Start by marking “Pema Chödrön's Compassion Cards: Teachings for Awakening the Heart in Everyday Life” as Want to Read:

59 beautifully designed cards on the classic Buddhist practice of lojong for everyday inspiration and contemplation--with instructive commentaries by Pema Chodron to make the teachings accessible and applicable to contemporary life.
Let compassion and fearlessness guide you and you'll live wisely and effectively in good times and bad. Here Pema Chodron offers a powerful me
Published October 25th 2016 by Shambhala

To ask other readers questions about Pema Chödrön's Compassion Cards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pema Chödrön's Compassion Cards

Tommy
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These are simple lojong cards, one for each of the Buddhist Lojong "slogans" (short phrases to contemplate). Not a book, per se, though the totality of these will make up a future book by Pema to be released later this year. The cards themselves are typically used in conjunction with meditation practice.

I'm hesitant to count this as a 'book I finished', as it is neither. Cards, not a book; and part of an ongoing practice, not a 'one and done' read. But, with those caveats in mind, these cards h
Wendy Pecka
Apr 05, 2018
Jane
Apr 19, 2017
Dave
rated it did not like it
Jun 10, 2017
Aug 03, 2017
Janet Luck
Nov 10, 2018
Diane Mary
I HAVE THESE CARDS AND AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THE TYPE OF BOX USED. IT IS SO EASY TO OPEN UNLIKE MANY OTHERS I HAVE.

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHO MADE IT SO I CAN GET ONE FOR SOME INSPIRATIONAL CARDS I AM MAKING.
Marianne Johnson
Dec 21, 2018
Dana Biscotti
Dec 03, 2018
Christopher Urrutia
Apr 13, 2017
Elizabeth McCourt
Feb 28, 2018
Ani Pema Chödrön (Deirdre Blomfield-Brown) is an American Buddhist nun in the Tibetan tradition, closely associated with the Kagyu school and the Shambhala lineage.

She attended Miss Porter's School in Connecticut and graduated from the University of California at Berkeley. She taught as an elementary school teacher for many years in both New Mexico and California. Pema has two children and three g