Start by marking “Six-Gun Showdown (Appaloosa Pass Ranch #5)” as Want to Read:
Six-Gun Showdown (Appaloosa Pass Ranch #5)

Six-Gun Showdown

(Appaloosa Pass Ranch #5)

"I'm not dead."

The voice mail rocks deputy sheriff Jax Crockett to his core. A year ago, Paige was murdered by the Moonlight Strangler. Yet his ex-wife just showed up at his ranch—out of options and out of time. There are only two reasons Paige would come back to Texas with a killer hot on her heels: Jax and their toddler son. Faking her death was the only way to keep tdead."
Published July 19th 2016 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Six-Gun Showdown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Six-Gun Showdown

Melody Cox
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 'Shooting' Stars***

This is my second time through this book. It was a great story of a woman who survived a horrific attempt on her life and hid away for a year, healing and letting her ex-husband and now two-year-old son believe she had died that night. She was pronounce DOA on the scene but once they got her into the ambulance they were able to revive her but she was barely hanging onto life. A serial killer had gotten a hold of her and put his mark on her check with a knife
Jonel
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
There is a dangerous, eerie type of suspense from the get-go of this novel. Fossen draws readers into the world that surrounds her captivating characters and allows us to barrel alongside them throughout the fast paced novel. The setting was developed in a manner that I could easily visualise each aspect of it without detracting from the forward motion of the plot.

Fossen has created likeable yet far from perfect characters to carry this story forward. I love how I didn’t always agree with them
DelAnne Frazee

"I'm not dead."
The voice mail rocks deputy sheriff Jax Crockett to his
Monica Cardoza
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth installment in the Appaloosa Pass Ranch series and these stories just keep getting better. From the very beginning it was known that Jax’s ex-wife was killed by the serial killer and that they had a son together. But when this story started it seemed that somehow she was alive and had come back to save Jax and her son. Jax couldn’t believe that Paige was alive and now it seemed that she brought trouble to the family ranch.

Jax and Paige are going to have to work toge
Deb Diem
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Six-Gun Showdown by Delores Fossen is an awesome romantic suspense. Ms. Fossen has delivered a well-written book. The characters are outstanding. Jax and Paige's story is packed with suspense, action, sizzle and drama. This book captured me at the first sentence and kept me glued to it until the last page. I enjoyed reading Six-Gun Showdown and look forward to my next book by Delores Fossen. Six-Gun Showdown is book 5 in the Appaloosa Pass Ranch Series but can be read as a standalone. This is a ...more
Mindy
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another amazing addition to the Appaloosa Pass Ranch series. Jax and Paige are an amazing couple and great characters. Paige is such a strong person to have survived and become stronger after what she has had to face. Jax is a lawman, father, and man who has so much love, loyalty and protective instinct that he is a dream for any woman. I love this story and can’t wait to read the next book.
Linda Klages
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Keeps your interest - enjoy reading the series.
Jess Lawson
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gotta love those page turners that you can't put down. The suspense and thrill of trapping the moonlight strangler. I can't wait to get to the next one and see exactly how the man that has been haunting this small town fares in prison. Jax and Paige had some serious issues to get past while trying to stay alive. Her faking her death, the divorce they faced before that, and all the lies in between. This page turner was wonderful and loved absolutely every single minute of it. Don't miss this seri ...more
Cynthia
What a shock Jax got from listening to his voice mail hearing a voice he thought he would never hear again. An even bigger shock was when he walked out to the barn and the person attached to that voice was standing right in front of his eyes. No one can blame him for being hurt, angry and very upset for all the blame he has put on his self for his son and the loss of his mother. If only he had done this or that she might be alive. He is at a loss for words as his tempter rises why did she do wha ...more
Barbara
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
The fifth instalment of the Appaloosa Pass Ranch series, "Six-Gun Showdown" centres on Jax Crockett, the final Crockett brother and the secondary character most active in the previous brothers' stories. Ever since the first "Lone Wolf Lawman", readers have learned that Jax had the most personal connection to the Moonlight Strangler case, as his ex-wife and the mother of his young son, Paige was supposedly killed my the Moonlight Strangler. This was further explained in the third book, when we le ...more
Karen Machamer
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: delores-fossen
Another awesome book by Delores Fossen. I can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Alima Livzletlivz
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Delores Fossen and her simmering lawmen guarding under the big Texas sky. From one series to another she creates romance filled with danger and suspense, captivating and spell binding stories of love, support and families.

The Appaloosa Pass Ranch Series continues to captivate, as the law enforcement seems to find love amidst the numerous secrets and the elusive Midnight Strangler that seems to bring all these characters together.

Deputy Sheriff Jax Crockett saw his
Donna Repsher
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received and ARC of this title in exchange for an honest review and here it is: 4.5 stars.

Delores Fossen does it again--another terrific, gripping, exciting addition to her Appaloosa Pass Ranch series. This one brings back Paige, the ex-wife of Jax, who he thought was dead and buried, another victim of the Moonlight Strangler, in a previous novel. Well, she's not dead but it's not for lack of trying on the part of the Moonlight Strangler, and he's not the only one she has to fear.
Books and Spoons
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A sharp and energetic story filled with fast action, mysteries, attacks, and a new chance on making a future together, if they just stay alive long enough to consider it.
The atmosphere of the story is intense from the start, not only the threats and attacks are making the situation tense, but the return of Paige from death, the anger, disappointment, fear, and resentment, all mix with the relief and joy of seeing her again.
The romance stays more on the back burner on this novel, even though wh
Chrissy
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review....

This is the story of Jax and his ex wife Paige along with their Son. Who we all know, if you follow this series, we thought Paige was dead thanks to the Moonlight Strangler. This book is about finding a 2nd chance at love and this family finding answers.

*** Spoiler Alert**** We found out who the Moonlight Strangler is.... That is all I will say....

All I will say, is that Paige is not dead, however she is back at
Nell
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
If I had to sum this book up in word it would be amazing!

There were so many twists and turns that it had me literally on the edge of my seat, I could not put this book down even for some much needed sleep. This book was filled with plenty of action, hurt feelings, love and a bond that even a supposed death could not sever.

After reading the previous books in this amazing series I could not wait for its release and bought the eBook the minute that it became available online.
Stephanie
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just the back cover pulls you in. The statement "I'm not dead", manages to pull you in quite easily, and that is only the beginning in this suspenseful romance by Ms. Fossen.

Jax Crockett went through divorcing his beloved wife to then lose her to the Moonlight strangler serial killer. Now he is trying to catch the killer as well as raise his son. So when he has a voicemail saying that his ex-wife was still alive he thought that would be the hard part of the day. Not the attraction that still si
Jessica Figueroa
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jax is surprised when is not to late wife is back from the dead and goes to him for help. The killer who meant to kill her found out that he didn't finish the job and is going after her again. Meanwhile now Jax and his boy s in danger because of the baggage his ex brought, but will still do everything in his power to keep his family safe.

Like this book goes straight into things, that goes to say this book is fast paced with never a dull moment. I loved the heat between the two and ho
Mashael
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Six-Gun showdown Was the first book that I have read from the Appaloosa Pass Ranch series. I loved how strong is the bond between the brothers and how were they stood for each others no matter what.

Although Jax and Paige were divorced, you can see how were they attracted to each other and how Jax was so jealous from every man that helped her during the year. Moreover, we can see how Jax determined to safe her life from the Moonlight Strangler.

definitely I'm going to reading the comp
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
A must read if you have been following the Appaloosa pass Ranch series. We finally get to the end of the Moonlight Strangler mystery as Paige comes back from the dead and Jax has to keep her safe. She let everyone believe she was dead after her attack to protect Jax and her son. There are a thrill a minute and enough suspects to keep you guessing. There is even a nice HEA for Jax and Paige.
Belinda
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was so intense..you could feel the nerves of each and every person in the book..One comes back from being supposedly dead to warn that her son and ex are going to be killed by the Moonlight strangler...There are lots of shooting and people trying to kidnap....I was on the edge of my seat...Have they really caught the Strangler??
charmaine White
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

An interesting fast paced thriller.Had me sitting on the edge of my seat from the first page to the very last.
Pamela Tracy
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Felt good to read an Intrigue again. I need to read more. I picked this one up that RWA national conference.
Leslie
Jan 17, 2017
Annabel Aranilla
May 09, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Thank you for finding me on Goodreads!

Want to know more about me? Well, here it is in a nutshell:

I’m a USA Today bestselling author, and I’ve sold over 100 novels. Yes, 100! Needless to say, I write a lot. I’ve had the honor of receiving the Booksellers' Best Award for romantic suspense, the Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award, and I was a finalist for the prestigious Ri

Appaloosa Pass Ranch (6 books)
  • Lone Wolf Lawman (Appaloosa Pass Ranch #1)
  • Taking Aim at the Sheriff (Appaloosa Pass Ranch #2)
  • Trouble with a Badge (Appaloosa Pass Ranch #3)
  • The Marshal's Justice (Appaloosa Pass Ranch #4)
  • Laying Down the Law (Appaloosa Pass Ranch #6)