Start by marking “The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd” as Want to Read:

ASIN moved to latest edition

WARNING: Do Not Read This Book If You Hate Money

To build a successful business, you need to stop doing random acts of marketing and start following a reliable plan for rapid business growth. Traditionally, creating a marketing plan has been a difficult and time-consuming process, which is why it often doesn't get done.

In The 1-Page Marketing
Published January 25th 2016 by Successwise (first published January 18th 2016)

Start your review of The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
Brian Yahn
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall, The 1-page Marketing Plan is an enjoyable read that's light on fluff and mostly delivers on its promise. The big take away for me is that I really misunderstood the point of advertising when starting a new business.

If you're advertising to make sales, you're doing it wrong. People might be interested in your product, but probably aren't interested in making a purchase right NOW. That means, your advertisements should be focused on finding people who are interested in your product and ge
Kenessary Tolembek
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best marketing book for small biz

Well, I am a small business owner and sometimes you encounter really tough times. You start to think about changes you have to make. You think about marketing more and more. However, most marketing books are so complex. They all were written for big brands. You pick up one concept, then another, then you get confused. It is like some kind of voodoo mystic. You need a structure, a solid system. This book demystifies marketing, gives you ground on which you can sta
Ali M. Alhussain
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. I am reading it for second time. Planning to develop mind map for it.
Helly
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant read for anyone into business and marketing. Simplifies everything into a formula that will be easy to follow even for beginners. Love this man Allan Dib!
Bhavya
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such amazing, important concepts explained so succinctly. 😌
Stoney deGeyter
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a small business owner for the past 20 years, I have found that building our own marketing plan to be one of the most difficult things to do. The time needed and the overall complexity that is often associated with building complete marketing plans that often get back-burnered as we take care of our client's needs first. The 1-Page Marketing Plan takes what is often a complicated process and boils it down to it's most essential elements. While many complain that the book is overly simplistic, ...more
Tugrul Yuksel
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Kindle (Unlimited) is making me post this review. I don't have too many opinions on this book.

So, I took up a challenge by accident when I received a payment alert realizing I was signed up to Kindle Unlimited (presumably) due to an unreturned book I picked up during its trial or from Audible.

Long story short, as with most of the selection in Kindle Unlimited, the book is sorta average.

It explains an overall marketing activity in canvas format (like Business Model Canvas) and calls it a breakt
Terry Harris
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best marketing book I've seen so far

This book is extremely detailed, goes into specifics and will pretty much guide you to exactly what you need to be doing no matter what business you are in. Your job is just to implement it. This may be the most useful book I've bought so far in my life.
Benas Aukstikalnis
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A good book for people who want to know more about small business marketing, and all the things that comes with it. It includes almost everything you need to know about the subject. At least the most vital things.
Janet Camilleri
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At last a marketing book which understands that running a small or even sole trader business is a completely different ballgame to a major brand. Great practical tips and no-nonsense advice.
Vlad
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a book for small business owners who want to learn some marketing basics. Because the author is good at marketing, he's targeted that audience well with his book, and has accrued an average 4.3 rating for the book. But for professional marketers, this is a magpie's nest comprised of bits and bobs the author collected from his experience and from other "thought leaders," and it's got very little original or strategic thinking. It's also going to be too basic for you. For example, it conta ...more
Stephanie Froebel
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
Literally an excellent book.

I have read a few business books and I think this is by far the best one I have read yet. It gives the straight-up facts with digestible examples and honesty.

I am looking forward to start developing my own marketing plan using this book as reference. We will see how it goes!
Iris
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
Picked this up as a designer who begrudgingly had to put on the “marketing” hat on top of stack. For me, it was a good reference to get started, especially since I don’t know what the eff I’m doing.

Disagreed with some parts; he wrote many things as absolutes, when I’d argue that “it depends”. Some of it didn’t apply to my situation, however, the book is directed towards small business owners, not designers with no interest in marketing, so it’s probably way more useful for the intended audience
Natalia Pérez
This book is a good, easy-to-follow guide. I've read many marketing books trying to figure out how to increase my leads and my customer base. I will implement the tips in here. The one thing I didn't like is this: I'm a graphic designer, and he talks of graphic design as something to outsource. How am I to believe he is talking to all entrepreneurs when it seems that us, designers, are just tools to him? Tim Ferriss did the same in his book The 4-hour Workweek. It gets a bit annoying, but, regar ...more
Ammar Saber
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The 1-Page Marketing Plan by Allan Dib is an easy-to-read book on tips for an effective marketing plan. The book will be mostly useful for entry level students in marketing as Dib has covered primary topics on marketing principles and used them in concrete examples. I agree to most of Dib's arguments regarding the importance of target market as the foundation of the process. However, I believe there are other equally critical aspects that entrepreneurs should also focused on such as the speciali ...more
Adrienne Fritze
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In Business? Looking for a breakthrough? Use this book!

I have been a marketing professional for 20 something years working with some of the most creative makers, artists, inventors and consumer retailers in the world. If I had had this book then, my clients would See and Know how marketing works in a seeming instant, and have saved them and us a ton of anxiety. Brilliant book. Get it and USE IT!
Arturo Hernández
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This books presents a nine-step model to create a Marketing strategy that includes defining an user persona, a value proposition, acquisition channels, nurturing systems, LTV strategies, CAC thoughts and recurrence (referrals, value maximization, etc.). It’s quite concise and short in form, however it gives a good introduction to a lot of Marketing terms. A great read.
Marziyeh Talebian
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a great operational instruction for designing and deploying a marketing plan. by dividing the direct marketing process to three major sections, i think this book has tried to cover all the necessary hints in this field. In addition by using his brilliant sense of humor, Allan Dib was successful to make me an amazing experience of reading.
Murat-Muty Karagulle
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book, I have read it twice in a week. The customer journey from a cold prospect to a raving fan. Very well written, easy to read.
Kent Winward
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This is not the greatest marketing book, but it does what you need it to -- give you an opportunity to refocus efforts in marketing for business ventures.
Abu Kamdar
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best marketing books I've read. But its real value lies in implementation. If you have a business, reading and applying the tools and strategies in this book is a must.
Debbie Cranberryfries
Some very valid points and great ideas!
Definitely some 'filler' and unuseful info too.
Kaloyan Yankulov
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for someone just starting with marketing – a small business owner, marketing intern or a marketing hobbyist. It summarizes most of the practical advice for effective marketing or what Allan calls "direct marketing". I really enjoyed the metaphors in each chapter used to illustrate vicious marketing thinking.

That being said, if you're a seasoned marketer you might be better off skipping this one. There isn't really anything new to learn here that you haven't heard in one of t
Miguel Silva
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for an actionable way to create a marketing plan and stick with it, look no further.

Allan gives a thorough step-by-step guide on creating your own Marketing Plan (in one page! as the title suggests) while giving helpful examples of past experiences.

The great thing about this book is that it makes yourself be conscious on what you're currently doing in your marketing, and what you should focus on. Allowing you to take a step back and measure everything that is working and not w
Roman Tsegelskyi
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I can't stress out enough how great of a starter about marketing this book is. It is simple, easy to follow, no-nonsense guide for marketing for small businesses. I enjoyed the actionable steps at each chapter, concise yet descriptive style and the plethora of information this book provides. Highly recommended.
Jason Stokes
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent resource with easy to understand principles and a clear path to success.
David
Succinct, to-the-point summary of marketing in an easy-to-understand format with practical tips and notes. I feel like this is the high-level marketing plan overview encompassing an entire business, and Joey Coleman's Never Lose A Customer Again is the corresponding deep-dive that digs into the customer-satisfaction piece that this book covers very well but in shorter form. The overall picture here is more holistic and it's an easy, good read.
Brian
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book about the basics of marketing. I found the examples far too cliche. Since the book is marketed to small business owners, I was hoping to hear examples of other small business owners implementing suggestions he outlines. There are a few, but not nearly as many as I would have hoped for.
Unless you’re brand new to marketing, I’d recommend another resource.
Catherine
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gets me pumped UP about marketing!
Gali Valiente
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you ever thought of becoming an entrepreneur or you are one already, this book is well worth having and should be placed within arms length of your office desk for regular reference.

This book is not just about marketing plan, in fact it delivers more than expected because it has a lot of action items applicable for those who are in startups and I really appreciated that there are specific take-aways in every chapter - specific and actionable steps to do (rather than just rah rah pep talks fr
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to a Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells
  • Content Machine: Use Content Marketing to Build a 7-figure Business With Zero Advertising
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • 3 Months to No.1: The "No-Nonsense" SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google
  • Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers
  • Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step StoryBrand Guide for Any Business
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • Instagram Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Following Fast, Driving Massive Traffic & Generating Predictable Profits
  • Your First 100: How to Get Your First 100 Repeat Customers (and Loyal, Raving Fans) Buying Your Digital Products Without Sleazy Marketing or Selling Your Soul
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often
  • But I'm Not An Expert!: Go from newbie to expert and radically skyrocket your influence without feeling like a fraud
  • SEO 2014: Learn Search Engine Optimization with Smart Internet Marketing Strategies
  • The Seven Figure Agency Roadmap: How to Build a Million Dollar Digital Marketing Agency
  • Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
  • 500 Social Media Marketing Tips Essential Advice Hints and Strategy
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone

News & Interviews

“Your job as an entrepreneur is to be an innovator and a builder of systems.” 1 likes
“You have only twenty-four hours a day, so the only way you can get more achieved in a day is by using other people’s time.” 1 likes