Start by marking “The Long Way Home (Davenport, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Long Way Home (Davenport, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Long Way Home

(The Davenport Series #1)

He had a boat. She needed a ride. A simple lift turned into the adventure of a lifetime.
When Meg was stranded in the Bahamas, her life was dramatically changed through an encounter with an old friend that turned into adventure, danger, and discovery.
Meg Freeman and Jon Davenport began a surprising adventure, connected to a 17th century, shipwrecked Spanish galleon. Both
Published February 14th 2016 by GreenTree Publishers (first published January 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Long Way Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Long Way Home

Mary Freitag
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully refreshing.

I couldn't put it down. True page turner full of so many emotions. Grief, anger, friendship, danger and excitement w a hint of romance. Great book. Can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Dinnl
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoyed it. Thought the prologue unecessary. 3.5 stars
Jama Conner
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!

This was a wonderful book!!! Jon and Meg are great characters!!! I hope they get together in future stories! Can't wait to read the next one!!!
Rosie
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The day that the casualty notification officers came to Meg Freeman’s door had been one that had changed Meg Freeman’s life forever. They had brought news that her husband, Steve, had been fighting on a secret mission in Afghanistan and had been killed in action. Three years later, Meg decides to finally give herself closure while on an island getaway – a holiday which had been meant for her and Steve.

Jon Davenport had just bought himself a yacht. He wanted to be free of the heartbreaking memor
C.A. Knutsen
I liked the characters, the treasure, the adventure. There was too much description and two aspects of the book seemed improbable to me. The ending was not satisfying.
Edwina Cowgill
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have just finished reading The Long Way Home, the debut novel of author Judah Knight.

When you read the book it will be obvious why the author chose the title, The Long Way Home. The story is about the hero and heroine taking the "long way home." Had Mr. Knight desired a subtitle, "The Long Way Home: Adventures on the High Seas" would have captured the complete story. The hero and heroine, Jon and Meg,encountered a myriad of circumstances while on the seas. A 17th century shipwrecked Spanish g
Victoria
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imagine this: a picturesque Bahamas, treasure, pirates, terrorists, a great adventure, and a beautiful stranger who has the potential to turn your life upside down. The Long Way Home by Judah Knight has all of those and more.

It’s usually difficult to balance adventure, romance, and suspense in a book because one of the three always seems to overpower the other two. But Knight managed to do it in The Long Way Home. Cleverly executed, the narrative moves swiftly from one plot point to another as
Franky
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I have to say, this book is action-packed like crazy. It has romance, adventure, a hunt for sunken treasure and even a terrorist plot that has to be stopped. Meg Freeman opts to take the "long way home" when she finds herself stranded in the Bahamas. All her things, including her ticket home, are stolen and she doesn't know what to do until she runs into her old crush, Jon Davenport. Jon gives her a ride back to the states on his yacht, but a relaxing trip filled with scuba diving in the go ...more
Kelly
Apr 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this was an uneven book. The descriptions of diving, salvage were great! I feel like I got an understanding of the process.

The storyline was a lot over the top, something a teen would fantasize. Wealth, heroics, the president... I reached the point of guessing what fantasy would be next.

I don't often review books. This one I am reviewing because I am so mixed up on how I feel about it. It needed better editing. I am pretty sure the editor dozed, because they were dosed up on something. (Re
Rachel
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, firstreads
I received this book from the goodreads first reads program.
It pains me to rate this book so low because the teaser on the back made ot sound like a mist read. Unfortunately I ended up having to force myself to finish reading it. The speech was overly formal, especially for two people that have been friends since childhood. The formality of the speech slowed down the reading process significantly.
The parts of the book that I found interesting were glazed over and seemed to be sidenote while th
Linda
Apr 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free on Goodreads Firstreads. Thank you for choosing me as one of the winners! The book cover is beautiful and I look forward to reading the book and giving an honest review!

After finishing the story, I have mixed feelings on this book. How do I explain that? The basic storyline was good, the search for treasure was the best part - so descriptive, I felt as if I was in the water right with them. But the characters didn't come alive, most of the dialogue was too simple, a
Elaine
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-chlenge
Meg, a recent widow, meets a long lost friend who is in the Bahamas the same time she is. It seems that Jon too has lost his spouse and when he finds that Meg is stranded without luggage or money, he offers to take her home to Florida on his boat. Romance blooms but little did they realize that they were being followed by terrorists hoping to capture Jon's boat. Meg and J0n find themselves in great danger as they are involved in combating a terrorist plot.
Not bad but a bit wordy at times especia
Connie Roberts
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting story

I chose this rating for the simple reason that it was hard to put down. I loved all the descriptions of the ocean fish and the excitement of the next find of treasure. I loved the kindness of Jon and the love between him and Meg. I also loved the suspense of wondering if someone would try to hurt them while they were under water . I would definitely recommend this book and other books from this author.
Deborah Wells
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a fun book to read. I had a hard time putting it down. There was just the right touch of mystery and suspense. Having also done some diving, I enjoyed the underwater descriptions. The descriptions throughout the book were so vivid I could picture myself in each scene. Very enjoyable pleasure reading.
Debbie
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ok

This was just ok. It wraps up part of the story but not all. You have to buy the next book to find out what happens. And I didn't like it well enough to read the next one. It is supposed to be a thriller but I thought it was kind of slow in lots of parts. I didn't feel a connection with the characters either.
Judy Miller
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an awesome book to read in the summer. When you go to the beach, you can read this. It is all about a couple who fall in love and end up going to an island in the Caribbean and the exciting adventures that ensue. It is so refreshing to read a story involving the lifestyles of the "rich and famous" and not have to endure trashy language and situations. I can't wait for the sequel!
Celeste Behsmann
What a page turner

I honestly couldn't put the book down. I loved the hyperlinks for the Kindle so that you could find out more about the fish they were "seeing",

The writing was very descriptive and I could really visualize what I was reading. Can't wait for the next one which is already loaded and ready to read in my kindle!
Ed Fritz
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Romance Novel

This was a pleasant romance novel with a beautiful heroine and a wealth handsome hero. Thrown into the mix are a few villains who try to thwart the lovers. Good read.
Carol
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I liked the story, but it was a hard book to finish. There were just so many things that didn't make sense, events that were too far out & side stories that were too distracting. Lots of typos & grammar errors too. It just drug on & on & on.
Fiona
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
Enjoyed this a lot. Good escapism!
Janet
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good, hope to read more
Victoria
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Joellen
Jul 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Omg, this story is so over the top, full of cliches and stereotypes, it's laughable... If only it were meant to be a silly comedy. I skimmed to the end, just to get to the happily-ever-after.
Geri Ann
  • Country Girls
  • Free Gift with Purchase
  • Once in Every Generation
  • Summer Melody
Story telling has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. I told countless bedtime stories to my six children through the years making them an important part of each adventure. My first written story came at the age of six when I wrote about the experience of the death of my dog. Now, as an adult, I can lose myself in an adventure and take thousands of people along for the ride. ...more

The Davenport Series (3 books)
  • Hope for Tomorrow (The Davenport Series #2)
  • Finding My Way (The Davenport Series Book 3)