Start by marking “Everyday Witch A to Z: An Amusing, Inspiring & Informative Guide to the Wonderful World of Witchcraft” as Want to Read:

Break out your broomstick, and add a spark of magick to every day! Do stuffy academic tomes on Witchcraft make you want to hide in your broom closet or cast a boredom-banishing spell? Now you can get the low-down on everything you ever wondered about Witchcraft, and it's as simple as A, B, C--sprinkled throughout with humor, flair, and a healthy dose of Witchy wisdom.

Uniqu
Published October 8th 2008 by Llewellyn Publications (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Witch A to Z, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Witch A to Z

Start your review of Everyday Witch A to Z: An Amusing, Inspiring & Informative Guide to the Wonderful World of Witchcraft
DestroyerbossAOele
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is totally informative.
Sarah Buchanan
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was ok

Very, very basic info for beginners. That part of it was fine, but what I have always found is that when a book describes itself on the cover as funny (or, "amusing" in this case), I rarely find it to be so.

It was obvious the author found her asides very funny, but to me, they were more annoying and distracting. Same for the sections where she wrote as her cat answering letters.

Also, her insistence that all witches are Wiccans (they're not), and the constant jabs at Christianity (I'm no
Rory
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
overall it was really good, especially for a beginner. it was heavily wicca based and when i started reading it i thought that was the path i was going to take but by the time i was done i changed my mind (not because of this book) so keep that bias in mind while reading.
Kimi
Jul 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult, witchy, nonfiction
Too focused on wicca-- everything else could be found in other sources. Also her attempts at humor were cringey.
Kristin Barton
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I reviewed this book for a magazine when it first came out. I admit now, as I did then, that I wasn't expecting much. I thought it sounded very dumbed down. But what I found was, although the book is for abject beginners and is accessible for teens and new adult seekers alike, it's not dumbed down. It's available and simple, yet written by a highly educated High Priestess, and that really shows. This book is not going to go beyond the first doorway to Wicca or Witchcraft, and it's not supposed t ...more
Mena
Jul 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Very fun and informative book!

Too often I find myself reading books on the Craft that are jam packed with nothing but information, which I then forget if I don't remember to bookmark it. Simply put, boring. Magick should never be boring! Deborah Blake has presented magick to us in an entertaining and informative way. In my opinion, more authors should be doing it this way.

I think this would be a good book for teens to start with since it has actual "normal" magickal practice in it rather than "H
Gofita
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Deborah Blake is funny and offers some insights into what it's like to be a witch. She runs through some basics of belief, terms, spells, and practices starting from A to Z. She recommends other books to read, has some funny anecdotes from her cat Magic, jokes, and history.

Overall, it's a nice intro to Wicca without being too heavy-handed.
Kristina Forsha
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Beginner Witches
Recommended to Kristina by: Myself
This book is a great book so don't hesitate to read it. It's more geared towards beginner witches so if your not a beginner you might find it pointless to read it. If you are not a beginner but would like to read it, have at it because it is a wonderful book for any witch to enjoy not just the beginner witches even though that's what it seems more geared towards. ...more
Davienne
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stand-alone, 2016, witchy
Truly enjoyable and super informative. Deborah has a wonderful sense of humor and she made me laugh with her Witchy jokes and personal insights. Magic the Cat is fantastic and I enjoyed his contributions to the book. I enjoyed Deborah's writing style, I felt like I was in her kitchen, learning from her and talking to her instead of reading a listed book of things. ...more
Hannah
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witchcraft
It was okay. Very, very fluffy and really sticks to the whole witches = Wiccans = Nature Worshipers.
Some of it was pretty cute but honestly not worth even $10. Knowing now I would have maybe payed $3 tops. Oh well.
Adriane
Jul 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Absolutely adorable book, I loved the fact that her cat co-wrote it. We met her at Pantheacon a few years ago and she has a wonderful personality and wisdom, I would recommend any book she's written. ...more
Nicki
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: witchy-things
Amusing book to flip through, not “read". Not very in depth. Author is Wiccan so those who do not follow that path may not find this book helpful, I wish this was more accurately reflected in the title. Fluffy beginner book, I suppose it would work well for beginners interested in Wicca. ...more
Ann
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
A very good resource covering many aspects of the craft. I like her writing style, feels like a good teacher talking to you.
Todd McGinnity
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

I checked this book out from our libraries overdrive and found it filled with interesting facts about Wicca. It's not a ritual book, just a 101 book.
Calantirniel
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a gift to my daughter when she was a teenager, and one afternoon I read it, and I thought it was perfect for her! Keep inspiring those young witchie-poohs Deborah!
Julie
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
An actual A to Z. Basic and beginner.
Moon Dance
Sep 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is amusing and very informative. I would recommend this book and the companion spellbook to anyone who is into the Craft.
Renee
Jun 05, 2012
Becky
May 04, 2015
Amanda Martek
rated it did not like it
Jul 22, 2017
Sep 16, 2016
Jan 02, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Goddess Experience: Custom-made for You
  • Rainbow Mocha (Hill Country Mysteries #3)
  • A Bitter Cup (Hill Country Mysteries #2)
  • Pink Is The New Black (A Witch's Cove Mystery, #1)
  • The Witch Who Tasted Murder (Pixie Point Bay, #5)
  • A Fresh Brew (Hill Country Mysteries #1)
  • The Witch Who Knew the Game (Pixie Point Bay, #4)
  • The Witch Who Filled in the Picture (Pixie Point Bay, #3)
  • 102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers
  • Killing for Company: The Case of Dennis Nilsen
  • Stonehenge: The Story So Far
  • The Witch Who Settled the Account (Pixie Point Bay, #1)
  • The Witch Who Saw a Star (Pixie Point Bay, #2)
  • A Double Shot of Ghosts: A Witch & Ghost Cozy Mystery (Welsh Witch Mysteries Book 3)
  • Tall, Dark and Troll: Welsh Witch Cozy Mystery #2
  • Ronnie
  • Running: The Autobiography
  • Danny the Champion of the World
Deborah is the author of twelve non-fiction books on modern witchcraft and a tarot and oracle decks from Llewellyn and the Baba Yaga series, The Broken Rider series, and the Veiled Magic series (mostly from Berkley) as well as a few stand-alone novels.

Deborah lives in a 130 year old farmhouse in upstate NY with multiple cats, and runs an artists' cooperative shop when she's not writing. She believ

News & Interviews