Start by marking “A Texas Soldier's Family” as Want to Read:
A Texas Soldier's Family

A Texas Soldier's Family

DON'T MESS WITH THIS TEXAN!

On the last leg of his tour of duty, Captain Garrett Lockhart is summoned home to Laramie, Texas, to handle an urgent family matter—a scandal that could destroy the enduring legacy of the Lockharts. Except it's already being "handled" by Hope Winslow, a professional crisis manager.

Hope is also the beautiful single mother of the most adorable baby
Published July 5th 2016 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Texas Soldier's Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Texas Soldier's Family

Start your review of A Texas Soldier's Family
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
3 stars

This didn't really hold my attention, and the accounting inadequacies drove me nuts. So did all the baby stuff. Feeding, changing diapers, burping - yuck. Not something I want to read about in such detail. Yuck
Books and Spoons
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story was just what I needed for this Sunday evening. It had meaning, substance, yet no angst or agony to be too heavy.
The family drama, and the embezzled funds, the mystery behind it, and the stress of the publicity all gave texture to the story and intrigue to the mind.
The attention brought to the need of the veterans after service care was admirable, and well done with respect towards the service personnel.
I liked the honesty of the family, their view of the history, and how the
Jessica Figueroa
Hope is the person you'd call for some damage control. Garrett and his family is in need of someone like Hope after many of the charities they donate to claim that the family didn't give the promised donation of money. Hope is trying to work on how to solve the problem they have, on top of having nanny having to stop working for her. Nows shes gotta balance work and new mommy issues and not crack under all that stress.

Overall I thought that this book was an interesting story. I enjoyed the two
Cheryl
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Right away I was in love with Garrett and Hope as a couple. They were so good together. Although, I can't forget little Max. He tried to steal the attention away from Garrett and Hope. Which he was doing a pretty good job of succeeding. A few times he did. I love that Garrett just jumped right into helping out with Max. The chemistry between him and Hope was undeniable. Because I was so invested in these three, it made reading this book a pleasure. After reading this book I want to learn more ...more
Bonnie
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Texas Soldier's Family by Cathy Gillen Thacker. Hope Winslow is a professional crisis manager. Captain Garrett Lockhart is called home because of a scandal that could destroy the legacy of the Lockharts. Hope is hired to help with this problem. Romance happen.
Alicia
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
"A Texas Soldier's Family" by Cathy Gillen Thacker

Having never read a book by this author, I wasn't sure what to expect, particularly from a Harlequin novel. I am so glad I picked it up and read it.

What a sexy, slightly steamy, sweet, and enjoyable novel.

I absolutely loved the characters and the plot line, while easily guessed, still engaged the reader throughout the novel.

The characters of Garrett Lockhart and Hope Winslow are well developed, as are all the other characters in the novel.
Jo-Anne
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Garrett Lockhart was just finishing his last tour of duty when there was a family crisis and he was called home immediately. The Lockhart Foundation had promised donations to several charities but they were never received. Even though the cheques had been written the charities didn't get them. The money was not in the bank either. Where was it? Who took it? Hope Winslow is a crisis manager who was hired to represent the family and foundation to show them in a favorable light. Not only does Hope ...more
Tima
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Garrett is on his last tour of duty when he gets the call to return home to help with a family crisis. As he's flying home he notices a beautiful woman, Hope. Garrett is dismayed to learn that Hope is in charge of the family scandal that has made the news. Garrett doesn't have a whole lot of faith in professionals who squash the truth to protect a family. So the two clash immediately. But sometimes a guy just has to admit defeat and accept the inevitable.

This was a sweet, romantic story. The
Amary Chapman
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hope Winslow's job in public relations spinning public opinion brings her face-to-face with Garret Lockhart. She was hired to help his family deal with the fact that their CFO absconded with a huge chunk of money promised to many different charities.
He wasn't aware of his mother's plan, and really did not want to get on board. He gradually comes to see that Hope, whom he fell in lust at first sight with, really was his family's best hope to recover from the bad publicity they were receiving.
Julie
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It could have gotten terribly maudlin, or too in-your-face about the issues, but it didn't.
It brought to life the real issues our vets are facing when coming home, and the struggles to find good medical care in various areas. I applaud the real life Garretts and Monroes and Dunlop families.

I really hope the embezzlers get what's coming to them by the end of the series.
Harlequin Books
"Thacker lays on the heat in her latest, which proves to be a good introduction to a promising series. With an interesting embezzlement plot and a bit of a mystery, this one is certainly worth a reader’s time" (4 stars @ RT Book Reviews).

Miniseries: Texas Legacies: The Lockharts
Alia
May 04, 2017
Anita
Aug 02, 2016

• The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire, #3)
  • The Bookstore on the Corner
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire, #2)

Dear Readers,

The love stories in my family have always been fodder for romance novels.

My maternal grandmother and grandfather simultaneously ran a business together and raised four daughters, long before it was an accepted thing to do. Grandpa O’Dell ran the gas station and the barber shop; Grandma O’Dell managed the grocery and cooked for customers. They were true partners and madly in love and