Start by marking “A Portrait of Pain (Seraph Black, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Portrait of Pain (Seraph Black, #4)

A Portrait of Pain

(Seraph Black #4)

“I had to understand that grief would be a constant in my life, and that it would be different every time it returned to me: the same face hidden beneath a brand new hat. I needed to say goodbye to this chapter of my life, to the grief that had clawed at me, to the threat that had stalked me through the shadows …”

Seraph Black’s entire world has changed. There are no more
Kindle Edition
Published March 31st 2017

Start your review of A Portrait of Pain (Seraph Black, #4)
Helen 2.0
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Helen 2.0 by: Maria Dimitrova
”It’ll be painful for a while.” His free hand gripped the headrest, his face drawing closer.
“But all the pain will be worth it in the end.”

Thank you, Silas, for putting that sentiment out there, because ^^^that^^^ is how I feel about the Seraph Black series.
I hated book 1. Book 2 was an improvement, but nevertheless a struggle to get through. Book 3 was, in one word, D E P R E S S I N G.
But book 4 made me remember why I’ve stuck with this series, and why so many of my friends stan Jane Was
Cece Rose
Holy fucking shit.

Be prepared my friends..... I am about to rant.... About how much I freaking loved this book.

The Basics:
Genre: Paranormal Reverse-Harem.
Series/standalone: Series Book #4
Stars: 5 oh my freaking God stars.
Would I recommend this book: Hell yes. Start with book one Charcoal Tears, and while you're at it pick up everything else Jane Washington writes, it's all gold.
Would I read again: Um, already trying to figure out when I have some spare time to re-read the whole
Sh3lly
This is just a quick overall review for the series. I haven't been this excited about books in a long time. I haven't binge read a series in a long time. This series isn't perfect, but I loved it. I totally shipped all four guys for Seraph. I haven't swooned over book boyfriends like this in a LONG time.

I loved the world and think there could be more written about it. I'm already ready to re-read it! The resolution of the messenger/Seraph's nemesis was a bit anti-climatic but I didn't even care.
Kelly Martin
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a beatific end to an amazing series and I'm only sorry that it's over. I fell in love with these characters long ago, and it was so hard to say goodbye; but APoP does it in the most perfect way possible. If I had three wishes, they'd all be for Jane to write a spin-off series for Poison and Clarin. Or Jayden. Or Tariq. No, wait, I'd wish for it to be scientifically possible to make myself Jane's pair. Both of them. I'd literally clone myself, and then we could sit together and read her b ...more
RH Reader
Jul 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
Whaaat? NO. There's a fourth one?

Im feeling very conflicted right now. 60% of me = 'Yes! Yes! Omg, big-huge-YES! More Seraph Black! *fangirl*' But another part, the 40%-dark-and-angsty-and-impatient-and-hopeless-at-waiting-for-good-things part = 'Nooo. I thought I only had to wait a little more for the end?!"

Jane, I know you're going to make me cry a lot more in two books instead of one.

I'm going to die from anxiety by the time this one comes out.

I really need to finish the second book before I
Jasmine
Okay imma be honest. I didn't love this book as much as the others, mostly because I was hoping for Seraph to end up with one guy (Silas, obvs) because I guess it didn't really get through to me that it's a reverse harem book. (Or maybe I was in denial.) I guess in a way they did end up together (view spoiler), but still. I wanted to see more scenes with her and Silas but instead Jane decided ...more
Jessica
This is for the whole series.

~~~~MacHalo Buddy Read~~~~

So, I've got a bit of a book hangover.
I didn't expect to get so caught up. I couldn't put it down. I get this may not be for everyone. Reverse harem can be overwhelming for some, but it works for me here. Somehow, Jane Washington pulled it off and made it seem totally normal and natural (and so swoon worthy). Although, I do have a favorite... ;)

The mystery/adventure was good as well. Although, the way it ended could've been more... yes. T
Natalia
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is going to be the review of the complete serie.
I have mix feeling with this one! The story is Okish, but the reverse harem is not my cup, she end up with a fuck schedule was that it?!?!!
Also the fact that Seraph is a teen doesn't help, (she starts the book with 17 and at the ends of the book almost 2 years later she's still 17(!!!!)
All the guy are nice, Silas being my favorite.
I figure out that Danny was the messenger right away.
The ending was my biggest no-no! It felt rush w
Priscilla Lemes
Oct 15, 2016 marked it as to-read
AAAAAAH i really need this book... im so in love with the story, that im not sure i can handle the wait haha

pleeeeeeease dont break them apart, all five of them, and being realistic (and not a totally harem fan girl haha), it would totally screw up that they love her so much but in the end she end up chosing only one of them...

dear author, pleeeeeease hear the prayer of a really big fan of your work haha

keep the hard work, im rooting for you!!!
Helen Weale
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OK, so I really don't know where to start with this one!

It was amazing, fabulous, sensational. I'll stop there before Jane starts getting ideas above her station and thinks she's a good writer!!

The final book in this series was everything I wanted it to be. It cleared up all those little niggling doubts we had about Seraph and her guys and it was all tied up in a nice, neat little rainbow coloured bow.

Miro was just *sigh* adorable and so freaking hot in this one (he was always my favourite thoug
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
I liked the first book ok (rated it 2.5) and I think I could have liked the additional books better if it weren’t for the behavior of the Heros.

I spent books 2,3, and part of 4 hating the guys....there was way to much OW drama (a huge NO in RH IMO), the treatment of the heroine by the Heros was horrible - it’s seriously started to give ME a complex, and the doormattiness of the heroine was sickening.

The older two repeatedly told the heroine they didn’t want her - even after bonding with her, the
Rhea_Sways
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT...

Its all done

I want more.. please Jane..
I beg you!! I want some sexy angsty times with all the Hs and one h..

It was so good, I LOVED their chemistry. The end was too beautiful.

The plot in the beginning was a little slow but it got really good! The author wrapped everything in a nice little bow at the end, the ending was everything.. all those sexy times that we were salivating for!

I just want more with our lovely MC's and more mature chemistry scenes. I will sell you
Tash
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-50, best-of-2018
So not ready for this to be over, i love Sereph, Silas, Miro, Cabe, Noah, Posion, Clarin & Tariq. I need more of them all 😢😢. You could see Jane getting better as a writer, the first two books were average and i think i pre judged them due to my goodreads friends not loving them but the last two were totally addictive. Im actually super upset there isnt going to be another one. ...more
Nicolina
Mar 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
what the hell is this garbage...?

The disappointment is real.
Alyssa
Shelves: uf-pnr-rh, 5-star, ya, magic
First off, let's just say that this book blew my freakin' mind. Sweet baby unicorns, Jane, you've done it again. That said, let's move on...

The basics...
Genre: YA/NA (kind of on the line, 17+ audience recommended), paranormal, reverse harem
Series: Final book (book four) in the Seraph Black series
Who should read it: You. No seriously, if you're here reading this review, read the book. [[I mean start at the beginning though, as this is book four.]]

The rest...
I honestly don't even know wha
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
A Portrait of Pain is a great finale! In fact, there’s not much to say because I just overall liked it so much. It’s the best of the four books in the series because it has the most romance, action, and resolution to offer. Everything is wrapped up, loose ends tied, and we get a great ending where we get left on a happy, hopeful note that all will be well and continue to be well. While I did expect there to be a “final showdown” sort of situation between Seraph and the messenger (since that’s a ...more
Jenn
I received an ARC in exchange for a fair review. This review is spoiler free.

I don't even know where to start. To be honest, I was super nervous when I learned this was going to be the last book in the series. It felt like so many loose ends needing tied up that I had no idea how Jane was going to be able to do that fairly in one book.

I shall apologize to her... because this exceeded my expectations. The loose ends were tied up and the scenes I needed (along with the ones I didn't realize I ne
Vicky
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
My heart hurts. Jane has put me through an emotional wringer and left me as a limp, soulless rag with the biggest, stupidest, soppiest grin you have ever seen splattered across my face.
It's true when they say you know you have read a good book (substitute with bestseller) when you turn the last page and you feel as if you have lost a friend (replace friend with BFF).
She gives you things you didn't even realise you should have asked for; the mul
K.B. Everly
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
WHAT THE SHIT!!

Ok Jane...I'm kinda mad at you now. You give us this epically written series then just quit out on us by ending it. This is why I give you four stars. You're supposed to write until your characters are old people with Silas sawing the legs off of Miro's rocking chair and Cabe hiding everyone's dentures. I have suffered the Book Pain Syndrome from having to situate myself for hours on end being sucked into your fantastic f*%king writing and now I've got nothing to show for it.

I ha
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
SERAPH BLACK series - This one is definitely more YA, with god-like gifts being bestowed upon mere mortals. It's not really mythology-based, but the Zev society hidden among humans does have its own mythology, if that makes sense. The summaries for these books just do not do them justice. They are a thing unto themselves and it only gets crazier as the series progresses.

Charcoal Tears - So, after trying several reverse harem stories and ultimately being disappointed by each, I wasn't expecting m
Jennifer G
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jane Washington is the Queen of RH. The Seraph Black series is brilliant. A Portrait of Pain, the final book of the series, is the ultimate perfection. Honestly, I expected nothing short of excellence having read all of Jane's books, but she exceeded my expectations. I can't recommend this series enough!

This book picks up not long after where Lead Heart leaves off. Seraph's life is still in turmoil. Danny is still on loose and determined to punish Seraph in the most extreme ways possible. There
Anna
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rh
Where to begin with this one. I came across Jane Washington shortly after the first book in the series was released. I devoured the first book and impatiently waited for the second to release. I became enthralled with the characters and had to know everything about them. I'm sad that this book brings about the end of this amazing series but Jane did an OUTSTANDING job closing it out. It was action packed and had me hanging on every word for what would happen next. The way things played out with ...more
Sooz Willow
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hmmm ... okayy where to start. Jane it slayed me. Seraph matures so much in this one she grows into herself and becomes so self aware.

Silas learns to share.... that's nice.... he learns a modicum of self control and only wants to maim or kill every second person he meets.... Progress ... did i mention sexy as hell.

Cabe for me didn't change alot for me still a goof but necessary he seems to be able to remove alot of tension from potentially bad situations.

Noah became Noah not an extension of Cab
Princess J. Antoinette
Well I'm not going to go into much details about this series...but what I will say is that this book was pretty decent and I did enjoy this very turbulent ride of a storyline...

I also want to applaud and give the author her props for her originality when it came to the storyline somewhat.. the dynamics were same as any other book of this genre but she most definitely put a different kind of spin on things.... So bravo Jane.. Bravo!

Overall rating:
4*~ A Very Good Read

Maria Dimitrova
I loved this! Like I can't even express how much! And now I only want to curl up and cry because it's over. I'm pretty sure someone brainwashed me because I don't get obsessed with YA PNR. I like kick-ass heroines that love blood and gore. And when I read reverse harem books I do it for the smut. And you know what there's no smut here. Just a hot scene here and there but almost no sex. And I'm okay with that because I grew to care for these characters and their world. I wanted to see (view spoil ...more
Kelsey
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another solid work of art from Jane Washington! What a great conclusion to what has been such a wonderful series!

Ok so I’m not going to spend this whole time gushing over the awesomeness that is Jane Washington. I WILL get to the book, BUT can I just take a moment to address what a FANTASTIC writer Jane Washington is?! Seriously, she’s not just a great author for the RH genre, she’s a great author. Period. The writing is so strong and so engaging it just sucks you right in. That is exactly what
Michelle
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I have a split personality after reading. On the one hand I loved this book but on the other I am terribly depressed the series is over. If you are debating reading this series, I would strongly advise you to do so! Let's start with what I liked about the book.
1. Loved the different POV! It was great to get insight into everyone's minds.
2. All of the characters of grown and changed for the better. Silas and Miro most noticeable.
3. Miro! Welcome to the party sir. We were all waiting
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So every time I start reading the last book in a series I always fear that I will walk away not satisfied with the ending. I am happy to report that is not the case here, that this book did a great job in concluding the series

This is book four, so if you haven't read the first three books, go do so now. Like immediately. Do not pass go, do not do anything else until you have read them.

APOP has points of view from Seph and all her guys which is departure from the previous books. I loved seeing an
Urban Fantasy & P...: Loved it but needed more? 1 10 Aug 30, 2017 08:29AM

• Persuasion (Curse of the Gods, #2)
  • Seduction (Curse of the Gods #3)
  • The Dragon's Wing (Kit Davenport, #2)
  • Trickery (Curse of the Gods, #1)
  • The Viper's Nest (Kit Davenport, #4)
  • When To Fear The Living (The Veil Diaries, #3)
  • When the Dead Come A Knockin' (The Veil Diaries, #2)
  • The Vixen's Lead (Kit Davenport, #1)
  • The Crow’s Murder (Kit Davenport, #5)
  • Whispers from the Dead (The Veil Diaries, #4)
  • The Tiger’s Ambush (Kit Davenport, #3)
  • Vivid Avowed (The Evelyn Maynard Trilogy, #3)
  • The Alpha’s Pack (Kit Davenport, #6)
  • Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side #3)
  • Trying To Live With The Dead (The Veil Diaries, #1)
  • Born of Embers (Phoenix Rising, #1)
  • Vital Found (The Evelyn Maynard Trilogy, #2)
  • Mistake of Magic (Power of Five, #2)
Jane is a caffeine-addicted manic stuffed into the body of a passably-functioning human being. She also happens to be a Wall Street Journal bestselling author, and has sold over a million ebooks worldwide. Living in Australia with a few cacti and a miniature dachshund [see: dictator], she spends her time writing books … and then telling everyone not to read them.

Seraph Black (4 books)
  • Charcoal Tears (Seraph Black, #1)
  • Watercolour Smile (Seraph Black, #2)
  • Lead Heart (Seraph Black, #3)