Start by marking “To Live Again (The Distance Between Us #6, Wilde's #8)” as Want to Read:
To Live Again (The Distance Between Us #6, Wilde's #8)

To Live Again

(The Distance Between Us #6)

The heart doesn’t take requests. It calls the tune.

The Distance Between Us, Book 6

Greg Douglas’s wife surprised him with an early 25th anniversary gift: a divorce. Staying with friends Ethan and Rhett seems like a good idea, just until he gets back on his feet. The guys have an even better idea to take his mind off his troubles—take him out to explore the other half of h

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 253 pages
Published April 12th 2016 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about To Live Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Live Again

Denise H.
*** Amazingly well done tale of a divorced man discovering his underlying passion that leads to another man ! *** Married 25 yrs., at 47, Greg

didn't think he'd be divorcing and adrift. He's been staying with friends and they talk him into a night out, to explore his latent desire. He sees Sailo, 37 yr. old DJ

at a nightclub, and they literally run into each other, where it's insta-magnetic attraction.
Sailo is Samoan with Pe'a markings, extensive tribal tattoos...

video on how the markings are
Ele
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
**3.5 stars**

Distance Between Us is definately my favorite series by L.A.Witt. I 've liked all the books, but some worked less than others. To Live again falls into the latter category.

First, let me say that up until 85%, I was really enjoying the story.

Both MCs are pretty mature and self-aware .(I have no idea why the blurb says that there is a 20-year age gap between the MCs; Greg is 47 and Sailo is 37.)

After getting a divorce from his wife of 25 years, Creg is ready to explore his bisexuali
CrabbyPatty
Greg Douglas is freshly out of a heterosexual 25-year-marriage (with 3 grown kids), and decides to explore his long-repressed and unexplored bisexuality by checking out all the hot guys at Wilde’s. He meets single father Sailo Isaia, a gorgeous tattooed Samoan hunk of a deejay who is more than happy to help Greg…… well, explore. They quickly fall into an easy familiarity with great sex and effortless friendship.

L.A. Witt knows how to write a smokin’ hot sex scene, and To Live Again has ’em in sp
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Talk about a book that was impossible to put down from the moment you pick it up! To Live Again easily falls into that category. I was so enthralled with the characters, main and secondary that I purchased the previous five books in the series within the first fifty pages of this one. I’ve noticed the series referred to as both Distance Between Us and Wilde’s. I’m guessing all the books have the characters working at or venturing to the bar Wilde’s. To Live Again easily works as a stand-alone. I ...more
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I just can’t. I’ve put this down for others things too many times. After almost a week, it’s time to call it quits. No rating.
Christy
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, arc, on-my-kindle
It feels like forever since I was back in the world so wonderfully created by L.A. Witt in 'Wilde's'. This series has brought me strong characters, excellent storylines, hot sex, and really fabulous happy ever after endings. There is some drama but nothing that ever felt as if I was wading through a mud hole. The May/December element in 'To Live Again' was a big draw, not to mention I got some more visits to Wilde's, the best gay nightclub in town.

Greg is forty-seven years old, very recently div
Karen111
Feb 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
DNF halfway through.
Not badly written, but there's no angst or storyline beyond Greg sleeping with Sailo and Greg moving house after his divorce.
Anke
Aug 04, 2017 added it
Despite some discrepancies about the ages and some loose ends, overall a very nice, engaging read that kept me entertained and I wouldn’t mind reading more about these guys.
Aerin
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, part-of-a-series, arc
Even though I couldn't remember who Greg was for the life of me, I couldn't put this book down once I started it. Not only was it beautifully written, but the characters are very real and very easy to connect with. This was the perfect blend of fiction that could very well be a real life story because nothing was exaggerated, nothing was far-fetched, the characters' reactions are easy to understand and felt very real. And the sex was.......*falls over dead or in a sex-induced coma* hot!!!

Greg is
Vallie
Oooooh Greg and Sailo! They are one explosive couple, let me tell you.

So. Greg has always felt an attraction to men and what a better way to know for sure if that’s true than try for a hook-up with a man after getting out of a 25 year-old marriage from a woman. Ethan and Rhett (boy did I love their book), are good friends who put Greg up in their house until he moves to his own apartment. They go cruising at Wilde’s and the rest is history. Greg manages to snag the hot Samoan DJ for a one-night
Natosha Wilson
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To Live Again is a book about starting over and learning what it feels like to actually feel like you are living again instead of feeling like you are living in a fog. This was an amazing book and it was definitely a heart felt book.

Greg is a about to find out what it like after almost years of marriage to a woman what it feels like to act on the attraction he has felt towards men for the the first. His divorce is final and he is looking for a distraction from the devastation of his wife tellin
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Greg Douglas has just come out of a 25 year marriage, I say just come out of but his wife actually asked him to leave and it came as quite a shock. They have 3 children and Greg was for the most part pretty oblivious to how bad things had become. I liked the way the author had him work through this throughout the story and how he went from stunned and thinking nothing was wrong to realising that things had been wrong for a long time.

Having realised whilst still ma
Angie
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~
Really enjoyed this book. I felt so bad for Greg, I can’t imagine being served with divorce papers after almost 25 years of marriage. When his friends suggest a night out to get laid I honestly thought Greg would chicken out, I mean it has been over 25 years since he played the field. When Greg literally runs into Sailo you could tell the chemistry was instant. I loved Sailo right from the start, he was so sweet
Aditu
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the other books I read I the Wilde's series so I was exited about this one. Unfortunately I was very disappointed. This book is just boring. It is not a bad book per se, the problem is that there is no big major drama. So more or less nothing is happening. He is getting a divorce, meets a guy and has sex with a man for the first time. Then he falls in love with the guy even though this was supposed to be a rebound thing. There is a lot of talk about the divorce, his ex wife and their m ...more
Pianisuparse
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 'Another great book in an awesome series' stars.
Donna
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
Well, if you are looking for an exciting read, keep looking! This was a VERY low key story about a gay man learning to accept that his 25-year- old marriage to the mother of his 3 children was over and that he NOW can see where his past attraction to men will lead him.

I liked the little twist and turns that this book took and even though a large portion of the book takes place in Greg's mind... it still kept a slow, steady pace. (remember, I said no excitement to be had here!)

There wasn't real
D
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was very good but it felt as if I've read it before. It strongly reminded me of "Owning it" by Riley Hart with the age gap between the MCs, finding each other in a night club, Graig being on the rebound from a divorce and questioning his sexuality, while the younger guy was footloose and more sexually experienced. There were also parallels with the twists in the story and coming clean to his kids and ex-wife. That said, the writing style was very clean and engaging with a good balance b ...more
Janie Friedman
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed.

The Wilde's series is one of my favorites and it was great to revisit a couple of the couples and meet a new one. This is not my favorite in the series but it is, as always, an excellently written story with people I can care about.
Jes Jester
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a touching (and touchy) story about life giving you lemons, and you making sorbet. I liked the honesty between the characters. It made their ups and downs more genuine. Great writing.
Sylvia
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.25☆
Tamela
Loved the characters and the storyline. Though I felt bad that it took Greg so long to really become himself.
GlamLawyer
P.
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
to many editing mistakes
Terri Jones
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. There's a lot of wisdom here about endings and beginnings, reasons and faults and flaws, and the mess of sorting through it all so it makes sense. That was all good. I subtracted a star because the main characters thoughts are often repetitious, and some of the dialog is, too. This isn't uncommon in real life, but it's annoying in a story, at least to me. Because of it, I'm not entirely sold on the resolution, even though I enjoyed it.
Debra
Review originally posted at Sinfully.

Although this story is part of the Wilde’s series of books, it is basically self-contained standalone story, with appearances by a few of the other couples in the series. The title is apt as the story is completely focused on Greg and Sailo’s relationship as Greg is starting over and learning to live again after the end of his 25 year marriage.

Part of coming to terms with his wife suddenly divorcing him, Greg is going to finally test the feelings of
Penny Wilder
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awwwwwww

Seriously guys. The feels. I love the Wilde's series, and this is a great addition to it. Lori Witt as per usual, does not dissapoint.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I really enjoy books about couples a bit older and stories about people coming to terms with their sexuality no matter what their age and L.A. Witt gives us that in To Live Again. Two men both at different places in their lives take a chance one night on what they assume will be a night of sex and fun, but soon they both find themselves in a place they never expected. Complicated and messy but spontaneous, sexy and fun I loved this book.

Weeks
Wendy F
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Well, right out of the gate, my first issue with this book was that I didn’t realize it was part of a series, in the sense that each book is about a different couple but in the same town/bar as past couples who overlap in the most current installment. Normally I feel that with this type of series setup it shouldn’t matter if you’ve read them all. There’s not an overall story-arc that you’d be lost on, so each book should standalone as it’s on romance novel. Which To Live Again did, in a sense. H ...more
Nat ReadingAllNite
This is not my favorite book of the series. Honestly, there were more negatives for me than positives. I didn't mind reading it, as LA Witt does write well and the flow and pace is always good. I enjoyed most of it until nearer the end of the story. But that's where it really fell apart for me.

It was a bit irritating that Greg whined to Sailo, almost constantly, about his ex, his feelings over the divorce, his kids, etc. Sailo was always so understanding, offering bits of sage advice. Sailo was
Shirley
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another series that I've managed to bounce back and forth with the reading order. For what it's worth, after I read each one of the books that fall later in the series, I vow to go back and pick up the ones I haven't read yet. To Live Again was no exception. Some day I will because there are more than a few characters that I'd really like to get to know better.

I have to admit, I really didn't like Greg's wife and I'm sure I'm not the only reader who had that opinion. Although he never wo

• Chasing the Dream
  • Time For Love (Timeless Love, #2)
  • Defenseless
  • Sebastian's Journal
  • Purpose
  • Xavier's Xmas
  • Joy
  • Lover of Light
  • Dissonance (Blue Notes, #6)
  • Idlewild
  • The Heart As He Hears It (Perspectives, #3)
  • A Second Harvest (Men of Lancaster County, #1)
  • Red Skies
  • That Blue Sky Feeling, Vol. 1
  • After the Scrum
  • Between a Rock and a Hard Place (Bend or Break, #6-7)
  • The Gifted One
  • Jesse's Diner (Hope, #2)
L.A. Witt and her husband have been exiled from Spain and sent to live in Maine because rhymes are fun. She now divides her time between writing, assuring people she is aware that Maine is cold, wondering where to put her next tattoo, and trying to reason with a surly Maine coon. Rumor has it her arch nemesis, Lauren Gallagher, is also somewhere in the wilds of New England, which is why L.A. is al ...more

The Distance Between Us (5 books)
  • The Distance Between Us (The Distance Between Us, #1; Wilde's #2)
  • The Closer You Get (The Distance Between Us, #2; Wilde's, #4)
  • Meet Me in the Middle (The Distance Between Us, #3; Wilde's, #5)
  • No Place That Far (Wilde's, #7)