Start by marking “Adorkable” as Want to Read:
Adorkable

Adorkable

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  6,611 Ratings  ·  842 Reviews
Adorkable (ah-dor-kuh-bul): Descriptive term meaning to be equal parts dorky and adorable. For reference, see Sally Spitz.

Seventeen-year-old Sally Spitz is done with dating. Or at least, she's done with the horrible blind dates/hookups/sneak attacks her matchmaking bestie, Hooker, sets her up on. There's only so much one geek girl and Gryffindor supporter can take.

Her solu
Published March 31st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Adorkable, please sign up.
Nothesc Hey! I don't think there's a sequel but about the book recommendations you were asking for: "Better-off friends" by Elizabeth Eulberg is a book about…moreHey! I don't think there's a sequel but about the book recommendations you were asking for: "Better-off friends" by Elizabeth Eulberg is a book about best friends who fall in love. Also of course "Eleanor &Park" by Rainbow Rowell. There's also "She's one of the boys" by E.M. Molleja in this book the girl falls in love with her two best friends and she has to choose between them.
And if you like the "fake relationship" books you should read "For Real" by Chelsea M Cameron and the "Fill-in boyfriend" by Kasie West
I hope you like them! I love these kind of books too and I'm always looking for more :)(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
BookishSerendipity03 I don't think so. I think they'll come to the understanding that it was real for both of them anyways and that their family will be aghast and angry…moreI don't think so. I think they'll come to the understanding that it was real for both of them anyways and that their family will be aghast and angry if they told.(less)
Fangirl by Rainbow RowellEleanor & Park by Rainbow RowellHow to Date a Nerd by Cassie MaeThe Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly OramThe Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
YA Nerd/Geek Books
180 books — 321 voters
YA Novels of 2016
1,234 books — 9,564 voters

More lists with this book...

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
“But why? I don’t get it.”
“You don’t have to.”
“But Becks,” she whined, “I don’t understand. Why her?”
“Nothing to understand really,” he said, smiling down at me. “Sal’s my girl. Always has been.”

Adorkable is one of those books that just LOOKS like it’s going to be, well, adorable. Yet, every time I saw it and what people were saying about it, I thought it was going to be cheesy as hell. So, for as long as this has been out, I have passed it up and never marked it on my TBR. Stupid, really
Jill
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it

"She is my friend.
Her name is Sal.
I hope one day she'll be my gal."

- Becks, aged 7

Sally Spitz is in love with her best friend, Becks. Tired of having her other friend, Hooker and her mother trying to arrange dates for her, Sal decides she needs a FBF....a fake boyfriend. And who better to play her FBF than her BFF, Becks?

Sure, there are some cons to this story, particularly in regards to Sal's friend, Hooker and her mother who are both annoying! And, for crying out loud, Sal's only 17, so
ambsreads
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
For half an hour I've been attempting to write a full review for Adorkable, which is usually how long it takes me to write a review. Due to this, I have forfieted any formating ideas and am just going to babble, so, this is a forewarning.

Adorkable has to be one of the cutest books I've read of 2016. I got some crazy Kasie West vibes throughout the story, but what more can you expect from an author named Cookie? The book was an adorable contemporary that is all about childhood best friend's bein
Chelsey the crazy cat lady
This book is going into my favourite shelf. This book is exactly how I wanted to meet my husband, be best friends first then blossom into more.... it hasn't happened. I really felt Sal's heart ache but just wanted her to tell Becks how she felt. It all worked out in the end and loved how he proved to Sal that he really did love her. People need to read this book
A_Ryan
5+++++++ TOTALLY AWESOME HUCKLEBERRY STARS!!!!!!!!

ADORABLE. FUNNY. SWEET. ROMANTIC. PAGE-TURNING. FANTASTIC. LOVED EVERY MINUTE.

ONE OF THE VERY BEST NA ROMANCE I'VE READ THIS YEAR!

To be honest, there is a plethora of 5 star reviews about this sweet little gem about two best friends who fall in love. And I agree with all of them so I won't repeat anything here.

Suffice it to say, I LOOOVED ADORKABLE.

6 Blew me away stars!!!
Tweebs♥️ (hiatus)

Let's start by stating the obvious fact that I READ THIS BOOK SO FREAKING QUICK AND I FREAKING REGRET IT. I have no one to blame, but myself so, shame on me. Lately, I've been reading books that are focused on heavy plots that involve a lot of thinking so, I was like " I NEED SOME LIGHT-READS NOW!!" and DING DING DING! I found this book.

Adorkable, is told by Sally Spitz (Yeah, you'll get used to it) who is our main female character. Her friend, Lillian Hooker, is a matchmaker in the process w
Viri
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Demasiado. Me gustó demasiado.

Una historia dulce, un poco geek y totalmente divertida que te hace pasar un rato muy agradable leyéndola. De las que se disfrutan aunque estén llenas de clichés y ya sepas lo que va a pasar. Y es que era obvio que me iba a gustar el libro porque veamos.

Amigos que se enamoran
Romance falso
Protagonista deportista (futbolista... estos me vuelven loquita)
=
4 SÚPER ESTRELLAS.

No voy a decir que es un libro lleno de dramas y emociones. No. Este es un libro SIMPLE. Cero hi
Glire
Inocente, divertida y geeky. Una de esas historias rosas donde sabes todo lo que va a pasar y aún así logra dejarte con una sonrisa tonta en los labios.

Puntos extras por las referencias a Harry Potter, LotR, Star Wars y Dirty Dancing, Miss Cookie.

description
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***4.5/5 Stars***

Adorkable was filled with laughter, butterfly and smile inducing moments, and I couldn't get enough of it! The characters quickly found a place in my heart, and the story-line was so cute! It involved the fake boyfriend trope, and it was done in a way that made it feel fresh and fun. So this addicting book easily made its way onto my favorites shelf!
I was so tired of surprises. If I had to meet one more blind date, I would literally go insane.

Just a heads up, nicknames can ru
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
3 Adorkable Stars

I picked up this book because it seemed like a sweet YA read and that’s what I got. I really liked the premise and I love the sweet innocent high school setting.

Sally is a single girl and she has been this way her whole life. Her best friend and mom thinks it’s time for Sally to not be single anymore so they set her up with lots of random dates.

I thought Sally to be a sweet, charming and a very nerdy girl. She makes a lot of Harry Potter and Star Wars references and she even dre
Scrill
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
“He was my Huckleberry, my Han Solo, my one, but most of all he was my Becks and I was his Sal.”

Sally Spitz hasn’t ever had a boyfriend, and her good friend Hooker is bent on playing matchmaker by setting her up repeatedly on blind dates – that go pretty bad. In an attempt to dodge more awkward moments with boys she’s not into Sal adopts the plan to use a fake boyfriend as her get-out-of-blind-date card. Fortunately, her best friend Becks would do anything for her. Unfortunately, she has been
may ❀

You know the feeling when you’ve had enough of heartbreaking dystopian/fantasy books and you seriously just need a cute contemporary to serve as the perfect pick-me-up, well that is this book.

Adorkable is about Sally Sue Spitz and her eternal struggle of warding off blind-dates (set up from her lovely-but-kinda-annoying besties, Lilian). Lillian believes she is destined to be a matchmaker and Sally’s mom is a wedding planner, so things are not looking bright for Sally. The problem isn’t just
Didi
Really cute friends to lovers! YA friends to lovers always comes off sweeter than adult ones...maybe the innocence and naïveté of the world is still there? The only issues I had was with how Sal and Becks kept their feelings from each other, and Sal's bestie. I related with Sal because I went through the same thing in high school...the difference being, my friend knew, he totally knew. You can't hide strong feelings like that for long.
So my issue is, 'how did you guys manage to stay so oblivious
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Apr 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
EPIC FAIL TOTAL.

I mean friends to lovers y "fingir que somos parejas" son de mis tropes favoritas del género, ¡referencias a Harry Potter!, ¿que podría haber salido mal?, EVERYTHING.

Me bancaba CUALQUIER excusa para justificar el que finge estar de novia con su BFF, CUALQUIERA, incluso si era para poner celoso a otro chicos pero que todo ese espectáculo sea para que LA GENTE NO PIENSE QUE ES LESBIANA, COMO SI FUERA LO PEOR QUE TE PODRÍA PASAR, ES BAJO, BAJISIMO. Por que ni siquiera podes decir q
Mairenn
True to it's title, this book is the dorkiest and most adorable cliche of all cliches. PERFECT. And since I love good cliche contemporaries, it's no wonder this book was shelved to my All-Time-Favorites.

It's your typical bestfriends-turned-lovers story and it's quite predictable too! As I said very cliche but it's one of those feel-good books that will leave you smiling after you've reached the last page. Heck! I became a giggling mush all throughout my read! IT WAS THAT ADORABLE! If this is a m
Lili  Marcus
I am your Huckleberry.

Woah....That is so sweet. What fun, fluffy, snuggle-worthy read. :) I love Sally and Becks so much, though at first, i wanted to smack Becks for being too slow. because it's very obvious he's in love with Sally, why not just man up, y'know?

Anyway, I love him still...
Also I kinda hated Hooker, she's being too much. Like really too much. And personally, my favorite is Ash, he made the story more alive, funnier and better. I would want him a story of his own.
Rose
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
my heart is melting

i repeat my heart is melting

ohmyogdhavhj it has been WAY too long since a book has made me feel like i have butterflies in my stomach. I mean, seriously, this book was absolutely adorable. I did expect cute, but I was not expecting that tension between Becks and Sal??? Plus so much kissing and holding each other and jdndbdk im a mess a mess.

anyway full review is coming~
Michelle_Mck
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure how I discovered Adorkable, I am guessing that it came up as a "you added this to your shelf you might like this" or something like that. I found it on special in the Kindle store so I popped it into my cart.. Can I just say, the $1.99 specials can end up being an expensive little look in the store when you buy 20.. But I digress.

Our main character and narrator is 17 year old Sally Spitz, she is a spunky, alternative pop culture kind of girl. She loves Harry Potter and other wizardy
Fanny
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it

Adorkable es una novela escrita por Cookie OGorman y narra la historia de Becks y Sally, ademas de ser mi primera experiencia con el trabajo de la autora.

Lo primero que me llamo la atencion al conocer el libro fue la portada ( obvio ), no se porque pero tengo debilidad por las portadas con parejas en ella y esta en concreto tiene un no se que que me enamoro a primera vista.

Ya cuando lei la sinopsis lo tuve claro, era la historia que estaba buscando desde hacia un tiempo, es cierto que suelo le
Grecia Robles
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 STARS

Este libro hace tiempo lo quería leer y que cuando leí la sinopsis y vi un romance entre "mejores amigos" si ya sé lo que están pensando no se puede resistir, pero esperen añádanle a la ecuación "novio falso" pues ahí me tienen caí, me atrajo como la miel a las abejas.

Es un libro ligero, divertido, refrescante, sin complicaciones; cumple su función entretener porque desde que lo leí no pude dejar de leer. Si, está libre de drama y ese pasado oscuro de los protas o problemas profundos c
Pime
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it
3 ADORABLES ESTRELLAS!!

Es una lectura que me duro una sentada,porque es corta y adictiva!! Pase un muy buen rato con este libro. No es nada GUAAU ni espectacular, pero estaba necesitando sumergirme en historias así!!
Súper recomendable!!
Melissa Robles
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH. Typical pretend-dating book, but how it's executed and the character's personalities, it's whar really makes it stand out. SO ADORKABLE. I WANT MY OWN BECKS, PLEASE! ❤❤❤❤
Yoda
This is a really adorable, easy novel. Perfect for summer and when youre tired of reading. ...more
bookaholic_kim
First and foremost, let me express how I really like this book’s title. “Adorkable” it is very cute and captivating isn’t it? So yeah, the title got me to read this.

I posted a review here in goodreads when I saw this book on the “Readers also Enjoyed” section of goodreads. I am glad I checked it because if not? Then I won’t be able to know that this adorable book exists.

The characters in this book are lovable. I swear! We have Sally Spitz, a senior student who never had a boyfriend and it worrie
Ninjaflower
Since I finished this stupid ass book at 5am and spent my day tired and annoyed I decided this deserves a proper review.

This is a cliché story about a dorky nerd called Sally (She's actually really pretty but sssssh) and her best friend Baldwin Eugene Charles Kent, otherwise known as Becks. Becks is a popular soccer player of their high school with plenty of girls at his side (view spoiler)

Tired of her mother and girl best friend Lil
Brittany
May 16, 2016 rated it liked it
This was such a cute, nerdy read. I loved all the fandom references and Sally's quirky personality. There were some typos and errors that annoyed me, but overall an entertaining read.
Rê
4.5 “Fantastic BFF to Lovers” STARS

ADORKABLE is adorable (cheesy, I know), but I’m writing this review the morning after staying up until 1 a.m. because I could not, simply COULD NOT stop reading. Yep, I devoured all the pretty words and I did it with a smile. A big smile. Trust me, this book is that good.

You know how sometimes you just read one paragraph and you know you’ll fall hard for the rest of the story? That’s what happened here. Cookie O'Gorman’s (love the name, BTW) writing was addicti
Liz
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance, ya
Adorkable is a story of boyfriendless geeky Sally Spitz. Her mother and best friend Lillian Hooker set Sally up on dates because she’s a senior and is still single. Gasps and horrified faces all around! In wedding-planner-Mom’s and matchmaker-Hooker’s books not having a BF is like sacrilege or something. I get it, it can seem like a matter of life and death to have someone to hold hands with because being single is so bloody weird and single people are weird and there has to be something wrong w ...more
Vanessa
Oct 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars // warning: lots of sarcasm and annoyed-me in this review

I picked Adorkable up because I enjoy the fake boyfriend trope quite a lot: it's somehow cute and so full of angst ??? I love it. It can be a bit of a cliché but, if well played, it can be entertaining to read. For example, I loved how it played out in To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. So, I was expecting the fluffiness and the angst but they didn't come and you can understand my delusion.
Sally is the main character
Crina (Reading Addict)
If you just take a second and think this book is not original, because this idea has been written and used ten thousands times already. But what makes this book original are the writing style, the characters and how the plot remains kind of realistic and credible even though all those cliches are floating around.

After I finished the novel I felt very happy and fuzzy inside, because it's so full of cute moments, funny moments, moments that make you breathe harder or faster, because there are a lo
  • The Trouble With Dating Sue (Grover Beach Team, #6)
  • Lunatic Detective (Lunatic Life, #2)
  • Accidental Billionaire (Accidental #5)
  • Abby and the Cute One (Backstage Pass, #5)
  • Demon Down (Xoe Meyers, #4)
  • DEFCON Darcy (The Darcy Walker Series #4)
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • I'll Be Yours
  • Confessions of a Teenage Band Geek
  • Loyalty (Mark of Nexus, #4)
  • Anya and the Shy Guy (Backstage Pass #4)
  • Playing the Player
  • Bad Yeti (Kate Grable, #1.5)
  • Just a Little Sequel (Just a Little, #9)
  • The Distance from A to Z
  • Blackmail Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
  • Stirring Up Trouble (Stirring Up Trouble, #1)
  • I Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #35)
Cookie O'Gorman writes YA romance to give readers a taste of happily-ever-after. Small towns, quirky characters, and the awkward yet beautiful moments in life make up her books. Cookie also has a soft spot for nerds and ninjas. Her novels ADORKABLE and NINJA GIRL are out now! Her third book, THE UNBELIEVABLE, INCONCEIVABLE, UNFORESEEABLE TRUTH ABOUT ETHAN WILDER, will be released April 5, 2018!
More about Cookie O'Gorman

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“There’s only one thing I know— have always known— that I wanted out of life. And it’s you.” 15 likes
“He was my Huckleberry, my Han Solo, my one, but most of all he was my Becks and I was his Sal. That was the truth. It” 11 likes