Start by marking “Un golem nel cruscotto (Monster Haven, #4)” as Want to Read:
Un golem nel cruscotto (Monster Haven, #4)

Un golem nel cruscotto (Monster Haven #4)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  643 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Da quando ha scoperto di essere una Aegis, Zoey Donovan ha perso il conto di quanti mostri e creature magiche è riuscita a salvare. E come se non bastasse, ora persino gli esseri umani hanno bisogno dei suoi poteri! Qualcuno che ha dei conti in sospeso con il Consiglio degli Affari Nascosti ha rapito tutti gli altri Aegis esistenti, compresa sua madre, e minaccia di uccide ...more
Paperback, Blue Nocturne n. 120, 275 pages
Published January 29th 2016 by Harper Collins Italia (first published January 1st 2014)

Elspeth
The start and finish of this was great, but the middle had too much running around. All the other books in this series were so great it was almost impossible for me to put them down, but this one I found my attention wandering.

Mandy
Golem in my Glovebox is the fourth book in the Zoey Donovan series. Her mother is still missing only now she’s been taken by a killer who has already killed the board and has taken all the Aegises that she had just rescued from the collector. Zoey will have to head across the country in a roadtrip that could end in blood. At least she won’t have to drive across the country alone she’s joined by her sexy reaper boyfriend Riley. As well as a tiny golem that Bernice created but unlike her other gol ...more

I've been a huge fan of this series since I first discovered it, it's perfect light hearted and funny urban fantasy and I know I can pick up any book in the series when I'm in the mood for something that's going to make me giggle. I absolutely love the number of different Hidden creatures that R.L. Naquin has included in the series, she always manages to introduce us to something new with each book and this instalment brings golem, Griswald, who is accompanying Zoey and Riley on a road
Celine
A serial killer is on the loose, and Zoey and her friends have to capture him.

The body count in this book is high, and the murders gruesome and graphic. Although the tone is still witty at times, these books have taken a turn towards the grim. Instead of fun urban fantasy, this was more of a Jessica Jones gritty thriller, which wasn't really what I signed up for.
Cheryl Landmark
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come soon.
chucklesthescot
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, fiction, uf-pnr
I can't even begin to describe how much I love this series! The thing that attracted me first were the gorgeous covers and the idea of a Closet Monster than can bake. From reading the first book, I fell in love with Maurice and this series. I actually put off reading these last few books because it meant that the series was finished! Anyway, I've read the last three and now I'm finally getting round to reviewing them.

Zoey and Riley have to miss Molly's party to go in search of an Under the Bed m
Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
3 1/2 stars This is book 4 in a series. If you haven't read the 3 previous books you will not get as much out of it. I really recommend you read the first 3 before starting this one.

While I did like this book I'm not sure that I'd call it my favorite in the series. It's basically one continuous road trip with Zoey and Riley. BUT, it's an important road trip because it's the first real chance Zoey gets to search for her mother. It has all the makings of a real road trip, fun beginnings, goofy n
Sara
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic. Novel-wise, it was a bit of a deviation from the previous books, but it is completely on par with the level of writing and reading enjoyment as the books that come before. I laughed, I cried, I squeaked out happy sounds, I shook my fist at the injustices and gasped at the revelations. I wanted to take home all of the characters and give them hugs. R.L. Naquin has the writing talent that puts her on the same level as the best urban fantasy writers out there, in my opinion ...more
Paula
When I first started this series I wondered if I would finish the first book. It was a little bit ditzyat the start. But I really enjoyed it and the rest of the series is just as good. I read this as soon as it came out.
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Urban Fantasy fans, Paranormal Romance fans, Sci-fi fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: previous books
Golem in My Glovebox was an excellent continuation to the series. Naquin does an excellent job with the creature features, and I look forward to reading more of her work.
AlenGarou
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

È passato quasi un anno dall’ultima volta che ho preso in mano questa serie (mea culpa). Come se non bastasse, a maggio la Blue Nocturne ha chiuso i battenti e posso dire che già mi manca. Ok, ultimamente si erano persi a ristampare libri già pubblicati, ma è grazie a loro se molti romanzi urban fantasy sono stati portati in Italia… a prezzo stracciato poi. E, fatalità, erano pure carini. Insomma, diciamo che è solo grazie a loro se la zia Gena ha fatto fortuna qui.
Per riassumere è un peccato, a
LiquidLucidity
It's a great adventure following clumsy Zoey around.
Sabina Bundgaard
I fell in love with Zoey and Maurice in Monster in my Closet, where she found out that she is an empath and she saved her best friend from being drained by an incubus. Maurice is just Maurice, he’s a wonderful closet monster and I absolutely adore him!
The adventures continued in Pooka in my Pantry, where the Leprechaun mafia moves into town, and the only one who truly can stop them is… You guessed right; Zoey.
In Fairies in my Fireplace all hell breaks loose when secrets are being revealed every
Judy
I was introduced to the Monster Haven books on another blog a couple of years ago. I loved the look of the covers and the idea behind the books. When I won a copy of the first book, I was thrilled, but put off reading it. I continued to oooh and ahhh over each new book cover and add them to my TBR pile. I even introduced them to my sister and she read hers, while mine sat, still unread. That changed though when I saw that Golem in My Glovebox was on Netgalley. Getting this book was the perfect r ...more
Cst
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is pretty much at the level its predecessor was. Unfortunately it reaches this level from the other direction. It made me wait until I read the next book because I had to ask myself if I was still interested in the series.

While I found the previous book to be overburdened and ultimately falling flat, here we have a good ending that is reached after slogging through boredom.
The story is your basic serial killer/scavenger hunt affair with a bit of a roadstory in as well. And almost none
Eva Millien
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 STARS

The fourth book in the Monster Haven series is an intriguing and fascinating fantasy read. The Hidden government is in shambles and with only string of deadly clues to follow, Zoey and Riley set off on a cross-country chase to stop the murders of the captured Aegises. Will Zoey become the final victim of this new evil or will she finally be reunited with her mother?

This fast paced plot keeps the reader on the edge of their seat with suspense and action. The author brings this urban fa
Anne
May 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting to find a fun and amusing read. I did get a decent urban fantasy read filled with a ton of different supernatural characters including some that must have been inspired by Pixar movies (closet, attic and under the bed monsters). The only character that got much page time was Zoey, our main character and Griswold, the golem. Riley, the reaper, and Zoey's main squeeze is there, but he basically assists her.

I have not read the other 3 books in the series an
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

GOLEM IN MY GLOVEBOX is a wonderful addition to the Monster Haven series which has always been delightfully quirky and fun with some truly touching moments that make these characters seem all the more real. The story has a different feel to it as it takes place on a long road trip and because of that road trip to find the missing Aegises the pace of the story is in constant motion as Zoey tries to find her mother. Aside from the rush to find the kidnapp
Paris
If Fairies in My Fireplace amped up the Monster Have series, then Golem in My Glovebox takes it to a whole new level. This is the first time that Zoey really gets to be out in the field and I think it’s a really great place for her to be. In this new setting, Zoey was stronger, more take charge. She was totally kick butt, even when she was unsure of herself. I loved seeing her and Riley having time together too and I liked that it wasn’t all lovey dovey. No matter how much you love someone, bein ...more
Marsha
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've said it before and I will say it again, I love the Monster Haven series. "Golem in My Glovebox" is another great addition. This time, Zoey's house is over flowing with refugees from the monster world seeking asylum. She and Riley decide to get away for the weekend but not before she receives a phone call from, Art, Riley's boss informing her that he has a lead on where her mother may be found.

Instead of a weekend for lovers Zoey and Riley head off to see Art and Bernice. Prior to departure,
LaSibila
Zoey es una Aegis, un ser que ayuda a los paranormales con sus problemas (asistente social?). Mientras intenta mantener su negocio de bodas funcionando, su nueva pareja con un Reaper (policia que atrapa las almas de los paranormales que se pasan de la raya) y una casa-hospital-refugio, sigue pistas del secuestro de su madre y otros Aegis por todo USA.

Qué adoro de esta novela: la cantidad de personajes paranormales que nos presenta. Me encariñé con los personajes, no puedo olvidarlos. Los malvad
LilyElement
Zoey Donovan is an Aegis, she takes care of members of the Hidden. They are the beings that normal humans don't know exist. Trolls, closet monsters, and mermaids are just a few of the many different types. This time around Zoey and her reaper boyfriend Riley are on the road trying their best to keep things under wraps from the humans. Oh and they're also on the trail of a killer. With a pocket sized golem in her glovebox, a sexy reaper boyfriend, and the help from a few members of the OGRE squad ...more
Federica Laviano
Questa saga è sempre una continua sorpresa. Il primo libro mi colpì per lo stile sbarazzino, la protagonista buffa ma dolcissima e una serie di creature decisamente non comuni (a chi serve un Edward quando si può avere un Maurice?), la continuai con piacere e il piacere aumentò volume per volume vedendo che lo stile rimaneva invariato ma le trame si approfondivano, si toccavano argomenti delicati, si univano nuovi personaggi mai banali o superflui e le creature continuavano ad essere originali e ...more
Maghon Thomas
Yay for road trips LOL This is the 4th book of the series, and it's fun as ever!! These characters are all so lovable and I just love this series!! It's fun, it's touching, and it's a great addition to the fantasy world! Zoey and Riley are trying to find the missing Aegis, and we get to see them in action, just on the road. Zoey wants her mom back ASAP, and she's not gunna stop until she finds her.

We don't see as much of some of the other characters that are constantly around, but no worries, t
Teresa
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Road Trip. Ok so this road trip is not all fun and games actually it is no fun but lots of games. Head games. Someone is killing all of the Aegis. Its up to Zoey Donovan to stop the killer and save her mother. oh yea and not end up dead herself.

The road trip comes in ans her and Riley are headed to the Hidden's Headquarters. once they arrive there they are sent to investigate a murder of an Aegis, from there they end up pretty much touring the country investigating other Aegis murders all while
Larissa
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc, to-review
This one and more reviews at Larissa and Friends' Bookish Life

4.5 Stars

I always enjoy diving back into Zoey's Monster filled world and Golem in My Glovebox was a delightful addition to a great series.

In Golem in My Glovebox, we get Zoey and her Reaper boyfriend traveling all around the country trying to thwart a serial killer and maybe finally saving Zoey's mother.

I really don't wanna give anything away, but let's just say that R.L. Naquin has brought up the creepy level a few notches and I love
Kate Bennitt
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Guilty pleasure

I've really enjoyed this whole series to the point I'd give 4.5 stars. I'd hold back from the five star rating because it's not for everybody. I enjoyed the banter and the zany characters but it's like Gilmore Girls or Psych in the regards it's not for everybody. I however was hooked after reading the first one, Monster in my Closet. My only real complaint was that I felt there was too much recap in the subsequent books. If you're like me and read all of them back to back then it'
Jeanie
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
R.L. Naquin keeps churning out these wonderful stories of supernatural creatures finding solace with an Aegis (a 'hiddens' protector.)

When I start any of these books I just set back, open my mind and let the words of the story take me away to a world teeming with supernatural creatures and new adventures. I feel as if Zoey, Riley and Maurice are old friends of mine and they have stopped by for a visit to tell me about their latest adventure.

During these times they make me laugh, cry or gasp but
Melindeeloo
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Someone has Zoey on a gruesome scavenger hunt, leaving dead Aegis agents in her path with Zoeys mom as the final piece in the game...

I enjoyed Golem in My Glovebox, it is always fun to catch up with Zoey - she is quirky and very appealing - and I really like her crew: Riley, Sara and Maurice. Plus I liked the new additions to the cast as well - especially golem in the glovebox:)

While I think of these as cute and light, between books I forget there is also a touch of darkness in the background, t
Valerie
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. Zoey loves what she does and that's saving the Hidden. These are the books where you feel the compassion and love flowing. But this book was especially chilling. You have a 106 year old person stuck in the body of a 6 year old and she is very angry and out for revenge. She gets it in the most bizarre and deadly ways she can. To think that someone can control your mind and make you kill yourself is terrifying. You feel so much for Zoey as they are driving back and forth across ...more
  • Compelled (Coveted, #3)
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol 6
  • Hunt (The Grizzly Brothers Chronicles #1)
  • The Guardian of Bastet
  • Centaur Redemption (Touched, #4)
  • クレイモア 26 [Kureimoa 26] (Claymore, #26)
  • Kissed by Fire (Blood & Magic, #2)
  • Birthright (Ivy Granger, #4)
  • Whiteout (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #5)
  • Ashes in the Sky (Fire in the Woods, #2)
  • Bell, Book, and Sandals
  • Galilee Rising (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #2)
  • ArcKnight (The ArcKnight Chronicles #1)
  • Strange Girl
Rachel is the author of the urban fantasy Monster Haven series from Carina Press. She believes in magic, the power of love, good cheese, lucky socks, and putting things off until stress gets them done faster at the last minute. Her home is Disneyland, despite her current location in Kansas.
Be among the special peeps who get all the R.L. Naquin updates first by sign
More about R.L. Naquin

Monster Haven (7 books)
  • Monster in My Closet (Monster Haven, #1)
  • Pooka in My Pantry (Monster Haven, #2)
  • Fairies in My Fireplace (Monster Haven, #3)
  • Demons in My Driveway (Monster Haven, #5)
  • Transmonstrified
  • Phoenix in My Fortune (Monster Haven, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Third Kingdom (Sword of Truth Book 13)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Severed Souls (Sword of Truth)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Phantom (Sword of Truth, #10)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The First Confessor: The Legend of Magda Searus (Richard and Kahlan)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Confessor (Sword of Truth, #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Faith of the Fallen (Sword of Truth, #6)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Naked Empire (Sword of Truth, #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Debt of Bones (Sword of Truth)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Warheart: Sword of Truth - The Conclusion (Richard and Kahlan)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Omen Machine (Richard and Kahlan, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chainfire (Sword of Truth, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Of all the emotions people gave me, sadness was probably the hardest one to take. Fear was temporary, but sadness could last a lifetime.” 4 likes
“I was a strong believer in the Pretty Woman philosophy on fairy tales: When the handsome prince rescues the princess, she rescues him right back.” 4 likes