Start by marking “Darwin's Paradox” as Want to Read:
Darwin's Paradox

Darwin's Paradox

A devastating disease. A world on the brink of violent change. And one woman who can save it or destroy it all. Julie Crane must confront the will of the ambitious virus lurking inside her to fulfill her final destiny as Darwin's Paradox, the key to the evolution of an entire civilization. Darwin's Paradox is a novel about a woman's fierce love and her courageous journey t ...more
Published July 4th 2007 by Dragon Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Darwin's Paradox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darwin's Paradox

Brad
Nov 26, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, canadian-lit
Tina Hunter
Apr 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was hard to put down, a sure sign that something interesting happened on every page.The first chapter or two, with all it's back-story, is a little on the slow side but trust me when I say, "Keep Reading!"This story takes you into scientific theory, hard science facts, and political intrigue while still telling a story about characters that you can care about.This is half hard Science Fiction, half personal struggle (kind of like V for Vendetta), and I would say it's definitely worth t ...more
Claudiu Murgan
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darwin's Paradox is a wonderfully crafted story in which AI takes over the day-to-day life. The characters are well defined, credible and the details of their actions help the reader emphatically attach to them. A must read.
Amanda
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
This was just what I was craving -- a bit of fluffy sci-fi. It was refreshing to read a bio-sci-fi novel written by a trained ecologist, however, in some cases I was just appalled by her poor description of (grasp of?) evolutionary concepts, especially natural selection. The overuse of the "paradox" trope in its most colloquial sense, and other buzzword-y scientific ideas, was also kind of annoying. Then there is the rape apologism and feminism fail which are at such odds with the fact that she ...more
Ted Hopkins
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
A surprisingly good read. Solid SF with an intriguing plot and nicely developed characters. Highly believable in its context. I like the contrast between fleeing technology, embracing technology, and actively resisting technology. Munteanu develops good human involvement to all three responses to technology and builds to a reasonable evolutionary conclusion.
J.P. McLean
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when a scientific mind collides with a wild imagination and great prose? A fast-paced thrill ride through a futuristic landscape that’s as eerily familiar as it is alarming. Munteanu’s passion for story telling with a thoughtful twist is evident throughtout Darwin’s Paradox. It will leave you thinking, and that’s a good thing.
Nina
Apr 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Darwin's Paradox is "a thrill ride that makes you think and tugs the heart." ---Robert J. Sawyer, Hugo and Nebula Award-winning author of Rollback
Kent
May 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Kinda like comfort food - satisfying but probably not healthy. I didn't derive any moral or intellectual lessons from this novel. The story ends and then it ends and then it ends. There is a problem with story-telling here. The author provides some inticing characters but they experience inprobable situations and come to questionable conclusions. It maintained my interest but that was propably because I was reading it while stair-stepping for thirty minutes every weekday and needed the diversion ...more
Evan
Jun 10, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, ebook, zz-2014
Only got a few chapters in, just didn't appeal to me. Felt a bit too disjointed, and the bits of backstory of the relationship between Julie and her husband kept making me think this was the second book in a series, and suspended my suspension of disbelief.

Granted cyberpunk-like dystopian is not my preferred sub-genre.
Robert
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Slow to begin, and slow to end, with tons of plot holes, poorly-described action, underdeveloped characters, and little explanation aside from some fancy science words tossed in. I give it two stars for the interesting concept but poor realization.
Aaron Wilson
Ryan Grabow
Nov 25, 2010
J.M.K. Walkow
Sep 12, 2018
Nina Munteanu is a Canadian SF and fantasy writer and ecologist. She has published over eight novels and award-winning short stories translated into several languages. Her novels are mostly eco-fiction and thrillers that explore humanity's tense co-evolution with technology and Nature.

Nina is also editor of several publishing houses and ezines. She teaches writing at the University of Toronto and