main character is a twenty-something juvenile. The main heartthrob is a cookie cutter were. I've read this book in different forms a thousand different times, written by a thousand different authors, only in the others, the main heroine wasn't stuck in the mentality of a ten year old girl who was perplexed at complex (what was supposedly complex, wasn't really written deft enough to con
Yellagirlgc
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.
Im sad to see the book end. Hailey Edwards writes books with murder, pack challenges and kidnappings but they also have romance and humor. I love the LOL moments! I'm ready to get my greedy hands on the next in the series!
Katyana
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this better than the first one, though I think there are still a lot of problems.

Graeson is still hard to accept as a male lead, because he's pig headed about respecting Cam's ability to handle herself, be informed, make decisions. He withholds all information until she basically trips over it .... and how is that ever going to be a partnership? How can that possibly be a functioning relationship.

Frankly, his redeeming quality in this book is that he's in his wolf form a lot. I like his
Zimt
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A strong second book in this trilogy.

"Head above water" continues where "Dead in the water" ended. Cam/Ellis went with Cord to his pack. The first meeting doesn't go as planned and soon Ellis is deeply involved in pack business. Meanwhile, Charybdis plays mind tricks with her. So, a race against time begins.
Cord and Ellis relationship is the main plot for this book. Ellis has to make a big life-altering decision like how far is she willing to go to keep Cord beside her. Ellis' uncertainty is und
Melinda
Sep 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This book seemed to take forever to get anywhere and I was getting annoyed. It just seemed like a lot of sidetracking nonsense happened because of Graeson's pack's drama.

Cord Graeson invites her family and her to his pack land in Georgia, knowing his alpha hates fae and knowing his relationship with his alpha is shaky.

I'm not a fan of Graeson. I tried so hard to like him but he was willing to use Camille as bait for a serial killer and then started saying things like she was his. When he grabbe
Epicbookaddict
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So much better

I was a bit meh on book one but this book totally redeemed the series for me! Moving on to book 3. Can’t wait to see what becomes of Cam!
Happy Reading!
Alison
I received a free copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

I have mixed feelings about this novel, it took me a VERY long time to finish because I kept picking it up and putting it down. As a consequence, I'm not sure whether I failed to get a grip of the plot because of my sporadic reading or because it didn't gel together.

I have just checked my review of the second Black Dog novel Heir of the Dog and I made some comments which apply equally to this on
Kelly
Soooo. I might have been the tiniest bit enamored of the whole Cam/Graeson dynamic after book 1. Tiny amount. You probably barely noticed. Let's just say that I would have broken my cardinal rule of series reads if book 2 had been out when I finished book 1. That's right, I WOULD HAVE PICKED UP BOOK 2 BEFORE WRITING THE FIRST REVIEW.

I KNOW! Calm down. But I stand by that statement. I would have read this book immediately. As it turns out, I would have been well within my rights to my fangirling,
Jess the Romanceaholic
G-d I've missed this author's books. I only have myself to blame, of course.. I've actually had this book (and every other book she writes) on preorder as soon as I saw it on Amazon, but despite having had this on my Kindle since it released, I somehow managed to not read it.

I won't do a full review because I read the last four books set in this universe back to back, and honestly, I'm not 100% sure what happened in this book vs the other books, save for the fact that there was a LOT of progress
Linda
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Camille´s last assignment led her and her family to accept Cord´s offer of a place to stay, but she had no idea how this would turn out. Still searching for the friend that disappeared Camille has enough on her plate, that´s when the Alpha comes with demands.
When the answer to her questions appear to be closer to home than they expected Cord and Camille has to make decisions and brace for repercussions. Can they get through this unscathed?
PNR romance, action and suspense in a great combo. Can´t
Books-fly-to-me
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Loved the pacing in the first in this series. Ms. Edwards creates a story with horror overtones and a slight gothic feel. Her presentation is measured and sure, producing a book well worth reading to savor. This one feels more jumbled in the beginning which detracts from the main story line. However important the structure for the relationship is to the main storyline, this book feels like it’s sole purpose is to prepare the reader for book three.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Picking up where the first book left off, this story focuses mostly on Graeson and the pack. I was a little disappointed as I was hoping for more of the high action and mystery that was present in the first book. This one had a slow start for me but it did eventually pick up and for that I was glad for. I definitely liked the twists and turns the book took and am looking forward to the next one.
Shannie
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-obsession
Another great read!!! Can't wait to read the next book! ...more
Saruuh Kelsey
Thoroughly entertaining, emotional, and surprisingly romantic. All the stuff I hated about Graeson in book one were blessedly absent. He's somehow a nice guy now, and I actually love him? ...more
Valerie (Cats Luv Coffee)
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Police procedurals and urban fantasy go hand in hand. It's probably one of the most common tropes for urban fantasy and one of my favorites. If you think about it, it makes complete sense—these strange new creatures have crawled out into the light of day, and someone needs to be able to make sure they are following the rules. It's a way of evening out the inequality that supernatural abilities bring to the table.

Camille Ellis is an agent for the Earthen Conclave, an organization helping to keep
Bedazzling
Jan 01, 2021 rated it liked it
Eh I don’t know. I didn’t dislike it. Neither did I particularly like it. It’s not bad it’s just- how do I put it- not my style? I dunno. I have no love for the characters, hell Thierry and the her squad annoys me while Cord still hasn’t found his way into my heart. Camille also isn’t that lovable/addictive. There’s really nothing ‘special’ in this series. Yknow? That special something that just holds you down, grips you in its paws ( pardon the pun )and doesn’t let off until you’re done and don ...more
Rachel Chiapparine
I picked up this book in paperback edition from Amazon(I paid for it myself) because I wanted to see what happens next with the characters. My personal review of the book is as follows:

I really liked the characters, the main storyline as a whole for the series in general so far, the pacing, and the romance. The one thing that confused me personally was how certain scenes, situations, and sometimes overall plotlines flowed together/connected with each other(some things felt a bit rushed to me per
Jo Dawson
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Head Above Water is the continuation of the Gemini series by Hailey Edwards. Camille Ellis finds herself with a few weeks of unanticipated leave and a warg who has manipulated her into helping him get to the bottom of his sister’s murder. Warg politics, family bonds, and witchy threats complicate the informal investigation while one warg in particular continues to insinuate himself into Camille’s life.

The only thing better than stumbling onto a good book is when that book is the first in an alre
Natille
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it

Another successful read in this series and hopefully becoming another favorite in my urban fantasy reading list. I have already binged read both books and well on my way to the third. I have been pleasantly surprised by this series which says a great deal considering all the duds I had to go through in order to find something to keep my interest. Not being harsh, just very realistic. If you like the authors Ilona Andrews and Seanan McGuire then this might be something you would find ap
Lady
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Claiming A Mate?

This series must be read in order. This series must be read after The Black Dog series and the Stone Cold Fox book. The first book is "Dead In The Water". This is the second book. I can't wait to read "Hell Or High Water"!

Cam has been posing as Graeson's girlfriend but his pack is having none of that. They mean to see them mated or not. This complicated matters quite a bit. Dell and Sam's family are rooting for the meeting to take but Graeson's pack is against it. Can she track d
Denise Belt
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Camille Ellis works for the Earthen Conclave, and is investigating a serial killer that drowns children. Camille is a Gemini twin who lost her twin at the age of 8. She is unique in the Gemini community and is punishing herself for not saving her sister by trying to save others. As her investigation continues, she meets a warg named Cord. As much as she’d like to resist Cord he keeps finding a way into her heart. When Cam meets Harlow, a mermaid she is not impressed. The more time she spends wit ...more
TJ
I’m having a hard time connecting or even liking Camille’s character much. She is so cold and comes across almost unfeeling. Especiallly in her relationship with Cord. She never expresses her affection although he is amazingly kind and good to her. She just continually pushes him away. That, plus her insistance to always be the one to control everything without consulting or including others (refer to the aforementioned coldness). Just doesn’t make for a warm and riveting read. But, if that type ...more
Dallass
Feb 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Liked this more.

Liked this well enough. It was longer than the first book so we got to see more of the characters and with that a better understanding of them. I liked the interaction between Camille, her family and Cord (although he still uses her to further his own agenda) but Bessemer was a d!ck. However, that doesn’t stop this character from being a great foil for Camille and Cord as they tried to deal with the case - but I really wish he’d reaped the repercussions of his actions.

Ends on a
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fates Divided (Halven Rising, #1)
  • Fates Entwined (Halven Rising, #2)
  • Shadowed Blade (Colbana Files, #5)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Edged Blade (Colbana Files, #4)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Broken (The Watcher Chronicles, #1)
  • Blade Song (Colbana Files, #1)
  • Blood of Anteros (Vampire Agápe, #1)
  • Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand, #2)
  • Shades of Hate (Jacky Leon, #5)
  • Midnight Smoke (Firebrand, #3)
  • Blood Jewel (Vampire Agápe, #2)
  • Brimstone Bound (Firebrand, #1)
  • Heart of Fire (Alice Worth #2)
  • Heart Thief (Celta's Heartmates, #2)
  • Magical Midlife Invasion (Leveling Up #3)
  • Shadows & Surrender (The Jezebel Files #3)
Hailey Edwards writes about questionable applications of otherwise perfectly good magic, the transformative power of love, the family you choose for yourself, and blowing stuff up. Not necessarily all at once. That could get messy. She lives in Alabama with her husband, their daughter, and a herd of dachshunds.

Gemini (6 books)
  • Dead in the Water (Gemini, #1)
  • Hell or High Water (Gemini, #3)
  • Promise the Moon (Lorimar Pack #1)
  • Wolf at the Door (Lorimar Pack, #2)
  • Over the Moon (Gemini #6)