Start by marking “A Falling Friend” as Want to Read:
A Falling Friend

A Falling Friend

Coming spring 2016: A Falling Friend by Sue Featherstone and Susan Pape, a tale of two friends - one who always seems to make the wrong choices, and the other who's always there to catch her.
After spending her twenties sailing the globe, making love on fine white sand, and thinking only of today, Teri Meyer returns to Yorkshire, England, —and to studying. That's when she d
ebook
Published April 25th 2016 by Lakewater Press

To ask other readers questions about A Falling Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Falling Friend

Kate Foster
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As Sue and Susan's acquisition editor, obviously I love this book. It's addictive, brilliant, clever and so real. With touches of every emotion and plenty of much-needed injections of classic British humour, it has everything. I felt as if the two main characters were my friends. I loved and hated Teri; I got so annoyed but also sympathised with Lee. That's what makes this book so special; it's perfectly accurate and a masterpiece in characterisation. I highly recommend this to any lovers of con ...more
Sarah Major
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Grass monster
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The Blurb :
After spending her twenties sailing the globe, making love on fine white sand, and thinking only of today, Teri Meyer returns to Yorkshire – and back into the life of childhood friend Lee. Plus, there’s the new job, new man – or three – and the guaranteed lump sum of a bursary for her academic research piece on the way. Life is first-rate.
What could possibly go wrong?
Going out on a limb to get best friend Teri a job at the same university seemed like a great idea. But it doesn’t tak
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
A Falling Friend is a story told in alternating chapters between two friends, Teri and Lee.

Teri and Lee are quite opposite in personalties. Teri is definitely the more selfish one and I think she forgets that everything doesn’t revolve around her. She expects everyone to drop everything at the drop of a hat for her and overall expects a lot more than she really should.

Though both women have their issues, especially in the love department, I did at times wish I could bang their heads together. Th
R.L. Martinez
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
And people say MY book ended on a cliff-hanger. I've got nothing on A Falling Friend's ending. So, I'm assuming there will be a sequel. At least, I hope there is because the story is utterly incomplete!

I adored Lee, despite her horrible taste in friends and woeful habit of putting up with the worst behavior from said friends. She is a sweet, natural character. Not perfect, but real. Someone you'd want to have coffee (or a weak Earl Grey tea) with.

Now Teri. Oh, Teri, Teri, Teri. Well, she's a h
Louise Stewart
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Fantastic debut novel. Characterisation fantastic I feel like I deeply know these girls. Loved the authenticity of the setting. Lovesick anxiety portrayed really well, loved the girls despite their flaws, can't wait for the next one!
Yvonne
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: give-away, chick-lit
I was lucky enough to win this e-book on a giveaway run by Lakewater Press. Here is my honest review.

This is about two friends Teri and Lee, they are lecturers in a Yorkshire University. The story alternates chapter by chapter between the two women. One is described as slim and good-looking, the other a bedraggled charity shop user. They have been friends for many years. The story begins with them at an event run at the university. As the story develops we get a glimpse into each of their worlds
Liz Power
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this tale of female friendship between two colleagues, Lee and Teri, with all its ups and downs; largely Teri’s ‘downs’, but with the endlessly patient Lee there to pick her up.
A debut novel for these two writers, it was witty and pacey and full of well- drawn characters. The authors clearly write with experience of the environments in which they set the story: the media, and higher education, and this is an interesting backdrop to the tale.
I thought ‘A Falling Friend’ cleverly writt
Alex Jo
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
I want to start by saying that in this book this is abortion, eating disorders and alcoholism. It has a lot of dry honor which I appreciated, this book reminded me of Sophie Kinsella’s writing. Best friends that are super jealous of each other. To honest I wish that some topics mentioned in here weren’t taken so lightly. My rating for this book is a 3 out 5 stars. I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest, voluntarily review.
Love
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
People tell stories. We always have and always will. It is as natural as breathing. In ‘A Fallen Friend’ Featherstone and Pape tackle an interesting question about the way we tell the stories of our lives. Don’t worry, they haven’t produced a how-to guide for writing your autobiography although I’m sure someone, somewhere will have done if you need a little shove in that direction. Rather they have taken a look at the way we sanitise and interpret events; the way we weave together a narrative, f ...more
Majanka
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

In A Falling Friend, Teri Meyer returns to Yorkshire after spending several years sailing the globe, thinking only of “carpe diem”. Now she’s gone back to studying, and her friend Lee Harper has set her up with a job at the university where she teaches. But Lee fears that Teri’s actions will lead to some dire consequences, but since Teri isn’t the type of person who would heed a warning, Lee can only stand by and watc
Leslynn
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
-- Free copy courtesy of NetGalley --

For the first 16% the synopsis reads better than the story...... and I almost stopped reading this book! Luckily, I persevered and I was pleasantly surprised.

The storyline is realistic, although too girly and romantic for me, and deep dives into a friendship which is narrated from both perspectives.

I love the ending, and recommend this for ladies who've struggled with same-sex friendships. I also would recommend it for men who would like a better understandi
Rachel
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I must admit, when I got a review copy I wasn't overly impressed with the cover, and it took me a while to get into at first, but I did finish the book, and I am glad I did. It was an enjoyable tale of two friends, and the characterisations were complex enough to keep you reading. Will there be a sequel? I hope so!
Ellen
Mar 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Teri and Lee are long time friends, teaching at a small University in England. Teri is almost a caricature of the selfish, lazy, mean friend while Lee is the thoughtful, sweet one. Teri's escapades cause issues for Lee, and their friendship is threatened by a series of Teri's missteps. Fun for true Anglophiles.
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Great Fun Book about two friends going through some times in their lives where they need to make tough decisions. Told in different view points kept me reading. I really enjoyed reading this book since it kept my attention the whole time and I can't wait to read more of their books. I was given a copy through Lakewater Press to read and review if I chose to do so. I was not compensated in any way for this review.
Joan
Dec 10, 2018 added it
There was a LOT i liked about this book - the two totally different women, the relationships, the 'reality' of it all but..... sigh...

then I got to the end and read this...

===== . 'to be continued' ======

bummer.

Not rating.
Nati
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Teri and Lee has been friends for a long time, despite the fact that they are opposite. Teri is always up to trouble and Lee is always helping her out. Can her friendship survive through time even with work, men, money and family mixed in between?
Jodi Gallegos
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of these friends is definitely "falling". I knew it going in. For a while I was certain she deserved it, but I couldn't turn away. By the time the fall was happening, I actually felt really bad for her. And now I must wait for book 2...and I will be waiting.
Bella
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful, touching, humorous and well-written story. I look forward to seeing what else this talented new author will deliver.
Hannah Leslie
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Falling Friend by Sue Featherstone and Susan Pape has got to be in my top five best books I have read this year.
From the first page to the last, I loved it!
The two characters, Terri and Lee are believable the story amazing and the ending? Well let’s not even go there! All I can say is I am eagerly awaiting the sequel – which I am told is in the making.
The story is told through two best friends, Terri and Lee and you follow them through their trials and tribulations.
Terri and Lee have been frie
John Williamson
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I started reading “A Falling Friend” many weeks ago but had to stop because of a number of other pressing matters which had to be tended to. Normally in such a case I would likely not return to the abandoned book…but this one was different. This one I returned to. I remembered that reading “A Falling Friend” was like panning for gold: on every page or sometimes more than once per page I would come across some very funny turn of phrase or quip or verbal usage – hilarious in many instances. Becaus
Whispering Stories
Apr 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Teri and Lee have been friends for many years. After Teri returns home from her globe trotting, Lee helps in securing Teri a job at the university where she teaches. Teri has always been particularly self absorbed, and Lee realises that even with time away Teri hasn’t changed one bit, and realisation dawns that things are not going to go well for her friend.

This is a story of everyday life between two friends, the loyal and helpful Lee and the selfish Teri. What brings this story to life is the
James Weaver
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced reader copy of A Falling Friend, despite the fact I was warned it "might not be my cup of tea". I have to admit that for the first third of the book, I struggled a bit with the language (slang) and references, but there was something about the characters Lee and Teri that kept me going. For me, the story started to pick up and I crushed the last half of the book flying to and from Las Vegas.

Even from a guy's point of view, we all know a down to Earth Lee and we all know a
Zarco Dragonetti
Aug 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a nice enough book. I must admit that I nearly gave up early on when I found myself bombarded with information about the inner workings of a university admin office. I was glad I persevered however, as the story was amusing and the two lead characters were well put together, with sufficient depth that you felt like you really knew them by the end. Teri, as many other reviewers have pointed out, is a nightmare, and not the kind of person you'd want as a friend! However, her character mad ...more
Angela Holtz
Feb 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Kathleen Gray
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
There's two sides to every story and in this case, Teri and Lee each have an opinion! This is well written, entertaining, and often worthy of a chuckle. The alternating points of view make it easier to see the shades of gray and remind you how easy it is to judge. Thanks to netgalley for the ARC- you will like this if you are looking for a conversation between two friends.
Alex
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not my normal thing but a fast easy poolside read :-)
E.L. Wicker
May 03, 2016
Katie Banoub
Sep 13, 2018
Oct 11, 2017
  • Are You There Krishna? It’s Me, Reshma. Or Rachel. Or Whatever.
  • Lover, Divine (Mythos: Gods & Lovers #1)
  • Murder in the Generative Kitchen
  • Bird of Prey (Sémya Slotin Mystery, #1)
  • On the Run (Big Mike and Minnie #1)
  • The Color of Clouds
  • The One You Feed (Shadow Tales #1)
  • The Starlight Club
  • Kristin's Ghost (X + Y Files Case #2)
  • Amelia, the Venutons and the Golden Cage (Amelia's Amazing Space Adventures #2).
  • Forecast
  • Reawakening (The Passage of Hellsfire, Book 3)
  • Sweet Dreams (Dreams Come True, #2)
  • One Last Hold
  • To Dance One More Day
  • Spelled (Sayers Witch Series, #1)
  • Cross Roads
  • The Thunderstone (The Houses of Storem, #1)