Start by marking “Filthy English (English, #2)” as Want to Read:
Filthy English (English, #2)

Filthy English (English #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  7,346 Ratings  ·  951 Reviews
From Wall Street Journal best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills comes a new, full-length STANDALONE novel about HOT British alphas.

One night of mistaken identity…

Published July 11th 2016 (first published July 9th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Filthy English, please sign up.
Ilsa Madden-Mills July 10th! :) Technically, my promo says the 11th, but it will go live early.

Thank you! :)

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo d8cbc358bd375d958cf3d842af1a5e_zpsvszicdx5.gif

The British Are Coming!!!!!! Did you hear me? I said the The British Are Coming!!!!!! Yes, that’s right Ilsa Madden-Mills’ hunky and dreamy Brits are here and they are here to stay!!!!!! Declan and Dax Blay are HERE!!!!! *Cue in the fangirl screams.*

photo 2c3dc9e916cc6da908fcd8db5dd7ea_zpskpuxwcqq.gif“Me. Him.Us. Seventy-two hours in a small bedroom. Kisses.Beautiful, wonderful, endless kisses. Love. Lust. And then-devastation. Darkness.”

First, Ilsa had her readers obsessed with Declan Bla
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

The smell of him, like summer rain and sunshine, hit me, and my arms curled around his hips, my fingers slipping under his shirt and digging into the muscles of his back. He kissed me, owning my lips with lust and passion, and slowly, ever so softly, I went down the rabbit hole with him, where the entire world whispered yes, him.

photo b59b89be762d7fd62eb858c7789c36d2_zpsri05vlqp.jpg

Give me a good second chance romance story with a drop dead gorgeous British book boyfriend, and I'm as happy as a
Maddie
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cr, cover-love, hot, funny

3.5 stars ☆☆☆\☆

Own it. Embrace it. “I see you,”

Use pain to make yourself stronger.

Use heartbreak to make yourself wiser.
🍁🍁🍁

From Romeo and Juliet…

“Give me my Romeo, and, when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night…”

Remi Montague.

Oblivion, thy name is Remi. Sugary and sweet, sorta like a cookie!

It was suppose to be her honeymoon, been dumped by groom Hartford Wilcox, aka Mr. Nice Guy Douc
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*

Their love was forbidden, her an Omega sister, and him a Tau frat boy. And they found out the hard way that a relationship would never work between them. But years after their fling-gone-wrong, Dax and Remi still think of each other and it's not always bad thoughts. When Remi goes on her honeymoon, without the groom, to London she only plans on getting very drunk and forgetting about the fiance that dumped her two weeks before the wedding. She never thought she woul
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Oh naked British bad boy with tattoos. That’ll work!

Stand-alone
Release Date: July 11, 2016
Shh… ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Pre-order: Coming soon!
Blurb:
One night of mistaken identity…

Two weeks before her wedding, Remi Montague’s fiancé drops her faster than a drunken sorority girl in stilettos. Armed with her best friend and a bottle of tequila, she hops a plane to London to drown her sorrows before fall semester begins at Whitman University.
She

Genre: Contemporary Romance NA
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person – Dual

description

This is the story of Declan's twin brother who we got to see a little of him on book one. I was already excited to know about his story. Dax Blay; does not believe in love anymore. Since the lost of his mother he didn't feel the need to get attach to anyone. For him his school days were just nights of fun and no commitments until he met her. However; he had no idea that Remi was going to have such an impa
Beverly
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Filthy English is a little bit of a modern day Romeo and Juliet, with a lot less death and a lot more humor. I think that was my favorite part, that and how real the characters felt to me.

Remi is at a club in London, on her honeymoon only she isn’t with her husband, she is with her best friend. That’s right, her best friend, because her fiancé needs “space.” Remi is a planner and the farthest thing from a risk-taker. She is afraid of the unknown, being alone and heartbreak. These traits lead he
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: I'm not quite sure why, but I didn't expect much from this. I did the same with the first book of the series, Dirty English, too. But both books were pleasantly surprising! I cried on this one, and I definitely wasn't expecting that! I thought that the different spin on the second chance romance was refreshing and enjoyable. While I know that some of my safety gals might have some issues with this book, I ended up liking it :)

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Rem
Denisa
4.2 GR stars, wow, this will be a great read!

There were a lot of things I didn't like about this book (a lot!).
Like the "English" guy, who's suppose to be brittish, but he is just... weird. It's hard to imagine someone who's been living in the US for a really long time using all those supposed british slangs - it's hard to imagine an actual brit talking like that too.

I could have gotten over it if the characters were good (maybe even decent). But they felt like idiots to me (and oh, how I miss
Jayme
This book made me crazy, but I kinda like it anyway.

Remi Montague has a a specific plan for the future. But it all goes to hell when her "perfect" fiancé jilted her two weeks before the wedding. To forget about the failure, she takes her best friend and goes on a trip to London, which was supposed to be her honeymoon.

She is determined to have a great time. They explore the city by day and go wild in the clubs at night. One evening they go to a Masquerade party. Too much alcohol and Remi lands
J. Grayland
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
When Remi Montague's fiancee dumps her just before her wedding she decides to go on her already paid for honeymoon with BFF Lulu to London and blow off some steam before the next semester starts at University, a masquerade party and a bottle of tequila has her kissing a hot Brit, then she realizes the hot Brit is Dax Blay who broke her heart 3 years ago but after the kiss they share turns hotter so does their feelings for each other. For me the story started off slow, then got interesting, then ...more
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Ilsa Madden-Mills" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Filthy English
RELEASE DATE: July 11th 2016

MY RATING: 5 STARS

*A second -chance modern day romance inspired by the story Romeo and Juliet*

REVIEW IN PROGRESS

FILTHY ENGLISH: Spoken in dual perspectives (Dex & Remi) In 'Dirty English' we met Declan, 'Filthy
Dilek VT
This is the 2nd book in "English" series and this one is about Dax, who is the twin brother of the first book's hero Declan. I loved this book even more than the first one.

description

This book has a very simple plot line and some may even call it cliché but it is beautiful nevertheless. Sometimes, a simple sweet love story can be as good as a chocolate treat and this book made that effect on me. I felt as if having devoured a huge piece of chocolate cake, all satisfied, happy and high :) It left a huge gri
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

I would love to say: We all remember Dax from Dirty English. BUT, I don't. I suffer from a horrible case of Booksalzheimers. But I don't think it's all that important that we remember what happend in Declan's story. I just know that Dax is his twin. And I only know that because they told me in the beginning of this book ☺ You might want to do a re-read of Declan & Elizabeth's story first!

Now to Filthy English:
Remi has just been dumped by her all-american-pretty-boy fiancé two weeks before th
Shannon Moore
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Everyone loves a bad boy, so what happens when the hero of Filthy English is not only a traditional bad boy, but comes complete with a sexier than sin English accent? You fall in love, that's what happens. There are no known limits of the magnetism and swoony power that is known as Dax Blay.

What was it about him that made me so weak?
The answer was simple: Dax Blay was my Achilles heel, my one vulnerability.

Anyone who knows the types of books I read and what I like vs. don't like, can genera
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn’t love a second chance romance? They’re one of my favorite tropes. I love learning how the relationship got screwed up in the first place. And, of course, I love the groveling and begging that happens when a couple is trying to reconnect. All the misplaced anger, the misunderstandings, all the angst… All the hot and dirty make-up sex. Yeah. Hot and dirty make-up sex. Sigh.

Filthy English is all this and so much more. I loved Remi and her attempt to get through being jilted two weeks bef
Michelle
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Filthy English is the follow up novel to Dirty English in which we get to know Dax Blay, the less than serious brother of Declan. Years ago Dax and Remi had a weekend love affair that ended abruptly and after a few stolen nights in London, leaving the past in the past isn’t as simple as it sounds.

I am so in love with this series – with this author. I was so excited when I was originally reading Dirty English, knowing that there was no way that she’d tease us with a brother and not give us his st
Reanell Tisdale
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
5 Sex Lord Stars!!

I'm in complete awe here. This is my first book by this author and it hit me just right. I seriously have no idea how I've never read her writing. But, after reading this one I WILL BE READING THEM ALL!

Filthy English is book 2 but can be read as a stand-alone. I would suggest starting at book 1, I'm kicking myself for not reading it first.

I started reading this book during the 4th of july celebration. I had to stop several times during the day and was dying to get home to dev
Bindi Boo
DNF at 40%... found too many things i didn't like. Case of it's me not you, book. Was so looking forward to this one as i LOVED Dirty English. Boo hoo!
Sybil aka Lala

Warning: This review will contain a lot of swear words and the word ‘intense’ and things written in all caps and many, many exclamation points. It’s the only way I can convey the emotions swirling around in me after reading this book.

First of all:

Fuck Filthy English.

Secondly:

Fuck Ilsa Madden- Mills for writing this hateful book.

She ruined my goddamned life.

Why? I’ll fucking tell you.

Here is my list of seven things I fucking hated about Filthy English!

1. teach me how I should forget to think
Now,
J. Kahele
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

What do you do when you are left with a paid honeymoon to England after your fiancé tells you just weeks before that he's not ready to get married? What Remi did was take her best friend and try to forget the heartbreak she had left behind.
Masked at a club she literally falls into the arms of a sexy, hot Brit. He seems so familiar to her and soon she learns the masked man is Dax, a man who she had fallen in love with as a freshman in college. The chemistry is strong between the two and
Coco.V
Mar 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/25/2018)!💝

Blurb:
One night of mistaken identity…

She didn't plan on attending a masquerade party. She sure didn’t plan on waking up next to the British bad boy who broke
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"He'd forget about me and trace lines on some other girl's back. And then another. All the while, I'd have to pretend like my heart wasn't forced to jump off a skyscraper, screaming the entire way down."

This book, God, this book. I mean, I really enjoyed Dirty English but Dax, oh man, he stole the show for me. When I met Dax in Dirty English, I in no way thought for a minute that I would love him like I did in this book. He struck me as just a "fun guy". Not relationship material at all. But,
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<33

description

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
Cute, sexy, and expertly narrated. Full review later.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Filthy English by Ilsa Madden-Mills
4 stars!!

“You can’t hate the first boy you ever loved.”

Being a Brit, I love reading about them and Ilsa Madden-Mills certainly has hit the nail on the head with her boys. Dirty English, the first in this series was about Declan Blay, now is the turn of his brother Dax. Like I said with Dirty English, even though these brothers had been Americanised somewhat they still held their British roots proud and loud.

Declan and Dax were chalk and cheese and while Dec
✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via TRSOR PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

"Oh, sh*#. Here comes some bloody British trouble-- dammit, he's hot, even sweaty. You think he's dangerous? Want me to stay or join?" My sentiments exactly Lulu.

Dax and Remi are the perfectly blend of beautiful but also chaos and disaster.

When they're hot, there's nothing that can stop them and when they're cold everything that comes within their path is incinerated.

Both meet while visiting in London at a masquer
Book-Bosomed  blog
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
2.75/ 3 Stars

Remi Montague is on vacation in London with her best friend. She’s supposed to be there on her honeymoon but her fiancé called off the wedding just before the big event. Instead out at a bar one night she runs into her old flame, Dax Blay. One kiss and both know it’s not really over.

I liked the beginning of this book and the end. I felt their chemistry right away so it was easy to get into the story and their romance. I really wanted to see them get back together. Had the plot playe
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Oh wow. I forgot how much I loved those sexy British brothers.

I read Declan and Elizabeth’s story a while back and have been meaning to read Dax and Remi’s story for a while and damn, I’m so sad I left it so long because this book was amazing!

Dax and Remi don’t have it easy. It’s a constant struggle throughout the whole book. They have feelings but don’t know how to act. There are obstacles in their way and just no way for them. She’s engaged and he’s too much of a “player”. They’re both so muc
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Rating: 4.5/5

Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

I was hooked from the first chapters. The characters, the story, the sexual tension, I loved it all and wanted more each time I finished a chapter. It took me one day to finish this book and that's only because I had a few things to do because I feel like I could have read it in a few hours.

I loved all the characters in this book, Remi to Dax, to Lulu to Spider, to Elizabeth to Declan and of course we can't forget Malcolm. All of them toge
The Challenge Fac...: Angie, Trea & Ezi - Filthy English 39 16 Oct 30, 2016 01:55PM
  • Anti-Stepbrother
  • Bossman
  • Blood to Dust
  • Into the Blue (Wild Aces, #2)
  • Playboy Pilot
  • Steadfast (True North, #2)
  • Sweet Cheeks
  • Tiger Shark
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Kissed by Reality
  • First and Last
  • No Pants Required
  • Bright Midnight
  • Outside the Lines (Rebel Hearts, #1)
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Three Loving Words
  • Stars (Penmore #1)
  • Faking It
Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills writes about strong heroines and sexy alpha males that sometimes you just want to slap. She's best known for her angsty, yet funny, New Adult college romances.

A former high school English teacher and elementary librarian, she adores all things Pride and Prejudice; Mr. Darcy is her ultimate hero.

She loves uni
More about Ilsa Madden-Mills

English (2 books)
  • Dirty English (English, #1)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • At Wave's End
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
“Is your name Angel and did you fall from heaven to be with me?” “Most likely I came from hell.” He” 1 likes
“It’s now or never, Dax. Tell her how you feel. Own it. Embrace it. “Never have I ever loved someone so much that I’d get down on my knees and beg her to forgive me for being too young to know that what we had was the most beautiful thing in the world, and all I had to do was let go of my fears and love her forever.” 1 likes