Start by marking “Vault of Dreams” as Want to Read:
Vault of Dreams

Vault of Dreams

Albanland. Emerald hills and ice blue lochs, bordered by Nørds raiders and the haughty monarchs of South Angle, each dynasty eager to seize lands weakened by a civil war in which a usurper has risen to seize the cloven throne.
Morgance, Faer Princess of the Night.
And by her side, the fearsome Ultan Skölhammer, sworn Guardian of the Crown.
But Rhoswen, rightful heir to the th
Published July 27th 2016 by Luke Taylor (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Vault of Dreams, please sign up.
Luke Taylor Hi Neetu, and thank you for your interest! Vault of Dreams is a standalone, but I am working on another standalone, The Knight Ascendant, in the same…moreHi Neetu, and thank you for your interest! Vault of Dreams is a standalone, but I am working on another standalone, The Knight Ascendant, in the same style for people who really loved Vault of Dreams and wanted to read something just like it.(less)

Candace Robinson
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off, I was glad this was a stand alone because those seem hard to find these days in a fantasy. Next, the prose was beautiful and had me from the get go. The book is told in multiple point of view from several characters, and I liked them all. The brothers were probably my favorite! I did manage to draw some tears in this book. Before I forget to mention the world building in this was one of the best I have read! Review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Luke Taylor
Mar 28, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This book changed my life. I love it so much, I named my band after one of the characters! :D
Lonna | FLYLēF
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
FLYLēF Book Reviews

Dear Luke,

It’s my first time writing a review in the form of a letter. I simple didn’t want to write any review; I wanted to write a review to you. My single greatest regret is that I’m only rating Vault of Dreams 4 of 5. Yes, I’m horrible. But, I know that you’d want my honest review above all else, and I would give you nothing less than that.

Rare is it that I find myself so privileged to read an author’s work. You write with such beautiful and romantic prose, yet Vault of Dreams is still grou
☽Luna☾
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-shit
RTC
John Papadopoulos
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
That was such an epic adventure! I thoroughly enjoyed it. What made this novel stand out was the writing style; I've never experienced this kind of style it was very beautiful and majestic; however, there were times it became overwhelming which was taking away the main focus of the events that was happening at that moment. You can immediately tell that Luke is so passionate about his world and his characters it sucks you in immediately; you don't want to leave this beautiful place!

The character
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
First of all, thanks to Luke for providing me with an ARC!

From the first chapter, Luke's passion for writing is evident from the vivid world to the saturated prose. I recommend reading slowly or you'll miss important details as the sentences are lush yet lengthy at times - but inspiring nonetheless. You can tell he approaches his prose the same way Roshani paints her words in "A Star Touched Queen." It is definitely an art form and one that he's poured a lot of his soul into. On a personal leve
Minni Mouse
May 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Star-Touched Queen
Here’s my overall review of this book in five simple words: I didn’t care for it.

Three of my absolute favorite movies happen to be Michael Bay films: Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, and the first Transformers film. Michael Bay often gets blasted for his “paint by numbers” filmmaking. Critics say that his action scenes are supercharged with cheap-thrill clichés and that he relies too heavily on fast camera changes, flashing lights, colors, and explosions.

In my mind, however, what’s not to love about
Nastassja
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of lyrical writing style

*Thank you to the author for providing me with a physical ARC of this book*

This book was hard to read. It took me almost eight months to finish it, and partly because I read physical copies rarely these days, it took me longer to actually find some time during the daylight to read a few chapters here and there. But the most challenging among all was to wade myself through book's words and metaphors. And trust me, Vault of Dreams is full of metaphors.

Don't get me wrong, the writing is intrinsic

Svetlana Dyachenko
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of words
Time, the infinite enemy of all, unforgiveness and irreversibility weapons borne in each of its hands, crushing hills and quenching rivers like a giant fist crashing upon the land.

If someone asks me to describe this book by one word, then I will choose “charming” Why? Now, I will try to explain that.

This is not an average YA book with the chosen one and her love troubles against the backdrop of the world, which is falling apart. The highlight of this book are the characters, namely their feeli
Victoria
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pros:
• The main characters are very well thought out.
• I liked the concept of the plot and structure of this book.
• Aerlyn was strong and brave and throughout the book I admired her, BUT my favourite character was one that she met along her journey, I don't want to say who as I don't want to spoil the story, but he was amazing and kind and sweet and selfless..
• The relationships between the characters are tangled and interesting to follow.
• VoD Contains several stories told through constantly
Amber Hetchler (アンバーちゃん)
All right, deep breath.

Definitely my favourite of Luke's that I've read so far. I read it whenever I had a moment to spare.

Alright, why not start with the characters? Characters? What characters? These were real people! Loved that character development and how real everyone felt. That's the most important aspect of a book in my opinion. You could have the shittiest storyline in the history of shitty storylines and I will love it to peices if you have stellar charaters.
And the thing is, it didn
Julie Eshbaugh
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to receive an advance copy of VAULT OF DREAMS by Luke Taylor. This book tackles so many challenges, and it succeeds at them all! First, let me say something about the language. The prose in VAULT OF DREAMS is rich and lyrical, so much so that it sweeps you into the magical world it describes and holds you there as if hypnotized. The book introduces you to eight characters, and as you read, each of their individual stories intertwines to tell the epic tale of a mythical pla ...more
Rebecca McNutt
I don't know if words can describe just how much I loved every page of this new young adult fantasy novel, but I'll try my best...

My only hope is that she can forgive me for being a coward on that day, and forgive me for saying nothing about what you did to her. For letting her run away and plunge this Kingdom into the madness we have come to accept as a normal way of life.

Draped in a Scottish-inspired atmosphere and filled with gripping suspense and striking scenery, Vault of Dreams is nothin
Anna
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epic-fantasy
This review is LONG overdue. Because epic fantasy is typically a hit or miss for me, it really depends on timing and my reading mood.

First of all, this cover is GORGEOUS. I mean, Luke did a phenomenal job getting this packaged together beautifully. From the cover to the beautiful formatting within, just perfect!

As for the story, Luke has done a tremendous job building and weaving this unique world. Some of the scene descriptions reminded me a lot of Tolkien. And the pacing picked up speed after
Kelly
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was very kindly given a hard copy of this book by the author, Luke Taylor, in an exchange for an honest review. And boy am I glad he did.

This book isn't just a book, it isn't words on paper, it is an entire world filled with real people, love, hate, war and peace. This book made me feel in a way that connected me to Albanland and its inhabitants and, now it is over, it has left a void like only the best books can.

A genuine pleasure to read and it fills me with genuine sadness to know that it's
Alyssa
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a very well written book. My favorite characters were Niles and Finleigh, because they were very easy to relate to. I would recommend this to anybody that enjoys reading a book that was well thought out and has very detailed characters.
Rose Reid
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Morgance. Faer Princess of the Night.
And by her side, the fearsome Ultan Skölhammer, sworn Guardian of the Crown.
But Rhoswen, rightful heir to the throne, princess in exile, leads a final uprising from the depths of the forest, an uprising that twists together the lives of the most un
Lauren
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
Note: I received a signed ARC copy of this book from the author. This on no way influences my opinion.

For all you regular readers out there, you guys know how excited I was about this book. I think I have been raving about it for weeks now! To say I loved this book would be an understatement!! I need more from this authors works - especially because this book was a standalone and left me reeling! I am going to do this in more of a list style so that this review stays as coherent as possible!

Rochelle
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have
4.5*
I received an ARC from the author for an honest review.

Full review here: http://www.chocomeiske.com/2016/07/31...

Overall, VOD is a lyrical, character driven fantasy tale of a Kingdom at war, its rightful Queen displaced, and the efforts of these unlikely heroes to win it back and mend the wrongs against its people, populated with memorable, real characters all brought to life by the vivid and poetic descriptions employed creatively by its author, which is sure to capture the hearts and emot
Aubrey
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Luke!!

First off, I am so thankful to have met such an awesome person and talented writer. I got to the end and saw my name in the acknowledgement and thanks section. I began crying over it like a dork. This is the second book that I have been noted in in my life. It seriously inspires me to want to write and put my name on the cover of a book to call my own.

Ok, now on to the book. What can I say other than, I absolutely FREAKIN LOVED IT! The last couple chapters really took me by surprise. I f
Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words)
I know that you (or most of you) have already listened to me gush about how much I love Luke Taylor when I reviewed his novel The Quiet Kill (my review). I am just floored by how eloquently his words just flow, his stories come to life, and I immediately get attached to the characters.

His newest novel Vault of Dreams is no different. It was within the very first 5 pages that I KNEW, this book was going to a favorite for 2016, if not my lifetime!

Vault of Dreams, which follows the lives of several
A.L. Buehrer
Aug 31, 2017 added it
Shelves: fiction
DNF
Danielle Urban
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Vault of Dreams by Luke Taylor is is an outstanding YA novel. I read a lot of YA books and this one has beat them all. Luke Taylor has created a fictional world where the rightful ruler is fighting to gain her throne back. War breaks out, loyalty is shown, and a budding romance begins. This fantasy novel has everything. Action, adventure, friendships, and a fight worth reading. Absolutely, an epic tale.

The Vault of Dreams reads as vividly as the Lord of Rings books. I was hooked. The rightful q
Yelena Lugin
So this book was a magical read.
The story was told with a poetic description.

The characters were richly created, each different and special. Each had a point in the story.
The way each of their stories were tied together was really done beautifully. It was a joy to read and an exciting experience.

There are not enough standalone books in the fantasy world. And so it was refreshing to read a story from start to finish. At the same time. I really loved the characters and would have loved to read m
Alaina
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
“I've seen a lot in my years, Aerlyn. And when I look at you, I see a rose, not a thistle."
Her heart caught in her throat and she nearly snorted.
"You see what you want to see."
Quill chuckled to himself. At the thorns in her voice.
"As do you, Thistle. Can you tell me what I can see any more than I can tell you want you see?"
"No."
"Then let me see what I want to see." He said, turning to face her, and she jabbed her midnight gaze at him before twisting her head to see the many sorrows sleeping bene
Amanda ♕ Bookrose
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, owned-books
**4.5 stars
That was an epic story!!! I have to admit that it took me some time to get through it, but it was worth it. It was amazing how you could explore each characters' journey so fully. I recommend it to everyone. **Full review to come**
Luda
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was blown away.
The writing can be a little complex sometimes, yet it's still poetically beautiful.
Savannah
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, 5-stars
I think the fact that I woke up disappointed that I had finished this the night before says a lot about how much I enjoyed it.

Thank you again to the author for sending a copy to me! ^_^
Mitchell
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This was an interesting book which was, to be honest, very different from what I expected from the publisher's blurb. Reading that, I came away with the idea that this would be a book where a bunch of characters from disparate backgrounds come together through chances of fate to fight against some greater injustice. While there are many characters, and they do end up fighting against injustice, they certainly do not form a Dragonlance-like group of adventurers.

This book is set in Northern Europ
Diane
Apr 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
The cover looks marvelous.
The blurb sounds intriguing.
Count me officially in!
Fiction Addiction: Vault of Dreams 16 14 Jun 30, 2016 01:43PM
  • Kinnara
  • The Orchard of Hope (The Orphanage of Miracles, #2)
  • Bird Without Wings: FAEBLES
  • The Boy from Tomorrow
  • The Concubine's Gift
  • Skin Deep (Eternal Forces #1)
  • Smoke and Rain (Reforged, #1)
  • Bad Boy Fighter
  • Called to Darkness
  • Glamour
  • Valorian's Children (Dark Horse and Lightning's Daughter)
  • Ashen Light
  • The Academy Alignment (The Academy #1)
  • Veronica Mars: The Movie Script
  • Birthright
  • At First Light (Exclusive Romance, #3)
  • Letters from Wanderlust
  • The First Immortal: Dark Angel
Luke Taylor is an author and musician from Renton, Washington.

He has been writing since age 7 and playing guitar since age 13, publishing 7 novels across several genres and the instrumental hard rock album, Perpetual Winter, available on all digital platforms. He has also released an album with his melodic death metal band, Skölhammer, called Tiger's Tail, which is available both digitally and as
“Your face says much, thief. Trust me, I'm the one who's looking at it.” 8 likes
“It was about time their nose for trouble had a woman's touch.” 6 likes