Start by marking “Secrets Don't Make Survivors” as Want to Read:
Secrets Don't Make Survivors

Secrets Don't Make Survivors (Secrets Don't Make Friends #2)

Before That Night, Sadie Mays was a college graduate with an acceptance into a great PhD program, a fun summer nanny job abroad, and enough confidence to believe the world would always lay at her feet.

After That Night, Kayleigh Vicks is nobody. She survives the only way she knows how—staying alone, keeping her mouth shut, and turning her back on every single hope Sadie ha
Published March 15th 2016 by Author Published

To ask other readers questions about Secrets Don't Make Survivors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets Don't Make Survivors

Jamie Davis
Jan 29, 2016 Jamie Davis rated it it was amazing
But Secrets Keep You Riveted

As I raced through the last few pages of Lyla’s newest Secrets book, I couldn’t help but think about what a thrilling series this is. I knew not to make assumptions about the storyline because Lyla always surpasses my expectations far beyond anything I can imagine.

From the moment Lyla mentioned Kayleigh in Secrets Don’t Make Friends, I was hoping she would write another book and tell us her story, and it was every bit as exciting and emotional as I thought it would be
Lyla Payne
Mar 15, 2016 Lyla Payne added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Happy Ides of March, Butterflies - unless you're a leader of some sort, because then you should definitely beware!

So, SECRETS DON'T MAKE SURVIVORS is out today! It's a thriller about a woman in witness protection and her strange relationship with the man sent to bring her to the organized crime boss who wants to kill her. If you haven't read SECRETS DON'T MAKE FRIENDS, don't worry! The two are complete standalones other than some minor character cross over.

You can click here to check out the li
Sandra Lancaster
Mar 13, 2016 Sandra Lancaster rated it it was amazing
But Secrets make for an intriguing story. This book is different from others out there, which is why I enjoyed it so much. It intrigued me from the beginning and kept my attention throughout with suspense, mystery, conflict and a little romance. The characters are well developed and the story pulls you in.

I became attached to both of the characters and was emotionally invested in them. While I was wanting to trust Logan was a good guy and would do the right thing in the end, I was also warning
Ashlee Thatcher
Mar 15, 2016 Ashlee Thatcher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I have ever read a Lyla Payne book that I didn't like, and this is no exception to that rule! The book hooks you immediately and the character conflict has you torn between rooting for characters and worrying about the final outcome. You quickly become attached and emotionally invested. The reading is fast, gripping, and will keep you up wanting to know what happens! A great second book to a wonderful stand-alone series!
Kelly Mccurdy
Apr 06, 2016 Kelly Mccurdy rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin to describe the Awesomeness that is Lyla's new book!? When I started reading this book I was completely sucked in! I couldn't put it down! The mystery that surrounds Kayleigh is thick. You don't really know what happens to her until much later into the book, and by then you are flipping the pages so fast. There is mystery, love, regret, guilt in this book. You get a good dose of cartel and lots of FBI. Read this book!!
Teresa Sambrook
Jan 30, 2016 Teresa Sambrook rated it it was amazing
All I can say is Wow! Ms. Lyla Payne did it again. This is a suspenseful thriller that make you want to fight for the truth and true love. Technically the second book in secrets series, but you read it without reading the first. Kayleigh placed in Iowa by FBI after witnessing a crime she can't even remember. The quilt of that night made her give up on life, that's until Logan walks in. But is he really a good guy or a walking nightmare? Read it to find out! You won't be disappointed!
Mar 11, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Just finished Secrets Don't Make Survivors and loved it! I should have been in the bed 2 hours ago but couldn't put it down! Such a great and suspenseful story! I love how the chapters alternated between Kyleigh and Logan. Loved the ending and can't wait for the next book in the series!
Heather
Feb 21, 2016 Heather rated it it was amazing
Incredible! This is another intriguing, thrilling, suspenseful story. The story alternates between the point of Kayleigh and Logan, the two main characters. They are both so well developed and believable as individuals as well as together as a "couple". I just loved this book!
Wendy Beasley
Wendy Beasley rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2017
gmg3
gmg3 rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2017
Chrystal
Chrystal rated it it was amazing
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Betty
Betty rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Angela Shockley
Angela Shockley rated it it was amazing
Katelyn Exner
Katelyn Exner rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Red Iza
Excellent as always, I haven't read any Lyla Payne book who has disappointed me yet !
Sinéad McKenna
Sinéad McKenna rated it liked it
Tina L Evans
Tina L Evans rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Charlotte Chadwick
Charlotte Chadwick rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Felicia Thorn
Felicia Thorn rated it it was amazing
Betty
Betty rated it it was amazing
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2016
Nicki
Nicki rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
equilibri
equilibri rated it it was ok
May 09, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
stephen stokes
stephen stokes rated it really liked it
May 17, 2016
Anthea
Anthea rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Sinéad McKenna
Sinéad McKenna marked it as to-read
Pamela Ebeler
Pamela Ebeler marked it as to-read
Michelle Stuck
Michelle Stuck marked it as to-read
Kandy
Kandy marked it as to-read
Caro
Caro marked it as to-read
JoAnne
JoAnne marked it as to-read
Diane Manley
Diane Manley marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Mirela Ramić Borojević
Mirela Ramić Borojević marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Joelle
Joelle marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Sherry Judge
Sherry Judge marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Rachelle Knutson
Rachelle Knutson marked it as to-read
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Nicole Watkins
Nicole Watkins marked it as to-read
Jessica Mae
Jessica Mae marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Taina
Taina marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Jennifer HOot
Jennifer HOot marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Ana
Ana added it
Apr 06, 2016
Pablo Suau
Pablo Suau marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Ma-Anne
Ma-Anne marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
little 'ole me
little 'ole me marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Manaheel Zehra
Manaheel Zehra marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Marcia
Marcia marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
LaylaTaylor
LaylaTaylor marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Simone
Simone marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
I've been publishing New Adult romance novels for a little over a year, starting with Broken at Love and continuing with the rest of the Whitman University series. I adore telling stories, discovering the little reasons people fall in love, and uncovering hidden truths in the world around us – past and present.

In my spare time I cuddle my two dogs, pretend to enjoy exercising so that I can eat as
More about Lyla Payne...

Secrets Don't Make Friends (2 books)
  • Secrets Don't Make Friends