Start by marking “Skin and Bones (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Skin and Bones (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #1)

Skin and Bones

(The Ever Chace Chronicles #1)

Teens are turning up dead, and it will take a special team to catch a killer.

Derek Doyle has been a member of the Paranormal Investigations Team since the monsters revealed themselves to the world. Considering that he thinks a monster is needed to catch a monster, he's definitely in the right place. As a lone wolf not used to letting many people in, neither man nor beast w
Published June 7th 2016 by Clean Teen Publishing (first published June 6th 2016)

Start your review of Skin and Bones (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #1)
Marylovesbooks
Very good book
Dianne
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
It takes a monster to catch a monster and Derek Doyle, wolf and paranormal investigator is determined to bring a murderer to justice. When he discovered he would have an expert consultant on the team, neither he nor his wolf were ready for human Dr. Ever Chase or what her presence would awaken.

SKIN AND BONES by Susan Harris is part mystery, all paranormal with the spice of a slow, smoldering romance thrown in.

Why are teens being murdered? What is the murderer after? Does he/she have ulterior mot
Joan
Tracey Anderson
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
A good book with an exciting storyline, however I was disappointed to find it ended on a cliffhanger. While I knew it was pat of a series I had thought each book could be read as a stand alone.
Iliyan Iliev
Poorly written. It's been a while since I was so annoyed by the writing in a book. Not sure I want to continue with the series.
Carly Odonoghue
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Skin and Bones is the first book I've read by Susan Harris and I'm excited to know that it's only the first book in The Ever Chase Chronicles.
This book is about Derek Doyle who is a lone wolf is a member of the Paranormal Investigation Team in Cork, Ireland. He needs to track down a serial killer and fast. So with the help of consultant Dr Ever Chace they embark on a journey that'll be filled with suspense, drama, inner conflict and a unexpected discovery.
I enjoyed everything about this book but
Melanie's
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic start to a new series from Susan Harris! Imagine a paranormal Criminal Minds type set up and that pretty much sums this up. Action packed with some amazing twists the story kept me turning pages until I got to the end... and now I want more! Definitely add this one to you TBR list! V""V
Tamar Elmensdorp-lijzenga
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read. Werewolves, vampires, even Gods and all other sort of supernaturals you can think of. All wrapped in a thrilling crime story, with a bit of romance and a lot of mystery to spice things up.
And the best part ... there will be more. Can’t wait to read the next part.
Maggie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
A simply horrid cliffhanger is tacked onto the last page and a half of this book. Already wasn’t a star - all the PNR tropes but somehow a tad tedious.
Dena
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Really enjoyed this story. I thought I reviewed this awhile ago since I finished it earlier in July. Oh well it’s been a busy summer. I like the characters they bring this story to life. Derek was an intense character because of his baggage and I think the girl will be good for him.
Melody
Mar 20, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My need for escapism certainly bit me in the butt this time.

I like the basic premise - team of paranormal investigators catches serial killers. But an inane ‘surprise twist’ subplot and a ridiculous cliffhanger ending really ruined this for me.

I’m completely mystified by its inordinately high ratings.
Kathryn
Skin and Bones is a supernatural murder mystery. I hesitate to call it a romance though. There is definitely chemistry between the main characters, but it never goes very far, at least not in this book.
I love that it is more of an ensemble cast and that we get to know the team as the friends and family they have become. It's a decent story that keeps you guessing.
It takes place in Ireland, but I never really got a sense of place. It could have been Cleveland.
Although the dream sequences provid
Moondance
The day was just another ordinary day, dull and overcast, the grey clouds threatening to unleash a torrent of rain down amongst those who meandered about.

Teenagers are being brutally murdered and the Paranormal Investigations Team is tasked to find the killer. The team consists of a werewolf, a warlock, a couple of vampires and a human. Derek, the werewolf, is assigned to work with a professor of paranormal studies, Ever. Ever has spent her life believing that she is human although her adopt
Doris
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Doyle is a paranormal investigator that has to take a few days break during the full moon. He is on the hunt for a serial killer that is targeting paranormal children. Along the way he meets Dr. Ever Chace, and his world is thrown in a tailspin.
Dr. Chace is renowned for her own work in the educational and consulting world. She teams up with Doyle's unit and nothing seems to be able to stand in their way.
The draw between Doyle and Ever is apparent right from the beginning and I love to see that
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepages1977.blog...

Wow, what an amazing story with a phenomenal twist. I love how the author spun this story. She created a world unlike any I have ever read before. The characters were amazing and I felt as if I could connect with Ever. She is a powerful character that I wish to read more about. The story-line just blew me away and the more I read the more I was sucked into this remarkable world. I highly recommend this story all adults to read.

Crimso
Yara
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was totally awesome!!!! It had a steady clip to it, descriptive three dimensional characters, and thrilling action. Derek and Ever were great. Derek fights with his inner wolf, referring to his wolf as separate, and Ever fights to fit in a world of supes when she's a human, or is she? The cliff hanger ending made me scream in frustration since this book just came out so I'll need to wait for the next installment. Will definitely keep my eyes peeled for it!
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
This is a really good paranormal read full of action and many twists and turns. A great beginning for a new series.

{I received an eARC via Clean Teen Publishing Elite Reviewers which I am a member of. I made no guarantee of a favorable review and the opinions expressed here are unbiased and my own. }

InD'tale Magazine
“Skin and Bones” is a good book. Ms. Harris’ prose is easy to read and she composes a believable world full of many types of supernatural creatures living along-side humans.

Read full review in the 2016 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Lee
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good book can't wait for the next one
CK
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Susan Harris, an author from Cork, presents a paranormal murder mystery set in Cork… that has so little Irish culture, slang, or cadence, it makes one forget it’s supposed to be Irish.

Aside from that, this first-in-a-series is a solid first entry to a promising saga.

A group of paranormal police are trying to find a serial killer before another child dies. They’ll have to get a specialised consultant to help out on this one, & sending out the group’s werewolf to pick up Dr. Chace sets in motion a
Laura Thomas
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m not one for the insta-love thing but I actually had a good experience with it in this book. I felt insta-love for Derek and Ever and didn’t mind at all that they felt an instant connection to each other. Let me explain. It’s not a focal point in the book and later in the story you’ll find out more about why that happened.

Derek is called in for cases that have a paranormal element to them. When something starts killing teens, he’s lead on the case.

Dr. Ever Chase, though human, becomes involve
Ka'Lynn Paz
Stillgrowing
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
I actually liked this book. The story was great. I started it one day and finished it the very next.

The main character’s story was slowly revealed but the pace was perfect. There wasn’t a point where I was annoyed and said, “Come on already!”, as the action in the present was just as interesting. Sometimes I read a book and the flash back bits seem ill-timed or distracting or even too long. Not so in this book; they were just right.

Even smaller characters were compelling and I was curious to f
Jessica
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Bumpy and inconsistent

*Spoilers*
Well, just a little.
The first thing I noticed when I picked up this book is the spacing between paragraphs. There’s one between Every. Single. Paragraph. It’s annoying AF and gives the whole book a weird look. And a “stuffed book” feel so that the author gets more “pages” out of her KU upload (because really it’s not that long of a book). So that’s not cool. That alone will put an author on my “Never To Read” list.
The second thing I noticed about this book is ju
Lillian Cummings
Derek Doyle feels the moon pulling on his skin the wolf wants out but right now he needs to find out who is killing young girls. He knows that he & his team need to work quickly to find the person that is killing these young supernatural girls but why them? Derek knows that he needs to find answers quickly so when his boss sends him to go and fetch a lecturer he has no idea that everything is about to change. Ever is like no one that he has ever met and he works with other supernaturals every da ...more
NL Clarke
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is a supernatural detective/mystery/suspense thriller with a good romance woven throughout. There’s nothing too much bad to say at the start – the novel promises engaging and evolving characters, it had a well-developed and intriguing plot with good twists and turns, and it features a smart, narrative style/dialog. The romance was written well, too, but X-rated erotica fans will find that to be absent in this first book of the series. (I didn’t have a problem with that fact, howeve
Marisa Valle
I liked this story and the main characters Ever and Derrick, but I almost felt like there was too much going on. I need time to care about the main characters before delving into other people's drama. The flashbacks to Ever's previous lives were also confusing. Maybe the explanation is supposed to be divulged eventually in other sequels but I couldn't really understand what was going on or why. What happened in Valhalla that left it in the hands of Freya and the valkyries and why did Ever have t ...more
Erin Penn
I think this book is suffering from me reading a mediocre romance immediately before it. A lot of the hackney overused phrases from there appear as one-liners here – leaping out at me where I wouldn't be so sensitive to them normally. I was also taken aback by the “cover name character” not being the Point-of-View (POV) character until several chapters in. There are a lot of characters that the POV bounces between, which was unexpected in a modern urban fantasy – not wrong, just not typical.

Bein
Kitty

Read : March 30th 2019
Rating : 3 Stars

I got this free on Amazon and thought this was a pretty good start to a series.

This is mainly told from Derek's pov and Ever's pov and some bits from the killers pov.

Derek Doyle is an investigator for the Paranormal Investigations Team (P.I.T.) and a werewolf, who is on the case of someone killing teenagers on the cusp of growing into their supernatural powers.

Because the team can't seem to figure out who is doing this they bring in Dr. Ever Chace, a human
Nicketa Fox
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m not usually one for crime books, but I loved this. I think it was because it had that supernatural aspect to it. I thoroughly enjoyed getting BOTH sides of the story with the added POV from some side characters.
I liked how Derrick wasn’t overbearing with Ever and it actually read like a proper relationship. Both unsure, but feeling the attraction and going with it. He didn’t fall for her and decide HAVE TO DOMINATE AND NOT LET HER HAVE HER SPACE OR BE OUT OF MY EYESIGHT EVER AND I HAVE TO B
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Where Sleeping Dragons Lie (Dragon Shifters of Elysia, #1)
  • Shift of Fate (Wolfguard Protectors, #1)
  • Once Blessed, Thrice Cursed (A Sister Witches Urban Fantasy #1)
  • Trolling for Trouble (MAUCs, #1)
  • Pack Run (Highlander Wolf, #1)
  • Ever Strange
  • A Vampire Bewitched (Deathless Night #1)
  • Dead Eye (Tiger's Eye Mystery, #1)
  • Wolf's Bane (Moon Marked, #1)
  • Protected Mate (Catamount Lion Shifters, #1)
  • Knight's Redemption (Knights of Hell, #1)
  • Alien Mischief (Alien Mate, #4)
  • Vampire Mage (Clutch Mistress, #1)
  • Bessie Bell and the Goblin King (Tales of Aylfenhame, #3)
  • Black Mesa Wolves (Black Mesa Wolves #1-4)
  • Eyes to See (Jeremiah Hunt, #1)
  • Ravenite (Vengeance and Vampires, #1)
  • Mated in Mist (Talon Pack, #3)
Susan Harris is a writer from Cork in Ireland. An avid reader, she quickly grew to love books in the supernatural/fantasy genre. When she is not writing or reading, she loves music, oriental cultures, tattoos, anything Disney and psychology. If she wasn't a writer she would love to be a FBI profiler or a PA for Dave Grohl or Jared Leto.

The Ever Chace Chronicles (5 books)
  • Collateral Damage  (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #2)
  • Smoke and Mirrors (The Ever Chace Chronicles, 3)
  • Night of the Hunter (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #4)
  • Never Back Down (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #5)