Start by marking “Breaking the Story (Scottie's Adventures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Breaking the Story (Scottie's Adventures, #1)

Breaking the Story

(Scottie's Adventures #2)

Passion, peril, and a scandal that will rock American politics.

Scottie Darden is a train wreck. Her personal life is falling apart, and her career as a photojournalist has stalled out. To attract the attention of the main players in the news industry, she needs a standout story with a unique perspective. What she finds is a scandal that could turn the 2016 presidential ele
ebook
Published March 17th 2016 by Smashwords Edition

☕️Kimberly
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Breaking the Story shares Scottie Darden’s story as she picks up the pieces of her life and sets to redefine her goals and boost her career. What she needs is a standout picture and story to gain notice. Instead she unknowingly gets much more than she bargained for. The tale that unfolded was suspenseful with a light romance and humor.

I struggled a little with Scottie in Merry Mary. While I understood her, she did not have enough backbone and her decisions were not the best. In Breaking the Sto
Joseph R Westover
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good author

Think I've found a new author! Read the Sweeney Sisters series and really enjoyed each of them. Had the flu so I read all while I
Was under the weather.
Sherry Bledsoe
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

I liked the book. I liked the characters. I think Ashley Farley is a decent writer and I've enjoyed this book enough to finish it. My only problem with her books is that they tend to be open ended. To fast a cleanup up and finish at the end. That costs a star in the ratings for me.
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
A follow up to the novella I reviewed yesterday. I was worried after not enjoying the novella that I wouldn't love this one much either, I am glad to say that is not the case. To spoil a little, a lot of what I didn't love about the first book was the husband and everything about him, I was so so thankful that her husband is gone REAL quick and the book continues beyond that.

I loved Scottie Darden so much more in this book when she is off on an adventure that seems a little more plausible and is
Anne
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In the second installment of Scottie's Adventures, Scottie Darden finds her husband in bed with another woman and kicks him out. She has just returned from covering the 2016 Republican Convention before the next big event - the Democratic Convention. In her quest for the photograph that will jumpstart her career, she captures an image that could derail the Democratic nominee, ruin multiple political careers, and thrust Scottie into the national limelight or into perilous situations. There are se ...more
Jeanne Maliner
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This follows the book Merry Mary from Ashley Farley. It is a well written sequel and delves into more of Scottie's life and misadventures. There is romance and mystery intertwined with danger and a political election year with a chance to upset the Democratic candidate. It really is two weeks in the life of a photojournalist full of twists and turns. Good guys and bad guys abound. All in all, it is another interestingly different plot written by a great storyteller.
wanda webb
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow The fast lane of the Washington political arena.

If you are going to only read one book before the end of the year, make sure it is this one. Ashley really out did herself with this one. She did a good job mixing all the different aspects of the story. She kept the story moving right along. Another book you couldn't put down.You had to see what was happening on the next washing's
linda lucas
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book. Just like all Ashley's books

I start to read her book and like the rest of her books I'm obsessed with being unable to put them down! And when I finish one I find myself thinking about the story for days after! Ms Farley has the ability to submerge the reader into the story. Kudos to you Ashley Farley. Keep them coming!
susan dennihan
Again ,excellent read! Really enjoyed it ! I do recommend this fun book,! Very quick book ! My rating is 8 out of 10 , I love all the characters

I really enjoyed this book and I recommend it ,was a Fun and Fast read ! My rating is 8 out of 10. I love all the characters ,so enjoyed all of them
Patricia Stubbs
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tantalizing love story entwined with excitement! Cannot wait for a Book #3!

Love Ashley Farley's writing!
She writes with a good knowledge of varied professions; and just enough mystique to make for great reading. Very hard to put book down!

PEGGIE BAKER
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

Just finished another book by Ashley Farley. Although this one was not my favorite of her books, it was still an enjoyable story . She has become one of my favorite writers and I read a lot.
Lorraine
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the characters and storyline

I couldn't stop reading this extraordinary noel. The story kept your attention always. I hope the author will write a sequel soon. Enjoyed for sure!
Ppianogirl1963gmail.Com
I'm hooked

I absolutely love every book I've read by Ashley Farley. I'm hooked from the first page. She always mixes in some drama and intrigue with the stories of love, romance and family.
Brenda
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I read Merry Mary, a short Christmas story and then realized that there was a 2nd book so of course I had to read it right away :) I enjoyed this story which has a good balance romance and adventure with a pinch of suspense! Looking forward to more Scottie adventures!
Whitney Strobel
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love again

I give Ashley's book another 5 stars. You won't regret reading any of her books. I get lost in them and lose motivation for anything else. I wish these stories would just continue, never end..
Santina Young
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic Adventure

The author writes books to women about women. This particular one had sex, adventure, and thrills. I enjoyed each of the characters a few of which I had read about in ",Merry Mary". So enjoy the ride!

Kathy Downey
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Oh Scottie finds herself in a predicament after predicament as a photojournalist. She lost love, and found love, and had her trust challenged. She strived for honesty not just a story. As she came close to death, her strength to survive took her even closer to death. Love this author!
Odalis L.
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss adventure

I read this book by accident and fell in love. I couldn't wait to have a chance to read it throughout the day. Fun book to read. It has romance, adventure and very real characters.
Melissa
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!

I enjoyed this one more then the first one! Fingers are crossed that a third one comes out! I would love for Scottie’s brother to have a book!
Anne Heyob
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as her other books.

I do not like scottie being so dumb in her choices
Bad version of a woman
Did not like will not get any other books about her.
William Reynolds
Must read

Great book ...Ashley Farley is a great writer telling her stories keep you guessing what is going to happen next
Thomas Havens
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breaking the story

This book has an easy to follow plot and interesting characters. I recommend this book to all lovers of contemporary, romance novels.
Katrena
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yay Scottie!

I absolutely love Scottie and her adventures. I hope this character is going to make a comeback in a future novel because she is awesome!
Tasi Mackie
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed!!!!

Enjoyed Scottie’s Adventure book 2 so much more than the first. I could see an adventurist book 3 Scottie, Guy and her family are fun fascinating characters
Alli Crumley
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good quick read

Intriguing story that keeps moving. In fact I was surprised it was over when it ended! Looking forward to more adventures with Scottie.
MaryAnn Quellos
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book

I loved the story line it is amazing. How she pulled thru the danger and finding love after all that happened to her.
Loretta K. Forman
Good story

Good story for Christmas miracles. I’d like to read more about Scottie and her career. Recommend to someone that wants a quick, sweet story.
Jennifer Summers
Edge of your seat good.

Enjoyed reading about Scottie and her adventures. If you like exciting fiction, drama, you'll love this book. Thanks for sharing your imagination with us.
Marlene Waldner
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A real page turner

Scottie's adventures continue after "Merry Mary"
pulling you into the story with its intriguing plot. Jump in and enjoy the ride!
Nancy Martinez
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I was glued to this book from the very 1st page. I was worried that Scottie may end up getting hurt and Guy to turn out being a bad guy but as always well written.

• The Dove
  • Lonely is the Knight (Merriweather Sisters #3; Knights Through Time Travel #3)
  • Fezariu's Epiphany (The Elencheran Chronicles #1)
  • Scarlett's
  • Darkroom (Xandra Carrick #1)
  • Eyeleash: A Blog Novel
  • Familiar Ties
  • The Pitcher
  • The Eyes of a Stranger (Nan's Heritage #4)
  • The Americans 1 (Kent Family Chronicles, #8)
  • When Dreams Come True
  • Winged Creatures
  • The Secrets We Kept
  • A Deceit to Die For
  • Summoner Rising (Laws of Summoning, #1)
  • The Appomattox Saga Collection (Appomattox Saga #1-3 )
  • The Massive Kiss
  • Through the Fury to the Dawn

Ashley Farley writes books about women for women. Her characters are mothers, daughters, sisters, and wives facing real-life issues. Her goal is to keep you turning the pages until the wee hours of the morning. If her story stays with you long after you've read the last word, then she's done her job.

After her brother died in 1999 of an accidental overdose, she turned to writing as a way of re

Scottie's Adventures (2 books)
  • Merry Mary