Start by marking “Locked Box” as Want to Read:
Locked Box

Read Book

Locked Box

(Locked Box #1)

Julia Bennett isn’t having a great day. Funding for her video game is low, her day job is sucking her dry, and to cap it all off she’s locked in a police station with the very handsome, extremely married guy she’s been avoiding at all costs.

Max Connor isn’t having a great year. He’s getting divorced, his best friend is squatting in his house, and his inappropriate crush o
Published March 7th 2016 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Locked Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Locked Box

Start your review of Locked Box
Pearl Angeli
3 Stars!

You got to give it to Eve Dangerfield when it comes to writing the steamiest novel, so steamy that just picking up the book will guarantee to make you blush.

It's my second time to read a book written by Eve Dangerfield. The first one was Degrees of Control which was yet again, another sex-filled romance erotica that was a pleasure to read. Locked Box is a story that tells about the characters Max Connor and Julia Bennett. These characters had a one-time hook-up years ago when Julia was s
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
Going to punish me, Max? Going to make me suffer?”
“Baby, you are gonna get fucked so hard. Once you’re wet enough, I’m gonna turn you over and drill you ’til that smart mouth can’t say anything but my fucking name.”

Stop what you're doing!!

Right now!

Do you hear that?

That's the sound of BOTH of my ovaries exploding. Because sweet baby Jesus this book. THIS BOOK. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Eve Dangerfield never fails to make my ovaries happeh.

She serves up delic
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

”What if love at first sight wasn’t bullshit?”

[image error]

Based in Australia, this story is very angsty, very sexy, and has a great backstory. All factors which make this one a very entertaining read. Our heroine, is the snarky IT girl, Julia Bennett of the Brenthill Police Department. Julia gets locked in the property office with her long time crush, Constable Max Connor. Max has been unattainable since she has started at the station, to Julia, he’s a happily married man.

”Love mi
Stacey is Sassy
The romance reading world has a new Aussie hero to fall in love with…Max!

***4.5 Stars***

A high!! I got the HIGH!! Nothing makes a romance reader more excited than finding a book that leaves you on a high. Locked Box!!! Oh My Lordy!! Locked Box!!! One more time…LOCKED BOX!!!

Seriously…I had my reservations to start with. The blurb mentions the hero is… MARRIED!! Anyone who knows me knows that I FREAK OUT about cheating. I started this book which is from Julia’s POV thinking, Eve…Love…what are you
Isabella. R
5 Bratty and Mischievous Stars ⭐

Julia Bennett has always had the hots for Senior Constable Max Connor. The fact that he's married, keeps him well out of reach unless it's in her dreams.

Morally it sucked. What kind of person fantasized about stealing someone's husband? Her feminist self was constantly slapping her brain with a wet towel.

However when both Julia and Max get locked up together in the evidence room of Brenthill Police Station, they are both in for some revelations. Over a shared bot
Aisling Zena
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Free on Amazon.co.uk at the time of posting!

Big thank you to my friend Erika for it!
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont. Romance
Series : - Stand Alone
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Melanie A.
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scribd
4.5 STARS!
Love and sex had potential to be amazing but they required risk.
Filthy and smart.

It's official, I love Eve Dangerfield.

She's part of a very short list of authors who write my favorite combo . . . though I'm never sure what to call it:
===> smutty literature?
===> intelligent trash?
===> well-written yumminess with depth?
[Ooooh, that last one, for sure! lol.]

And even better, Locked Box had some really funny moments too.

The plot in a nutshell: Over the weekend, Max and Ju
Liz
Reading this book makes me upset. Not upset about the book which I absolutely loved, but about the fact that author Eve Dangerfield is no longer writing erotica novels. She has natural talent in her bones as she can easily create sexy novels with great characters. She's yet to write a book that I haven't loved.
Carol
I have decided not to finish this book.....DNF at 25%. I am not sure if it is the limited storyline here (two individuals trapped in a locked police evidence room) or the characters but I am struggling to go on reading....which is seriously depressing after I just recently discovered this remarkable author.

The last two books that I read by Eve Dangerfield were so captivating and I was beyond riveted to my kindle....sadly that is not the case here. The writing is fine but I am a little bored and
Widala
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up.
This is a funny and sexy read.
I like both main characters.
Julia was a struggling game maker, who had the side job as an IT girl. The funny part in this book mostly came from her sense of humour.
Max was your model cop, both in attitude and appearance. He liked dirty talk during sex but didn't really confident doing it. It was cute when he was all like 'take it slut! oh I'm sorry'.
They had feelings for each other for years, so when the author kindly locked them together, it
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 stars! This was a good book! This was the story of Julia and Max. Julia is an IT specialist at the police station. Max is her hot policeman co-worker. Through a series of unfortunate events, they get locked in the evidence room together on a Friday afternoon and are forced to spend they weekend with each other. Julia has been attracted Max for a long time, but has avoided him because she thinks he is married. However, he has been separated for years and his divorce is almost final. During thei ...more
bella farren
2.5 / 5 stars

I started this series completely in the wrong order, reading this book after I finished the second and I was slightly disappointed. When I came across Julia Bennett and Max Connor in Open Hearts, I fell in love with them and was so excited to read their story, completely sure I would fall in love with it.

Stupid me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed some of this book but nothing really captured my attention or interest. A bit of a meh book for me, these character's cameos in Open Heart
Meggie
4 stars!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I was in the mood for a light, sexy, fun read, and since I loved my last (and only) Eve Dangerfield , I decided to take a shot on this one. I was not disappointed; I find the author both talented and hilarious, and she also writes the hell out of a sex scene. That being said, I didn't love it as much as Degrees of Control, probably because it didn't have the edge. Still, my ovaries definitely loved it and it made me laugh out loud more than once, so it was definitely a success.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Locked Box by Eve Dangerfield
3.5 stars!!

“What if love at first sight wasn’t bullshit?”

This book was a recommendation and first of all I was pleasantly surprised that it was set in Australia, so we have some hot Australians to swoon over for a change. This book is a little angsty, with some great sexual tension and actually had a kind of unique back story that was revealed during the read. But I have to say all this tension and angst was perfectly balanced with some great wit at times
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I read the blurb I thought to myself, hot cop—check, nerdy IT girl—check, locked-in-a-room-all-by-themselves… Oh my Goodness!!! The heat these two radiated made me wonder how that room didn't melt.

Max and Julia definitely have the hots for each other, yet they choose to ignore those feelings until an unforeseeable circumstance leaves them at each other’s mercy. Their discussion on things they are passionate about starts to ignites the fire and passion they both feel, and let me say, I could
Elle
3* STARS!

Mini review:
Another dirty & kinky read. I enjoyed their banter at first but I'm easily bored when they started to have sex. Why? Well, Julia is a sexy nerd with a shameless crush to Max Connor. Julia was annoyed by the fact that he's a married man. But Max couldn't open to Julia's offer more than sex. Yeah, their sex was a total mind-blowing and everything happened too fast. Apparently, they shared some misunderstanding in the past that make Max couldn't be with Julia. Overall, I feel
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
Mar 15, 2017 marked it as waiting-on-kindle-tbr
Free!!! Amazon US Kindle 3/15/17

US

AU (Free 4 you guys too!!! I hope the link works)

UK (Again, hope the link works)
Rosanna Leo
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Eve Dangerfield writes books that are witty, sexy and fun. Every time I crack one open, I know I'm going to smile a lot. Locked Box was no exception. The premise is interesting. An IT geek girl and her hot cop crush get accidentally locked in an evidence room at the police station for the weekend. Julia, the IT girl, has loved Max for years. Max, on the other hand is married... or is he? As the strange weekend unfolds, they succumb to temptation and are forced to confront emotions neither of the ...more
Aisling Zena

To Eve Dangerfield! I want to play Scarlet Woman!!

description

Free on Amazon.co.uk at the time of posting!

Big thank you to my friend Erika for it!

P.S. For some reason this has two editions read and I can't merge them or switch without deleting the other..
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Having been one of the readers of Eve Dangerfield's debut novel “Degrees of Control”, I knew that she knew how to bring the heat but after experiencing Max and Julia there is not any doubt how incendiary her writing can be. I finished with a racing pulse, out of breath, and my mind had take up residence in the gutter. Locked Box is a unique story with complex, sultry characters that will leave you with a completely different view of police stat
Lindy at BookBlinders
A quick, enjoyable read.
There are some elements to the story that aren't my precise cup of tea but pressing on rewarded me with some fun, sexy times.
Set in Australia, an IT girl for the local law enforcement station becomes locked in the evidence room with the object of her secret fantasies, the very hot, very married constable she's been crushing on.
The marriage thing was an issue for me and had me cringing from the start but, luckily, that was a complication that proved to be a nonissue after
Angie H.
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my second Eve Dangerfield book and my favorite so far! I loved Constable Max Connor (doesn't that name just sound sexy) ;-) It was a fun laugh out loud read and super sexy! I was a little anxious over the married blurb but the blurb did not give the whole story ... it didn't take long for the concern to be relieved. The h was fun and strong (major plus in books). If you're looking for a fun and sexy read then this is it!
Christine
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scribd
Julia and Max were hot, hot, hot together and made a dirty, dusty, grim police station evidence room hotter than a scene set in a sex club. But the scenes outside the station when Max and Julia had to confront their own fears and insecurities were gorgeously done as well. Sexy, funny, conflicted and wholly original. I had no idea this was the author's second book and now I can't wait to see what else she comes up with.
J
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up to 4 stars. I actually enjoyed reading this steamy, dirty talking book. The H got on my nerves a little with his hot and cold "I want you...we can't do this again" attitude multiple times, but overall this was a nice read. Don't be afraid of the Australian author, very little translation is needed.
Heather Blair
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost 4 but not quite. Too much BS to go any higher, though the writing was excellent.
Jade Violet
Wow, well I'm way behind on reviews which means this book isn't completely fresh in my mind but my OCD won't let it go... Julia Bennett works for a small police precinct in a sleepy Australian town as their IT girl. Max O'Connor has secretly been her crush since she first started working there but A) he's never seemed to pay her attention and B) for most of the time on the job he has been married so she has chosen to admire him from afar. What Jules (Julia) doesn't know is that Max and his wife ...more
Carolyn's
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: authors-i-love, arcs
Eve Dangerfield

Eve Dangerfield has written another 5 Star "arrestingly" HOT erotic romance.

So what happens when Julia, the IT girl working at the Brenthill police station, find herself locked in a room with no hopes of getting out for at the very least 48 hours with the very sexy, married cop that has been the object of your deepest, darkest dreams and desires for years, WELL that's easy! You......read the book and find out! The sexual tension and sexual chemistry sizzles and you will love it.
Tara
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eve Dangerfield is one of the authors on my "go to" list and it's for books just like this one. Locked Box is one of those read in one sitting, drama, joyous, laugh out loud in spots, cheer for the happy ending and ooh I can't forget HOT reads. You definitely need to check this out.

Julia Bennett is working in IT at the local police station but her dream is video games. The funding for her video game is low so she continues to perform her day job and work the game aspect on the side. Just after s
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Captivated
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Gifting Me To His Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo #2)
  • This Time Tomorrow (Phenomenal Fate, #2)
  • Sink or Swim (Beach Kingdom, #3)
  • Bass-Ackwards
  • Incentive
  • Runaway Girl (Girl, #2)
  • Getaway Girl (Girl, #1)
  • Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel, #2)
  • Desire and the Deep Blue Sea (Love Unscripted, #1)
  • Haven (Beards & Bondage, #1)
  • Falling for His Best Friend (Out of Uniform, #2)
  • Priceless
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
  • The Major's Welcome Home
  • Reborn Yesterday (Phenomenal Fate, #1)
  • Baiting the Maid of Honor (Wedding Dare, #2)
Eve Dangerfield has loved romance novels since she first started swiping her grandmother’s paperbacks. Now she writes her own sexy tales about complex women and gorgeous-but-slightly-tortured men. Her work has been described as ‘the defibrillator contemporary romance needs right now,’ and not by herself, or even her mum, but OTHER PEOPLE.
Eve lives in Melbourne with her boy and a bunch of semi-dea

Locked Box (4 books)
  • Paying For It
  • Open Hearts
  • Baby Talk

News & Interviews

“You are gonna get it now sweetheart," he grunted, seizing her nipples and massaging them roughly.
"Aw, what are you gonna do Max? Blow a load and get all sad about it afterwards?”
6 likes
“What are you going to do first when we get out of here?”

“Have a bath. What about you?”

“I’m torn between drinking, showering, and pizza.”

“You’re such a guy you might as well have said ‘scratching my balls and getting my prostate examined’.”
5 likes