Start by marking “The Heart of Stars (Rhiannon's Ride #3)” as Want to Read:
The Heart of Stars (Rhiannon's Ride #3)

The Heart of Stars (Rhiannon's Ride #3)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  1,757 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
An evil necromancer has kidnapped the princess Olywynne and her twin brother, plotting to spill their blood-for revenge, and to restore his own family to life. Chaos reigns in the capital, and no one can stop the necromancer but Rhiannon and her winged mare. But can she bring herself to rescue the woman she hates more than anyone-Olywynne, her rival for the apprentice-witc ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Published May 1st 2007 by Roc (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Heart of Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart of Stars

Buffy Greentree
This is the last in the series. I probably should have learnt after the first two that the things that annoyed me weren't going to get better. But I was seeking closure, something I only partially received.
On the positive side, the world that Forsyth has thought out is very detailed, and the Scottish accent at least consistent. There is something intriguing that makes you want to read and discover more.
On the negative side, though, a lot of it isn't very consistent. We never really work out wh
Vickey Foggin
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
So much action and adventure! This was a real page turner with complicated plotting and all intrigues resolved. Some problems with boring writing where exciting things are described in annoying way. As much as I liked some characters and reading this story I am glad the series is over and it will be a while before I read another book by Kate Forsyth.
Vicky
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy

“An evil necromancer has kidnapped the royal twins, plotting to spill their blood for revenge, and to restore his own family to life. Chaos reigns in the capital and Rhiannon finds herself burdened with a heavy charge: to save the one woman she hates above all others.”

This is an interesting book. Not having read the others in the series, I read this with some trepidation, wondering if I would be able to pick up the story. While there may be some background details I’m missing, the story was able
Karissa
Dec 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is the third, and final, book in the trilogy Rhiannon's Ride. This book was a good balance of adventure and intrigue. I didn't think it was quite as good as the first two books; there were parts of the book where things got a little tedious and I had to drag myself through them. Those parts were far between and short though; so overall I really enjoyed this book.

Rhiannon takes off to rescue the twins from the Lord of Fettercain while the Keeper of the Keys must travel back through time to p
Shaun
Oct 02, 2016 marked it as to-read
SPOILER ALERT!

I just finished the book and the series, I loved it the whole way through but I was extremely dissatisfied with the ending much as I was with how the Witches of Eileanan ended. It seems that the author tried to wrap everything up in one short chapter leaving many, many questions such as is the ghost of Magrit going to come back? Are they going to be at war with Tirsolir because of their attempts to take over the kingdom AGAIN? What about poor Elfrida? She was driven mad by the ghos
Lauren
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5. This was much more fast paced than the last book.
Ioet
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Kate Forsyth has done it again. She has deftly interwoven her characters, world, and the history of that world to create a beautiful tale of love, pain, adventure, and heartache.[return][return]In THE HEART OF STARS, half-satyicorn girl Rhiannon, Keybearer Isabeau, and Banrìgh Bronwen all struggle in their own way to save Eileanan from the treasonous plots hatched by a gang of villains.[return][return]This book is absolutely gripping, exciting, and powerful. There are some scenes here that will ...more
Cassandra Page
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book by Kate Forsyth, and a very satisfying end to the series. The Heart of Stars follows three overarching plot threads: the rescue of Doncann and Thunderlily (mostly told from Isabeau's perspective), the rescue of Olwynne and Owein (mostly told from Rhiannon's and Olwynne's perspectives), and the political machinations at court (mostly told from Bronwen's perspective). It does jump around a little, especially at the start - I was a little worried that it was going to switch e ...more
Elizabeth
Aug 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Finally got around to reading this book after buying it right when it came out in the US. Not because I hate the story or the author (because I LOVE them both) but because I find the main character annoying.

It was so nice to see all my favorite characters again: Isabeau, Dide, Finn the Cat, that I could get over not liking Rhiannon. The middle section of the book with Dide and Isabeau was so heart-wrenching but I'm glad it worked out in the end. I was distressed over the whole Margrit deal beca
Holly
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The ending to this series is a gripping tale that kept me up much later than appropriate. I just couldn't put it down!

Rhiannon has grown so much since we first met her. The author writes all her characters beautifully and makes you fall in love with all of them... Except for the bad ones of course. We hope Rhiannon kicks their butts.

This book has a fantastic plot with unexpected twists and turn and is set in one of the best fantasy settings I have ever read. It's right up there with the world
Tammy
Feb 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, own
Rhiannon, Finn, and Jay race after Laird Malvern, who holds Olwynne and Olwein while Isabeau (and friends) hunt for Donncan. With the court in turmoil, Bronwen controversially seizes power.

The series has saved up all the action for the end. The Heart of Stars was a great conclusion to the series. I wish there was more! The plot is still a little disjointed like the previous book, but it also resolves all the plot threads introduced in the early two books (with non-stop action) and mostly involve
Stuart Macmartin
Sep 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013, fantasy
Upper side of 3 stars. This is more like it. Good action and suspense. Flaws keeping this from 4 stars are the incessant adolescent handling of emotions, and not quite successful attempts to account for the stupidity of most characters in the second book. Some of the characters felt like cardboard cut-outs. But overall what I'd been expecting from this trilogy.
Monique
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, to-read-again, ebooks
Too many things are left hanging for my liking. Do they resurrect Olwynne (since they know how now). Does Rhiannon find her family? Will there now be more winged horses with the advent of a new stallion? Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy more than the first six, which reminded me far too much of the Axis/Crusader trilogies. Both Australian authors though, so that's good.
Celia
The final book of this trilogy was probably my least favourite - it's an entire novel about a rescue attempt after several characters are kidnapped. And that's a really long time to keep a kidnapping plot going. I was fairly relieved to reach an ending, and a resolution to most of the many many convoluted plot points that have arisen along the way in this trilogy.
paeonia
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, 2015
What is the point of creating a strong female character - and in naming the series after her - if she is has to wait passively to be rescued by her lover in the end? Very disappointing. I won't even go into all the inconsistencies in plot. A weak ending to a series that started strongly.
Lizzy
Feb 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Not as well written as the rest of the series. See my note below about the incorrect name.

Just didn't flow as well, she was obviously rushing for a deadline when it was written.

I still love the series though :)
Heather
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This was a great finish to an enjoyable series. It tied up all the story lines and gave a nice glimpse into the futures for the characters. I like how it wasn't all rosy for everyone - there were some sacrifices that just had to happen.
Ioet
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Pamela
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Am half way through and wow is this getting interesting!
Rachael
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Just didn't get into this book as much as her previous ones, however it pulled me in at the end and was an overall enjoyable read.
Cassandra Teo
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As always, Kate draws me into her world and makes me loathe to leave it.
Kim Williams
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mind blowingly fantastic
Kristen
Jul 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya
Kate Forsyth is really good at wrapping up her series. She did another great job with this conclusion. I didn't want it to end, which, to me, is a sign of an excellent book.
Juliana Marie
Jan 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I loved it :-D
Pauline Turner
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very good series, really enjoyed reading all 9 books of the same author. I highly recommend
Jessica
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a powerful journey. While all the questions were beautifully answered and the loose ends neatly tied off I can't help but hope for a third series with the third generation.
Sara
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved these books. I wish there were more.
Kendra
Fast paced, really good ending. They left a bit of Rhiannon's family background hanging, but overall, lots of action, all of the way through
Kerry Alexander-Hall
Jan 06, 2016
Amy Christopher
May 27, 2016
  • Shattered Dance
  • The Palace of Impossible Dreams (Tide Lords, #3)
  • Destiny (Trinity, #3)
  • Greylands
  • The Lady of the Sorrows (The Bitterbynde, #2)
  • Druid's Sword (The Troy Game, #4)
  • Shadows and Light (Tir Alainn, #2)
Kate Forsyth wrote her first novel at the age of seven, and is now the internationally bestselling author of 40 books for both adults and children.

Her books for adults include 'Beauty in Thorns', the true love story behind a famous painting of 'Sleeping Beauty'; 'The Beast's Garden', a retelling of the Grimm version of 'Beauty & the Beast', set in the German underground resistance to Hitler i
More about Kate Forsyth...

Rhiannon's Ride (3 books)
  • The Tower of Ravens (Rhiannon's Ride, #1)
  • The Shining City (Rhiannon's Ride #2)