Start by marking “The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper

The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper (Cam Jansen Mysteries #11)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  390 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
The Cam Jansen series is perfect for young readers who are making the transition to chapter books. The first ten books in the series have received updated covers, bringing new life to these perennial bestsellers. Now the series redesign continues with five more books, giving Cam a cool, modern look!
Published July 22nd 2004 by Puffin Books (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper

Tricia
In a somewhat startling coincidence, this is set in Binky's Department Store, and we started it just after we finished reading Binky the Space Cat! But Binky's Department Store isn't owned by a space cat; instead, it's owned by a woman who loves the color green and who can't seem to hire competent staff for her Returns Department. The plot has holes that you could drive a dump truck through if it were written for adults, but it's written for young kids, so I'll willingly suspend my disbelief. Ca ...more
Melissa Mahle
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-books
I love Cam Jansen stories. I remember reading them out loud to my daughter. I'd read a page and then she'd read half a page. We laughed together at Cam's attitude. This is a great series and I am studying it as part of my research on chapter books.
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: second-grade, mystery
Doesn't give many clues with which kids can figure out the mystery...
Melissa Namba
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, coplin
cute and clever. I prefer the cam jansen books that don't rely solely on her memory. this one had a great deal of logic and human behavior in it. I can't wait for my niece to read it!
Brynlee A
In this book, they are in a store called Binky's department Store, and they are shopping for school supplies. When Cam and Eric, was at the store there was a person in a blue flower dress, with blue curly hair and glasses steeling people's things and Cam has a memory o pictures, so when she wants to remember something she goes click like a camera.

In this book they are having a problem where there is a woman in a blue flower dress and she is stealing peoples things and returning the things for th
Traci
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
These were my absolute favorite books in elementary school! They are so exciting and fun and easy reads. They were probably the first books I read when I was able to read longer books. I read so many! So when I found this one again I was so excited and had to read it. It brought back all the happy feelings I had about them when I was little. I miss those days. It was definitely a kids book and not one that I would just read now but it still entertained me. Cam Jansen has a photographic memory wh ...more
David
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Cam Jansen is a 5th grader with a photographic memory. She uses her memory to solve mysteries. She says the word "click" as she takes a picture with her eyes. She can then compare memories like you would compare two photos. That alone doesn't allow her to solve mysteries, but she is able to figure out the mystery anyway.

The books are relatively short, and can be read quickly. She is similar to Encyclopedia Brown, but the mystery takes the entire book, instead of a couple of pages. This allows th
Dolly
Jan 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is another fun mystery from the Cam Jansen series. In this tale, she and her friend Eric are shopping for school supplies at the local Department store and help catch a thief. The story was quite busy, with a couple of plot lines going at one time and lots of activity. It was a good story, but at times it felt like the author was adding filler to the story to make it longer. In any case, our girls really love this series and we will certainly read more!

(As much as we love the new covers, th
Emma B
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book because at the end of the book, Cam Jansen got some free candy and I would like to be given free candy, too.

My favorite part was when Cam Jansen caught the thief and got the free candy as a reward.

My least favorite part was when everyone's stuff was stolen because I wouldn't like my stuff to be stolen. The thief would steal shopping bags and then return the items from the bags to the store and keep the money.
Alyssa Birnbaum
Jan 21, 2016 added it
Shelves: edrd
The Cam Jensen books were my absolute favorite when I was younger. When my mom would but a new one for our family's collection, my sister and I used to fight over who got to read it first. Cam's attitude, the intense mystery, and the silly adventures has lead to have an interest in these books even now. As I become a teacher and maybe even a parent, I would recommend this book to any young children for a fun and easy chapter book to read.
  • The Case of the Secret Valentine (Jigsaw Jones, #3)
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
  • The Littles Go to School
  • The Perfect Present (Ready, Freddy!, #18)
  • No Grown-ups Allowed (Cul-de-sac Kids, #4)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Nate the Great San Francisco Detective
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then- ...more
More about David A. Adler...

Cam Jansen Mysteries (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Gold Coins (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #5)
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
  • The Mystery at the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #10)