Start by marking “A Cantata of Love (Code Breakers, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Cantata of Love (Code Breakers, #4)

A Cantata of Love

(Code Breakers #4)

As the oldest son of the brilliant Harcourt code breaking family, the Earl of Kendal has never backed down from a challenge. When he accepts a dangerous clandestine assignment in Paris, he never expects it to be his last. But with his enemies hot on his trail, and a quickly worsening injury sapping his strength, even Michael Harcourt might not survive this one. Just as dea ...more
Published August 17th 2016 by Doe Bay Publishing (first published July 15th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about A Cantata of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cantata of Love

Jeanette
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable book and one that i read just recently. With spies, the plots and the romance, it certainly had me turning the pages. It's the first book that i have read of the Code Breakers and do hope to read the previous books in the near future.

My thanks to Negalley and the Publishers for my copy. This is my honest review.
Lilmissmolly
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Cantata of Love is my favorite book in Jacki Delecki's Code Breaker Series. Set during the Napoleonic Wars, it is a fast-paced mystery set inside a historical romance package. What I love most about these books are the strong female characters: not only are the women beautiful, they are super smart and independent. Because this story picks up shortly after the third book in the Code Breaker Series, I highly recommend starting with the first book (A Code of Love) to better understand the overar ...more
Lenora Robinson
I am sorry but I could not get into this book. I tried on several different times but it just wasn't my cup of tea.
vaneeta naik
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
WOW !!!! that is the only word that comes to mind for the Brilliant " Code Breakers " series by Jacki ... I have always admired Jacki's work ...her concept,ideas & finally presenting her story is entralling , exceptional .

A Cantata of Love by Jacki Delecki is the fourth book in her Code Breakers series; all her books so far in this series r standalone books ...as her other books in this books also she has maintained the drama, intigue, suspence, romance, action, sex, sizzling chemistry ...sh
JoAn
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Cantata of Love by Jacki Delecki is the fourth book in her Code Breakers series; but it can easily be read as a standalone. I really enjoyed this book because it has everything that I want in a historical romantic suspense. A fast paced plot with well developed characters, plenty of twists and turns that kept me turning the pages because I had to know more and a slow and heated romance. The premise of this code was based on music and I really did find that to be fascinating. I never knew that ...more
Aisha
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
So I love this book. I received this book as an audio book for an honest review. A Cantata of Love by Jacki Delecki is great romantic suspense it is the 4th book in the Code Breakers Series. The characters are well developed and the story draws you in. Michael and Gabby are great characters you will enjoy the story...
Suzannah
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
“A Cantata of Love” is book 4 in The Code Breakers Series by Jacki Delecki. France during Napoleon’s reign is a dangerous place for Michael Harcourt, the Earl of Kendal. He is on a clandestine mission for the British crown when he is shot and wounded. Slipping into a coma and teetering on the edge of death, Michael is nursed by Lady Gabrielle De Valmont. Gabrielle is fleeing for her life from Napoleon’s men. Napoleon wants her fortune and he wants to force her to marry his brother.
Together Micha
Kristen Lewendon
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed this story. It’s not what I usually think of as romantic suspense, it feels more like romantic comedy with an air of intrigue – a comedy of errors. Also, a bit like the silent movies of old, with the dramatic overacting and telegraphing of intentions. The villains aren’t particularly stealthy but it’s still fun to cheer the “good guys” on to victory. I found Michael and Gabrielle to be sympathetic characters and I cared about what happened to them. I was invested in learning how ...more
Alice Boni
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good

I received this book free for an honest review. I enjoyed this book very much. The characters are very varied and believable...Gabby was adorable and my favorite character. It is good mystery, set during England's war with France during Napoleons attempt to rule the world but had more to do with the tangled web of spying by both sides. A lot of action,Well balanced with romance and family loyalty.
Peter
Feb 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Fairly dreadful, though I have read worse, and I did at least finish it. Alright, one and a half stars. Full of careless mistakes, for example a glass of brandy has become a glass of whiskey two sentences later, then two sentences further on it morphs back to a glass of brandy. The characters are caricatures, the plot predictable, the writing heavy and repetitive. There are frequent references to earlier books, which I found tedious. Not a good experience.
Nicole Laverdure
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun Spy Suspense!

'A Cantata of love', written by Jacki Delecki is a great spy adventure. I really enjoyed following her charming characters Michael Harcourt, the Earl of Kendal and Lady Gabrielle de Valmont. This is my first read by this author. Their adventure is filled with twists and turns, romance and espionage. A real page-turner!
DebM603
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Addicting series

Love the intrigue of the spys, the plots and adventures keep this series moving at a quick pace. I love that the characters continue through the series so we can watch them evolve even more. Strong, confident, sexy males scramble to keep up with strong intelligent women who knock their men off their feet. Absolutely addictive wonderful read!!
Sandy
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A bit of a muddle

This story promised an escape from Paris and daring espionage. In fact it appeared to be a continuation of other stories I did not read so it was difficult to figure out the characters and backstory. The main characters were flat and boring and the " plot" was nothing more than a concern that someone would hurt his darling . This one can be missed
Shawna Perez
The book was very good until all of the graphic sex was added at the end which ruined it for me.

Leave out the graphic sex and the book would be really good. I like to read Recency novels because they should be G rated
Iris Tseng
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love stories where the girl is not the usual "I'm passively waiting for my prince charming to save me". It's full of suspense and romance, and i couldn't stop reading until the very end. Definitely will read again.
Diane Jarvi
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked this book

Good characters and interesting story line. Really liked the spy and coding aspect of the story. Mystery and some suspense added to the story. May try another book from this series.
Sheila
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming

Having read the first three of this series I found this one not to be as well constructed. The heroine was charming and love scenes sensual as always but the last chapters were muddled and dragged out.
Susan H Mayfield
Cute and different. Women can be smart in this piece. Finally, we leave England if only for a moment.
Phil Ellenberger
Excellent

Enjoyable characters,funny situations,and very good plot twists mix that makes for a good read. Kudos for the mystery I did not even sure it.
Rachel
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
How have I not found this series before? I need to go and read the rest.
Annette
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A CANTATA OF LOVE : Is just okay. A decent background story, but flat characters. Michael and Gabby seemed quite dull. Too much gazing, not enough loving.
Betty
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good reading

A good list of characters and enough twist in the story to keep you reading. Spies, love and hidden motives , what more do you need.
Louise Hay
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read.
Tina
This was OK. Not awesome, but reasonably entertaining. Drove me crazy that a french girl apparently had no accent, among some other issues...but the story was unique. Won't be continuing though...
Lisa
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bur-2016
Spies, threats, jealousy, hurt feelings…

Once again Ms. Delecki brigs intrigue, assassination attempts and drama to you, wrapped up in a love story. This is the 4th book in the Code Breakers series and it continues on with favorite characters, a few surprises and the HEA. You are treated to the humor, wit and bold sassiness of brilliant female characters and the men that love them. The banter is wonderfully fast paced and the glimpses into the thoughts of the hero and heroine is charming.

Gabriel
MELODY
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the 4th in Jacki Delecki's Code Breaker series. Having not read the previous installments I would say this stands well on it's own. I think perhaps missing some of the key characters historis but I never felt left out.

The Earl of Kendal (Michael Harcourt) has escaped from France with the help of Lady Gabrielle De Valmont. Gabby's brother sent her to live in a nunnery when she caught the eye of one of Napoleon's lackies.

Upon arriving in England - Gabby and Michael are fighting their fee
Bookworm027
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I was given this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This is the fourth book in Jacki Delecki's Code Breakers series, and although I haven't read the first three, I wasn't lost in space. This book is a straightforward regency romance with a strong female lead, the man who grows to love her and the multitude of interconnected family members.

Lady Gabrielle de Valmont has been hiding in a convent in France under the protection of the nuns in order to stay out of the clu
Lokdyer
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in this series. Michael Harcourt, Earl of Kendal, a linguist and code breaker, is in France on a covert assignment for England, when he is injured trying to escape France with a young boy. That boy turns out to be Miss Gabrielle (Gabby) De Valmont, a Marquis’ daughter, also in danger from Napoleon and Fouche’s men. When Michael is shot during their escape and develops a fever, Gabby nurses him until he is able to travel back to England. Then all their plans go awry. Nothing ...more
Irene
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Cantata of Love is the 4th book in the series. It can be read as a stand alone. However I would recommend reading the others before hand. In doing so you will know the history of the other characters in this book.

There is a lot of mystery to this installment. You have Lady Gabrielle De Valmont who is on the run with Michael Harcourt, the Earl of Kendal. Their relationship isn't normal at first. Gabby as we get to know her, helps Michael flee France to England. Not knowing Gabby's true identity M
Amber
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me for free in exchange for an honest review.

Gabrielle is fleeing from danger in France with the help of Michael, the Earl of Kendal. This book starts with the Earl recovering after a gunshot wound. They are still in France at the beginning of the book, but most of the book takes place in England.

This is book 4 in the Code Breakers series. I have not read any of the other books in the series, but I liked how there was a one page synopsis of the story so far at the beginni
Other Romantic Suspense Series by Jacki Delecki 1 1 Oct 22, 2018 03:11PM
From the Author 1 1 Oct 22, 2018 02:55PM
Continued Reading 1 1 Oct 22, 2018 02:54PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jan 28, 2016 10:53AM

• Taken by Storm (Heroes of the Sea, #4)
  • Wishes in the Wind
  • A Splendid Defiance
  • The Dream Hunter
  • Rogue Countess (Rogue Countess, #1)
  • Which Witch is Which? (The Witches of Port Townsend #1)
  • Between a Rake and a Hard Place (The Royal Rakes, #3)
  • Duke Goes Rogue (Must Love Rogues, #3)
  • The Rogue's Conquest  (The Townsends, #2)
  • Mad About the Marquess (Highland Brides, #2)
  • What an Earl Wants
  • English History Made Brief, Irreverent and Pleasurable
  • Passion Favors the Bold (The Royal Rewards #2)
  • The Earl of Her Dreams
  • Shadow Dance
  • The Duelist's Seduction (Seduction #1)
  • Runaway Wallflower (Matchmaking for Wallflowers, #3)
  • A Duchess to Remember (Ministry of Marriage, #3)

Jacki Delecki is a bestselling romantic suspense author whose stories are filled with heart-pounding adventure, danger, intrigue, and romance. Her books have consistently received rave reviews, and AN INNER FIRE was chosen as an Editor's Selection by USA Today. Currently, she has three series: the contemporary romantic suspense Impossible Mission, featuring Delta Force operatives; Grayce Walters,

Code Breakers (6 books)
  • A Code Of Love (Code Breakers, #1)
  • A Christmas Code (Code Breakers #2)
  • A Code of the Heart (Code Breakers, #3)
  • A Wedding Code (Code Breakers #5)
  • A Code of Honor (Code Breakers #6)