Start by marking “An Earl's Guide to Catch a Lady (Misadventures of the Heart, #1)” as Want to Read:
An Earl's Guide to Catch a Lady (Misadventures of the Heart, #1)

An Earl's Guide to Catch a Lady

(Misadventures of the Heart #1)

Evelyn Tremaine HAS DREAMS TO TRAVEL THE WORLD…

And being outwitted by fate will not deter her!

But even she has to admit that waking up in the bed of a stranger with no memory might be a tiny wrinkle in her otherwise grand plan. Was he a peasant? A gunman? Perhaps a duke? Or was he just a figment of her imagination? Evelyn wasn’t about to lurk around and find out. But s
Published January 29th 2016 by Tanya Wilde

To ask other readers questions about An Earl's Guide to Catch a Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Earl's Guide to Catch a Lady

Start your review of An Earl's Guide to Catch a Lady (Misadventures of the Heart, #1)
Noura
Feb 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
It is very seldom that i give a 2 star let alone a 1 star to a book. I read this book till the end hoping that it'll get better towards the end. But no...sorry. Nope. I read the reviews and everyone said the book is awesome. I might just be the only one who doesn't like the book. So I'll give my reasons:

1) The characters in the story were just too predictable and 2-dimensional. Reclusive, handsome titled man vs overly stubborn, pretty titled girl. A pair of best girlfriends and a (possibly gay?)
Shruti
Jan 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Loved how the author kept seamlessly switching perspectives in between paragraphs . That is not something I have experienced before. And the story itself was very funny and entertaining with great plot and lovable , willful characters.

All in all, a memorable experience.
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I read this book on a whim, having never heard of the author or seen any reviews for the book, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

It was wonderful, I loved the story , the characters, everything. I liked seeing Evelyn ' s friends also play a role and I can't wait to read their own books.

I definitely would recommend this to lovers of historical romance out there. Very nicely done.
Tenille
Oct 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: nobody
Sorry in advance. This book is abhorrent. I didn't even want to finish it but I was committed to giving it this review.

The heroine, Evelyn, is your typical pretty English lady caught up in convoluted circumstances that she makes worse. I couldn't relate with a single one of her decisions. She is keenly aware of her position in society and is determined not to marry; she wants her freedom and loathes the idea of being owned by a husband. Knowing this, she still goes about putting herself in posit
Claudine
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Evelyn is a delightful entertaining character going from one self made humorous situation to another with her wild imagination that she lets run wild.

The story begins with Evelyn finding herself waking from a hangover in bed with a naked man with no recollection of the night before. Travelling alone Evelyn was plagued with "misfortune" after "misfortune", her lady's maid becoming sick while travelling to Bath and is left behind to recuperate with her family, her carriage breaks and needs repair
Carol
Jan 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book was absurd. I knew about 20% in I shouldn't continue reading because there was just too much nonsense. The characters were silly. The heroine was especially annoying in her fight to keep her independence. She was so contrary and immature! Oh no I want the hero! Oh no I don't want the hero! GO AWAY! NO KISS ME AND MAKE LOVE TO ME! LEAVE ME ALONE!! ..... That's the gist of her thoughts throughout nearly the whole book. And the hero was no better! I'm all for a possessive hero, but the wa ...more
Linda Walters
Jun 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
I tried,I really did. It started out with potential and some fairly good main characters. And for me it went downhill pretty quickly. It just felt like it got sillier and sillier. I'm talking about the situations that Evelyn put herself in. I kept hoping it would get better but at 68% I just had to give up. I couldn't finish it. It's like the story went on another confusing tangent and I was done.

I hate to say this about anyone's book that they have worked so hard on but there it is.
Leena Aluru
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Such a long winding,tedious book with a paper thin story line. As usual, the author mistakes a series of incidents(and in this case non incidents)as the story. As I mentioned this book lacks any story advancement till 75% of the book, and then wham, you have a completely new track happening paralelly. Random introductions of characters (Madeline Lovestop) , James Shaw and Jo's brother are introduced. Its obvious to bring about a continuity of her series.

Im confused with Evelyn and her 2 besties,
Nicole
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, ebook, erotica
While there were moments I loved, I spent a lot of the book frustrated. The heroine was whiny and manipulative, the hero obtuse. Too often new characters were introduced or changes occurred in the plot that had me wondering whether I had skipped pages or, at one stage, whether I had opened a new book. Some of these were explained, but often not in much detail. Others were left hanging. For example, we were never given an explanation about the letter Evelyn found in Matthew’s pocket when she stol ...more
Katrina Holder
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read

I enjoyed this book. Minus the few grammatical errors it was a light and fun read and a great introduction to the series. Loved the determination and the spirit of the heroine. In spite of being in a male dominated society she and her friends proved there was more to a woman than just vying for a good husband and provider.
Rosalinda
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read

I enjoyed reading this book a lot. Evelyn was funny with a crazy imagination. While Matthew was her opposite in so many ways. Both characters stubbornly refused to back down so you get a battle of wills that is both entertaining & sometime heartbreaking. I am looking forward to reading Jo's & Damian's book.
Erin
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Zena
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great Story!
This story had me smiling from beginning to end.
Oh, the secretiveness of the characters! The ladies against the men and each trying to outdo the other which made this such a refreshing tale and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
And, I do most definitely recommend it!
Çàtherine Ferdinand
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Entertaining read

I read an earlier book and enjoyed it. This book combines romance with interesting and complex characters. There is a little early Feminism as well.
Pat
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great 3 series book

Great writing. I read all 3 books. It's best to read in order. Can't wait for the book on Brahm??
Candy
Aug 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute story. I enjoyed it enough to want to continue the series.
Coco.V
Nov 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/11/2020)! 🎁
Debbie Dodd
Jan 16, 2021 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this book.
Liana Smith Bautista | Will Read for Feels
The first part of Tanya Wilde’s An Earl’s Guide to Catch a Lady had me enthralled; I loved the way Lady Evelyn Tremaine led Matthew on such a merry chase. As far as meet-cutes go, I thought theirs was decidedly heavy on the cute. I also enjoyed the auxiliary characters, Evelyn’s friends Jo and Beth and Matthew’s friends Simon and Damien. Especially Damien, because of rakish yumminess! And I can’t wait for the author to write all these characters’ novels!

As the story progressed, I’ll admit I had
Tonileg
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Historical English countryside romance.
Another start to the story with two strangers in bed, one naked and the other almost.
Evelyn know what she wants which is love and can differentiate between love and lust so the Earl in this story has to chase her a bit to get marriage with the help of Evelyn's brother and some friends that he didn't know he still had.
The brother was knifing and left Evelyn in danger which really bothered me once the beginning mishaps are explained. He basically leaves her a
Debra
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love it

First I have read more romance books in all eras and yes I know the making of a great writer, I don't take time to proof read because being a writer and holding your readers attention must be a challenge. I have read books by Cathy Maxwell, Sophie Jordan, Elizabeth Hoty, Sandra Hill, Danielle Harmon, and the list goes on. My point this is a great book and a page Turner and if you don't agree read it first and give your own opinion. I look forward and hope you will be letting me know how t
Catalina
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
It started off so well, I was truly enjoying their back and forth; the banter between them. Evelyn seemed a strong character, with defined aspiration and good intentions. Up until about half the book when the author decided to screw the novel with twists that are not well linked with the overall story, transformed the female character into the ever stereotypical chit, full of insecurities, running into the sun instead of accepting and acting accordingly to her feelings ..what can I say?! Yuck!
LeeAnna Lane
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
True Love Wins

In this book we find a young women living with her beloved brother. She is determined to keep her freedom and never lose that freedom by getting married. She lives in the time that women have no rights and a husband controls his wife's life and her money. Due to an adventure set in motion by others she meets an Earl who falls in love with her and tries to convince her to marry him. Then follow quite a few adventures in which she fights the Earl's. advances and determinations of win
Carrie
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet with a touch of women's rights.

enjoyed this romantic adventure. Some grammatical errors in the book. But a over all great short read historical romance. Matthew and Evelyn are very sweet couple to follow on their journey of mind over heart. With the help of two mischievous friends, with secret agendas and a twist of women's rights this book is a different kind of romance. Enjoy.
Uyen89
Feb 16, 2016 added it
I love the start of this story then it got convoluted fast

I love the start of this story then it got convoluted fast.

I feel in love with the H and h until they got to Bath. After Bath it became hard to follow. There were to many characters with to many subplot.

The h, who when I first read the story, thought fun strong character turn out to a complete ninny like all the other ninny I have read recently.
Shiho Sefton
Apr 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Entertaining but the story is a bit erratic

I found this novel to be quite entertaining but the erratic story line, much like the erratic heroine was difficult to follow. Many of the scenes didn't quite fit in and there were a few elements to the story line that didn't resolve themselves at the end.
Maria
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book for a new writer

Even though there were a few grammar errors, it didn't take away from the story. I enjoyed the book a lot. I will read more books from this author. I highly recommend the book.
Jessica Martin
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Good story line but...

I loved the idea of the plot but upon reading it, I discovered that it was repetitive and confusing. I often thought that maybe I missed a previous book due to the familiarity the author would write about new characters like we should know who they were.
Victoria
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Roxanne Miller
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good

I enjoyed the book but would have liked s something a bit more realistic. Will look for other books by this author
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 19, 2016 04:26PM

• The Thief Steals Her Earl
  • The Disappearance of Lady Edith (The Undaunted Debutantes, #1)
  • Dukes of War (Books 1-2): Historical Romance Collection (Regency Romance Tasters)
  • Once Upon a Townsbridge Story (The Townsbridges, #0.5)
  • Gabriella (Hiatt Regency Classics, #1)
  • Too Wicked to Kiss (Gothic Love Stories #1)
  • The Perfect Debutante (The Not So Saintly Sisters, #1)
  • Three Abductions and an Earl (Parvenues & Paramours, #1)
  • Letter from a Rake (The Duke of Strathmore #1)
  • Chills (Distinguished Rogues, #1)
  • Theodora (Lady Archer's Creed, #1)
  • The Duke's Bride (Regency Brides #1)
  • How to Capture a Duke (Matchmaking for Wallflowers, #1)
  • Stone Devil Duke (Hold Your Breath, #1)
  • Lord of Chance (Rogues to Riches #1)
  • The Viscount's Tempting Minx (The Dukes of War, #1)
  • Reason to Wed (Distinguished Rogues, #7)
  • Don't Tie the Knot (Wedding Trouble, #1)
Greetings Readers! I have a free book for you.

Get your copy of Under The Highland Sky here: https://www.subscribepage.com/underth...

Tanya Wilde developed a passion for reading when she had nothing better to do than lurk in the library during her lunch breaks. Her love affair with pen and paper followed soon after she had devoured all of the library’s historical romance books!

In 2020, she won the

Misadventures of the Heart (4 books)
  • A Lady's Guide to Kiss a Rake (Misadventures of the Heart, #2)
  • A Gentleman's Guide to Save a Lady (Misadventures of the Heart, #3)
  • Give Your Heart a Rake (Misadventures of the Heart, #4)