Start by marking “Spanish Lessons (Study Abroad, #1)” as Want to Read:
Spanish Lessons (Study Abroad, #1)

Spanish Lessons

(Study Abroad #1)

Alternate cover for this ISBN can be found here

Vivian Bingley has big plans for her semester abroad in Spain

Along with her BFF, Maddie, Vivian hopes to indulge her inner Art History nerd by visiting the best museums in the world. She also wants to tackle more practical concerns—like a less than stellar GPA in her major, Economics—with the help of a Spanish tutor.

But falli
Published January 25th 2016 by Peterson Paperbacks (first published January 22nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Spanish Lessons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spanish Lessons

Shannon Moore
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
*EDITED 28/04/16 - GUYS! I just saw that you can get a FREE copy of this by signing up for Jessica's newsletter! I read this book back in January and STILL think about it all the time. Definitely recommend these ones. <3 No they won't be to everyone's liking and at times the characters are indeed flawed, but keep going. It's worth it! *heart eye emoji*

Someone hide my credit card because I've already started looking at pictures and flights to Spain. This is a problem.

I loved this book! The ch

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Studying abroad is challenging for Vivian Bingley. She's an Economics major for practical reasons but in reality, she's passionate about arts and being in Spain is just the perfect place to explore it. However, she's having a problem with her classes and her grades are not that good. As per advice, she needs a tutor. Things got more interesting because this hot Madrileño tutor, Rafa Montoya has hots for her and apparently, her best friend / roommate Maddie has a serious crush on him.

Our main ch
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

DNF

I received this E-ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review.

I was really excited to read this! But unfortunately when I started reading this I felt uncomfortable. The attraction between Vivian and Rafe while well done made me uncomfortable.

I still recommend this.
Ari
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Original review: The Daydreaming Bookworm

*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

Vivian Bingley has no idea what in stores for her when she starts her semester abroad in Spain. She hopes to raise her GPA. She hopes to kill it in her Economic classes. She hopes to explore the beautiful art that Madrid has to offer. What does she get instead? A flunking exam grade, an oh-so GORGEOUS tutor, and a best friend who is also crushing on said tutor. Studyin
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

First of all I would like to say that some of the feelings at the beginning of the book felt familiar to me. I never did the Erasmus program during my undergrad years, but during my Masters I relocated to Barcelona to do the practical component of it, and stayed for roughly 6 months. I was never as lost as Vivian feels though, because even though I didn’t dominate the Spanish language, I always understood it – Portuguese people mostly understand spanish quite well. But still
Muse-ic ♬
2.5

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:
Vivian and the Spanish Kiss
!

It's like Anna and the French Kiss with less character development, takes place in Spain, and has more sex...

….because we can't have a 20-year-old virgin; now that would just be ridiculous.
Siobhan
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh wow, I didn’t expect that.

I’m honestly not sure where to start. I would normally start by saying I’m not the biggest of romance fans, and therefore have very little to compare this to, yet this year has changed such a thing. I needed a romance novel for the genre reading challenge I’m participating in, and suddenly I’m reading lots of romance. Not enough to make romance my genre of choice… but enough for me to say I have well and truly jumped into the genre (even if I am missing most of the r
Trisha
Jun 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.5

This was a great little story. I loved the adorable interesting at first sight and then the slow build of the relationship. I loved the addition of the foreign country and the Spanish intermingled into the dialogue.

I thought Rafa was fun and sweet. I did find Vivian a little frustrating but I did understand her reluctance. I found Maddie to be a little frustrating too but I found their friction and misunderstandings pretty realistic.

all in all, I liked the story but I'll note - I don'
Shealea
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read the entire review @ That Bookshelf Bitch

Before anything else, I received a digital copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Many thanks to Jessica Peterson and Peterson Paperbacks, LLC!

At first glance, the plot seems fairly straightforward and to some degree, perhaps it is. In fact, I’d even call the entire thing predictable. However, if there’s anything I’d learned from reading plenty of books, it’s that the journey is just as significant, if not more so, as the
Red Cheeks Reads
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Vivian’s life isn’t going the way she planned, what with her grades dropping, a cheating ex and just feeling down she decides to shake things up a bit and go study in Spain for 6 months. Will she find the path she has been looking for? Get back on track and be happy after a rough few months? Will she maybe even find love? 6 months in beautiful Spain means anything could happen.

“I’ve been so close to romance, to that happily ever after, before. And then I had to let it—let him—go after one
Hannah Smith
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, new-adult
For my full review and for a link to read an EXCERPT of Chapters 1 and 2 please visit my blog; https://mortalreader.wordpress.com/20...

Summarised:

I adored Spanish Lessons, it reminded me of the fondness I felt when reading Anna and the French Kiss. It incorporated elements of one of my favourite young adult books and weaved them into a new adult romance. The result; Amazingness

Jessica Paterson's writing style is easy to get into, it's descriptive enough to set the scene of Madrid and the Sp
Jenna (lostwithinwords)
3.5 stars! Spoiler free review to come soon :D
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
I really enjoyed this book! After reading a very emotional novel earlier in the week, I needed something light and sexy, and this was perfect!

First I need to thank my friend Shannon for gifting me this because I was drifting after my last novel. I think that without Spanish Lessons I would've had a huge book hangover.

This story was completely adorable!!! It pulled me into the Spanish language and culture. I spent much time away from the story to look up paintings, artists, and writers and by d
Jessica Peterson
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
So I know it's Lame with a capital L to give your own book 5 stars, but I wanted to share some fun links/news for those of you who put SPANISH LESSONS on your "To Read" shelf. First, SPANISH LESSONS (Study Abroad #1) is FREE at all major retailers! Pick up your copy here:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/20oEovy

Thanks for putting SPANISH LESSONS
Flory
Jul 18, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have, free-e-book, dnf
I really tried with this one, the premise sounded good, but one of my pet peeves is: If you're going to place your book in Spain and have a spaniard character, who speaks spanish, please, PLEASE, find someone to proofread your use of the language.
No use of accent marks, or worse, accent marks where they don't belong (Díos?)
Made up words (professora?)... Really, I just couldn't read anymore.
I'm sure english speaking readers won't be bothered by this, so go ahead and enjoy.
Booknista
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spanish Lessons by Jessica Peterson was a super pleasant sweet surprise NA book! The story is, Viv a college student, is studying abroad in Madrid for a semester.

Let’s start there. I was in Madrid a few years ago and LOVED it. Immediately I was excited to read this book. I did not have nearly the rockin’ hot sexy times as our friend, Viv. I did, however, fall in love with the city, art museums, tapas, wine and people watching.

On to Viv.

She arrives scared and homesick in Madrid. Her host barely s
The Lusty Literate
4 Stars | Hot Steam

SPANISH LESSONS has been impatiently perched at the top of my TBR-ASAP list since the moment I flew through its first two chapters on author Jessica Peterson’s website. Instantly enticing and brimming with the youthful promise of worldly adventure and amour, I couldn’t wait to find out what happened next to Vivian and Rafa after their simmering late night meet cute in Madrid. Over the weekend I finally got the chance to indulge. And, sigh…So, so good! Beautifully written from
Erika
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally posted at Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between

**I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review**

Prepared to be taken away by the beauty of Spain and by a very charming Madrileño!

This first novel to Jessica Peterson's Study Abroad series takes us to Madrid, Spain, where her protagonist, Vivian, is enrolled for a semester for an exchange program. After just getting out of a messy lead-you-on relationship, Vivian knows that falling in love in Spain is illogical sinc
Siobhan Davis
Actual rating 3.5 stars.

Vivian is at a bit of a crossroads in her life. Her grades are dropping, she's still a bit heartbroken over her cheating ex, and she isn't sure what she wants to do with her life. She takes the opportunity to study in Spain for six months and finally finds her true path and her true love.

I adored the writing in this book, and it's clear that Jessica is a talented writer. I love the setting with all the Spanish culture and sayings. It was definitely refreshingly different
Kameron
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

Attending school abroad sounds like quite an adventure and it was for Vivian. On her first night in Madrid, she met a sweet, charming, and romantic man who made her less homesick. He brought happiness into her life when she was feeling pretty sad and lost. Lost as in... What the heck am I doing with my life?

It was inevitable they would fall in love. Yes, the timing wasn't ideal. But cupid doesn't care about that. When his love arrow
Andrea Guy
First of all, this is the cutest book cover I've ever seen. I have to admit, I love covers like this. This is a New Adult novel and this is a genre that I usually don't venture into, but I'm really glad that I did.

It was a super cute story with a lot of heat, lots and lots of heat. It takes awhile to get there, but when they do, wowzas, Vivian and Rafa have chemistry.

The lead characters Vivian and Rafa meet early on but Vivian has issues that keep her from hooking up with the hot Spaniard, one o
Lia   Covington
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

A See full review of Jessica Peterson's Spanish Lesson here

Spanish Lesson is most adorable New Adult novel I have read in a long time , it's also the first installment to Jessica Peterson's New Adult series, Study Abroad . It's absolutely ♥ADORABLE♥, and just enjoyable read. Spanish Lesson is actually my first novel from the author Jessica Peterson, and I'm so happy to have been introduced to her style of writing when I did. I'm going to be honest with you. I tried my hardest to delay finishing
Nabila Anjum
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vivian comes to Spain to major the language and address her insecurities regarding her future, in which the subject 'Economics' plays a major part. Her grades are dropping, she's homesick and she hates Eco. One day and a chance encounter is all it takes to shape her destiny. Rafael is an all round amazing guy who pretty much falls for our Vivian on the very first day. After a lot of heavy duty flirting and funny banters with sexual undertones, the two part ways in the wee hours of the morning wi ...more
Monique V
SEXY!!
summary: Vivian is studying abroad in Spain where she meets sexy and amazing Rafa. Vivian is not ready for a relationship because she has been hurt before and she I'd dealing with being in a foreign country and not knowing the language.

Characters: I LOVED RAFA!! WHAT A GUY MAN!! he is not only sexy as sin but he is sweet and kind and very cute!! Vivian was a different story. She is everything that a girl her age should be, she is just trying not to struggle with life so much. She made so
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 4.5

This was a fantastic read. I really enjoyed the story and the characters. The story is about a college student, Vivian aka Viv as she studies abroad in Madrid for a semester. I thought she was relatable. While in Madrid, she starts off feeling scared and homesick. I had that experience when I went to Paris, France. It was so different. Then I settled in, I began to see the beauty of the city and the culture, museums, etc just like Viv did in Madrid. Rafael aka Rafa is my new bo
Boundless Book Reviews
I was a bit worried that I would be lost at first, because I am the ultimate white girl(hahaha) and cant read, speak, or understand Spanish at all. But it was an awesome book.

Vivian has been hurt so many times that she is not looking for a hookup when she goes to Spain to Study Abroad. Soon she meets the man of her dreams. She denies herself so much, but soon she realizes some things cant be denied.

I loved this book. It made me laugh it made me cry. It made me fall in love with Spain and makes m
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
When I was asked to read this book I was super excited about it because I am a spanish student myself and this sounded like the perfect contemporary romance. It was just that, sweet, steamy, and sexy. Rafa was the perfect foreign book boyfriend he only saw Vivian and only wanted her. Vivian at times was a bit needy but that was sort of a given moving to a new country and culture can do that to you.

The writing is great you can tell that Jessica Peterson has a knack for writing and story telling
Devika Fernando
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a pleasant surprise in many ways. I didn't have high expectations, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story focused on the process of falling in love, on friendship, the challenges of being in a different country, and emotions of all kind instead of just exploring the lust / attraction side of the coin. It's a really good NA romance with a few twists and wonderfully sensual, steamy scenes. The hero is to die for, much more than just a hunk. I'd have loved it if the heroine had been a ...more
Lawrence Carlo
4.5. It was refreshing read. Not too much sex.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please update book cover! 3 20 May 16, 2017 05:21AM
Goodreads Librari...: Cover update request 11 77 Apr 04, 2016 09:21AM

• Wild Ride
  • Dirty Deeds (Mechanics of Love, #3)
  • The Lie and the Lady (Winner Takes All, #2)
  • Taken (Under the Skin, #3)
  • Too Wild to Tame (Romancing the Clarksons, #2)
  • When a Marquess Loves a Woman (Season's Original #3)
  • Sweet Southern Betrayal (The Boys are Back in Town, #3)
  • Swept Away Volume One (Swept Away #1)
  • In Search of Scandal (London Explorers, #1)
  • Lie To Me (Sexual Misconduct #3)
  • Melting into You (Sweet Home Alabama, #3)
  • A Lush Triangle (Lush, #0.5)
  • The Outlaw and the Lady (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • His Mistress (Self-Made Men #2)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • Tempt Me, Cowboy (75th Copper Mountain Rodeo #1; The Montana Millionaires #1)
  • Temptations of a Wallflower (The Wicked Quills of London, #3)
  • Kiss Me at Midnight
Jessica Peterson writes smokin’ hot romance set in her favorite cities around the world. She grew up on a steady diet of Mr. Darcy, Edward Cullen, and Jamie Frasier, and it wasn’t long before she started writing swoon-worthy heroes of her own. She loves strong coffee, stronger heroines, and heroes with hot accents.

She lives in Charlotte, NC with her husband Ben and her smelly Goldendoodle, Martha

Study Abroad (4 books)
  • Lessons in Gravity (Study Abroad, #2)
  • Lessons in Letting Go (Study Abroad, #3)
  • Lessons In Losing It (Study Abroad #4)
“Somewhere along this twisty, sometimes terrible, sometimes amazing path that led us to this moment, I fell in love.” 0 likes