Start by marking “Wardens of the Everqueen” as Want to Read:
Wardens of the Everqueen

Wardens of the Everqueen

(The Realmgate Wars #5)

The War of Life rages on, as Torglug the Despised and the forces of Nurgle seek to destroy the Everqueen. But with their new Stormcast allies, the beleagured sylvaneth at last have a hope of victory...

Athelwyrd, the last great bastion of Ghyran’s sylvaneth, has fallen to the pestilent servants of the Plague God. At their head, the warlord Torglug the Despised will do
Published February 6th 2016 by Black Library

To ask other readers questions about Wardens of the Everqueen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wardens of the Everqueen

Start your review of Wardens of the Everqueen
DarkChaplain
Wardens of the Everqueen is, in my eyes, a royal mess of a novel. Reading it frustrated me to no end, and it took every speck of will to see it through to the end. I even had to make a list of problems it has, just so I wouldn't forget some due to the sheer amount of issues I found.

First off, this novel continues the plotline revolving around Lord-Celestant Gardus and Lord-Castellant Grymn and the Hallowed Knights, who have been sent to the Realm of Life to find the Everqueen and protect her
Lionel Taylor
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book picks up where one of the earlier books left off. In this one, The Hallowed Knights must defend the Everqueen against the forces of Nurgle led by Torglug The Despised. With their leader slain in the earlier battle with Nurgle their second in command Lord Castellant Lorus Grymn must lead them into battle with the help of a few notable allies. This book is a good mix of action and dialogue and gives the reader some more insight into the characters that were not mentioned in the earlier ...more
Michael Dodd
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Following on from Josh Reynolds’ novellas in War Storm and Ghal Maraz, this continues the story of the Hallowed Knights in the realm of Ghyran, as they fight to protect the Everqueen, Alarielle, from falling into the hands of Nurgle’s champion Torglug the Despised.

As the book progresses it becomes clear that its early promise is partly maintained, but only partly. The journey becomes something of a slog, bogged down in battle after battle, and while the overall arc allows Grymn, Torglug and co.
Eric Smith
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Not a bad story but I couldn’t get a great feel for the characters. Still enjoyed reading it for the most part.
Lawrence
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: age-of-sigmar
Enjoyable enough, finally with some variation, but with some glaring pacing issues.
David Guymer
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Continuing the chronological progression of the Realmgate Wars series, this follows on from Josh Reynolds' novella in Ghal Maraz focussing on the alliance between the Hallowed Knights and the Sylvaneth against the hosts of Torglug the Despised, and also, in a way, from C.L. Werner's own entry in Hammers of Sigmar. As is often proving to be the case, the Chaos characters provide most of the interest and Torglug is a particularly intriguing antagonist, actually harbouring doubts about whether he's ...more
Heinz Reinhardt
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
For whatever reason, when I'm at my lowest ebb, fantasy fiction has always been the only thing to pull me through some really dark moments. And the best type of fantasy to aid my psyche are the stories that have heroes battling long odds. Some of the best of that is Warhammer.
I had read this before, earlier in the year, but had to reread it recently as it's very much a tale of outnumbered heroes battling hordes of evil, vile, dark foes bent on the eradication of life.
Set in the newish Age of
Dan Findlay-Robinson
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Only The Faithful!

Really enjoyed the book, was a real tale of overcoming adversity and really grew the character of the Hallowed Knights which is always good. Unfortunately the ending was not quite as I hoped - a fantastic spectacle and still enjoyable but less than that which is hoped for.

Still a cracking book and recommended reading
Kenneth
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: warhammer
Protecting the Everqueen from Chaos.
Christian
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Page to page epic action with a very memorable bad guy. I wish more 40K fiction was at this level.
Yeoman
Feb 11, 2017
Sasha
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: age-of-sigmar
Compared to some of the other books in the Realmgate wars I enjoyed this story very much. It continues the story of the Hallowed Knights but with their Leader gone falls to their 2IC Lord Castellant Grymn to lead them and protect Alarielle the Everqueen from the forces of chaos.

I found Grymn and the antagonist a champion of Nurgle to be interesting characters to read about as the book is told from both their positions.
Fotis Larm
It was a good book, i really enjoyed it, but the story was unecessarly prolonged (the middle part).
I must admit the realmgate wars is getting better and better, as the story progresses.
Daeron
Jan 20, 2018
Wesley Lunsford
May 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Plague War (Dark Imperium #2)
  • Dark Imperium (Dark Imperium #1)
  • Black Rift (Legends of the Age of Sigmar)
  • Deliverance Lost (The Horus Heresy #18)
  • Prospero Burns (The Horus Heresy #15)
  • The Primarchs (The Horus Heresy #20)
  • The First Heretic (The Horus Heresy #14)
  • Soul Wars (Warhammer Age of Sigmar)
  • Spear of Shadows (Eight Lamentation #1)
  • Magnus the Red: Master of Prospero (The Horus Heresy: Primarchs #3)
  • First and Only (Gaunt's Ghosts #1)
  • Age of Darkness (The Horus Heresy #16)
  • Know No Fear (The Horus Heresy #19)
  • Perdition's Flame (Warhammer Horror)
  • The Watcher in the Rain
  • Wanted: Dead (The Black Library Novella Series 1 #6)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Will of Iron #1
  • The Way Out: Part 3 (Digital Horror Week 2019 #6)

The Realmgate Wars (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Gates of Azyr