Start by marking “Filthy English (English, #2)” as Want to Read:
Filthy English (English, #2)

Filthy English (English #2)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  5,067 Ratings  ·  782 Reviews
From Wall Street Journal best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills comes a new, full-length STANDALONE novel about HOT British alphas.

A smokin’ hot British player…
A jilted girl…
One night of mistaken identity…

Published July 11th 2016 (first published July 9th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Filthy English, please sign up.

Ilsa Madden-Mills July 10th! :) Technically, my promo says the 11th, but it will go live early.

Thank you! :)

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo d8cbc358bd375d958cf3d842af1a5e_zpsvszicdx5.gif

The British Are Coming!!!!!! Did you hear me? I said the The British Are Coming!!!!!! Yes, that’s right Ilsa Madden-Mills’ hunky and dreamy Brits are here and they are here to stay!!!!!! Declan and Dax Blay are HERE!!!!! *Cue in the fangirl screams.*

photo 2c3dc9e916cc6da908fcd8db5dd7ea_zpskpuxwcqq.gif“Me. Him.Us. Seventy-two hours in a small bedroom. Kisses.Beautiful, wonderful, endless kisses. Love. Lust. And then-devastation. Darkness.”

First, Ilsa had her readers obsessed with Declan Bla
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

The smell of him, like summer rain and sunshine, hit me, and my arms curled around his hips, my fingers slipping under his shirt and digging into the muscles of his back. He kissed me, owning my lips with lust and passion, and slowly, ever so softly, I went down the rabbit hole with him, where the entire world whispered yes, him.

photo b59b89be762d7fd62eb858c7789c36d2_zpsri05vlqp.jpg

Give me a good second chance romance story with a drop dead gorgeous British book boyfriend, and I'm as happy as a
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!!!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*

Their love was forbidden, her an Omega sister, and him a Tau frat boy. And they found out the hard way that a relationship would never work between them. But years after their fling-gone-wrong, Dax and Remi still think of each other and it's not always bad thoughts. When Remi goes on her honeymoon, without the groom, to London she only plans on getting very drunk and forgetting about the fiance that dumped her two weeks before the wedding. She never thought she wo
Loyda
May 18, 2016 Loyda rated it really liked it
My Rating 4★★★★ Stars

Genre: Contemporary Romance NA
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person – Dual

description

This is the story of Declan's twin brother who we got to see a little of him on book one. I was already excited to know about his story. Dax Blay; does not believe in love anymore. Since the lost of his mother he didn't feel the need to get attach to anyone. For him his school days were just nights of fun and no commitments until he met her. However; he had no idea that Remi was going to have such an impa
Beverly
Jul 12, 2016 Beverly rated it really liked it
Filthy English is a little bit of a modern day Romeo and Juliet, with a lot less death and a lot more humor. I think that was my favorite part, that and how real the characters felt to me.

Remi is at a club in London, on her honeymoon only she isn’t with her husband, she is with her best friend. That’s right, her best friend, because her fiancé needs “space.” Remi is a planner and the farthest thing from a risk-taker. She is afraid of the unknown, being alone and heartbreak. These traits lead he
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Oh naked British bad boy with tattoos. That’ll work!

Stand-alone
Release Date: July 11, 2016
Shh… ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Pre-order: Coming soon!
Blurb:
A smokin’ hot British player…
A jilted girl…
One night of mistaken identity…

Two weeks before her wedding, Remi Montague’s fiancé drops her faster than a drunken sorority girl in stilettos. Armed with her best friend and a bottle of tequila, she hops a plane to London to drown her sorrows before fall semester begins at Whitman University.
She
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: I'm not quite sure why, but I didn't expect much from this. I did the same with the first book of the series, Dirty English, too. But both books were pleasantly surprising! I cried on this one, and I definitely wasn't expecting that! I thought that the different spin on the second chance romance was refreshing and enjoyable. While I know that some of my safety gals might have some issues with this book, I ended up liking it :)

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Rem
Jayme
This book made me crazy, but I kinda like it anyway.

Remi Montague has a a specific plan for the future. But it all goes to hell when her "perfect" fiancé jilted her two weeks before the wedding. To forget about the failure, she takes her best friend and goes on a trip to London, which was supposed to be her honeymoon.

She is determined to have a great time. They explore the city by day and go wild in the clubs at night. One evening they go to a Masquerade party. Too much alcohol and Remi lands
 ⊱✿⊰ Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Ilsa Madden-Mills" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Filthy English
RELEASE DATE: July 11th 2016

MY RATING: 5 STARS

*A second -chance modern day romance inspired by the story Romeo and Juliet*

REVIEW IN PROGRESS

FILTHY ENGLISH: Spoken in dual perspectives (Dex & Remi) In 'Dirty English' we met Declan, 'Filthy
Denisa
4.2 GR stars, wow, this will be a great read!

There were a lot of things I didn't like about this book (a lot!).
Like the "English" guy, who's suppose to be brittish, but he is just... weird. It's hard to imagine someone who's been living in the US for a really long time using all those supposed british slangs - it's hard to imagine an actual brit talking like that too.

I could have gotten over it if the characters were good (maybe even decent). But they felt like idiots to me (and oh, how I miss
Dilek VT
This is the 2nd book in "English" series and this one is about Dax, who is the twin brother of the first book's hero Declan. I loved this book even more than the first one.

description

This book has a very simple plot line and some may even call it cliché but it is beautiful nevertheless. Sometimes, a simple sweet love story can be as good as a chocolate treat and this book made that effect on me. I felt as if having devoured a huge piece of chocolate cake, all satisfied, happy and high :) It left a huge gri
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

I would love to say: We all remember Dax from Dirty English. BUT, I don't. I suffer from a horrible case of Booksalzheimers. But I don't think it's all that important that we remember what happend in Declan's story. I just know that Dax is his twin. And I only know that because they told me in the beginning of this book ☺ You might want to do a re-read of Declan & Elizabeth's story first!

Now to Filthy English:
Remi has just been dumped by her all-american-pretty-boy fiancé two weeks before th
Shannon Moore
Jul 13, 2016 Shannon Moore rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Everyone loves a bad boy, so what happens when the hero of Filthy English is not only a traditional bad boy, but comes complete with a sexier than sin English accent? You fall in love, that's what happens. There are no known limits of the magnetism and swoony power that is known as Dax Blay.

What was it about him that made me so weak?
The answer was simple: Dax Blay was my Achilles heel, my one vulnerability.

Anyone who knows the types of books I read and what I like vs. don't like, can genera
Reanell Tisdale
Jul 03, 2016 Reanell Tisdale rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
5 Sex Lord Stars!!

I'm in complete awe here. This is my first book by this author and it hit me just right. I seriously have no idea how I've never read her writing. But, after reading this one I WILL BE READING THEM ALL!

Filthy English is book 2 but can be read as a stand-alone. I would suggest starting at book 1, I'm kicking myself for not reading it first.

I started reading this book during the 4th of july celebration. I had to stop several times during the day and was dying to get home to dev
Bindi Boo
DNF at 40%... found too many things i didn't like. Case of it's me not you, book. Was so looking forward to this one as i LOVED Dirty English. Boo hoo!
Sybil aka Lala

Warning: This review will contain a lot of swear words and the word ‘intense’ and things written in all caps and many, many exclamation points. It’s the only way I can convey the emotions swirling around in me after reading this book.

First of all:

Fuck Filthy English.

Secondly:

Fuck Ilsa Madden- Mills for writing this hateful book.

She ruined my goddamned life.

Why? I’ll fucking tell you.

Here is my list of seven things I fucking hated about Filthy English!

1. teach me how I should forget to think
Now,
Give Me Books
Jul 13, 2016 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
Who doesn’t love a second chance romance? They’re one of my favorite tropes. I love learning how the relationship got screwed up in the first place. And, of course, I love the groveling and begging that happens when a couple is trying to reconnect. All the misplaced anger, the misunderstandings, all the angst… All the hot and dirty make-up sex. Yeah. Hot and dirty make-up sex. Sigh.

Filthy English is all this and so much more. I loved Remi and her attempt to get through being jilted two weeks bef
J. Kahele
Jul 11, 2016 J. Kahele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

What do you do when you are left with a paid honeymoon to England after your fiancé tells you just weeks before that he's not ready to get married? What Remi did was take her best friend and try to forget the heartbreak she had left behind.
Masked at a club she literally falls into the arms of a sexy, hot Brit. He seems so familiar to her and soon she learns the masked man is Dax, a man who she had fallen in love with as a freshman in college. The chemistry is strong between the two and
Michelle
Jun 10, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Filthy English is the follow up novel to Dirty English in which we get to know Dax Blay, the less than serious brother of Declan. Years ago Dax and Remi had a weekend love affair that ended abruptly and after a few stolen nights in London, leaving the past in the past isn’t as simple as it sounds.

I am so in love with this series – with this author. I was so excited when I was originally reading Dirty English, knowing that there was no way that she’d tease us with a brother and not give us his st
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<33

description

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jul 11, 2016 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Filthy English by Ilsa Madden-Mills
4 stars!!

“You can’t hate the first boy you ever loved.”

Being a Brit, I love reading about them and Ilsa Madden-Mills certainly has hit the nail on the head with her boys. Dirty English, the first in this series was about Declan Blay, now is the turn of his brother Dax. Like I said with Dirty English, even though these brothers had been Americanised somewhat they still held their British roots proud and loud.

Declan and Dax were chalk and cheese and while Dec
✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 30, 2016 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via TRSOR PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

"Oh, sh*#. Here comes some bloody British trouble-- dammit, he's hot, even sweaty. You think he's dangerous? Want me to stay or join?" My sentiments exactly Lulu.

Dax and Remi are the perfectly blend of beautiful but also chaos and disaster.

When they're hot, there's nothing that can stop them and when they're cold everything that comes within their path is incinerated.

Both meet while visiting in London at a masquer
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 11, 2016 Red Cheeks Reads rated it it was amazing
"He'd forget about me and trace lines on some other girl's back. And then another. All the while, I'd have to pretend like my heart wasn't forced to jump off a skyscraper, screaming the entire way down."

This book, God, this book. I mean, I really enjoyed Dirty English but Dax, oh man, he stole the show for me. When I met Dax in Dirty English, I in no way thought for a minute that I would love him like I did in this book. He struck me as just a "fun guy". Not relationship material at all. But,
Tijuana [TJ Loves Books Blog]
Cute, sexy, and expertly narrated. Full review later.
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Rating: 4.5/5

Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

I was hooked from the first chapters. The characters, the story, the sexual tension, I loved it all and wanted more each time I finished a chapter. It took me one day to finish this book and that's only because I had a few things to do because I feel like I could have read it in a few hours.

I loved all the characters in this book, Remi to Dax, to Lulu to Spider, to Elizabeth to Declan and of course we can't forget Malcolm. All of them toge
Leslie
Jul 09, 2016 Leslie rated it it was amazing
This is the kind of book where afterwards I had to sit quietly and process the wrenching emotional rollercoaster ride I’d just experienced.

Phenomenally well-written, with clever Romeo and Juliet references throughout, I don’t know that I’ve ever had my heart torn so much, in the best way possible. Even though it’s inspired by Shakespeare and I feared for a tragedy (don’t worry, no one dies), it’s a romance—but one that captures the tragedies of the heart so damn well. Why we don’t let in the one
Kate Phoenix
4 ‘They should have gotten their heads out of their arses sooner’ Stars.

Once upon a time there was a jilted princess well in this case not really a princess but you get my drift. Remington Montague has had a tough couple of weeks her engagement was broken off by the groom to be. She lost her deposit of ten grand. She went on her expected honeymoon with her friend Lulu and met a choreographed male perfection all in London, baby. On a night in the town at the club masquerade said choreographed ma
Leigh
Jul 13, 2016 Leigh rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
While enjoying Dirty English Declan's book I knew I couldn't wait for Dax's story. He came across as a cocky, dirty talking, man whore and I totally loved it. Unfortunately for me this story was terrible. It was boring and honestly I wanted to give up at 48%. I didn't like Dax or Remi. The constant back and forth was annoying. They both were insecure children who with a little communication could have spent the book making me believe they were meant to be.
~Kristin~
4 Stars
Jo *Reading Is My Bliss*
Jul 05, 2016 Jo *Reading Is My Bliss* rated it really liked it

It would be fair to say that you always remember the first guy you fell for, whether it was a crush or love. Even if you don't end up spending your life with them, you occasionally pop back into your memory bank and wonder where they are now.

Three years ago Remi and Dax spent a weekend together wrapped up in each other's bodies and the sheets of Dax's bed. It was hot, passionate and dirty sex. They could not get enough of each other. In fact, it would be fair to say, for both of them,
The Challenge Fac...: Angie, Trea & Ezi - Filthy English 39 16 Oct 30, 2016 01:55PM
  • Anti-Stepbrother
  • Bossman
  • Blood to Dust
  • Into the Blue (Wild Aces, #2)
  • Playboy Pilot
  • Steadfast (True North, #2)
  • Sweet Cheeks
  • Tiger Shark
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Kissed by Reality
  • First and Last
  • No Pants Required
  • Bright Midnight
  • Outside the Lines (Rebel Hearts, #1)
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Three Loving Words
  • Stars (Penmore #1)
  • Faking It (UnReal, #1)
Wall Street Journal best selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills writes about strong heroines and sexy alpha males that sometimes you just want to slap.

She's addicted to all things fantasy, including unicorns and sword-wielding females. Other fascinations include frothy coffee beverages, dark chocolate, Ian Somerhalder, astronomy (she's a Gemini), and tattoos. She has a degree in English and a Master's i
More about Ilsa Madden-Mills...

English (2 books)
  • Dirty English (English, #1)

“The room spun, and I was suddenly queasy, and why did I slam all that tequila, and oh my God, my wrist is currently attached to my tit like a T. rex arm. “Hey,” 0 likes
“Is your name Angel and did you fall from heaven to be with me?” “Most likely I came from hell.” He” 0 likes