Start by marking “Breaking the Story (Scottie's Adventures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Breaking the Story (Scottie's Adventures, #1)

Breaking the Story (Scottie's Adventures #1)

Passion, peril, and a scandal that will rock American politics.

Scottie Darden is a train wreck. Her personal life is falling apart, and her career as a photojournalist has stalled out. To attract the attention of the main players in the news industry, she needs a standout story with a unique perspective. What she finds is a scandal that could turn the 2016 presidential ele
ebook
Published March 17th 2016 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Breaking the Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking the Story

Kimberly
Jan 30, 2016 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Breaking the Story shares Scottie Darden’s story as she picks up the pieces of her life and sets to redefine her goals and boost her career. What she needs is a standout picture and story to gain notice. Instead she unknowingly gets much more than she bargained for. The tale that unfolded was suspenseful with a light romance and humor.

I struggled a little with Scottie in Merry Mary. While I understood her, she did not have enough backbone and her decisions were not the best. In Breaking the Sto
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Mar 16, 2016 Wall-to-wall books - wendy rated it it was amazing
Holy cow, this book was exciting! Just as in her book Merry Mary, this one was very easy to get into.
The story line was thrilling, really never a dull moment.

The character development was excellent. This was a book 2, using the same characters (this was written well enough that you could read this alone). I once again fell for Scottie, love her. The author takes you on a rollor coaster with her leading may Guy. You never know - is he a good "guy", bad "guy" or somewhere in between, and is he on
Martha
Mar 14, 2016 Martha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scottie is strong minded, bright and a talented photographer. She has a creative but impulsive streak that gets her into trouble. She is currently hunting for the perfect photojournalist opportunity to catapult her career.

Scottie returns home from covering the Republican Convention to find her husband in bed with another woman. The marriage was on the skids anyway and she is better off kicking the cheating, dead weight out of her life. Still, it isn’t easy to walk away from an eight-year marriag
Kristine (The Writer's Inkwell)
Posted originally on my blog:
The Writer's Inkwell

When I first read Merry Mary I struggled to understand Scottie and some of her outrageous decisions. But by the end of the book I had such high hopes for her and her future. Despite her husband having left her, her nearly going to jail for kidnapping a baby that she actually saved and finding out she was pregnant, it looked like she was on the path to making a life for herself.

Sadly, at the start of this book, you find that Scottie has basically
Melissa
Feb 26, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I was sent an e-copy of Breaking the Story by Ashley Farley from the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Well Scottie has gone and got herself into trouble yet again. Picking up several months after the novella Merry Mary left off, the photojournalist is now covering the election. It was nice to be reunited with the characters that readers were briefly introduced to before. I enjoyed getting to know more about Scottie, her brother Will and her loving parents.

This full leng
Susan (The Book Bag)
I first learned about Scottie Darden in Ashley's novella, Merry Mary. I loved that story and I love the character of Scottie. She is one tough woman, an investigative journalist who is not afraid of taking risks. I knew I wanted to read more about her and her adventures.

Breaking the Story is a wonderful, page turning, on the edge of my seat type of story that I couldn't put down. Scottie, being the photojournalist she is, just needs to take that one perfect photo to skyrocket her career. But she
Margaret Tidwell
Mar 28, 2016 Margaret Tidwell rated it it was amazing
FTC: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.  I received no other compensation and the opinions expressed in this review are 100% mine.

Breaking The Story by Ashley Farley was an excellent book.  I reviewed the first book, and if you missed that review, you could click here to read it and find out more about it.  You don't have to read the first book if you don't want to understand this book, but if you want to read them both, I would suggest reading them in order.
Jessica
Mar 31, 2016 Jessica rated it really liked it
In an Oyster Shell - A quality read that you come to expect from Ashley Farley.

The Pearls - I was really excited to read this book after reading Merry Mary this past Christmas. I loved how the main character Scottie stayed consistent with what was established in the novella. I like the premise of taking elements of the novella and turning it into a novel. I thought the author wrapped up things from the novella making for a great execution in this novel.
I really liked the character's in this book
Alison
Mar 02, 2016 Alison rated it it was amazing
This book couldn’t be more timely with the setting of the Presidential conventions as the backdrop. I could only wish that Farley’s plot was the only political intrigue that our country was facing. Breaking the Story keeps up the pace with surprising plot twists that are realistic and suspenseful. Throw in a little romance between two likable characters, and this story will appeal to many. Reminds me of a David Baldacci thriller but with a woman’s touch. You won’t want to put this page-turner do ...more
Margaret Espada, Program Director, Wilkes Universi
Couldn't put it down!

This book has a bit of everything...suspense, drama, romance. I also loved that it seemed to be covering present time in the places and events surrounding the setting, but the characters were changed (to protect the innocent or guilty, I guess). It is a fast read. I read the first book Merry Mary, but there is no need to read that in order to enjoy this one. It just provides a bit of back story.
Susan Brummett
May 14, 2016 Susan Brummett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable book

I started reading this book after reading about it online. It involved my two of my favorite subjects: journalism and politics. I highly recommend this book. I haven't read the first book about Scottie yet, but I am hoping that there will be a third book.
Joe Park
Mar 21, 2016 Joe Park rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read.

Loved the whole story. Lots of are adventurous and finding love are always good. You made the characters real and the ending not a sure thing.
Cheryl Fockler
Cheryl Fockler rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
Ally
Ally rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2016
Lorrie Sinclair
Lorrie Sinclair rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Mary Cameron
Mary Cameron rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2017
Martha Berens
Martha Berens rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Teresa Lynch
Teresa Lynch rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2017
Patricia K. Fleming
Patricia K. Fleming rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2016
marilynn nulton
marilynn nulton rated it it was ok
May 23, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Judy G Spivey
Judy G Spivey rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2017
Gail
Gail rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Jennifer Ball
Jennifer Ball rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
TarHeelGirl00
TarHeelGirl00 rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Jenny Heydon
Jenny Heydon rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2016
Tamara Azcarate
Tamara Azcarate rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Sally Prickett
Sally Prickett rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2017
DEAN MUNGER
DEAN MUNGER rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2016
  • The Wendigo Witchling (The Skinwalkers' Witchling #2)
  • Lonely is the Knight (Merriweather Sisters Time Travel #3)
  • Spring in Snow Valley (Snow Valley Anthology)
  • See You Soon Broadway (Broadway, #1)
  • Summoner Rising (Laws of Summoning #1)
  • Change of Heart (Lobster Cove, #1)
  • Scavenger of Souls
  • Revolution
  • AQUA (The Arydian Chronicles Book 1)
  • Not Always Happenstance (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • An Informal Introduction (Informal Romance, #3)
  • Painting Rain
  • Candlelight Kisses (Almost an Angel #1)
  • His Personal Relationship Manager (Dating by Design, #1)
  • Molly's Misadventures
  • Edge
  • Competing with the Star
  • 31 Ghost Novels to Read Before You Die

Ashley Farley writes books about women for women. Her characters are mothers, daughters, sisters, and wives facing real-life issues. Her goal is to keep you turning the pages until the wee hours of the morning. If her story stays with you long after you've read the last word, then she's done her job.

After her brother died in 1999 of an accidental overdose, she turned to writing as a way of re
More about Ashley Farley...

Scottie's Adventures (2 books)
  • Merry Mary