Start by marking “Zakka Embroidery: Simple One- and Two-Color Embroidery Motifs and Small Crafts” as Want to Read:
Zakka Embroidery: Simple One- and Two-Color Embroidery Motifs and Small Crafts

Zakka Embroidery: Simple One- and Two-Color Embroidery Motifs and Small Crafts

Embrace a simpler approach to stitching with bold one- and two-color embroidery motifs
Zakka Embroidery presents designs that are an elegant blend of Japanese and Scandinavian style. The motifs and patterns are spare and graphic, yet softened with organic shapes and imagery drawn from nature. The result is embroidery that evokes a personal feel and conjures a sense of nos
Published October 25th 2016 by Roost Books

To ask other readers questions about Zakka Embroidery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zakka Embroidery

Amanda Rogozinski
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Like others have already said, this book is a keeper for its beautifully artistic designs. As I easily feel cluttered, designs that use simplicity to showcase color combinations and subtleties of shape are a breath of fresh air. Higuchi's style allows one design to be the center point so that it can be fully appreciated, which is a nice contrast to the type of embroidery designs I usually see in craft stores.

I found these patterns easy to replicate (and cheap!) despite being a beginner. It was
Scrapsandsass
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a book filled with designs that are examples of stunning simplicity. The first section is filled with monochrome projects. The line design is creative and filled with so much style. The second part of the book is multi-colored designs. Again, the combination of design and color is really stunning and eye-catching. There is really something for everyone.

The rest of the book is filled with templates, instructions, and patterns that make it look easy enough for beginning embroiderers, but
Nissa
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is just truly inspiring and incredible. The instant I opened it, I fell in love. She features her lovely and elegant embroidery patterns in projects that are both contemporary and classic, and I marveled at the perfect pairings throughout. Yumiko Higuchi's gorgeously photographed collection features a variety of patterns for the home, kitchen, handbags, and clothing, for both children and adults. Definitely makes me want to pick up a needle and get started. For the novice embroiderer, ...more
Rachel
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An advanced copy of this book was provided to me through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This gorgeous book is right up my alley. As a knitter, spinner, dyer, and formerly an avid sewist, I am always interested in other fiber and needle crafts. I've been drawn to single color embroidery lately and Yumiko Higuchi's designs and inspirational pictures make it easy to find a jumping in point. I can easily see myself using some of these designs on future knitting projects or to embellish
Denise
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: how-to
Zakka Embroidery shares simple one-and-two color embroidery Motifs that are simply elegant! Taking the patterns from nature, the author provides instructions to craft easy-to-make gifts for adults and children that should please everyone. I hope to be one of the first to purchase a personal copy and then, maybe one for the library, too. Thanks to Netgalley and Roost Books for providing this proof.
Tracy Shephard
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love how serenity just leaps from the pages of this wonderful book.

Set in two parts, the first for one color embroidery and the second for two color embroidery, the projects are far from what you might think boring.

These rather effective and beautiful projects from flowers and insects to sailboats and birds, brighten up any garment or bag.

Yumiko is amazing at what she does and her book is filled with ideas. Along with a stitch guide, patterns and templates, this is a book that I think every st
Richelle
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: art-and-craft
An adorable little book, and I do mean literally, it's a pleasure to hold and skim through. I loved the idea of single and two color embroidery but I felt like the book is too rooted in the zakka, cute Japanese aesthetic. Single color embroidery could be very impactful and I suppose I was missing what could be done in arenas other than collars and pinafores, projects I'll never replicate. While I appreciate the projects and patterns found here, none of them were something I'd ever try or use.
Juli Anna
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: diy
Lovely, and very simple. This would make an excellent introductory book, and the patterns are fantastic for a variety of levels. I would have loved to see a few more stitches used throughout the book, but the resulting projects have a very tidy, streamlined style with smaller vocabulary of stitches. I also really enjoyed the colorsense of the projects here.
Rachel England-Brassy
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful and inspiring, can't wait to see if I can pluck up the courage to have a go!
Natalia h
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
I loved this book. Not only are the designs very appealing, they're also easy to do, simply explained and wonderfully created. I cannot wait to try a few.
Yofi Abu
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovely little book. Has the how-to info, but focuses on the inspirational pictures.
Lafrog8
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sewing-books
Loved that book - the design looks cute and modern and not impossible to achieve - definitely need to borrow again so that I can have a go at some of the motifs.
Valerie
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
So pretty!
Cyndi
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was afraid this book was going to be all "Japanese cute" but many of the designs are taken from nature and they are all rather wonderful in their simplicity.
Jo
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic resource with gorgeous designs and thorough, easy to follow instructions.
Nezka
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafting
Simple and beautifully designed motifs
Elizabeth Grieve
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lovely book of designs which are simple, modern and stylish. There are many projects, showing the use of embroidered motifs on different types of crafts such as clothing, bags, homewares and much more. I must say I had never heard the term 'Zakka' before, but nevertheless this book is well worth a look for anyone interested in textile and needlecrafts. Ideal for both beginner and more advanced stitchers, there are easy step by step instructions and templates to follow.

An advance copy was provi
Selby Gunter
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft-books
Zakka Embroidery is a great little book absolutely bursting with cute yet fairly easy designs. This is a great book for beginner embroidery enthusiasts. See my complete review, including photos and a sample project on my craft blog Wavoki Crafts.
Critterbee❇
Apr 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, crafty, f
Extensive collection of adorable, elegant patterns for flowers, snowflakes, trees, animals and other designs. The work is beautiful, and the patterns (at the back of the book) are complete and very well written.

A section explaining how to do other stitches is included as well. This is a inspirational book for any level of embroiderer, and compares favorably to other embroidery how to books that I have read.

**eARC Netgalley**