Start by marking “Miscast Spells (Styx Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Miscast Spells (Styx Trilogy, #1)

Read Book

Miscast Spells

(Styx Trilogy #1)

Mad bombers, matchmaking, magic spells--what's a butler to do?

Meet Bostwick von Dogsbody, a sardonic door-to-door magician, and his white rabbit, Emmaline, who just happens to be a cursed human princess. The two are traveling through the goblin-run continent of Ataxia in search of the legendary Domino of Nonpareil--a mask that allows the wearer to become anything he desire
Published February 1st 2016 by Rose Corcoran

To ask other readers questions about Miscast Spells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miscast Spells

Start your review of Miscast Spells (Styx Trilogy, #1)
Kaye
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
This is definitely going to be a delightfully fun trilogy. Rose Corcoran has channelled the storytelling power and imagination of Diana Wynne Jones, Jim Hensen, or Lewis Carroll and brought to life an amusing story full of mistrust, mischief, and magic. Delilah is one of the most deliciously intriguing characters and the story just keeps getting more and more exciting with every chapter.

I got into the story right away. The banter and sense of humor throughout is lighthearted and clever and the
Michelle Webber
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
An absolute delight to read. Colorful characters, whimsical and wacky scenarios, and a grumpy tuxedo cat, among other things. Miscast Spells book one has a lot of heart and is just too darn adorable not to love.
Kelly Stevenson
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. It was fun to read, and I really enjoyed the characters. The cover art is adorable, and I can not wait to read the second and third book in this series when it comes out.
Kyle William Urban
Within the first hour of reading this I read 60 pages and then I had to get ready for work. I found myself picking up the book and attempting to read it while trying to get changed. This is a page turner and the magic consumes you and pulls you into the pages.

I was so excited to read this and I was not disappointed when I sat down after work and finished the book. There isn't a dull moment, the writing does not get weaker at any point. There were no moments that I got confused with what was goin
Elizabeth
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Having read the blurb I thought it might be too much - like a handful of 10 completely different potpourris thrown into a cauldron of split pea soup - confusing and without a clear purpose. But I couldn't have been more wrong. Yes there's a lot going on but the author deftly weaves it all together. There are also interesting themes around truth and white lies, learning and hard work, friendship, loyalty and kindness.
Daydreamer
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookrobinhoods
Miscast Spells
By Rose Corcoran

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

🌟🌟🌟🌟✨(4,5)/5

Synopsis:
This book is about Bostwick, who is a court magician, and Emmaline, he princess who is cursed to be a rabbit. They find Delilah, a crazy goblin queen and try to steal something from her. As punishment Bostwick has to serve her for one hundred years. At the same time someone tries to destroy Delilah’s kingdom and the castle is visited by a cat that once also had a humanoid form.

My
Ramisa (sentrancedbookworm) Chowdhury
I got a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. No way is my opinion influenced by this. All views are my own.

You know those books that you know are going to be so much fun to read by reading just the synopsis? Miscast Spells was one of them. I found Rose Corcoran in the Book Robin Hood’s website and the blurb for this book on her info was tiny, like maybe a couple of lines. But I knew, I knew I was going to love this book from those few lines.
Even though rating this b
Jessica
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miscast Spells was by far one of the best books I've ever had the pleasure to read. From beginning to end I was on the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen next. All the characters pulled me in; from the eccentric Delilah, to the rationality of Bostwick, and the witticism of Emmaline, and the naivety and complexity of Millie. The characters spoke to me, showed me a glimpse into their lives and made me feel welcome. I can not wait to read the next installment by the lovely Rose Corcoran. ...more
Madelyn Knecht
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book and I loved it! It's extremely creative and adorable. It is definitely a book to read for anyone who enjoys anime and manga, because it reads very much like one.
It reminded me of a cross between Alice in Wonderland and the Artemis Fowl series with its creative descriptions, characters, and chaos.
On the downside, I have to admit that I didn't really care for the romance. I actually wanted to know more about Emmaline and her relationship with Bostwick rather than Millice
Caroline
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I received a free copy of this book to review, and it was a very enjoyable experience. Miscast Spells is simple, whimsical and hilarious – a perfect read if you want to relax and have some laughs. I felt that some parts of the book were tied together a bit loosely, but it didn't make the story harder to follow or affect how pleasant it was to read.

I was unlucky with the end of Miscast Spells , but I take total responsibility for it. I know many people who like this kind of cliffhanger end th
Amelia Johnson mason
I really enjoyed this book (the whole trilogy was great)! It begins with a princess being cursed into the form of a rabbit and traveling with the court magician through the goblin kingdoms in search of a cure. From there it gets wild and fun and introduces some of the greatest characters. Well worth your time to read!
Morgan Horner
This book was a solid 3.5 stars. I really enjoyed the world and characters. I do wish there was a little bit more world building but other than that it was amazing. I really want to continue on with the series. I really wish I had the second book!
Drucilla
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c
Such fun characters and interesting world-building!
Nora
Jan 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-book
Well, I'm disappointed because I really liked the auth
Well, I'm disappointed. I really liked the author, but I didnt like the book. I finished it. But never felt fully invested
Sofia
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as part of a giveaway. I enjoyed reading it, though I did have a couple problems with how the characters were written. Many of their traits were "told" instead of "shown," and this led to some inconsistencies in how they were perceived and treated by other characters. Overall, it was a fun read and a cute story!
Tricia
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended for fans of fantasy with an engaging plot and lots of great character development. Middle school readers will definitely want to continue with the next book in the series, once it is published. Adults too!!
Kathy
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reminiscent of Lewis Carrol in its madcap situations, this story has a lot to offer. The characters are fresh and real, the dialogue is hilarious, and there's more to the plot than meets the eye. All ages can enjoy Miscast Spells, a delightful, humorous new addition to the fantasy genre.
Tom Corcoran
Roxanne
Stephanie
Carol

Styx Trilogy (2 books)
  • Outcast Shadows (Styx Trilogy, #2)

News & Interviews