Start by marking “Rescued by the Farmer (Oaks Crossing #2)” as Want to Read:
Rescued by the Farmer (Oaks Crossing #2)

Rescued by the Farmer

(Oaks Crossing #2)

Her Country Hero

Searching for a safe haven in the Kentucky hills, city girl Bekah Holloway encounters the unexpected—a handsome country boy who offers her help. Drew Kinley gives her a job working with wounded animals, but on the run from an abusive boyfriend, Bekah needs more than employment. She needs a hero. Instinct tells Drew he's the perfect man for the skittish beau
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published July 1st 2016 by Love Inspired (first published June 21st 2016)

Start your review of Rescued by the Farmer (Oaks Crossing #2)
CP
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! A very sweet read.
C.M.
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
This one was a slow read. I was really annoyed about how things went down in the end with the villain. Seriously, I don't know what they were thinking!

*big ending spoiler alert*

*you have been warned!*

Why, oh, why did they let the villain get away with nothing but a warning? After all the people that were hurt by his scheme and how he abused her, why in the world did they just let him walk? She had enough evidence to put him away. They should have gone straight to the police, instead of letting
Bonnie
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rescued by The Farmer a "Oakes Crossing" Series by Mia Ross. Bekah Holloway is on the run from her ex boyfriend. He embezzled money from the company he works for. Bekah has papers proving this, and he wants them back. Drew Kinley meets Bekah on the road when an eagle crashes into her windshield. The take the eagle to a rescue animal clinic. Bekah likes animals and ends up working there. Romance happens between Drew and Bekah. Bekah's ex finds her and demands the papers. The rescue animal clinic ...more
Jasmyn
I love Mia Ross's inspirational small town series. They match couples up beautifully, and I really get to see their relationship bloom and grow into something more. The Kinley family and the town of Oaks Crossing star in her newest series, and I've already fallen in love with all of them.

In Rescue by the Farmer, she hits a soft spot for me with animal rescue. And she does it right. She shows the struggle the small rescue facility faces with finding the right personnel, funding, and pormotions to
Jennifer Robb
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Love Inspired readers, clean romance readers
Recommended to Jennifer by: M. Hall
I like the Oaks Crossing region and the Kinley family. Oaks Crossing seems quick to embrace Bekah, a hurting soul. Though I was sad that Rosie getting hurt was part of the storyline, I was glad to see that there was an animal rehabilitation place nearby and that Rosie recovered and was set free to the life that God intended for her. The love of animals was present throughout the book.

I thought the author did a good job with the romance part of this book too. There was a bit of the love at first
Joanne Reese
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The small town charm of Oaks Crossing, surprises Bekah Holloway with the security of a real family and home life, when all she was trying to do was pass through. Running from an abusive boyfriend, Bekah's belief in goodness is stirred by a visit from a hawk that flies into her windshield. Genuine care for the stray leads Bekah to an unexpected respite. Drew Kinsley provides Bekah with a job working with wounded animals, and his plans to leave home to pursue his own path get thwarted when he fall ...more
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an encouraging story of overcoming the odds. Bekah Holloway is fleeing an abusive relationship when she gets lost and ends up colliding with a hawk. Wondering what to do next Bekah is surprised when a gentleman offers to her.

Drew Kinley notices right away that Bekah is not comfortable with strangers and he can tell that he’ll need to handle himself around her cautiously. He manages to get her to help him with the injured hawk and plans from that moment on to help in whatever way he can.

Bek
Ranie Elias
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent writing, intriguing and captivating from the beginning to the ending! "God will always be by your side and works in mysterious", this fact was proved in several occasions in this book...Bekah was able to renew her faith with the help, comfort, love and security of Drew, his entire family, friends and the whole community .....this story has greatly help me heal in so many ways by proving that with God's help, anything is possible!!!! Thank you, Ms. Ross...highly recommend ....
Phylisha Stone
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book which is set in my home state. Good writing and relatable characters.
Debbie Sue
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i have not read many by Mia Ross but this one was delightful. I would read it again and I would recommend it
Jack
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not sure very Christian how it handled getting her stalker to leave her alone.
Kav
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woohoo -- back in Kentucky with the Kinley clan! This is the second book in the Oak's Crossing series. Four siblings get their chance at romance. Love the banter and teasing that comes from a close-knit family. And really enjoyed catching up with Mike and Lily (from the first book). Rescued by the Farmer reads well as a standalone though, and it is middle brother Drew's turn to have his life turned inside out by a female. There's so much that tickled me about this book.

My animal loving heart wa
Kimberly
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this. One thing that kinda bugs me and makes me a little impatient is when the hero and heroine doesn't meet until about 25% into the book, but with this one, they meet within the first pages, which I liked very much.

Drew was a really likable character, always chipper, smiling, and joking. I like how he put our skittish heroine - Bekah - at ease when he was around her. Bekah doesn't trust easily, but she warms up to Drew and learns to trust him, plus his family as well.
Dawn Leonard
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rescued by the Farmer is the second book in Mia Ross' Oaks Crossing series. Bekah comes to Oaks Crossing trying to get away from an abusive boyfriend. Drew Kinley helps her get a job at the animal rescue center his family supports. Although this is the second book in the series, it can be read as stand alone. However, I think you'll like the Kinley family as much as I do and will want to read Her Small Town Cowboy and future books in the Oaks Crossing series.
Aerykah
This one's okay, but not really all that great...
Alisha Grant
loved reading this book about how two help each other after their pasts both have used different methods to protect themselves but restricted them being true to themselves n truly living life.
Jennifer Faust
Jaime Brooks
Nov 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 15, 2016 09:57AM

• Dakota Home (Dakota, #2)
  • The Bachelor's Twins (Castle Falls #2)
  • A Certain Hope (Texas Hearts, #1)
  • Their Family Blessing
  • A Down-Home Savannah Christmas
  • My Lady's Dare (Sinclair Bride, #1)
  • Her Forever Cowboy (Men of Mule Hollow, #1)
  • Montana
  • The Twin Bargain
  • Once More a Family
  • Their Family Legacy (Mississippi Hearts #2)
  • The Soldier and the Single Mom (Rescue River #4)
  • And Baby Makes Five (Mule Hollow, #2)
  • The Soldier's Secret Child (Rescue River #5)
  • Sleeping Beauty (Fairy-Tale Series #2)
  • Engaged to the Single Mom (Rescue River, #1)
  • Cowboy Courage (Longhorn Canyon, #6)
  • Their Second Chance Love
Mia Ross loves great stories. She enjoys reading about fascinating people, long-ago times, and exotic places. But only for a little while, because her reality is pretty sweet. Married to her college sweetheart, she's the proud mom of two amazing kids whose schedules keep her hopping. Busy as she is, she can't imagine trading her life for anyone else's--and she has a pretty good imagination.

Oaks Crossing (4 books)
  • Her Small-Town Cowboy (Oaks Crossing #1)
  • Hometown Holiday Reunion (Oaks Crossing #3)
  • Falling for the Single Mom (Oaks Crossing #4)

News & Interviews