Start by marking “The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd” as Want to Read:

ASIN moved to latest edition

WARNING: Do Not Read This Book If You Hate Money

To build a successful business, you need to stop doing random acts of marketing and start following a reliable plan for rapid business growth. Traditionally, creating a marketing plan has been a difficult and time-consuming process, which is why it often doesn't get done.

In The 1-Page Marketing
Published January 25th 2016 by Successwise (first published January 18th 2016)

Start your review of The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
Brian Yahn
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall, The 1-page Marketing Plan is an enjoyable read that's light on fluff and mostly delivers on its promise. The big take away for me is that I really misunderstood the point of advertising when starting a new business.

If you're advertising to make sales, you're doing it wrong. People might be interested in your product, but probably aren't interested in making a purchase right NOW. That means, your advertisements should be focused on finding people who are interested in your product and ge
Kenessary Tolembek
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best marketing book for small biz

Well, I am a small business owner and sometimes you encounter really tough times. You start to think about changes you have to make. You think about marketing more and more. However, most marketing books are so complex. They all were written for big brands. You pick up one concept, then another, then you get confused. It is like some kind of voodoo mystic. You need a structure, a solid system. This book demystifies marketing, gives you ground on which you can sta
Ali M. Alhussain
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. I am reading it for second time. Planning to develop mind map for it.
Helly
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant read for anyone into business and marketing. Simplifies everything into a formula that will be easy to follow even for beginners. Love this man Allan Dib!
Vlad
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a book for small business owners who want to learn some marketing basics. Because the author is good at marketing, he's targeted that audience well with his book, and has accrued an average 4.3 rating for the book. But for professional marketers, this is a magpie's nest comprised of bits and bobs the author collected from his experience and from other "thought leaders," and it's got very little original or strategic thinking. It's also going to be too basic for you. For example, it conta ...more
Stoney deGeyter
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a small business owner for the past 20 years, I have found that building our own marketing plan to be one of the most difficult things to do. The time needed and the overall complexity that is often associated with building complete marketing plans that often get back-burnered as we take care of our client's needs first. The 1-Page Marketing Plan takes what is often a complicated process and boils it down to it's most essential elements. While many complain that the book is overly simplistic, ...more
Terry Harris
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best marketing book I've seen so far

This book is extremely detailed, goes into specifics and will pretty much guide you to exactly what you need to be doing no matter what business you are in. Your job is just to implement it. This may be the most useful book I've bought so far in my life.
Benas Aukstikalnis
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A good book for people who want to know more about small business marketing, and all the things that comes with it. It includes almost everything you need to know about the subject. At least the most vital things.
Bhavya
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such amazing, important concepts explained so succinctly. 😌
Stephanie Froebel
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
Literally an excellent book.

I have read a few business books and I think this is by far the best one I have read yet. It gives the straight-up facts with digestible examples and honesty.

I am looking forward to start developing my own marketing plan using this book as reference. We will see how it goes!
Murat-Muty Karagulle
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book, I have read it twice in a week. The customer journey from a cold prospect to a raving fan. Very well written, easy to read.
Kent Winward
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This is not the greatest marketing book, but it does what you need it to -- give you an opportunity to refocus efforts in marketing for business ventures.
Janet Camilleri
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At last a marketing book which understands that running a small or even sole trader business is a completely different ballgame to a major brand. Great practical tips and no-nonsense advice.
asih simanis
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and finished it in only 3 days. I must note though that’s it’s my first ever marketing book, and I generally rather loath books that talk about Business or Marketing or Sales or finances , I’m that type or person that really doesn’t like to talk about money. But life had spoken and I found myself in the middle of creating a business, and really really wanting (not to mention needing) it to succeed—enter this book.

All the ideas that were talked here were really easy to follow an
Natalia Pérez
This book is a good, easy-to-follow guide. I've read many marketing books trying to figure out how to increase my leads and my customer base. I will implement the tips in here. The one thing I didn't like is this: I'm a graphic designer, and he talks of graphic design as something to outsource. How am I to believe he is talking to all entrepreneurs when it seems that us, designers, are just tools to him? Tim Ferriss did the same in his book The 4-hour Workweek. It gets a bit annoying, but, regar ...more
Tugrul Yuksel
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Kindle (Unlimited) is making me post this review. I don't have too many opinions on this book.

So, I took up a challenge by accident when I received a payment alert realizing I was signed up to Kindle Unlimited (presumably) due to an unreturned book I picked up during its trial or from Audible.

Long story short, as with most of the selection in Kindle Unlimited, the book is sorta average.

It explains an overall marketing activity in canvas format (like Business Model Canvas) and calls it a breakt
Iris
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
Picked this up as a designer who begrudgingly had to put on the “marketing” hat on top of stack. For me, it was a good reference to get started, especially since I don’t know what the eff I’m doing.

Disagreed with some parts; he wrote many things as absolutes, when I’d argue that “it depends”. Some of it didn’t apply to my situation, however, the book is directed towards small business owners, not designers with no interest in marketing, so it’s probably way more useful for the intended audience
Kirby Ingles
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A stellar contribution to the marketing effort

I 100% agree that you need to ditch the business plan and focus on a living marketing plan. There are so many actionable items in this short, clear, and concise manual that it will become a timeless piece of work like, “Think and Grow Rich,” or “As A Man Thinketh,” and “The Science of Getting Rich.”
Abu Kamdar
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best marketing books I've read. But its real value lies in implementation. If you have a business, reading and applying the tools and strategies in this book is a must. ...more
Marziyeh Talebian
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a great operational instruction for designing and deploying a marketing plan.
FAIZAN KHAN
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
The Book Offers No-BS Advice And Solutions To Your Major Marketing Problems.
I'm Very Glad That I Picked Up This Book, Every Page Is Filled With Extreme Value. I'd Go Far As To Say That Reading This 1 Book Is Equivalent To Reading Several Business Books!

If In The Future Allan Writes More Books, I'm 100% Reading Those, Because He Has This Amazing Ability To Convey Readers Complex Information Into Bite Sized Chunks, Many "Expert" Writers Take The Contrary Approach.

The Book Would Definitely Help Yo
Kaloyan Yankulov
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for someone just starting with marketing – a small business owner, marketing intern or a marketing hobbyist. It summarizes most of the practical advice for effective marketing or what Allan calls "direct marketing". I really enjoyed the metaphors in each chapter used to illustrate vicious marketing thinking.

That being said, if you're a seasoned marketer you might be better off skipping this one. There isn't really anything new to learn here that you haven't heard in one of t
Nikita Agarwal
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of THE best and possibly most useful business books I have read
The title can be misleading- it outlines more than just a good marketing plan. It includes sales, key performance metrics and customer strategies

This is one of the few business books that has 0 fluff- it is exactly the right length.
Every chapter is crisp, useful and to the point

Marketing and business concepts are explained simply and convincingly

Highly recommend this to anyone trying to get more out of their marketin
Adrienne Fritze
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In Business? Looking for a breakthrough? Use this book!

I have been a marketing professional for 20 something years working with some of the most creative makers, artists, inventors and consumer retailers in the world. If I had had this book then, my clients would See and Know how marketing works in a seeming instant, and have saved them and us a ton of anxiety. Brilliant book. Get it and USE IT!
Joseph Manfredonia
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
Loved it

The book clearly spells out and gives you the goods on the fact that business is marketing, marketing is business. All else is a chase in the wind. The story abt the turkey, what happens on day 1001 vs the 1st 1000 days is great. As is the 80/20 rule broken dwn further to the 64/4 rule. Great book. I tried to read it in a day, took more like 4 days to polish it off. Worth the time. Joe Girard technique was ultimately the hands dwn best advice in the book.
Arturo Hernández
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This books presents a nine-step model to create a Marketing strategy that includes defining an user persona, a value proposition, acquisition channels, nurturing systems, LTV strategies, CAC thoughts and recurrence (referrals, value maximization, etc.). It’s quite concise and short in form, however it gives a good introduction to a lot of Marketing terms. A great read.
Roman Tsegelskyi
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I can't stress out enough how great of a starter about marketing this book is. It is simple, easy to follow, no-nonsense guide for marketing for small businesses. I enjoyed the actionable steps at each chapter, concise yet descriptive style and the plethora of information this book provides. Highly recommended. ...more
Chris Hussey
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How to avoid the pitfalls of business planning

I wish I would have rad this book before my last to companies and ideas went forward with huge business plans. I could have most likely avoided doing something I didn’t enjoy. Good read!
Catherine
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gets me pumped UP about marketing!
Debbie Cranberryfries
Some very valid points and great ideas!
Definitely some 'filler' and unuseful info too.
Play With Marketing: Qué tan bien funciona One Page Marketing 1 5 Nov 05, 2020 05:49PM

• $100M Offers: How To Make Offers So Good People Feel Stupid Saying No
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to a Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells
  • Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step StoryBrand Guide for Any Business
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • 300 Email Marketing Tips: Critical Advice And Strategy
To Turn Subscribers Into Buyers & Grow
A Six-Figure Business With Email
  • The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • Contagious: Why Things Catch On
  • Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You
  • Copywriting Secrets
  • 3 Months to No.1: The "No-Nonsense" SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google
  • 12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
  • SELL LIKE CRAZY: How to Get As Many Clients, Customers and Sales As You Can Possibly Handle
  • The Profitable Content System: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Creating Wildly Profitable Content Without Burnout
See top shelves…

News & Interviews

“You have only twenty-four hours a day, so the only way you can get more achieved in a day is by using other people’s time.” 4 likes
“Here’s the simplest, most jargon-free, definition of marketing you’re ever likely to come across: If the circus is coming to town and you paint a sign saying “Circus Coming to the Showground Saturday,” that’s advertising. If you put the sign on the back of an elephant and walk it into town, that’s promotion. If the elephant walks through the mayor’s flower bed and the local newspaper writes a story about it, that’s publicity. And if you get the mayor to laugh about it, that’s public relations. If the town’s citizens go to the circus, you show them the many entertainment booths, explain how much fun they’ll have spending money at the booths, answer their questions and ultimately, they spend a lot at the circus, that’s sales. And if you planned the whole thing, that’s marketing.” 4 likes