Start by marking “Sheikh's Mail-Order Bride” as Want to Read:
Sheikh's Mail-Order Bride

Sheikh's Mail-Order Bride

Shipwrecked with the sheikh!

Sailing to India to marry a stranger, Constance Montgomery is shipwrecked off the Arabian coast of Murimon. The world believes her lost at sea, and only the kingdom's ruler, Kadar, knows the truth. She's honor-bound to leave, but the brooding prince tempts Constance to stay…

Kadar knows that no matter how beautiful Constance is, she is forbidde
Paperback, Hot Arabian Nights #2, 288 pages
Published July 19th 2016 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Sheikh's Mail-Order Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sheikh's Mail-Order Bride

Start your review of Sheikh's Mail-Order Bride
Caz
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I gave this a B- at AAR, so that's 3.5 stars rounded up.

Having loved the previous book in this series - The Widow and the Sheikh - I was eagerly looking forward to this second book in Ms. Kaye's Hot Arabian Nights series, but while it contained many of the ingredients that I so enjoyed in the first book, this one doesn't work quite so well.

The heroine is travelling to India in order to marry a man she has never met who is paying her father a large sum of money in exchange. Supposedly, her fa
Clare O'Beara
I very much enjoyed this tale of a shipwrecked lady who, instead of heading out dutifully to marry in India, finds a niche as Court Astronomer in the south of the Arabian Peninsula. This series of four books about travellers and interesting jobs of the Napoleonic era, glosses over the differences between Europe and Arabia to concentrate on describing the lifestyles and expectations of people in various roles.
The portrait of the surroundings is sumptuous and tactile as always from this author. T
Kay (aka) Miss Bates
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kaye writes wonderful romance. I anticipate and celebrate every title. Her strength lies in her protagonists' characterization, so open, strong, and plain ole likeable, without ever losing sight of their historical context. This is no easy feat in histrom, easily accused of either wallpaperdom or ho-hum histfic-dom. Riding that perfect line in between is what you experience with a Kaye romance. In this case, the mythical kingdom of Murimon and its reluctant but responsible Prince Kadar is couple ...more
AnnMarie
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Sheikh's Mail-Order Bride is the second book in the Hot Arabian Nights series by by Marguerite Kaye. I have read the first book and although our Prince Kadar had his introduction in the first book, it's definitely not necessary to have read that book to fully enjoy this one.

This is the story of Kadar new Prince of Murimon, and Constance Montgomery a woman on her way from England to India by sea, to meet a man she is to marry in return for him paying a large amount of money to her father. The lat
Doris
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I read Marguerite and this story reminded me that I should do so more often. I have a fondness for a good Sheikh story, and this book so hits the mark. Passionate storytelling with a swoon worthy hero and a very lovable heroine.
I simply loved the way she kept on babbling when she knew she really ought not to. I laughed out loud quite a few times, and Kadar is just the perfect hero.

A thoroughly enjoyable read
Gwessie Tee
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, very beautiful, always enjoy Marguerite's books but this story even more so, to all who love Arabian romance and historical I garuntee you will love this, thank you Marguerite ...more
Elizabeth Hale
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Meh. Finally sat and finished this in one go after ignoring it for a while. Not awful, but it was never really compelling enough for me to be dying to read it.
Babette Brown
Dec 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
(Teresa Siciliano)

Una storia… surreale *

Uno strano romanzo che nel 1815, appena prima di Waterloo, trasferisce in un principato immaginario dell’Arabia una tipica storia rosa fra due nobili di origini diverse, che trovano il modo di sposarsi nonostante due fidanzamenti (con persone diverse) e numerose, incolmabili differenze. Come? Così. E la differenza di religione? Non se ne parla mai. E il popolo di Murimon non avrà difficoltà ad accettare una nobildonna straniera, senza prestigio e tantomeno
Coral
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: from-library
2.5 stars. Sadly this was nowhere near as good as the first in this series.
At first these two are like oh we can't possibly hook up because we're both betrothed to other people, even though we didn't really want to be betrothed to those people, because honour. Then at like two thirds they both go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ nevermind we want to bone.
The landscapes and settings were well described and the writing style was good. But neither the characters nor the plot got off the ground.
Not sure if I want to conti
Amanda
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Living in the opposite weather of Southern Hemisphere, where the weather is usually cold and damp when the rest of the world was in hot, hot summer, reading novella SHEIKH'S MAIL ORDER BRIDE, second of the HOT ARABIAN NIGHTS series by Magurite Kaye is just perfect. As I crawl through each word and each line, spectactic scenery of faraway lands spun inside my head. The beach side port, the ocean, the gentle breeze, the sands, the camel, the dhow and the exotic scent of spices, wrapped tightly aro ...more
Cinzia
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Sheikh’s Mail-Order Bride” is the second book in the series Hot Arabian Nights by Marguerite Kaye, an historical romance series full of charm set in the Arabian world with its sheiks.
One of the things I love to read in the stories of this series are descriptions so detailed about that world and its landscapes, it always seems to me I can see everything and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin.
Another thing that I love, in addition to male protagonists who are always compelling, are the heroine
Trudy Miner
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Constance Montgomery is sailing to India to marry a complete stranger in an arranged marriage designed to save her father's fortunes. Topside when a storm hits, she is thrown into the Arabian Sea off the coast of Murimon and rescued by the people of a fishing village. Three weeks later she was taken to the palace and introduced to the prince, Kadar, who will soon become the king of Murimon. Kadar is there only because his older brother, Brutus, has died, thus, leaving him heir to the throne. He ...more
Alison
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review.

Ah, I do love a hero and heroine that have challenges to overcome, not least these two who believe that all the future holds is a loveless alliance for a variety of reasons. This is the next book in the Hot Arabian Nights series, but you don't need to have read the first book before this - it is simply set in the same universe and the principality of Quaryma is also mentioned.

Constance is on her way to India to marry a man she hasn't
Maggie Boyd
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
oday, AAR reviewers Maggie Boyd and Caz Owens discuss The Sheikh’s Mail Order Bride, the second book in Marguerite Kaye’s Hot Arabian Nights series.

Here is Maggie’s summary of the novel:

Constance Montgomery is a dutiful daughter. When her family encounters severe financial trouble, she agrees to be sent off to India to marry a stranger in exchange for a large dowry.

Prince Kadar is a dutiful man. Though he never wished to rule, when his brother dies he steps nimbly into the breach and takes on re
Amanda
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Marguerite has a way with words that draws the reader into the world she has created. Her heroes and heroines have unique traits that give them that extra dimension. Kadar and Constance are no exception. Constance is a ‘star-gazer’ and Kadar an Arabian Prince with a deep rooted sense of morals and a reluctance to accept his status as ruler of the kingdom.
Their romance, together with the in-depth descriptions of the surroundings and clothing weaves together seamlessly. I loved the twists and turn
Mary Hart
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It had similarities to book 1 in the series in as much as the heroine ends up in the arabian kingdom of the hero. Marguerite is excellent in her descriptions and its lovely to get the thoughts and perspecives of the protaganists. There's a small cast of characters but those that are there are very important to the story.
Marguerite writes evocatively of the area and the view of the heavens, and even without looking at the pinterest board I can get a mental picture of all the
Linda
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
When you read a Harlequin Romance, you get a troubled romance that eventually gets resolved and leads to a HEA. That's what I got when I read, Sheikh's Mail-Order Bride by Marguerite Kaye. I liked this book and I liked the fact that it included references to the Arabian coast in 1815. It was easy to imagine camels in the dessert, oasis sightings, traveling by sea, studying constellations with a telescope, and arranged marriages. I liked the main characters and Kaye's writing was very good. ...more
Nancy Reynolds
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received ARC to read and review. I have to say: It's another winner by this author. I loved it from the very beginning and couldn't wait for the HEA at the end. In between there were lovely descriptions of a beautiful world, and fantastic interaction between the hero and heroine. And I loved the world that the Prince is trying to create for his people. I love the books by this author. Now I have to wait for another one. ...more
Harlequin Books
"Fairytales do come true in Marguerite Kaye’s second book of her Hot Arabian Nights miniseries, which is full of Sheikhs, stars and sensuality. Readers will enjoy the romance between a courageous beauty and a royal prince in this marriage of convenience with an Arabian flavor. There is plenty of action and adventure to captivate all readers" (4 stars @ RT Book Reviews).

Miniseries: Hot Arabian Nights
JoAnne
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read my review on RomanceJunkies.com by clicking on the link below:

I rated it a 4.5 but rounded up to 5 for Goodreads

• Brant’s Return
  • Chime
  • Dane's Storm
  • The Healer and the Warrior
  • Reputations (A111 Discovering the Arts and Humanities)
  • As Old as Time
  • Her Sheriff Bodyguard
  • Antigone (The Theban Plays, #3)
  • Dangerous (The Outcasts, #1)
  • A Sister’s Sorrow
  • Playing the Duke's Mistress
  • Hot Asset (21 Wall Street, #1)
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • Cinnamon and Gunpowder
  • Deadly to the Sight
  • Rise & Shine, Benedict Stone
  • That Birthday in Barbados
  • My Cousin Jane
Marguerite Kaye is a prolific historical romance author hailing from Argyll’s West Coast. She is a voracious consumer of books, Scotland’s world-class larder, and the occasional cocktail.

Find out more on her website at www.margueritekaye.com

Join her on Facebook page at www.facebook.com/margueritekayepage

Chat with her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/margueritekaye