Start by marking “Wake Me Up (Tainted Ink, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wake Me Up (Tainted Ink, #1)

Wake Me Up

(Tainted Ink #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  420 ratings  ·  54 reviews
This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN B00GDOP3NQ.

Twenty-two-year old Emma runs from a devastating life. Wanting to escape her demons with the help of her crazy friend Chloe, she travels halfway across the world.
Alone, Emma must make a fresh start in the small town of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. She doesn't let anyone near her, until Aiden.
Aiden gives her a glimpse
Published January 2016 by MA Horst (first published October 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wake Me Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wake Me Up

really liked it 4.00  ·

Maayan
WAKE ME UP is FREE!!!

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GDOP3NQ
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GDOP3NQ

"If i had wings I'd fly, I'd soar on high where only eagles dare I'd let them rip, I'd let them tear, untill all that remained was me bare."

This book was definitely a pleasant surprise! I didn't know what I was getting into when I started reading it, and I loved every minute of it :)

My Emma: 22 years old. British. Virgin.

My Aiden: 27 years old. Southern boy. undercover detective. F
Madiha J Bookblogger
5 Around the World and Back Stars

This was truly a beautiful, emotional read. The writing was beyond perfection and the words simply touched my heart !

Emma runs away from her depressing life and her mean mother to live a life of freedom. She travels all the way to America, to cherish and experience all the adventures and freedom in her life. There she meets Aiden who happens to be her roommate too. She had decided to just hook up with some American bloke for one-night stand, but Aiden becomes e
Liza
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate. ~C. Joybell C.

A second chance in life.
This is what all Emma is asking for. Her mother won't allow her freedom and makes her a prisoner of nightmares that hunts her.
But Emma fights back. Emma loves. Emma wakes up.

I feel real connection to the story. All events were real th
Michelle Horst
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I hope you all enjoy Aiden and Emma's journey! Here are some of my favorite parts of the book -

“Yeah, she made me fall so hard that I’m still fallin’.”

Then she moans and opens her mouth, and I feel like I’m teetering on the edge of heaven’s bliss. I thought I‘d been to heaven and back before, but this is different. She has me standing on the edge of the unknown, and when our tongues meet, I want to just free-fall.

You can visit me on my Facebook page where you can get your eBook signed with a pe
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 Cranky stars!

Warning: This novel is intended for mature audiences over the age of 18 only. It contains graphic scenes of sex, violence and strong language.

Synopsis
Aiden gives her a glimpse of what love r
Christie72
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.***

Wake Me Up is a heartbreaking story of abuse and second chances. Emma has fled her home in England to the southern part of the United States to escape the mental abuse of her mother. Little does she know how much her life is going to change especially when she meets undercover detective, Aiden. He helps her escape a potentially dangerous situation she finds herself in when she goes to a bar the first night in town. Aiden becom
Heather andrews
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aiden I loved his thoughts, actually I just loved him in general, "then she surprise me by trailing her hands down and taking hold of my pants. She grinds down real hard into me, making my vision blur for a second. This is not good, I'm definitely not going to be able to keep control of anything if she goes down there." He likes to reassure Emma that nothing bad happened while she was drunk off her a**, "we didn't have sex, if that is the reason for all the bloody hells," he smiles, and it makes ...more
Phoenix Lynx
THE TAINTED INK SERIES is a new series by Michelle Horst. It plays of in a small Southern town in South Carolina, and each book is a stand alone, although they are all woven together with the next. It’s recommended you read series in order:

Wake Me Up – Aiden and Emma (book 1)
You're The One – Cole and Lily (book 2)
We're Not Broken – Logan and Hayley (book 3)
I Won't Give Up – Wyatt and Reece (book 4)
Holding You Close – Zac and Chloe (book 5)

In Wake Me Up we read about Aiden and Emma’s story.
This
Conny
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading the Valbaara-series, I thought nothing can top these two books but this one literally was the cherry. I basically have sucked in this book.

The story of Emma and Aiden made me smile, laugh and almost cry. I felt so deeply for Emma especially the flashbacks were written so heart wrenching realistic that I wanted to grab and just save her. And Aiden is not just the most stunning heartthrob-bloke (first I've been really confused by the word 'bloke' but now I love it) but a REAL man. Ex
Nathalie Werner
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most heartwrenching and eye-opening novel's I've ever read. The life of Emma isn't a very happy one. So she escapes to the US, in the hopes to start living for real. That's were she meets Aiden, her knight in shining amour. I immediately fell in love with both characters, especially the switching of POVs made it easy to feel for both of them right from the beginning. Emma's fate really got to me right from the beginning because being abused by your own family is something not ...more
Kelly Fletcher
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Love is a petty thing Aiden - it destroys"

and there it is in a nutshell - I was destroyed by Aiden and Emma

Poor Emma has escaped to America away from a tyrannical, abusive mother and father devoid of anything useful at all. She is desperate to try new things, to experience new things and she is certainly going to find that.

Aiden Holden is amazeballs and that is all. Just about everything about this bloke makes me swoon. I love his family interplay, I love how descriptive his thoughts are.

The mo
Jan
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Bloody good read

Love a book with British characters but its seems this pair had more to learn from each other than vocabulary.

lots going on in this read its not fast paced but intriguing.

Escaping abuse fleeing to the America Emma ends up with a room mate she certainly wasnt expecting.

Aiden certainly wasn't expecting to fall fast and hard,Emma is a puzzle this detective wants to solve and at the same time he has the urge to protect her, kiss away the hurt.

Twists and turns throughout the book sl
Soxie
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, the story was really good, the Characters are likable well most of them this is the first book i have read from Michelle overall i loved it .. does need a bit of proof reading but other than that i can't fault it , can't wait to see what happens next with this series
Ladyofthelibrary
I will be honest, this is not my type of book at all. However, it is a guilty pleasure indeed. I really loved the characters and the story. I couldn't put this book down. I don't do e-books, this was my first. However, I am more than willing to invest to keep up with this new indie author!
Pamela Lilley
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book from the beginning. Completely fell in love with Aiden, what a fantastic book boyfriend. Kind, considerate, loving and hot
K.A. Graham
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michelle Horst put her heart and soul into this story, and the emotions overflow through out every single page. This is a journey through heartbreak, abuse, and finding the light at the end of the tunnel. A very powerful story, and something all too many of us can relate to, whether you have family or friends struggling with addiction, or yourself, there’s always hope!

Emma has run from her life in England and the chaos that consumes it, to the United States, to seek some kind of clarity. There s
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Star Rating: 5 bloody shining stars!

***ARC gifted by author in exchange for an honest review***

I love me a good English girl, this one truly got to me. I know what it feels like to go through what Emma did. It gets better when you do find someone like Aiden. Aiden you handsome charmer you, I was truly surprised when I was reading and found out who you truly are. I won't go into too much cause I don't want to spoil it for others but I will say this...please please please take the time and meet Em
This books
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me gripped from the start.
This story is heartbreaking after years of abuse at the hands of her mother Emma feels empty, alone and never feels good enough for anyone or anything. She doesn't know what loves is and doesn't think she can be loved.

Emma decides to leave her parents house and go to America, on her first night there she meets Aiden. Emma offers Aiden to have a one night stand only to find out he's her new flat mate (how embarrassing).

There's an instant attraction between
Melissa Cheslog
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an exciting story about breaking free of what other's want for us and learning to be the person we want to be. Emma has left England for Chapel Hill North Carolina to get away from her troubles. Chloe is her best friend from nursing school and is still in England dealing with her own issues. Aiden is the first person Emma truly meets in her new hometown on her first night out on the town. The plot thickens as Emma and Aiden find out that they are roommates. As the plot continues to thick ...more
Sophie
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've just finished wake me up, my emotions are a mess, I'm soaring through so many feelings and I feel drained, but not in a bad way! You see when you read Michelle's books she takes you on a journey. A journey that once you've climbed aboard you can't get off, mainly because you don't want to! Michelle's writing is so emotive and compelling. This book gripped my heart and soul from page one. My heart shatters for Emma and her life, I don't know where Michelle gets her inspiration from but her s ...more
Whitney Cannavina
This book is definitely an emotional read. Aiden is a sweetheart with a secret while Emma is trying to fight for her independence from a horrible life at home. As she travels across the world to America she meets Aiden and instantly feels at ease in his presence. As they struggle through her heartache of her abused life and his job they find that they only need each other. It's definitely an emotional read and Emma has experienced a lot of pain at the hand of her parents and Aiden I there trying ...more
Morgan Terry
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Michelle has managed to take me on another beautifully written journey! Getting lost in this wonderfully written book, I got to experience the life of a person learning not only about the world for the first time, but herself. Emma comes from a very damaged home. Aiden manages to not only break her free from the chains of a sheltered life, but he finally shows her what true love is all about. While the book does have some very dark moments, the good ones definitely outshine those! Esp ...more
Amy Dexter
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have fallen in love with this author. She's brilliant. She has an incredible way of writing that pulls your emotions through the ringer. Who wouldn't want an Aiden in their lives to battle all of Emma's demons. Some cross over with the boundaries series - great characters, loose storyline in the sense it's all about the journey Emma has as a person - storyline almost secondary to the emotions in this book. It's great.
Debbie
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have now read all 'The Boundaries series' and 'The Tainted Ink series' and although these series can be read alone I would thoroughly recommend starting right st the beginning and reading in publication date order because they do sort of cross and I imagine all the stories yet to come may cross over more? I could be wrong! But they are so amazing you'll want to read them all anyway!!! Can't wait for the next books......... (Just hope it isn't too long to wait because they are so good!)
❤️Melanie
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
****4 Around The World And Back Stars*****

This is a touching story of growing strong and finding love from being abused. Emma is a young woman escaping an abusive life with her mum by fleeing to America. Aiden is an uncover detective working a case when he meets Emma. From that day on, they are bound together by their need for more. This is a beautifully written story. I do wish it gave more with Chloe, Emma's bff and closure with Emma's family drama.
Jolene
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given the honor of reading and reviewing for an awesome author. I absolutely loved this book. Poor Emma had so much she dealt with just trying to find happiness. And Aidan trying to get through all his issues. Together even more is added in their lives. It was awesome how they worked together to help each other and make their lives better.
Kristine Mcginnis
She pulls you in right from the beginning!
Another amazing story by Michelle. I could not put this book down. The characters are so real and relatable. I can really only say that you need to experience this wonderfully told story of heartache, love, and second chances for yourself as soon as possible.
Keri Anderson (Gilson)
I loved it! I love how the story is told in Emma and Aidan's POV. I also like how you have Aidan the southern boy and Emma being British. You get both sides of their story. The plot and everything worked. I was hooked the moment I started reading. This one is a must add to your TBR list!
Amy Rogers
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so love Aiden. I absolutely loved the story! I Adore Aiden! He is such a treasure! I really liked Emma. My heart broke for her! I smiled and I cried but in the end it was perfect! I can not wait for more stories from this series!
Janet Hammons
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

Very good book. The story line was good. Michelle made the characters true colors very vivid. The evil of the villain and the sweetness of the hero's. Loved it.
  • Lost and Found: The Complete Series
  • Lily (A Force of Nature Fairytale #2)
  • Broken (Save Me, #2)
  • Flawless
  • Healing Rain (Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Anonymous
  • Stakeout (Stalker #1)
  • You and Me (Together, #2)
  • Muse (Fighting Fate, #1)
  • Messy and Shattered (Abduct, #1)
  • The Promises We Keep (Made for Love, #1)
  • Fading Out (Living Heartwood, #3)
  • To Have and to Hold
  • Redeemed: Part IV (Bad Blooded Rebel, #1)
  • Tailspin (Better Than You, #2)
  • Hero of Mine (Men in Uniform, #2)
  • Life After
  • Twisted Secrets
Please find me under my new profile Michelle Heard.

This profile is no longer being used.

Michelle Heard is a Bestselling Romance Author who loves creating stories her readers can get lost in. She loves an alpha hero who is not afraid to fight for his woman.

Want to be up to date with what’s happening in Michelle’s world? Sign up to receive the latest news on her alpha hero releases, sales, and great

Tainted Ink (3 books)
  • Wyatt (Tainted Ink, #2)
  • Zac (Tainted Ink, #3)
“Every bird of prey looks over its shoulder before it goes in for the kill, even a hawk. Even they know to watch their backs – every single one but an eagle. It’s fearless.” 11 likes
“It's the easiest thing in the world to be kind to someone, to show love, to forgive. You are born with this instinct - it should be your first reaction. NOT violence, anger and hatred! That is something we are taught, it's a Choice You Make.” 8 likes