Start by marking “Whiteout (Unexpected, #1)” as Want to Read:
Whiteout (Unexpected, #1)

Whiteout (Unexpected #1)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  479 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
The moment you get all you ever wanted

Pro-snowboarder, Reef Reid, has it all, except the one thing he desperately wants: the girl, the white picket fence and the happily ever after. At the peak of his career, he turns his back on the upcoming season and flies to a tropical island paradise to defrost.

At least that’s where he was supposed to go.

A ticketing mishap has him en
Published March 13th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Whiteout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whiteout

☆ Todd
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mine

This one was at times corny and a bit cheesy, but nothing too crazy, so I did actually enjoy this light and fluffy free Kindle Unlimited read quite a bit.

I probably won't remember much about it, but it was a good filler read for me, so if you're looking for something sugary and sweet, this might fit the bill.

I do have to ask, though...

WHO THE HELL ARE THE GUYS ON THIS COVER SUPPOSED TO BE ???

In the book, Ford is 33, with chocolate brown curls. CURLS for Christ's sake!

And Reef is 25, with blond
Susan
Sep 22, 2016 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 16%

Nope, can’t do this. The writing is not my style.

I don’t buy for one second that you would notice another man’s pretty eyes when you have always identified as straight, and you’re in the middle of a snowstorm, trying not to die.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Mar 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Heather K (dentist in my spare time) by: Crystal
Kindle freebie 3/28/17 :)
Natalie
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
When I saw there were two formerly straight guys finding their bi-ness in the blurb, and decent ratings, I figured, what the hell. I'm sad to say this did not work for so many reasons. Mostly because these two characters were moved along at the speed of light. It was more than my suspension of disbelief could handle. The only points it got was for not having the guys actually fall into bed during their first three days together. However, they were both having insta-boners the day they met, like ...more
Ele
Apr 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Bi-erasure and magic penis galore. Failed and weird attempt at GFY, maybe? Bad writing too. Also, you 're an idiot when people throw insults at you, calling you a fag, and you just laugh like it's the best joke ever. Give me a break.
Christelle
2.5 stars, rounded up because it was an enjoyable read at the beginning for the first third of the book (a pro snowborder and a mountain rescuer who have to survive through a snow storm and realized they can be attracted to men and are attracted to each other). Then, it went completely OTT for my tastes and I couldn't get back into the story.
Jaime
4.5 stars to this Hot Gay For You Story

This is a fun, easy read and you will fall in love with the MC Ford and Reef. I enjoyed watching these two straight guys as they were drawn to each other, attracted to each other and eventually as they give in to those desires. There is very little conflict in this story and the supporting characters don't have much of a role.

Reef ends up in Queenstown New Zealand during his off season and find that although it wasn't his original destination it is a fun t
Raj
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one short & really intense read about a snow boarder & a mountain rescuer that is far superior to some novels of a grater length.And the best part of it is that it continues.It has a HFN ending & despite it's cold theme this novelette is blistering hot.
Nathan Burgoine
Mar 30, 2017 added it
Shelves: glbt
So, this book showed up in my in-box as a recommendation for an LGBT read, and as a freebie. I clicked it, read the description, saw the part about "opposite sex" and thought, oh, cool, a bisexual character. The blurb read like two bi guys of very different types (one a settle-downer, one a one-night-stand sort) finding chemistry and going from there.

So, to be clear for those of you who misread the blurb like I did, that's not what this book is at all. Instead, it's a double gay-for-you, and the
AG Reads
Aug 22, 2017 added it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 stars. Not a bad book if a little on the sweet side.
 ❤ 2 Girls & Their Kindles ❤ (Lynsey Goddard)
Loving the M/M's that are hitting my Kindle, and this one is no exception.

Reef Reid is a pro snowboarder, and a mishap lands him in a New Zealand ski resort, instead of tropical paradise where he wanted some much needed downtime. There he meets Stratford ‘Ford’ Wallace an instructor on the ski slopes. They both get trapped during a whiteout in a cabin where the book really starts to take shape.

The relationship builds steadily between Reef and Ford, it's a good love story and by the end you k
Anna
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Professional snowboarder Reef is trying to take some time off to relax and regroup. He has ended up in NewZealand at a resort where he meets Ford, who does ski rescues on the mountain. They are on their way down a mountain during a heli-skiing adventure when they get trapped in a storm and Ford helps them find their way to one of the mountain's rescue cabins. Several days together has both of them realizing that they are very attracted to one another. This is slightly confusing, since both have ...more
Lisa Cullinan
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-read
Great read ~ Love Reef and Ford ~

Wow, what a fantastic book about an American snowboarder and a British ski-rescuer. Reef Reid takes a break from his pro snowboard season and decides to head out for a much needed vacation. Ironically, he winds up in a beautiful New Zealand ski resort by mistake, instead of a warm Caribbean island. Siding with fate, he decides to enjoy the beautiful country and heads out on a heli-drop with the resort's rescue worker, Ford Wallace. An avalanche strands the two in
booklover
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**ARC RECEIVED FOR HONEST REVIEW**
REVIEWING FOR ONE CLICK AHOLICS BOOK GROUP
Whiteout certainly isn't a "Whiteout" as we meet Reef and Ford 2 apparently "straight" men.
Reef is just out of a relationship taking a break from training as a snowboarder.
Ford is a medic, single too, who takes Reef on a journey that not only lands them in trouble physically but also mentally.
WOW !! This story was so hot and so well written as we see both men fighting with their feelings, vehemently denying subconsciou
Tina
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. I devoured it in one sitting and and moving onto book 2 as soon as I finish typing this review. I completely fell in love with both of these characters. They are both incredibly strong and were completely going down the wrong path in life without even knowing it. Watching them realize that they were falling for each other fast and not thinking it was anyt other than the adrenaline of the situation they are faced with. You will fall in love with them as the authors take ...more
Shaztwirl
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plenty of what you want in this book. Some humour, a bit if dramatic action, some sizzle and 2 strong men not afraid to explore their feelings. Looking forward to the next book (but a little disappointed to think I had another half hour of reading in this one until turning the page and suddenly see "The end for now".
Dig
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 rounded up. I think I found the book that made me realize why I prefer audiobooks.

I liked the premise a lot, but execution was utter failure.

It moved on far too fast for two supposedly straight men that'd never been with another man before -- the homophobia from some of the friends didn't even make sense/ like it was so forced.

Also the giant paragraphs made it really really hard to keep my focus on. I reckon this is why I prefer audio. Someone reading it for me, and I pay more attention.
Bobbie Bomber
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbt, 2017-book-reads
This wasn't necessarily a bad book the characters were cute the plot was cute but the writing was just so subpar. The first part of the book moved so fast you hardly got to know the characters before the plot was full speed ahead. Also I didn't by either character as being "straight".
Also the time jumping between paragraphs was kind of annoying either end the chapter or make a break before jumping days/weeks ahead.

I am tempted to buy the second book but not to sure if I will.
Kevin
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I found this story unconvincing and poorly proofread. It's about two men lost in a storm and suddenly attracted to each other even though neither are gay and neither have ever had sex with another man.
There are way too many commas that interrupt phrases, and several other punctuation and spelling errors as well.
Daphne
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, 2017-books
This was fine. Simplistic and MCs were caricatures in part but sweet and fluffy in others.
Kirha
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given this arc by the author in exchange for my honest opinion

Reef Reid had his heart broken by a cheating girlfriend. That, coupled with is busy professional snowboarding schedule made his life crazy. He wanted to relax in the sun, but due to a scheduling mishap, he ended up in the mountains instead and it was there that something or someone unexpected happened.

Stratford “Ford” Wallace is a playboy, used to moving from one bed to the next. A rescue worker/expert skier, he was charged with
Zetti
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I am a sucker for M/M romances, it is by far my favourite romance genre. Naturally when I saw this book was up for review, I was all over it!

Reef is on a break from his pro snowboarding career as he needs some downtime after all the upheaval in his life. His ‘Momma bear’ books him on a flight to Queenstown, New Zealand when he actually was supposed to be going to Queensland, Australia. Somehow I think it was a ‘deliberate’ mistake.

He meets Ford, he is his guide/instructor on the ski slopes but u
Kathy
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
. I'll be honest in the beginning the book was a bit slow for me I was not sure if it was going to keep my attention or not but the further along I got into the book it got better. Reef a professional snowboarder needed some time away to chill and relax away from his normal practicing and competitions. His flight was booked to the wrong destination which actually turned out better than he imagined. It was a beautiful place where he could relax and unwind and end up meeting someone who captured h ...more
Kim
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Reef is a vacationing pro-snowboarder who longs for a real relationship, but has been hurt in the past. Ford is a mountain rescuer who does not believe in commitment and does not do repeats. These two strong men find themselves on a snowy mountain in a perilous situation.

Some high adrenaline events lead to danger, suspense, and some surprising reactions for these two straight men. They have to deal with their unexpected attraction, foreign feelings, outside perceptions, and the fact that their
Kirsty Turner
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

This is the first book of Ann’s I have read and I must admit I struggled to get into it at first so I put it down for a few days and then started again. The second time I was instantly absorbed into the story. Reef is a recently single pro snowboarder and is taking a break from his training. Ford is a medic who also rescues skiers when they are in trouble. You think you know where this is going but Ann takes you in a completely different directi
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
I love it when I find a new author that can keep me glued to my kindle.
Reef has just broke up with his cheating girlfriend and he needs a break for his fast paced life. He's a pro snowboarder and he needs a nice warm place to relax. Reefs Momma Bear makes a little mistake in his plans and sends him to snowy New Zeland. Of course at this point he doesn't really care, he needs a break. He is booked for a heli-tour. An that's where his life changes for the better. Reef meets Ford.
Ford works for the
Louise McKie
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Choosing to read this book for me was a major step out of my comfort zone. I don't read MM books, I never have done. It's never appealed to me before but the blurb on this book made me want to read it.

The storyline of the avalanche is fantastic, well written and makes you want to carry on reading to find out what happens next!!!

I'm very glad I read this. I love the chemistry between them. The fact they believe they are straight until they meet reveals to me that they are meant to be together.

I l
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~
Wonderful. *^* I've seen this book a long time and I had always read another book before. When the occasion was right I bought this book. And I can tell I fell in love with Reed and Ford. :3 Damn, these guys are hot. The topic is a bit new for me, taking place in a ski resort. :3

Also the chemistry was snow melting hot. Gosh, so sweet and cute how they explore each other... It felt natural although it was fast they had this connection but hey, emotions can spark this fast, so I'm fine with it &l
Maci Dillon
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't get enough of Reef and Ford. In my head, I could not grasp how two straight men could so easily be attracted to each other that way, but in my heart, I know #loveislove and they are completely adorable. I can't wait to read more of their journey in book 2! Wonderfully written with incredible characters and insane chemistry. This story will have fireworks sparking from your kindle!
LLEP  Book Blog
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A truly magical story of two supposedly straight men unable to fight their growing attraction to each other. Superbly written, Reef and Ford are a couple I cannot wait to read more of. Bring on Whitewash ;-)
  • Indigo Road
  • Piece by Piece (West End #3)
  • Chained (Bound Gods, #2)
  • Crimson Reign (The Crimson Nights Saga, #1)
  • Double Alchemy (Double Alchemy, #1)
  • My Cowboy Promises (The Cowboys, #4)
  • Out of Chances (Taken by the Panther, #2)
  • Favorite Obsession (Royal-Kagan Shifter World, #3)
  • Loving Emmett (Love and Salvage, #1)
  • A Spartan Love  (Spartan Love #1) (Apollo's Men #2)
  • Dying to Date (Fated Match, #2)
  • Fallen Down Under (Down Under, #2)
  • Vampire (Desires of Blood #1)
  • Evading (Regent Vampire Lords #4)
  • Fireproof
  • Past Hurts (Sizzling Miami #1)
  • Demon King's Desire (Elemental Sisters, #1)
By day Ann Grech lives in the corporate world and can be found sitting behind a desk typing away at reports and papers or lecturing to a room full of students. She graduated with a PhD in 2016 and is now an over-qualified nerd. Glasses, briefcase, high heels and a pencil skirt, she’s got the librarian look nailed too. If only they knew! She swears like a sailor, so that’s got to be a hint. The oth ...more

Unexpected (3 books)
  • White Noise (Unexpected #2)
  • Whitewash (Unexpected #3)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Wreckage
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)